they talk about how the first fighting game came to be

Posted by Bendehur2006

i saw on g4 on icon's how they made fighting games for the old to the new and the newst.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

I didn't catch that, what did they claim as the first fighter?

Posted by Burrito

Isn't that street fighter?

Posted by Bendehur2008

well now he's off so i can't help on this thread but it would be good to see what he was trying to say.

Posted by Red

poor bendeur losin all that rep from one thread...I did to accually, sorry :)

and street fighter couldn't have been the first fighter.

Posted by Colonel

You and your darn pitty parties Ryan.

Posted by Bendehur2008

sorry still cant help you there bendehur2006 has moved to that site were his not baned so i cant help this thread

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Quoting .hack//: You and your darn pitty parties Ryan.

There were fighting games on ATARI I think.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

May not have been the first, but I tell you what started the fighting genre in the right direction!

Karate Champ for the NES. "Round 1, FIGHT!"

Anywho, I have no idea what bendhur was trying to accomplish. And I thing Phylinte is right about it being on the ATARI or something.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

The first fighting game was for the atari in 1979. It's called Warriors and it's not based on the movie, it's about knights

Posted by Angerion the Brave

It started with the simple side scrollers where you beat up random enemies. Than someone said, "Hey, I'd love to be able to play this style of game against my buddy to see who indeed is better at it."

Warriors may have been the first, but Street Fighter II was where the fighting genre took off. Much like Resident Evil soared on the Survival Horror ground rules that Alone in the Dark set years before it.