Wintersun - Time

Posted by Klarth

Track titles revealed, recording currently taking place...

1. Sons of Winter and Stars
2. Land of Snow and Sorrow
3. Time
4. Fire
5. One with the Shadows
6. Storm
7. Silver Leaves

It's set to be released at the end of the year, and it's being mixed in November.

With this and the new Agalloch, I'll be able to die happy. <3

Posted by Raptor

The artist name and song titles alone make it worth at least giving a trial, for me.

Posted by Klarth

They go crazy on the synth and drums, but it's raaaar crazy growly melodeath, so I don't know how you'd like it.

Then again, nor did I when I bought their debut. /shrug

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Sweet. I definitely need some more Wintersun, what with their current album almost getting stale. Seems like 2006 keeps getting better for music.

Posted by Raptor

I enjoy raaaar crazy growly melodeath if it's good.

The vocals can be a bit monotonous, but otherwise they do their job. Definitely not bad, anyways. Plus, it's usually the rest of the music that's the main focus... and for good reason since it's excellent.

Posted by Klarth

Jari has the best growly vox I've ever heard.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Jari has the best growly vox I've ever heard.

Mikael Stanne > everyone. I'll upload you some Dark Tranquillity on the weekend.

I liked the longer songs on Wintersun's debut, so I'm interested in this. I never really liked Ensiferum though; they always seemed a bit too cheesy for my tastes.

Quoted post: I never really liked Ensiferum though; they always seemed a bit too cheesy for my tastes.

disagree :mad: I love their music. Though I thought "Beyond the Dark Sun" was on of Wintersun's better songs, and that was by far the shortest.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Richaod: Mikael Stanne > everyone

Not directed at you, just the subject. The guys from Nyktalgia, Pantheist, Thergothon and the guy from Deathspell Omega and Stabat Mater have the best growls I've yet to hear. Something about those Funeral Doom guys really draws me, I guess it's because how long they can space the throat "rumbles" or "crackles" that baffles me. Plus, the guy from Mutiilation (not mentioned) can pull of that metallic "bat to the chest" quick expulsion of air (see: "Possessed and Immortal" at 1:24) and Nyktalgia has that crazy scream at 0:54 on "Misere Nobis".

As for Wintersun, I'll probably give the album a listen, as the few songs I've heard in the past struck me as pretty decent.