Summer Contest.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Summer is just about here. Should we have the normal arcade contest, or wait until the new, much better, RPG game is released and have a three month contest with that?

Posted by GameMiestro

RPG. I stand a good shot at winning (unless Jesse is as good as he is in the gze version, or bazariah starts playing again :( ), plus, you all know who's going to win the Arcade contest anyways. If the tournament I tried to make used a battle system anything like this version, it would be much more remembered.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Don't panic. I'm not the best one over there!!! Not even close!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

You're the best vgc'er, at level 28. Second is me at lv. 19, third is Nes Queen, I think, at lv. 3.

My lv. 8 Poison is awesome :cool:.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting GameMiestro: You're the best vgc'er, at level 28. Second is me at lv. 19, third is Nes Queen, I think, at lv. 3.

My lv. 8 Poison is awesome :cool:.

thats because we're the only ones playing :/

Do the RPG thing, even if you have to wait until after summer. The arcade contest is getting boring since the games are the same, exploits still there, and same obnoxiousness that will come back when it starts.

RPG baby!

Posted by GameMiestro

The Triple Triad is about 500 times better than the last version, which is also good news. Can you add new combat skills, Jesse, which function sort of like magic? For example, you could have an ability that does +20% strength plus 4% for each level. That would instantly solve the massive unfairness between the user types.

Also, spells should do a whole lot less damage (fireballs that can instantly kill you three times over? Me no like.)

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't know any more than you guys do. We don't have access to any admin stuff!! I'm guessing you can. Though it'll be a challenge to get me to change anything, atleast for awhile, knowing how good I am at messing up the game!!!!

er I hardly even use strength!!! Poison rocks!!! :D One plus is that you can change your stats!! For example, for one boss give yourself a lot of extra speed, then another boss, move half of that speed to something else...like magic!! That's how I got the last two bosses beat.

er...the bosses doing fireballs...er you're not strong enough for them yet!!!!

Quoting GameMiestro: My lv. 8 Poison is awesome :cool:.

Finally, you have seen the light!!! :D

Posted by Steve Urkel

I think an arcade one would be swell!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Jesse Smith]
Finally, you have seen the light!!! :D

I have finally leveled up to the point where I can beat Harpies. I've also discovered a glitch in the game that allows you to use an infinite amount of potions inside a battle- very useful if you don't use healing spells. I actually could have beaten that Guardian Golem if I didn't run out of MP, and am currently allowing myself to be killed so I can try again with infinite mana potions as well as health.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Jesse, you already know the RPG and Triple Triad would be completely unfair seeing as people just whore out the stat bonuses, and even if you deleted all the characters and made a fresh start it'd be the same BS. There's no challenge.

I vote for the arcade. At least some people have CHANCES at winning this, compared to the RPG>

Posted by Linko_16

I like the arcade more myself, but I wouldn't be participating anyway. I don't have a patience to get as good as those games as some people are.

Quoting Linko_16: I like the arcade more myself, but I wouldn't be participating anyway. I don't have a patience to get as good as those games as some people are.

Most of the time they aren't, people like exploiting glitches or have no lives whatsoever. The one I remember most clearly is "Spank the Monkey" in which you can move the pointer around the game screen and than pull it back in for a massive speed boost.

Another random example is, NES Queen earning "1,595,500,544" on the Apple Hunt game.

Ridiculous.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Jesse, you already know the RPG and Triple Triad would be completely unfair seeing as people just whore out the stat bonuses, and even if you deleted all the characters and made a fresh start it'd be the same BS. There's no challenge.

Um, read the post again...

[quote]or wait until the new, much better, RPG game is released

It wouldn't be da current version.

You can't expect us to vote for something we haven't even seen yet. Show us some previews at least.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, hunt through the RPG Inferno board. There's a link to the future game!!!

http://www.gzevolution.net/forums/inferno.php

Posted by Linkman

Arcade, it requires actual skill; well for the most part.

I like how this new one looks, but I still say the arcade.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: Arcade, it requires actual skill; well for the most part.

So does the future RPG version. Just ask GameMiestro!! :D He was complaining over there about geting killed by magic, and not being able to kill some of the monsters!!! :D Heck, for an example of challenge, compaire our stats...

GameMiestro
http://www.gzevolution.net/forums/inferno.php?do=scan&u=6512
Battle Victories: 229 / 266 (86%)
Level: 23
Poison Level: 10
Gold: ???
He's still fighting.

Me
http://www.gzevolution.net/forums/inferno.php?do=scan&u=6468
Battle Victories: 213 / 269 (79%)
Level: 40
Poison Level: 17
Gold: 24,582 (In bank.)
I've killed all the bosses and the only thing I can do now is level up/get gold by fighting enemies, even with way less Skill levels than him.

We've both had about the same number of battles, but I'm almost at twice the exp level!!! For stats, we're both about the same except I got 400 MP, and he has 215. (Magic is the secret, aka Poison attacks.)

Posted by Steve Urkel

Arcade is super fun! I am not sure if I would be too good at rpg cause i never did it before. I play arcade games all the time at home. I should try out the arcade here too.

Whatever your decision is though, it's swell.

Posted by ~vampire~

I thought of the arcade at first, but in the end I realize I dont play it much anymore, so I'm out of any contests.

Posted by Poison

Maybe VGC should have some sort of awesome picture contest of awesomeness. Encourage members to go out, do something and then take pictures. At the end of the summer, the member with the most awesome, amazing, astonishing, incredible, remarkable, miraculous, amazing, amazing, breathtaking, overwhelming, breathtaking, cool picture wins.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Poison: Maybe VGC should have some sort of awesome picture contest of awesomeness.

Did some one poison you??!! Get help fast!!! Newsflash: This isn't a picture site. It's a video game site!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Poison

Quoting Jesse Smith: Newsflash: This isn't a picture site. It's a video game site!!! :D:D:D

What the hell? I never knew; that must be why I don

Posted by ~vampire~

Maybe its a VG forum jesse, but we do have an "arts and graphics" board to post stuff like that. The contest could run there. and if not, how about a special picture blog?

Posted by Jesse Smith

You guys down there can make your own contest. :D

Newsflash: Pictures go in da 'Art and Graphics' board!!! :D

Posted by ~vampire~

Thanx :)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Jesse, you already know the RPG and Triple Triad would be completely unfair seeing as people just whore out the stat bonuses, and even if you deleted all the characters and made a fresh start it'd be the same BS. There's no challenge.

I vote for the arcade. At least some people have CHANCES at winning this, compared to the RPG>

This is different than the old version. There is no "stat" store, and the only way to become more powerful is to level up. Like Jesse said, this game does require much more skill than the previous version, and it is a lot more difficult. If I had known early on that magic was 10 times more efficient than strength based attacks, I probably would be at the level Jesse is now. You have a lot more options in this new game, and choosing the right monsters to fight and deciding how to do it does make a lot of difference this time around.

Posted by muffla

arcade the rpg game makes my brain ich