Hackers starting to give Microsoft some credit.

Posted by Axis

[quote]The legendary Team Xecuter yesterday made a rather interesting discovery while ploughing through the Xbox 360's innards. It seems that the firmware chip of the TS-ODD drive has been protected with a big blob of glue. The glue prevents hackers from touching the firmware chip, they would also find it near impossible to remove the substance without damaging the chip.

The glue has forced hackers to try and find a different route into the 360, a new route means more time wasted on the new console and more solder work. This latest development proves furthermore that Microsoft thought about the hacking world while creating the next-gen console.

Hackers thought it would take mere hours to open up the 360, but its now 6 months and counting since the console's release.

Found this to be pretty funny. Out of all the things, a glob of glue stops them.

Posted by Random

Thats actually a pretty good idea. I wonder why that wasn't thought of before. Heh that is pretty neat.

Posted by Klarth

They've already found the alternative contact points for the firmware chip :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Illegal immigrants at work!

Posted by bazariah

i allways thought years ago that a blobb of glue or a bit of melted plasic over the chips would be a good idea and lo and behold microsoft did it :D

Posted by GameMiestro

You see, covering the chips with glue was just the first step! Soon, the entire chips will be made of glue, and will explode on contact!

That will show those hackers...

Posted by Bebop

Very clever move by MS. I congratulate them.

Posted by juliebriggs

"whats this blinking red light inside my ps3"

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/juliebriggs/Ukgrable2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by XboxGrid

Ha, **** it M$ always making it hard for the hacking man...

Posted by dynamite7788

ha ha