Open Challenge Center

Posted by Crono

All right, instead of having dozens of open challenge threads floating around the board, if you are ever looking for a challenge simply post here. I'll keep anyone looking for a battle in this thread, along with the date they posted the challenge, and you can either PM them or respond in this thread or the general thread to let them know you'll accept their open challenge. I'll keep an updated listing of who is seeking a challenge and if your challenge has been accepted, send me a message or post here telling me that you're no longer searching for a challenge so I can update your status.

Example:

Lunairetic posts on June 4th: Looking for open challenge

I'll update this thread in the following way:

Searching for opponent:
Lunairetic : June 4th

Now, after a few days, let's say Strike accepts his challenge. Then I would update again to say something along the lines of:

Searching for opponent:
Lunairetic : June 4th /// Accepted by Strike : June 9th

We can also use this to keep track of who has fought who, what battles have been completed, and make it a sort of record if you wish, and I will also be making them links to the thread as well, so the "Lunairetic : June 4th /// Accepted by Strike : June 9th" would be one long link that would point to their battle, for any reading the thread and wishing to see the battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All in all, simple enough, just a matter of implementing it.

Searching for opponent:

Open RP's or Battles:
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=13793]Video Game Free-For-All, hosted by Strike[/url]
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=13088]Open Quest, hosted by Strike[/url]

Battles Open for Viewing (Closed)
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14379]Sean the Wicked : May 23 /// Accepted by Nido : May 29[/url]
Kell : June 1 /// Accepted by Necro : June 14
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=8773]Eisenfaust : Oct 11 '05 /// Accepted by Lunairetic : Oct 13 '05[/url]
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14916]Edwin the Gray : June 27 /// Accepted by Lunairetic : June 27[/url]
[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=24341]KluE : July 9 '07 /// Accepted by Chiaroscuro : June 10 '07[/url]
[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14666] Crono vs Echo, Round 3 (Started in '05)[/url]

Battles Completed/Abandoned
[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=288141]Battle Royal, Thunder Style[/url]

Posted by S

Good idea Crono, just don't let it fall behind - ya? I'll keep it up to date with the best of my ability.

Posted by Crono

Of course, both of us can edit my first post there. I plan on checking in fairly often now, as I begin playing a bit less of my games and start spending a bit more time drawing and writing like I used to, so I don't think I'll be behind at all with this, especially with such an easy update process.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Best idea I've seen used in this forum in quite awhile. As long as its maintained, which shouldn't be a problem with you moderators currently as active as you are, this is a great way to keep things organized and easily accesible. I wish we had something like this back when your thread could kick get backed a whole page in a few hours.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Not a bad idea. It makes everything much easier. Crono's a genious! Oh, and Crono, sorry about my sig thing. I keep forgetting about that.

Posted by Crono

All righty, now let's keep these posts in General Discussion now, and leave this to the challenges.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Ah what the hell, I don't feel like making a thread, sign me up for an open battle. I itch to draw blood.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Ah what the hell, I don't feel like making a thread, sign me up for an open battle. I itch to draw blood.

That's the point of this; no more making pointless threads, it'll be posted in the first post of the thread to show who is openly looking for a battle.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I've never completed a battle with Sean and seeing as I've as many oppurtunities to reply as I do, I'll take him up on that offer.

Quoting Chiaroscuro: I've never completed a battle with Sean and seeing as I've as many oppurtunities to reply as I do, I'll take him up on that offer.

And I eagerly accept! I also understand that you sometimes take awhile to respond to battles and I find it perfectly understandable, so no need to worry on that part either.

Posted by GameMiestro

If you have the battle we were doing, Sean, we could finish it here...

...or I'll just walk away quietly.

Quoting GameMiestro: If you have the battle we were doing, Sean, we could finish it here...

...or I'll just walk away quietly.

Even if I remembered the battle you're talking about, my computer recently 'died' on me and I lost everything I had. But otherwise I'd be willing to fight Nido and you in different battles at the same time.

Posted by GameMiestro

Big ship, lots of wierd aliens, more of a roleplay than an actual battle? Plus, I think you archived it, so it should stand out a little.

Dang it, a lot of the stuff I made was stuck on your forum... well, at least I have a copy of my character info.

EDIT: Even if your computer shut down, shouldn't your stuff still be on the forum?

Quoting GameMiestro: Big ship, lots of wierd aliens, more of a roleplay than an actual battle? Plus, I think you archived it, so it should stand out a little.

Dang it, a lot of the stuff I made was stuck on your forum... well, at least I have a copy of my character info.

EDIT: Even if your computer shut down, shouldn't your stuff still be on the forum?

I cleaned off the forum before I shut it down, so nothing's left there =/

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sean the Wicked]I cleaned off the forum before I shut it down, so nothing's left there =/

Blarg it! That makes me feel pretty sad, actually, as that was the first battle I ever did, and I thought we had a pretty awesome set up... well, I hope we can do something just as good here.

Posted by Kell

if anyone's wants to sim it up I'm you're huckle berry

I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind being a test subject for a speculated character I'm making. What I'm looking to do is have a battle with him and create his profile from the fight results (this way I can see how I want to use him and so forth) which would make it much easier on my head with the thinking and such.

So, whoever wants to help me with that it'd be greatly appreciated. Oh, and GM, as soon as I do this we'll have our battle.

EDIT: Ignore that, already doing it somewhere else. Wooooh.

Posted by Crono

Updated June 14 '06
-----------------------------------

*Added link to Battle Royal, Thunder Style signups
*Added link to battle between Eisenfaust and Lunairetic
*Added link to battle between Sean Fury and Nido

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Not sure if Kell is still active, but Ill take up that battle.

Posted by S

I'll bug Kell to get on.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Much appreciated.

Posted by S

By the way Necro, you and I still have to have a go sometime.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Be more than happy to partake in a bout with ya.

Posted by S

Good good... last time you saw my writing, I think, I was still a noob haha.

P.S. Welcome back Strike.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

As far as I can remember Lunairetic, you were one of the few with a head on his shoulders back then. Most new people that came through here were idiots and refused to listen to reason.

Lunairetic, if your up to it, we can have our bout now. I've got time, and am itching to throw down more than what I already am.

Requesting a battle with...well anyone, I don't really care. I have a lot of writing spirit in me now and I figure'd I'd get it out while I can. And as I've proved before, I can handle a couple fights at the same time.

EDIT: Ah, another request I'm taking back. I have four fights going on now and I think I'm alright with that number.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

2v2

Any two here possibly interested in a 2v2 battle against myself and Chiaroscuro?

...Could be Fun...

Posted by S

Sounds fun. I'm game.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Awesome dude. Lets see if we can get one more taker, unless you have a partner in mind already.?

Posted by S

Nope, I've got no one in mind.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Alright, well anyone else wanna get in on this, Lunairetic needs a right hand man for us to get this thing rollin.

I'll be your partner if you want Luna~

I need something to do.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'd like to finish my battle with Sean first if he's going to be a part of the 2 on 2 before we start that. I know I've been much delayed in that fight, but now that my mind is away from the Battle Royale and I've cleared up a very tedious real life situation, I have much more time to dedicate to finishing up my ongoing battles. I know I've said this once already, but I'm serious about it this time. I'm going to a cookout tonight and spending the night at a friend's, but tomorrow I will have more than enough time to catch up on everything.

Quoting Chiaroscuro: I'd like to finish my battle with Sean first if he's going to be a part of the 2 on 2 before we start that. I know I've been much delayed in that fight, but now that my mind is away from the Battle Royale and I've cleared up a very tedious real life situation, I have much more time to dedicate to finishing up my ongoing battles. I know I've said this once already, but I'm serious about it this time. I'm going to a cookout tonight and spending the night at a friend's, but tomorrow I will have more than enough time to catch up on everything.

As I said before, you can take your time with our fight, I'd like it to be the best we can both do as I've looked forward to fighting you for a long time.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Sean the Fascist: As I said before, you can take your time with our fight, I'd like it to be the best we can both do as I've looked forward to fighting you for a long time.

That is exactly why you've been left waiting, is because I can't get myself to come up with anything worthwhile lately. I've got some inspiration going, though, so that's why I'm confident I'll get replies up quick. My plans changed a bit and I'm staying home tonight so you can expect a reply within 12 hours from now.

Posted by S

Any partner is good for me, honestly. I'm looking forward to fighting these two, doesn't matter if it's 2v1 for all I care. So if you want Sean, yeah sure. Keep in touch over AIM, if that's the plan.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Alright then, we can just do this whenever Chiaroscuro is ready. Sound good to everyone?

Posted by S

Open challenge posted, check the thread. I'll take anyone on, honestly. Just be sure to be prompt, please. That's all I ask.^^; The longer it takes you to reply, the bigger chance I lose my muse. :/

Posted by ShippoAkoutsu

I'd like to fight someone, seeing as I just created my character I need a coming out battle.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting ShippoAkoutsu: I'd like to fight someone, seeing as I just created my character I need a coming out battle.

Sorry man, but this forum is just about burnt to the ground in terms of inactivity. You're going to be better off looking elsewhere for creative writing/sparring type deals.

Posted by S

Such a pessimist Chiaro. I'd take you up but I've got too much work on my plate for a little while. Stick around a bit and I may get a break in time though.

Posted by ShippoAkoutsu

Quoting Lunairetic: Such a pessimist Chiaro. I'd take you up but I've got too much work on my plate for a little while. Stick around a bit and I may get a break in time though.

Thanks, I guess I wasn't aware it was so inactive at this time...

Posted by S

The sim community is off and on. It will thrive for a week or two but die shortly after. That's the way its been since I started two years ago or so.

Posted by ShippoAkoutsu

Well, I guess it was like that with the pokemon board a while back too. So I'm a bit used to it.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I'd like to battle someone. Someone who will respond at least every other day. Yeah...

Posted by ShippoAkoutsu

I'll fight you.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Cool. I'll accept that. Shall I make the thread, or you?

Posted by S

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=17917

He made it awhile ago.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Ok, I got it. Thanks.

Posted by Red

k just made a profile, itchin to fight anyone up to it?

I'll let you decide some rules. :p

Posted by Creedence

Hey Red, I'll fight you, but you need to remake your profile first.

Posted by Red

sounds good, gimme about a month give or take? haha I'll try to have it done soon though.

Posted by Creedence

Cool, I can wait.

Posted by metroidhunter9292

Im lookin for a battle to fight, and as im a rookie, ill have to try hard...

Posted by metroidhunter9292

Quoting Kiyoshi: I'd like to battle someone. Someone who will respond at least every other day. Yeah...

Ill battle you

Posted by KluE

Hopefully this thread isnt dead...although the last post was almost 2 months ago...anyway, I'd like to post an open challenge to anyone who'd like to play. Fair warning though, I havent simmed in quite awhile, so I have no idea how well I'll be writing... Just need at least 1 battle to work the rust off...

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting KluE: Hopefully this thread isnt dead...although the last post was almost 2 months ago...anyway, I'd like to post an open challenge to anyone who'd like to play. Fair warning though, I havent simmed in quite awhile, so I have no idea how well I'll be writing... Just need at least 1 battle to work the rust off...

I've been rusty myself, and seeing as I'm waiting for someone to finish up a battle before I take one up with them, I'm quite available. I've done this a few times ;) before so I know what I'm doing if that was an issue at all. You game?

Posted by KluE

Sure, im game, but I also know enough to remember you and to realize I'll probably get my *** kicked, but oh well, if you want to be good, you have to play with good players, right? Anyway, I'll make a thread

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]If anyone is lurking around here, I'm up for a fight.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by S

There's a few of us around right now. I'll respond to our fight when I get a chance, in the middle of my response to Strike and I've got a fight with Chiaro and DK going too.

Posted by Strike

UNCLE YARIS UNCLE YARIS!!! Fight ME. And this time, YOU choose the arena. Twice now I've tried to use that quite funny summer-one and not received a response... lol.