Sim Battle General Discussion

Posted by Crono

All righty, going to try something new here. This thread is going to be for general Sim Battle discussion, ie questions about rules, proposed additions and/or subtractions to the rules, and for making requests for challenges, etc. I want to try and get more active here, so this is for anyone to look into and ask or discuss the art of Sim Battle. Basically, it's a chat thread for the Sim Battle forum to keep OOC content out of the battles and keep it clean. Siggies are all right in this thread since it's not going to be a battle thread, but if you have a ginormous sig then try to keep it out or tone it down before posting here.

Any questions, comments?

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I want to know why this forum is suddenly active again. Am I missing something here?

Posted by Crono

Because some of the older members are here hanging out and breathing a little something into it, and because we still have a few new folks that have been dipping into the forum occasionally to give it a shot.

I suggest we boost activity 150% and recruit old members. Hell, with the way it looks now maybe we could get this forum back like it was when I first got here. Not with the same people mind you, but the same...feeling? Something like that.

In any case, how busy you feeling lately Crono? We still have matters to settle ;[

Posted by S

Tisk tisk, Sean. Shoulda been in the fray earliar.

Posted by Crono

How busy am I feeling? In dealing with trying to get onto the World of Warcraft test realms to try the new mage talents when they come out and trying to keep up with Crimson Battallion's Mission 02 and the Red Orchestra training, as well as the Clan Nation Festival that has all but died, I've actually been rather busy lately.

I did manage to find some time to get a post into Strike's open RP though, I think I'll be able to manage.

As for the old feeling that the board used to have, we'll never see that again, trust me. We've lost people that gave the place flavor, even if it was in a bad way sometimes, we don't have Chrono or the old crew that were still fresh themselves when I first got here, and we don't have people like Speedfreak, Hasta Flammeus, Wings, G-Sides, etc posting here any more.

If you can get ahold of some more people, by all means do so, but try to get people that aren't going to come for a week and flop, because we need real activity, not just a slight boost for a few weeks and then a drop back to nothingness.

Posted by S

Christ Crono, you've fallen victim to MMO's too, huh?

Good deal. You're in Cali? Stationed ?

Posted by Crono

Puhleeze, I've been playing it for over a year now.

I've also played FF XI and Rising Force Online as well, and a few other ones that people have asked me to try.

Oh, and Guild Wars too. Guild Wars and RF Online play almost identical though, but Guild Wars is free while RF Online is not, but either way World of Warcraft is where I spend most of my time online these days, with the lull in activity on almost all the forums I used to frequent. I've got a 60 mage and 43 rogue on my main server these days, and I have a few other characters scattered about on other servers to play with my friends Emery and David here and there.

EDIT: Yes, stationed out here on Camp Pen now, makes it hard to find a decent guild on my WoW server because I started playing while I was stationed in Georgia, now I'm at my permanent duty station and 3 hours behind the server time.

BTW, keep that kinda stuff in general discussion, that's why I made it. ;)

Posted by S

You mean the thread we're in now? o.O Unless you moved the posts and I didn't notice lol. And don't Puhleeze me, FFXI for three years running now. ^_-

Posted by Crono

Nah, I moved the posts, and edited it into another of your posts up there because the timestamp made it appear as though you double posted.

And I never really got into FFXI, just didn't really like it all that much. I'm just waiting for some new game to come along that will grab my attention for a good amount of time, WoW is starting to bore me.

Either way, seen any decent sim forums lately? Everywhere I've gone in the past is either inactive or doesn't even exist any more. =\

Trying to find a place where we can recruit some more people. I'm working with someone right now, she's a great writer but she doesn't understand the Unortho style at all so it's rough going so far. She doesn't understand the concept of being able to take some of the damage we do, I think she's under the impression that her character has to be just a simple human, capable only of taking what a human can, so she gave up in the practice fight with me after two attacks, I'm supposed to be starting another one with her soon.

You still have the link to the Sim Battle Academy board I made a ways back? You can watch there if you want, it's Arianrhod that I'm working with, I think you met her a while back.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Present.

Posted by Crono

Good to see, we know Strike is roaming about also, and I saw X-Halo too. I even think I saw Flionk floating around as well somewhere (?).

Now, someone find DK and a couple other guys and we'd have some fun for sure, still gotta find some new recruits though. This won't last forever with just us from the old crew hanging about.

Oh, and has anyone seen Ace lately? I know he pops in from time to time, but I haven't seen him any time recently that I can think of.

And Luna, any word on Malichi? Haven't seen him about, and I do believe I left him hanging a ways back when I moved from Florida to Cali. =\

Anyhow, scout about for other forums, I'm going to see if we can get anyone from the one I frequent now. It's full of people that RP, but it's all Ortho RPing so I'll see what I can do. I know one for sure who, from what I've been told, is almost strictly Unortho like we are, just a matter of getting her on AIM one day.

Posted by S

I can always contact him, I know him IRL. Go to college with him even. I can get ahold of DarkOblivion/EisenFaust too. Ace... I need to finish my fight with Ace. I just lack good inspiration after that long period of time. If you're reading this Ace, sorry. I'll post when it comes, I don't think giving you crap is worth it.

If you need to find s'more people, might as well hit up RPGPalace. I'm pretty sure the people there are sick of the constantly changing mods.

Also, http://board.acmlm.org/ I know has an active battling population. I used to go there, but I long since forgot my S/N and password.

Posted by Kell

hey guys I'm back, again I had account troubles so now I'm back as kell, crono ready to go when you are.

Posted by Crono

RPGP is all Ortho fighting also, Fury, you should know that. And I've been to that other board before too, I didn't see much there last time I was there. I started something up there and found it to be Ortho also.

And Kell, saying I'm back with a new username doesn't tell us who you are. -_-'

EDIT: Also, I do believe I owe you a battle Aida, if you still wish to have one. Just lemme know and I should be able to get something up.

Posted by S

It's Malichi.

Quoting Crono: RPGP is all Ortho fighting also, Fury, you should know that. And I've been to that other board before too, I didn't see much there last time I was there. I started something up there and found it to be Ortho also.

And Kell, saying I'm back with a new username doesn't tell us who you are. -_-'

EDIT: Also, I do believe I owe you a battle Aida, if you still wish to have one. Just lemme know and I should be able to get something up.

I know they're ortho, who says we can't convert them?

On another topic, I just wanted to point some of you vet Unorthodox battlers to jeer at this site: http://forums.adventchildren.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Their idea of battling and roleplay is so unbelievably strict that it takes away the creativity of even battling. You have to describe every part of your character down to the time they tripped and hurt their knee as a child, how many fibers of hair they have, and describe every single one of your attacks in full detail. And those are just the profiles.

Posted by Crono

That forum looks a bit ridiculous. Sure, that stuff is nice and all but required, it's somewhat stupid.

Some people like to keep it simple and let people judge by actions and not appearance.

Posted by Kell

hey Crono sorry about not declaring myself more clearly (de-de-dee) if we pick up that fight again I'll be lookin' forward to it.

Posted by GameMiestro

I wish people would post on here more often. If you all make sure that you are the last poster in any thread you are interested in, then everyone will almost always have something to post.

Plus, I'm too impatient to create a roleplay of my own... :(

Posted by Crono

For those still here, hit up my "Ye old skool..." thread for some interesting action.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Might as well post this here for those who care.

I used to come here all the time back in the day. Then, I was known as Necro.

Hopefully comming back here wont be a mistake; perhaps ill even find my passion for writing once more.

Posted by S

Sean, you tend to mold your writing off of lyrics/music? I do it aswell, just curious. Usually it inspires something in me.

I've been really rusty, as I've no battles for a long time, and someone reminded me of times back in the day when we would do something like [Artist - "Song"] during battle posts to sort of set a mood for the fight, or the point during the fight, etc. Well, recently I've been listening to music a lot more while trying to come up with ideas for posts, and it works very well, especially with my new character.

So, that rant is basically an elongated yes.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Forgotten Soul: Might as well post this here for those who care.

I used to come here all the time back in the day. Then, I was known as Necro.

Hopefully comming back here wont be a mistake; perhaps ill even find my passion for writing once more.

It's been a long while, glad to see a return. Most of the talent left in this place is just some of the older members gathering now and then, and then there are the rare occurences of new battlers popping in...

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Hmm, Ive been looking into some threads just on the first page, and I was quick to realize this place is dead...

Well, we'll have to remedy that, now wont we?

I remember way back when, if you wernt fast enough, your thread was on page 2 in no time. Thats been a good while ago; I say we make it like that once again....well, perhaps not as it once was, for that was the peak, but at least improve on what it is now.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Forgotten Soul: I remember way back when, if you wernt fast enough, your thread was on page 2 in no time. Thats been a good while ago; I say we make it like that once again....well, perhaps not as it once was, for that was the peak, but at least improve on what it is now.

This board will never be as great as it was years ago. That whole period was the golden age for this-- long gone and widely forgotten.

I feel so terribly old sometimes. I remember when most of you were starting out...

Posted by S

I wish I could have been there, honestly. It's a shame I came during the burial of that period.

Posted by Crono

Yeah, Nido was around when I was starting. I came into Sim at it's peak here, when people like myself, Echo, Luna, and some others were still brand new to the game. We were really the last group to ever pick up on it, sadly. =\

G-Sides, Soul Calibur, Speedfreak, Hasta Flammeus, and a few other noteworthy people from our little generation are all long gone now. Some people still show promise, like Pat_O. I enjoyed my battle with him, even though it was never completed, and Malichi seems pretty beastly himself.

There's hope for the future, but it will never be like it was.

Posted by Delve

Well stop being emo about how good it was back in the days and do something now to make this section better.

I'm just being mean because I don't know what you guys are talking about. :P

Posted by S

The Nostalgia may get them ready for what's coming... I'm sure it'll wear off some of the rust they 'claim' to have. ^_-

Posted by GameMiestro

Maybe you should focus on creating a few battles and making them count... I haven't seen one completed battle in this entire board, and most of the posts in them seem to be nothing but spam.

Posted by Delve

Yeah, this section still has some 'people from back in the day'..why not just fight each other? XD Maybe it will encourage newcomers like me to meet a certain 'unwritten standard' the long time members have set for themselves. That way I can understand how things should run around here, instead of discussing how everything was set up in the past.

In fact, it seems Echo and Crono are way ahead of my idea. xD

Posted by S

Now you've got me wanting to write... ><

Posted by Delve

:O

Really now?

Show me what you got. ;)

Posted by S

I'd accept but I've got a fight with Ace... sorry. It'll take everything I've got to come up with a reply. Maybe after.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Delve: Well stop being emo about how good it was back in the days and do something now to make this section better.

I'm involved in about four or five different battles as of right now and am active in just about all of them, save my thread with Haley because he hasn't responded. There isn't much else to do, sadly. Our lack of population highly limits our capabilities.

Posted by Delve

+1 UP

Maybe start recruiting more people.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I most certainly would if only I knew of suitable places in which to do so, but I do not.

Posted by Delve

Hmm..

So does everyone who is still here rp unorthodox?

Posted by S

A few of us go both ways. I don't but that's a personal thing. -shrug-

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Delve: Hmm..

So does everyone who is still here rp unorthodox?

I've been doing it the same way since I started about seven years ago. I wasn't even aware there were different styles of rping until two or so years ago, and by then I was so deeply developed in my style that I simply wasn't up to making any sort of change. I can definitely do it, don't get me wrong, and I have before, but I feel my personal best writing material comes out the way I've been writing all along (unorthodox).

Posted by Delve

[COLOR="Silver"]I'm originally an orthodox player, and I can do hybrid too--but that's because I rp with people who are unortho, so we're forced to take that option of an inbetween. The Royal battle against Crono's team and Sean's team will be the first time I'll be using unorthodox--which is the opposite of what I have been doing for the past...7 years..o.o I'm sure I'll pick up fast, based on Crono's explaination of unorthodox it seems it different here compared to the so called 'g-o-d-modding' other roleplayers tend to do and spliting atoms.

Woah..you can't say ***? Wicked.[/COLOR]

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Delve: [COLOR="Silver"]The Royal battle against Crono's team and Sean's team will be the first time I'll be using unorthodox--which is the opposite of what I have been doing for the past...7 years.[/COLOR]

Looks like both you and I started off writing at a fairly early age. I am certainly looking forward to reading your material once this thing gets started.

Posted by Delve

Quoting Chiaroscuro: Looks like both you and I started off writing at a fairly early age. I am certainly looking forward to reading your material once this thing gets started.

[COLOR="Silver"]Likewise.[/COLOR]

Posted by El Cascade

I just hope I have enough time to post...as long as people aren't all strict about posting within a certain time period, I ought to be alright.

Muahahaha...hope this is worth it.

Posted by S

Sex on the brain, Sean?

Quoting Lunairetic: Sex on the brain, Sean?

No, too much Family Guy.

Posted by Delve

Quoting Lunairetic: Sex on the brain, Sean?

Sounds painful.

Posted by S

Think a sinus headache... but two times worse.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Lunairetic: Think a sinus headache... but way better.

Fixed.

Posted by S

Hey Ace, I'll be finishing that post as soon as I can. I just got a job and it's been hard on me. 9 1/2 hour days, I'm just not used to it yet. When I can get some time to myself, I'll finish it up. I promise it won't take too long.

Posted by PaintItBlack

No prob luna. I dunno if I want you to finish before I get a little practice in with this battle royal. The only writing Ive been doing is for my ap english class which are pretty much formal essays. sooo i want to get back into the creative writing spectrum.

Posted by Crono

All righty, we're kicking off the Battle Royal folks. Entrances, please.

Ace, you're thrown in with us Team Thunder rumblers.

Posted by S

I can postpone my actual edit to fill it in, until after if you please. I don't need to finish it now, in fact I'd welcome the change because I'm semi-stuck on the move. Trying to figure out what order I should use.

Posted by S

I am dying to post an attack here with Sar... hah. Making a new character is great as long as you've got the inspiration to go with it. Let's get things movin'!

Posted by El Cascade

I posted my character's profile in the profile thread. There are some things I added for the sake of posting in this place. People that are fighting against me in the Battle Royale should maybe look it over. Or not. I mean, I can't exactly force ya.

Anyways, I think I made it pretty clear that unorthodox is a method that I reserve for people that I know/trust. People that know me, and know my character well enough to do his reactions justice. To be honest, I'm really not sure if this will work for me...buuuut I reckon I should at least give it a shot. Who knows...maybe it'll turn out to be a great experience. And if it doesn't...I'll just blame Wingates. LOL.

Also, in the event that some/all of you find my views/ways to be somehow "offensive" (or you just don't agree with them), I'd appreciate it if ya'll kept it civil. I'm willing to make compromises. Though, really...all I'm askin' for is that potential opponents merely take into account the capabilities and mannerisms of my character in order to represent him at least semi-accurately. You can be certain that I intend to do the same.

Posted by S

If someone does something wrong, just go to 'em about it. We're all civil here.

P.S. I like the reference to Xenogears.

Posted by Delve

[COLOR="Silver"]Don't worry Aaron. These people aren't }{G...XD

In other news, I don't think I'm getting my rep back. :([/COLOR]

Posted by El Cascade

My character doesn't merely reference to Xenogears. More like...he's a part of it. At least to me. Me an' my buds have been playing the same characters (for the most part) in the same basic storyline on and off for like the past five/six years. It's been quite interesting, to say the least...

And...what does the "rep" matter anyway? How the hell does it even work?

PS: Emery. That pic in your profile is distracting. And if it's distracting to me, it'll definitely be distracting to Crim. So YOU stay away from me on the battlefield. =/

It's funny, the only people at VGC that say they "don't care" about reputation, have rep in the thousands. Funny huh?

Basically, Cascade, the rep system lets people make comments on your post in a positive or negative way. Demanding on the amount of reputation you already have, you get to add or take away a certain amount from people. It's just internet drama in the end.

Posted by S

Rep doesn't matter. Ignore it, it's a waste of data.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Lunairetic: Rep doesn't matter. Ignore it, it's a waste of data.

Don't listen to him. He's just jealous.

Posted by Delve

Quoting El Cascade: PS: Emery. That pic in your profile is distracting. And if it's distracting to me, it'll definitely be distracting to Crim. So YOU stay away from me on the battlefield. =/

:eat:

Sure thing, it won't limit me from kicking someone's *** in your team.

Quoted post:
Quoting Lunairetic: Rep doesn't matter. Ignore it, it's a waste of data.

Quoting Echo: Don't listen to him. He's just jealous.

Make up your minds.

Posted by S

Echo's absorbed with himself since he actually posts outside the sim forum. .-. He thinks rep matters. Let's lynch him.

Posted by Delve

[Insert Inuendo here.]

Lynch..:3

Posted by S

I dun get it. .-.

Posted by Delve

[COLOR="Silver"]Must refrain from spamming there.

In other news, I finally set up an [url=http://www.animeleague.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165095]rp system[/url] for clans..yay. Sadly, one of the roleplayers decided to get one of the rules changed..pssh, it will never happen. x3

I hope the Battle Royal gets going by the time I come back, going to the [url=http://www.anime-expo.com]Anime-Expo[/url], and Crono is going too. :3[/COLOR]

Was it Dias? I bet it was Dias.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Delve: [COLOR="Silver"]going to the [url=http://www.anime-expo.com]Anime-Expo[/url], and Crono is going too. :3[/COLOR]

Yeah, looks to be fun.

Now, on the other hand here.

Fury, get your people to start posting. Seriously, make them post. Like...now.

Otherwise we're dropping whoever hasn't entered and splitting into different groups. I know Cascade is waiting, but where are the rest? Get them to show their sad little faces in here and let's get something happening.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Sean, I see you had a name change, just wondering where I can get that done at?

Posted by Forgotten Soul

WTF Crono?

Dude, seriously, I udnerstand that Sean told you everyone knew our rules and our style here, but there was no need to bite his head off because someone he brought in screwed up.

IMO This thing got blown way out of proportion. Hitsu made a bad decission in the post he made, that was his fault (which could have been an easy fix had he shown up to change his post...even though it was still a bonehead move on his part)...and then just because it was Sean who asked him to come (I think), Sean gets disrespected by our members.

So I wanna use this post to formally apologize to Sean for some of the events that have recently taken place. He is no more at fault for any of this than Me, Lunairetic, or you Crono....and I rarely apologize, which shows who's side I'll be taking if this 'little feud' keeps on going because of one persons idiotic post.

Posted by Delve

[COLOR="Silver"]Good luck with that.[/COLOR]

Posted by S

I fell asleep and couldn't write the post tonight Chiaro/Necro. I'll post tomorrow, guranteed. Sorry about the wait.

P.S: Hey Delve. Open Challenge? Hint hint.

Posted by S

Well this forum went and died pretty quick, now didn't it? Ya'll wishy-washy bastards. -_-

Posted by PaintItBlack

i apologize, at least for our battle. im not really in a preferable state of mind to attempt to write a decent battle post right now and ive basically been trying to find myself and fix that all month. going to chicago for five days on thursday, dunno if thatll help but ill definately try to get something posted.

Posted by S

Take your time Ace.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'm doing rounds tonight for sure, as I've nothing else to do and have been badly delayed by a hectic schedule for the past days.

I'm moving in less than thirty days and have been amidst chaos with preparations, packing, etc. etc.

Very sorry about such a wait.

As for the rest of the forum...well, I think it's a lost cause, unfortunately. What we had going was more of a spark of life rather than life itself, and it turns out that spark didn't last long at all.

Quoting Chiaroscuro: I'm doing rounds tonight for sure, as I've nothing else to do and have been badly delayed by a hectic schedule for the past days.

I'm moving in less than thirty days and have been amidst chaos with preparations, packing, etc. etc.

Very sorry about such a wait.

As for the rest of the forum...well, I think it's a lost cause, unfortunately. What we had going was more of a spark of life rather than life itself, and it turns out that spark didn't last long at all.

Let's turn that spark into an inferno instead.

Posted by Echo

Well, I got excited with the BR, but it died. I had decided since I hadn't battled in so long I would only do two at a time, that one and my battle with Crono. And he hasn't replied in a long time (with good reason, I've talked to him). I'll probably start another battle soon since I just quit my job and have 2-3 weeks before I go to school. Look for an open challenge within the next day or so.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

This board is dead, and it'll probably stay that way...I do not see this being anything close to what it was 3 or 4 years ago. But hey, time moves on, stuff happens, I'll still stick around to do my bouts though.

Posted by DeeKay

You wanna know how sim SHOULD be played...check out my thread with Strike. That's how it's done...a little trust, a little courtesy, and a lotta *** whuppin! LoL

Posted by Pat_O

Haha! it's been a while... None of you probably remember me at all... I'd be surprised if anyone did...Anyway, thought I'd say hi and get back into this since I'm looking into becoming a concept writer/artist for either videogames or CG movies. I must say it's nice to see you all again.

Posted by S

Quoting Pat_O: Haha! it's been a while... None of you probably remember me at all... I'd be surprised if anyone did...Anyway, thought I'd say hi and get back into this since I'm looking into becoming a concept writer/artist for either videogames or CG movies. I must say it's nice to see you all again.

Oi. Yeah, I remember you Pat. How are you? We're going into similar fields it seems, though I'm more of a novelist myself. Let me know if you need anything via PM. Not sure I can handle a battle right now to be honest, I've got a new job and have a large learning curve to deal with.

Posted by Pat_O

Quoting Lunairetic: Oi. Yeah, I remember you Pat. How are you? We're going into similar fields it seems, though I'm more of a novelist myself. Let me know if you need anything via PM. Not sure I can handle a battle right now to be honest, I've got a new job and have a large learning curve to deal with.

Meh... I'm not that in a hurry anyway, I feel a little rusty right now. Besides I'm just showing a high interest in the field right now since I used to believe that becoming a game or movie developer meant you needed to know how to compile those complex formulas and data to create programs on computers (not one of my strong points...). I found that I can just draw and write stories for game or movie ideas and still make tons of money. As for me, I just finished all my HS sports. Got 4th in state in wrestling.

Posted by Crono

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=2011

Still waiting on you Pat.

Posted by Pat_O

Hehe... Sorry, I'll get on it right away... (scratches head)

Posted by Crono

Profiles thread has been cleaned up some.

Deleted profiles for people under two categories:

a) Banned
or
b) Have not logged into VGC in over 6 months

Posted by Red

just re-joined this Sim battle buisness and I got a question...err two

is my signature too big for battles?

and is my profle big enough?

Posted by S

Quoting Red: just re-joined this Sim battle buisness and I got a question...err two

is my signature too big for battles?

and is my profle big enough?

It's fine. Size doesn't really matter, only the basics of the character. The rest can be defined in the fight, though can't be changed consistantly based on need. A major suggestion I have for you, however, is to stray from the basis on a video game. It hurts your character's growth. Besides that, game on.

Posted by KluE

Hey, this seems to be the place to say hello, so here it is.
I have way too much time on my hands lately, so I figured I'd come back here now, after not really doing any sim battle or anything for about 5 years now...
Anyway, if anyone is interested in having a battle to work off the rust with me, I'm going to try and get back into it, and I'll post a profile soon enough, when inspiration strikes.

Let me know if I've sparked any interest ;-)

Posted by S

Hey there. What was your old user name? I wasn't around back then so I probably didn't know you but the others here might.

Posted by KluE

I think I remember you...I dont really remember my user name, but I remember coming here with Mike...I think he was Major Mike here? Or maybe Divine Dragon? Anyway, some of the names are familiar, like Ace and Nido, and I believe I had my first battle with Emperor Freiza...although he was using a different user name and no one knew it was him until after I got my *** kicked, haha.

Posted by Crono

Frieza left ages ago, Nido is now Chiaro, Ace is PaintItBlack but he doesn't come around much. Mike is indeed Divine Dragon, who played the character Ditto. He also hasn't been around for quite a while. Strike occasionally comes around, and Necro was back for a few weeks, but other than that the main crew that used to roll here is long gone.

You should remember me if you know Luna.

Posted by KluE

yea, I picked up on everyone's new names, and I think I remember you...may have even done a battle or two with you or someone with a similar name...Anyway, things look a little dead around here...too bad, I was kinda looking forward to writing again

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Necro is always looking to get involved in some new writing material, but he's a very busy person and struggles to find even small amounts of free time to do so.

I still talk to Frieza now and then, but he's been away from the creative writing scene for a good while at this point.

Posted by KluE

As have I, and I usually am very busy as well, but my grades were definitely screwed up, so I'm skipping summer classes for the moment, and as such, I have a hell of a lot of extra time on my hands until I can pull down another job. So, I figured I'd give things a shot here and see if I couldn't stir up something creative in my head, but it looks like that not be possible...

Too bad. I'll be checking back here in case things pick up again all of a sudden...

Posted by Crono

If you've got a character name I could see if I remember battling you, but most likely you battled Chrono, my "twin" and the original of the two. He left quite a while ago, I haven't talked to him in ages but I see him on AIM every now and then.

5 years ago I was still fresh out of the talent pool with no idea what was going on, along with folks like Luna and Echo, even G-Sides, at the time going by Gotenks. =P

Posted by KluE

Yea, I think I probably battled Chrono, not you, but who can remember for sure?
As for a character name...I bounced around with handles and characters so often, I have no idea, and I dont think I stayed at any one of them to make much of an impression on anyone who I didnt go out of my way to actually meet and was walking me through it...

Posted by Crono

All righty folks, for those who don't know yet I'll be leaving for Iraq this week. Never fear however, there is internet access out there and considering that I won't have WoW to enthrall my mind and senses for the 6 to 7 months I'll be there, get ready to see some more of me around here, maybe even a completed battle or two while I'm gone.

It'll be a few weeks before you see me most likely, then I'll be on heavy and in full swing, ready to kick it up a notch. I need to get some serious writing done I think.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Crono: All righty folks, for those who don't know yet I'll be leaving for Iraq this week. Never fear however, there is internet access out there and considering that I won't have WoW to enthrall my mind and senses for the 6 to 7 months I'll be there, get ready to see some more of me around here, maybe even a completed battle or two while I'm gone.

It'll be a few weeks before you see me most likely, then I'll be on heavy and in full swing, ready to kick it up a notch. I need to get some serious writing done I think.

Haha, I love how you're going to Iraq but you're still planning on making time for simming. Anyway, good luck out there. Manaball some terrorists for me. :p:

Posted by Crono

In Iraq I'll have more spare time than I do here, actually. 12 hours on, 12 hours off, and we have wireless internet in the cans where we live, at least where I'm going, so after a couple more paychecks I'll get myself a laptop and start connecting to the wireless out there, which will give me a lot of time to Sim.

Posted by Wind_Disciple

Yep, my character is pretty much wiped. I don't even remember my
character name. Anyway, I guess I'll make a profile or two at some
point. I've notice that most of the threads here are dead battle threads.
If I remember correctly we had some adventure type threads before... um right?

Posted by S

I'm waiting DK, Strike. I've got an itchin' to write, let's play some more.

Posted by Aeonanima

Hey Crono, just had a quick question. I was wondering if you ever deleted any bios from the profiles thread. I cant seem to find mine in there. I know it was almost 4 years ago, but i was hoping to jump back into the swing of things. BTW just incase. His name was Vincent Endar "Bloodspawn"

Posted by S

VGC was completely wiped a long while back, it was probably lost around then. Best bet is to recreate the profile from what you remember; sorry. I mod the Sim board too, so feel free to pass any questions on to me as well. I was recently turned to an S-mod, so my name was removed from specific boards but I still pay particular attention to the sim board.

Posted by Aeonanima

Well despite the inactivity from this board, im still going to create a new profile. Hopefully you play.. And i assume theres atleast two more who also play.

Posted by Elle Lawliet

Wow, did I pick a bad day to come here or what?

Is this place alive or should I just run?

Posted by S

You just picked a bad day is all. Admin's April Fools day joke.

Posted by Elle Lawliet

I was surprised I could even navigate the pages, I just gave up after a few minutes.

Posted by S

Yeah, it gets that way. So are you new or is this just a new alias?

Posted by Elle Lawliet

I'm fairly sure I'm new here, but eh, who knows anymore right?

I was on a some weird message board (not vB or IF) awhile back that had Sim Battling in it, it didn't have my activity so I never got much done there, but I figure it's the same thing here, yeah?

Posted by S

I'm pretty much the only consistent around here, been that way for a few years. But I love it when it gets vibrant around here. It's always fun to have a go-around with someone new though, care to take up a round or two with me?

Posted by Crono

I'm always in the shadows. You just never know when I'll strike.

Posted by Elle Lawliet

Sure, Sol, just uh...I might not be ready till Tuesday. I have about five art take-home tests I was supposed to have been doing the past...five months. So I'll be occupied tomorrow.

EDIT/DELETEDBUMP: I'm having some real trouble coming up with an idea for an original character. I can't seem to find a good line between super powerful and really weak, any ideas?

Posted by S

One of my characters is a God, and the other one is the antithesis to God, if that's of any indication on power. Usually, it's pretty easy to just make an incredibly powerful character, and then just tone them based on the battle at hand.

Posted by Elle Lawliet

Mmm, I got my character out. I was trying to force myself to continue a huge story I was writing, found my favorite race and molded a generic character out of it, then worked him into something more unique.

Hopefully he does the job.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Is there any way to breathe some life into this place? Man, I remember the good old days...[/COLOR][/FONT]