2D or not 2D!!

Posted by buddha

Ma wants to know how many of you out there want things to go back to the way they used to be in the 2D era of gaming. she misses when me and my family used to play the old mario games on the super nintendo. whats your opinion?

Posted by Speedfreak

No one. 2D games still exist, might aswell have both. This thread fails.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not only does it fail for asking faulty question, but also for involving his mom.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It would be nice to see some more 2D games on the consoles (that's aren't fighters), but I'm fine with them sticking to the portables for now.

Posted by GameMiestro

Once again, I'd rather have both.

Posted by Fate

If I miss them, I go back to old 2D games. However, I wouldn't mind Paper Mario/Superstar Saga-esque stuff.

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, I mean I just play a portable game, or pull out my old Atari or Nintendo.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: It would be nice to see some more 2D games on the consoles (that's aren't fighters), but I'm fine with them sticking to the portables for now.

Hehe, Megaman games exist for a reason... Until they became EXTREMELY mediocre.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Well let's look at the completely unskewd and unbiased facts

Metroid Zero and Fuzion owned the hell out of Prime, and prime 2

:)

Quoted post: Well let's look at the completely unskewd and unbiased facts

So we're looking at the completely skewed and biased facts, then?

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting Vampiro: So we're looking at the completely skewed and biased facts, then?

Abso-Fucting-lutely :)

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting PWND_U_IN_MK: Well let's look at the completely unskewd and unbiased facts

:)

I can't help but hate the excessive amount of underscores in your name. :(

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting NightmareBassX: I can't help but hate the excessive amount of underscores in your name. :(

As soon as we're allowed spaces, they are gone, on the plus side I can type my username while holding the shift key through-out.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting PWND_U_IN_MK: As soon as we're allowed spaces, they are gone, on the plus side I can type my username while holding the shift key through-out.

So can I NIGHTMAREBASSX!

pwnt.

;)

Posted by Linko_16

I'd really like to see a lot of both, but there should really be more good 2D games.

Quoted post: As soon as we're allowed spaces, they are gone, on the plus side I can type my username while holding the shift key through-out.

huh, I once had a user name that used spaces. Guess that's been changed.

Posted by Pit

VIEWTIFUL JOE HENSHIN A GO GO BABY
IKARUGA LOL
MEGAMAN GAMES

GET A DS LOL

Quoted post: VIEWTIFUL JOE HENSHIN A GO GO BABY
IKARUGA LOL
MEGAMAN GAMES

six to ten games out of hundreds and hundreds :(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Pit: VIEWTIFUL JOE HENSHIN A GO GO BABY
MEGAMAN GAMES

Both by Capcom, which has a tendency to lack creativity and wear out their titles. They used to make great ones, and indeed, Viewtiful Joe was great when it came out at first, but now...

Quoted post: Both by Capcom, which has a tendency to lack creativity and wear out their titles. They used to make great ones, and indeed, Viewtiful Joe was great when it came out at first, but now...

But now they seem to realise they milk their franchises for all they're worth. Hence, the re-invention of the Resident Evil games and new IPs like Lost Planet that have a lot of potential.

Oh, and don't forget Okami. If you're considering VJ part of Capcom (rather than Clover, who's funded by Capcom, though still independent), then that just goes to show you that Capcom still has tons of creativity (even if it's being made be a separate development studio)

Posted by GameMiestro

Depends what you call 2-D. I'd consider Meteos 2-D, and the same goes for Wario Ware. If what you're looking for is a good side-scroller... well, that's what New Super Mario Bros is for.

Posted by Bebop

Is this thread title supposed to be a Shakespheare pun or something?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Bebop: Is this thread title supposed to be a Shakespheare pun or something?

That is the question.

Posted by Steve Urkel

2D is fun, but 3D is like virtual reality. I think more 2D games should be converted into 3D

Posted by Hero'sCrest

I still play Mario on my Nintendo all the time...Fail.