Twilight Realm gets a new look

Posted by Klarth

Remember how it used to be grainy black-and-white? Now it's hazy and colourful.

I prefer this.

Posted by ~vampire~

Wow, its very well made :eek:

Posted by Zeta

Indeed. That style is much better than the monochrome.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I disagree. I personally preferred the decaying black and white look, it fit the better. Plus, I really don't want to look at a blurry world for hours on end. But whatever, it still looks good.

Posted by GameMiestro

Now that Links ears and forehead can produce a massive quantity of light, they should have no trouble exploring the Twilight Realm.

[quote=Vampiro]I disagree. I personally preferred the decaying black and white look, it fit the better.

Too used to grim?

Quoted post: Too used to grim?

Yeah, pretty much. Except the Twilight Realm was supposed to be a "diseased" Hyrule, and I think black and white signifies that better than simple blur.

But I won't deny that the new Twilight Realm looks better. Though, the old one could have looked just as good with a bit of polish.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Twilight Realm enemies look quite interesting - and Wolf Link reminds me of Dexter, for some reason.

:o

Posted by maian

Well, I have mixed feelings about it. I can't deny that it looks better, but as a "Twilight realm", the dark desease of Hyrule taking over, the monochrome had a much darker gritty look.

However, I would get bored of playing in monochrome for hours, so I like this.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

It's okay people, I love nintendo too, but let's face it, they hopped on the "sheet" bus with the rest of the next gen consles.

I absolutely hate the whole fuzzy yelow light everywhere concept that has been effecting alot of games. It looks awful, admit it. I want to be able to see things ****it!!!!!

Posted by Stalolin

I defintely prefer the dark, dead, wintery look as opposed to this new ZOMG LINES Style.

Quoted post: I absolutely hate the whole fuzzy yelow light everywhere concept that has been effecting alot of games. It looks awful, admit it. I want to be able to see things ****it!!!!!

Good thing so few games use it then. Unless you're referring to bloom lighting, which, really, is used quite well in most cases.

Posted by Iris

I agree with Vamp. The grainy monochrome seemed to go well with the story. However, it'd be cool if it started grainy and you could restore it as part of the game.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, looks better with the colors. All freaky and such.

But, in a whole, I hope that majority of the game takes place while Link in his human form, and that the whole wolf form only takes place at key points.

Quoted post: But, in a whole, I hope that majority of the game takes place while Link in his human form, and that the whole wolf form only takes place at key points.

Much like the mask business in MM, hopefully. You remained Link throughout most of the game, and only changed to the three other races at certain, though few, times.

Posted by Ant

And unlike that of Metroid Prime 2.

Posted by Colonel

i like it ALOT.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting Vampiro: Good thing so few games use it then. Unless you're referring to bloom lighting, which, really, is used quite well in most cases.

One word GRAW
^Everything wrong with the graphics today.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Vampiro: I disagree. I personally preferred the decaying black and white look, it fit the better. Plus, I really don't want to look at a blurry world for hours on end. But whatever, it still looks good.

I agree with you disagreeing. Now it makes me kind of dizzy, and it looses its...twilight-y, ominous effect.

Posted by Zeta

Looks more surreal, though.

Posted by Noir

Yeah, you're right, but...it doesnt seem to capture the right effect that they're trying to portray. I would imagine it should be kind of...gothic, you know?

Quoted post: One word GRAW
^Everything wrong with the graphics today.

Go to Mexico if you ever get the chance. Then you'll find out they made it that way to reflect what it's really like there. So, if you consider being realistic the problem with video games these days, go back to the 8-bit era.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Looks like Miyamoto has been playing too much Kingdom Hearts lately.

I despise this new look for all the aforementioned reasons and mainly what Vampiro has said.

This...colorful and cheery look takes away from what the Twilight Realm was to represent and that isn't right. Hopefully Miyamoto will either change it back or leave one of the two (the GC version or the Wii version) as the original design; which was also much cooler.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Looks like Miyamoto has been playing too much Kingdom Hearts lately.

I despise this new look for all the aforementioned reasons and mainly what Vampiro has said.

This...colorful and cheery look takes away from what the Twilight Realm was to represent and that isn't right. Hopefully Miyamoto will either change it back or leave one of the two (the GC version or the Wii version) as the original design; which was also much cooler.

I agree...because that's what I just said!