School plays.

Posted by Xenos

This is random, but I had a play the other day where I had to recite a poem and act like a poet. In the last minute, I decided to become a drunkard named Charles Buchowski. I brought a Budweiser can to school and this was my first line:

"THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" And I threw the beer can into the audience - I was scared as hell because my principal is a nazi - surpsingly, she didn't get mad.

I went on an insulted the other poets then recited my poem. twas great

Posted by GameMiestro

Did you wear an empty box of beer cans on your head?

Posted by Linko_16

I've been in four school plays.

8th Grade - Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, based off of the novel written by, I believe, Mark Twain. I was Merlin, which was fun because I got to be really loud and commanding.

9th Grade - Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up? Someone once told me it was a book first, but I have no knowledge of this. Much to my dismay, I only landed a part in the chorus. Rehersals were brutal, and all the leads couldn't sing for crap. I thought I hated the play, but after keeping the soundtrack for a while (of the original production, not out crappy piece), I started to appreciate the music more and ended up loving it. You can message me with your email if you want to hear some of the tracks.

10th Grade - Cinderella, by Rogers and Hammerstien. I was "The King," which was the loud and commanding Merlin all over again. Unfortunately, I hated this play... one of the songs goes, "Ten minutes ago, I saw you; I looked up as you came through the door. My head started reeling, you gave me the feeling, I couldn't tell ceiling from floor..." basically going onto say that after ten lousy minutes, he knows he's destined to spend the rest of his life with this girl... talk about a fairy-tale premise. The finale song even goes, "Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?", along with other questions that ask if this @#$% is really love. What really annoyed me, in the end, was what a hit the play was... our dumb@#$ principal was brought to tears, apparently. I'm sorry I was even a part of it.

11th Grade - Guys and Dolls. Maybe you've seen the movie, but this was the original script, which has a lot of witty lines I think the movie left out. I was Nicely-Nicely Johnson, and I got to sing the most awesome solo in the whole show, "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat." Too bad it was a tenor part... I pulled it off somehow.

Posted by GameMiestro

The plays at the school I'm at are amazing, and we're dang proud of it, too. We did Hello Dolly this year, and the seeing the props were worth the price of admission (I was stage crew, lol).

Posted by Xenos

Quoting GameMiestro: Did you wear an empty box of beer cans on your head?

Y ... no. :(

I threw the beer can and it hit a girl on the head, though!

Posted by NES Queen

I was a rooster in 4th grade. Name of the play was "Sky Happy".

my infamous line..... "Why don't we go find out? It's a beautiful day for a walk!"

after which myself, a sheep and a duck wound up in a hot air balloon looking for a caveman named Roc while singing songs. i think whoever wrote it was strung out on something very very heavy.......

We're feeling, sky happy! Happy to be taking to the clouds, happy to be in the air!

Posted by The Judge

I played the Tin man in a production of The Wizard of Oz in 3rd grade.

But we did a version for one audience and then the night audience, in which I was one of the flying monkeys. I was an evil monkey.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Linko_16:
11th Grade - Guys and Dolls. Maybe you've seen the movie, but this was the original script, which has a lot of witty lines I think the movie left out. I was Nicely-Nicely Johnson, and I got to sing the most awesome solo in the whole show, "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat." Too bad it was a tenor part... I pulled it off somehow.

I liked it too! And i'm not just saying that! You all did wonderfully.
Your very commical irl so those part were good for you!
That song was wonderful too...I honestly don't know how to tell you anything anymore without you going: "you biased Nazi"

[quote= The Judge]I was an evil monkey.
....was...?

Posted by Slade

I was the infamously badass George Washington in second grade. All I remember is wearing these soccer socks as tights, which I thought was dumb. But it was for the parents.
I was also an angel in... first grade? Idk, but all my friends were angels too so we just chilled in our cloud the whole time.
And this last Christmas I was a donkey in a Nativity Scene play for the kids, and looked RIDICULOUS. I was the narrator, and got to talk in a nice slow, deep voice. I was going to post pics, but I haven't gotten them yet.

Posted by Stalolin

In the 3rd Grade I played this main character who's name has left me as well as the name of the book we stole the idea from. I just went around and said "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear." I was Eeyore in duck form.

Posted by sniper

I know I was in plays as a child, and I know I hated it, but I don't remember what they were. I was also forced to put on chorus performances, in which I simply lip-synched. It's all part of being a cranky old man.

Posted by maian

Oh my, I love theatre. I love theatre because of the people in it, and since our school just has a really good program. It's one of the best in our state, and it's probably all because of our teacher, who is without a doubt the coolest teacher I've ever met.

In 8th grade, I was the sultan in a really crappy Aladdin Jr. play. Gawd it was horrible, but it was amazingly fun, and I met a couple of good friends I have today.

In 9th grade this year, I was in a few. I understudied in Neil Simon's Lost in Yonkers, so uh, I wasn't really in it. I was a sniffling comical character named Addlewald in "Beauty of the Dreaming Wood" (AKA Sleeping Beauty), and I was a guard in Aida, the most amazing play our school has ever done. Most people said it outdid all the downtown shows here.

Actually, a theatre in downtown did Aida right before us, and we were told by almost everyone ours was way better. It was quite an experience.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting maian: Actually, a theatre in downtown did Aida right before us

Yeesh, a nearby high school in the same district as ours seems to always do the same play we do. It's not like there are higher-ups in the district making us do the same one, but I don't know who's stealing from who, or whether it's just a reoccuring turn of fate. Anyway, we're usually told that we did a better job.

Posted by Klarth

I was an old man in a school play two or three years back. I beat people with my cane.

As for things which actually had to do with the part, I just wore a stupid hat and mumbled.

Nothing special.