Ubisoft were given two weeks to port Red Steel to Wii

Posted by Klarth

...From Gamecube. Everything prior had been done with GCN devkits.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=2658

I think we'll be seeing a major graphical overhaul.

Posted by GameMiestro

"It's just a port, right? It couldn't be that hard to move it to another system... lets give them two weeks!"

Posted by Dexter

Wait, so the graphics that we saw were Game Cube graphics? I don't think so. It looked too good and advanced to be Game Cube graphics. They looked to be graphically finished to me, too.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Wait, so the graphics that we saw were Game Cube graphics? I don't think so. It looked too good and advanced to be Game Cube graphics. They looked to be graphically finished to me, too.

It didn't look good.

Posted by Klarth

It didn't look awful, either. Framerate was pretty damned impressive, and facial animation was on par with Half-Life 2.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

2 weeks, hmm? You'd almost think Yamauchi was still running things, God rest his career.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Klarth: Framerate was pretty damned impressive, and facial animation was on par with Half-Life 2.

Exactly. It seemed too advanced to be a title for the Game Cube. The movement and enemy responses were notable.

So do you think we

Quoted post: It didn't look awful, either. Framerate was pretty ****ed impressive, and facial animation was on par with Half-Life 2.

And the arms, guns, explostions, water, et cetera all looked bad.

Posted by Speedfreak

Let's get one thing straight. The trailer was WAY above anything Cube is capable of, but it's not in-game footage. It's a target render.

How the game played and looked at E3 was awful, but still more capable than Cube purely because of things like physics and reflections. Until recently the devkits have been overclocked Gamecubes.

Quoted post: Either it's just me, or the graphics looked extremely simple. Almost like Killer 7.

lol what? It looks nothing like Killer 7.

Posted by TendoAddict

It wasnt the graphics it was the GAME.

I hope we see a total game play tune up. I was excited about this game but from what I heard, not so much.

Posted by Pit

ONE IS ****ING CEL SHADED

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Red Steel was developed and running on PCs emulating GameCubes with a bit of a tweak, not for actual GameCube hardware. Only at E3 was it running on GameCube. It's already got the stuff in place to shift it onto the Wii.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]Red Steel was developed and running on PCs emulating GameCubes with a bit of a tweak, not for actual GameCube hardware. Only at E3 was it running on GameCube. It's already got the stuff in place to shift it onto the Wii.

So, it was made on a PC emulating a GameCube emulating a Wii? Great to know what an honest company Ubisoft is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=GameMiestro]So, it was made on a PC emulating a GameCube emulating a Wii? Great to know what an honest company Ubisoft is.

No, idiot. There's 2 versions. All the Wii graphics are running on PC. All the Wii gameplay is running on a Gamecube devkit with a Wii controller. The pictures and video came from the PC version, the gameplay came from the GC version. Two weeks before E3 they put what was running on the Gamecube onto their new Wii devkits, but they have yet to get everything onto it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Actually, no. Two weeks before E3 they put what they had working with the Wii controller, on PC, onto the Cube machines we saw at E3. Two weeks is actually quite generous for that sort of thing.