Wi-fi and games

Posted by jeorge

has anyone used wi-fi?,have you used it in wi-fi hotspots? what is your fave game that you used on it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yes, yes, and metroid.

Posted by The Legend of Me

I havnt used WIFI but i want it so bad.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah i have, but not in a hotspot yet. Mario Kart and Metroid are good. So is animal crossing. Metroid provides the best online experience.

Posted by The Legend of Me

aint MC Donalds a hot spot?

Posted by GameMiestro

If you already have a DS, use wi-fi. Metroid and Tony Hawk are both very good on it, even if it is bare-bones multiplayer. Wi-fi alone doesn't warrant the purchase of a DS just yet, but it should eventually...

Quoted post: aint MC Donalds a hot spot?

Yeah. But it would be easier and cheaper in the long run (I'm sure) to buy a wireless router.

Posted by Drewboy64

cheaper? You could just go in and play for free. Although I guess they would kickc you out for not ordering or osmething.

Quoted post: cheaper? You could just go in and play for free. Although I guess they would kickc you out for not ordering or osmething.

A wireless router is about twenty bucks. Compare that to the cost of gas it takes to drive to McDonalds, the food you have to buy to use their wi-fi service, and the extra effort it takes to even get a game going... it's not even close to worth it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You don't need to buy any food, at all. You're using one of their services, you have a right to be there. I used to walk the 10mins down the road to get WiFi games going, because my network wouldn't support the DS.

Quoted post: You don't need to buy any food, at all.

Eh, my friend was asked to buy something or leave. Which is pretty fair...

No, it isn't fair. You're using a service that they're providing, therefore you have the right to use their premises.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Quoting Vampiro: A wireless router is about twenty bucks. Compare that to the cost of gas it takes to drive to McDonalds, the food you have to buy to use their wi-fi service, and the extra effort it takes to even get a game going... it's not even close to worth it.

wait wait, it might be 20 bucks where you live but in the United States its about 50- 90 bucks!

Quoted post: No, it isn't fair. You're using a service that they're providing, therefore you have the right to use their premises.

I understand that, but that's not the way it seems to work. And I don't blame them for it.

Quoted post: wait wait, it might be 20 bucks where you live but in the United States its about 50- 90 bucks!

If anything, it would be more expensive where I live. I suggest you shop around a bit and not look at the "high-end models"

Quoting Vampiro: I understand that, but that's not the way it seems to work. And I don't blame them for it.

Except that they're completely wrong for kicking people out when they're using their services. Nowehere does it say that you ca only use it with purchase. However, there is probably something somewhere that says 'customers may be ejected at the management's discretion' which covers it.

It's their own loss, anyway.

I've found that the best way to get online with a handheld is Datel's WiFi Max. It's insanely easy to set up, and works with every WiFi-enabled thing you care to throw at it.