24 the game, review!!!

Posted by EvilDAWG

EvilDAWG barkin' loud and completely rabid!!! How are all you gamers doin'?
It took me a few minutes to get logged in as I forgot my U.N. and P.W.!!! Dooooh!!!!! I'm currently playing AREA 51, I know it's been out for a while but I haven't got the chance to play it; other than a demo version; it's seems to be a bit tricky, but I love the voiceovers done by David Dachovney, Powers Boothe, and Marilyn Manson!!!

So I just finished playing the game 24; you know the show with Keifer Sutherland!!! Great show and Keifer is a great actor, but it's too bad the game can't say the same!!! It's not the worst game I've ever played but it's a far cry (no pun intended on the game far cry as I've never played it!) from being the best!!! It does feature the voiceovers of most of the characters from the show including Keifer himself!!! That's cool!!! Also it's storyline takes place between seasons 4 and 5 and at least one of the shows writers is involved in creating the storyline for the game!!! That's cool!!! I liked being CTU Agent, Jack Bauer (Keifers' character) and going around shooting people, but that's not all you do!!! Actually you play other characters part of the time during different missions!!! There are also different types of missions, car chases, sneaking, puzzle solving, and some of the missions are timed!!! Also sometimes you have help or you are leading someone to safety and other times you are solo!!! Sounds like a good mix for a game, right, well not exactly!!! There are some serious issues that make this game less than what it could have been!!! Such as, aiming, sometimes when you are taking cover and trying to aim at a target your character will start to aim and then when you hit the fire button (R1) your character will swing the his arms like he is trying to beat up his target from far away!!! Not cool!!! Also I've never liked it much when the character movement controls are inverted; meaning when you want your character to move right you have to move the analog stick to the left!!! Not cool!!! Another problem I have with the game is the puzzles and overall game becomes very repetitive!!! The car chases are just not very realistic, your car doesn't crash, if it tips over it will bounce back up so you can keep driving!!! The damage is barely noticable except for some smoke and maybe a car door hanging open; although if your vehicle takes enough damage it will catch fire and explode; but if you're quick enough you can exit the vehicle, but as you are usually being chased by someone, cops, bad guys, etc..., this isn't always a good thing!!! Well with clunky controls, repetitvness, and graphics that are not exactly state of the art, I'd have to give this game a 2 out of a 5 star rating system!!! It is not the worst game I've ever played but there is definite room for improvement if they do another game!!! (which I hope they do!!!) (need more Chloe O'brien)!!! And this has been EvilDAWG's unprofessional game review!!!!!!!!!!