Megadeth or Metallica

Posted by BlizzardOfSteel

lol i noticed alot of forums always have this silly thread. But i want to see which band you prefer better. I like megadeth, they dont bore me and marty friedmans work in megadeth was amazing IMO. As for metallica i didnt enjoy much. :( kirk hammets guitar solos bore me to deth,and evrything in metallica just seem repetative, evrythign sounding the same. :( tahts my opinion. Although i did like kill em all. Wat about you guys.

Posted by Dexter

I have not heard much of Megadeth, but what I have heard bores me. I'll have to go with Metallica on this one, although it has been a long time since I've listened to them. I used to really like "No Leaf Clover."

Terrible options, by the way. Your avatar owns both these bands.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]Megadeth, Metallica is to simple.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Megadeth. Metallica = ew. I do like Kovenant's cover of "The Memory Remains", and Dream Theater's cover of "Master of Puppets", though. :cool:

Posted by Raptor

Whichever one of the two has been played on the radio less.

Posted by Dexter

That would definitely be Megadeth. It seems like every time I tune into the radio I hear Metallica, Nirvana, System of a Down, or Tool.

Quoting Dexter: I have not heard much of Megadeth, but what I have heard bores me. I'll have to go with Metallica on this one, although it has been a long time since I've listened to them. I used to really like "No Leaf Clover."

Terrible options, by the way. Your avatar owns both these bands.

Hmm idk wat you heard, maybe stuff from cryptic writings and on. I advice you to listen to Rust In Peace If you like speed thrash metal. With Exellent guitar solos. If your into hard rock listen to Youthanasia or Countdown to extinction. And you can alwyas listen to their older albums for classic thrash metal. ;)

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I have their Cryptic Writings CD and a few other songs from various albums that people have recommended to me, but I still can't get into them. Of course, I'm not really into thrash metal. And trust me, I've tried. I got a Death Angel CD last night and I plan on going through it during my driving time today. A band named Anacrusis was recently recommended to me, too, so I plan on checking them out soon.

Quoting Dexter: Yeah, I have their Cryptic Writings CD and a few other songs from various albums that people have recommended to me, but I still can't get into them. Of course, I'm not really into thrash metal. And trust me, I've tried. I got a Death Angel CD last night and I plan on going through it during my driving time today. A band named Anacrusis was recently recommended to me, too, so I plan on checking them out soon.

tahts cool, lol cryptic writings is a meh record lol I listen to it cus Megadeth is one of my favorite bands lol and i enjoy evrythign by them lol. Wat death angel cd did you get? If your into Instrumentals, pick up Marty Friedmans-dragons kiss and jason beckers-perpetual burn.

Posted by MarioStar

Metallica hands Down theres a reason there on the radio more.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Metallica was my gateway into metal around 1999, so I'm going for them. Some of their material still sounds pretty good to my ears, but they're way past their prime. I never liked Megadeth, so I'm not even getting into that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Dislike them both. Though, I've never given either a chance, really.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting MarioStar: Metallica hands Down theres a reason there on the radio more.

27 million Celine Dion fans can't be wrong!

Posted by Richaod

Very hard to say. Metallica are definitely more variable, and both bands' quality has dropped hugely since the early '90s.

The System Has Failed is many, many times better than St. Anger though. Currently, Megadeth, but beforehand ('80s), probably Metallica.

I thought DT's Master Of Puppets cover just felt really... slow.

Posted by Raptor

lol i listened to youthanasia a couple times through lol but only a couple songs caught my attention lol i can't remember one of them lol but i think the other was called addicted to chaos or something lol

p.s. lol

Posted by NegativeTrend

Megadeath is pretty boring and generic so Metallica.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting NegativeTrend: Megadeath is pretty boring and generic so Metallica.

If you really knew anything about megadeth or gave them a chance you would know that the name is spelled MEGADETH. Anyways Megadeth is one of my favorite if not my favorite band. Every album is different and unique in it's own way and the lyrics our always synical and just plain bad ***. The guitar work is also great, every guitarist megadeth has had has been top notch, as well as the drum work *except for maybe chuck behler*. Most people are turned away from Megadeth either because of the name, or because of the vocals. When i first started listening to Megadeth Mustaines vocals bugged me a little bit, but after a while you get used to it and each cd they get better. Current Megadeth *the system has failed* had a great vocal performance. Favorite Megadeth songs include Ashes In Your Mouth *contains possibly the greatest riff, ever*, Hangar 18, Go To Hell, Recipe for Hate, Into The Lungs of Hell, Looking Down The Cross and last but not least Rust In Peace..Polaris. Megadeth> Metallica in every way possible, the end.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Voted Pantera.

Posted by Pit

Yeah gotta go with that Linkin Park. Crawling in My skin was a sick song

Posted by Megatron

Megadeth. I went back to listen to Metallica's 80's outputs and now, for some reason, they seem kind of bland. I used to think Master of Puppets was the greatest thing since blades that sliced baked goods but now I listen and just go "meh".

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Megadeth. I used to love Metallica before St. Anger. St. Anger was sooo ****ty. There was not one decent solo on there.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

That's because that album contained zero solos. Hopefully their next album will be good, but I wouldn't count on it. Megadeths new album will own though, the Drovers should add a unique sound to Megadeth. News is the album is going to be a little bit more progressive stye and heavy.

Posted by Hyper

Megadeth by far, even though I've only listened to The System Has Failed. Shadow of Deth, Kick The Chair, Blackmail the Universe, and Of Mice and Men are all better than Master of Puppets. I still do like Master of Puppets (most of the album) though.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Dude you've only heard The System Has Failed? Go and get Countdown To Extinction, NOW.:)

Posted by Hyper

Well, I have their Rude Awakening DVD, which has nothing off of TSHF. It kinda bored me.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

That dvd didnt have that great of a setlist, mainly due to it being the tour for a world needs a hero, which is probably one of their worst cds. It was also definately one of Daves worst vocal performances, the Live In Argentina dvd coming out soon will have stuff from TSHF and alot of the best songs. Highlights on rude awakening for me were She Wolf (extended solo), Ashes In Your Mouth, Hangar 18, Tornado Of Souls and Hook In Mouth.

Posted by Dreadnought

Eh, Metallica got me into metal in the first place, and I used to worship everything they did right up until S&M. In all fairness though, if forced to listen to one of the two, I'd choose Megadeth simply because it sounds better to me now. But honestly? Windir ftw. 'Det Gamle Riket' beats anything either of those two ever produced.

Posted by Nostrovia

I think most people got into metal mostly due to Metallica. But by hands down I like Megadeth more. If you want to check out a good cd go and get a cd by "MD45" it was Dave Mustaines side project.. good material (but get the cd that he sang the lyrics)

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Definitely Megadeth. With the exception of an album or 2, they've been pretty consistent imho. Metallica however, should've stopped after Master Of Puppets. Every album since, has been worse than the one before.

Posted by NeXidala

metallica master of puppets pwned!