Mobile Phone Battery

Posted by loony636

I currently have a mobile phone (NEC e313) that I got from a friend, and I have no idea if it works. It didn't come with a charger, or a SIM card, or a memory stick. So instead of investing $20 or so in a charger, I would like just to charge the battery by sticking two wires on the terminals and charging it. There's one minor problem...there's 3 terminals. One says negative, one says positive, and the other one simply says 'T'. Now what does this mean? And if I try to charge my battery by hotwiring it, do I run the risk of destroying my battery?

Posted by higbvuyb

You have to supply the power at the right voltage/current, anyway. Don't even think about sticking tow wires into the mains. Also, most mobile phones won't work without a SIM card inside.

Posted by loony636

Quoting higbvuyb: You have to supply the power at the right voltage/current, anyway. Don't even think about sticking tow wires into the mains. Also, most mobile phones won't work without a SIM card inside.

I've got a spare SIM card and I should have a transformer of equal or lower voltage/current...but the issue is the 'T' terminal. Does it do anything?