Apocalyptica

Posted by Richaod

I had one listen to the first track and I was not only hooked immediately, but absolutely blown away. I've listened to Plays Metallica By Four Cellos, Inquisition Symphony and Cult (the latter of which would've made them incredibly famous if they weren't cello players), and each was progressively better, refining the "heavy" cello sound more and more with each. It was really more their original songs off Cult that I liked, but their covers were marvellous too - the solos on Enter Sandman and One being favourites, and Until It Sleeps legitimately being better than the original version.

So I skipped whatever progressions they made in Reflections, but an actual drum kit and vocals were just too overwhelmingly good for me. They almost seem to have become a regular metalhead riff-writing band, but a **** good one at that. I suppose I'm just disillusioned because of how much they use those cellos like rhythm guitars.

So now they finally seem to have grown out of their label as Metallica's most original tributers, which can only be a good thing. Any comments?