VGC Big Brother

Posted by Klarth

Klarth: i've just had the best idea EVER
Klarth: for a VGC community event
Klarth: VGC Big Brother
Klarth: A new board is made on the main boards
Sabredog: so long as it doesn't last thirteen ****ing weeks
Klarth: And seven members enter
Klarth: And for seven weeks, the only board they can post in is the Big Brother board
Klarth: And they can't view the rest of the boards
Sabredog: Hahaha
Klarth: And everyone else can read what they're saying
Klarth: But nobody can post in it.
Klarth: And each week, someone gets voted out.
Sabredog: That could work really well
Klarth: Yeah!
Klarth: In fact
Klarth: I think I might go make a thread
Sabredog: Go for it!

So, in this thread we discuss the above idea, and find people who are willing to play. Any improvements/criticisms?

Posted by Ant

Seems lame. HAVE FUN!

Posted by Random

Haha that'd so kick***. I never watched Big Brother but I presume it's sorta like "The Real World" only your away from the outside world and theres to be DRAMA right? Which means you need 7 different people who would MAKE DRAMA..

I bow to you Klarth and reward you rep and if it doesn't allow me to give you reputation at this time I will give you cookie points for later.

Posted by NES Queen

dont forget to include the token homosexual, racist, ignorant retard, pretty boy/girl, rich snob, naive virgin, and super smart yet socially inept nerd.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... And the self-confessed Paki-poof.

Count me out.

Posted by coromoro

Hah, wow, that's a fantastic idea. I would love to see what goes on in there. :cool:

Ah, and I suggest that someone (Klarth, perhaps, unless he's planning to participate) is the host for this, and would create a poll at the end of each week to see who gets voted out that particular week. :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting NES Queen: dont forget to include the token homosexual, racist, ignorant retard, pretty boy/girl, rich snob, naive virgin, and super smart yet socially inept nerd.

What's funny is individual people from vgc came to mind for every one of those descriptions when I read it. Beautiful. Don't forget to have the future alcoholic wifebeating rebel! This can fit under racist or ignorant retard, but it's just too common and both usually exist.

Oh, and a gothy/emo person is a must.

Posted by The Judge

If I wasn't hooked on DA, I'd do it.

Posted by Stalolin

I WILL DO IT.

wait.

seven weeks?

Make it two.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If this ever does come to light, there needs to be a subforum for non-participants to discuss/vote for things. You might also want to set tasks - A photo-editing competition, for example?

Posted by Axis

Seems like a good idea. It's just that 7 weeks is a really long time.

Posted by Klarth

Maybe three, and someone's voted out every three days.

Posted by Colonel

This seems like a good idea but, but my popularity level is really low so id get bashed and voted out in a heart beat.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Two weeks sounds good. I could see it wearing away by the third week.

Posted by Iris

I'd be up for it, since I don't really mind not posting in the other forums.

Posted by coromoro

As The X said, setting tasks or contests would be a good idea. The winner would get immunity (Survivor style) if he/she won! :cool:

Posted by Ant

I'm personally curious as to why this would be so fun?

Listen to people have boring conversations inside one board?

Posted by Klarth

k, so people who'd be willing to play so far:

Iris
Sabredog
Stalolin
.hack//

I dunno if I'm in on it or not. Being a host could be fun - I'd duck in once a day and set the participants challenges and ****.

edit: You get to vote them out and ***** about them behind their backs, man.

Posted by Fate

Wow, this seems really fun. I want to see this idea get started. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Big Brother isn't entertaining. A message board version would even less entertaining. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?

Besides, what would stop you from just looking at other boards? What the heck happens in other boards that makes denying access to them interesting?

Posted by Iris

I'd still like to be able to view the boards I moderate...

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]Besides, what would stop you from just looking at other boards?

Probably some form of IP block... even that wouldn't work very well, though.

[quote]What the heck happens in other boards that makes denying access to them interesting?

We making fun of their every move behind their back, lol.

Posted by Stalolin

Someone gets voted out every two days, making seven vote outs.

And winner gets to be super mod for two weeks.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Stalolin]Someone gets voted out every two days, making seven vote outs.

And winner gets to be super mod for two weeks.

That would be especially interesting if Sabredog won.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: That would be especially interesting if Sabredog won.

Sabredog could be made admin. [COLOR="DimGray"]forever please[/COLOR]

:cool:

Posted by sabre

If I win, we could de-admin Jesse.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Klarth: k, so people who'd be willing to play so far:

Iris
Sabredog
Stalolin
.hack//

Yup im willing

EDIT: Whens this thing gonna start because i go to Quebec June 6th -10th

Posted by Lord of Spam

Stopped reading after this:

[quote]super smart yet socially inept nerd

I'm in.:cool:

Posted by s0ul

ARE THERE GONNA BE ANY HOT BABES?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Lord of Spam: Stopped reading after this:

I'm in.:cool:

you were actually who i had in mind for that role too ;) <3

i was tempted to name the others, but figured i'd let the rest of you fight it out

Posted by Random

Heh i'll join if you don't mind. Heh Queen could too. There could be the drama :-P

Posted by NES Queen

i'll pass. i don't fit into any of the mentioned categories cept for socially inept nerd, but spammy claimed that one already.

Posted by Random

Eh I guess the closest one for me would be Ignorant Retard :-P

Posted by Alastor

I'm game if you don't have enough people already. :)

Posted by Random

Well they said 7 people right? I asked to be 6th so I think that would make you 7th? that is if they accept. I semi don't expect to be accepted :-P

I'd join if I didn't know I'd win :o

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak:
Besides, what would stop you from just looking at other boards? What the heck happens in other boards that makes denying access to them interesting?

Quoting GameMiestro: Probably some form of IP block... even that wouldn't work very well, though.

Actually it could be done by putting people into a special usergroup that only allows them to see that one board.

Anyhow I would like to be in on this.

Posted by Random

Seeing that we'll probably have more than 7 Volunteers, I say we pick names out of a hat or something? Since wasn't it Klarth I believe who had the idea, he should be the one to pick names out of a hat eh? Sounds logical to me. That way it's done fairly and nobody feels left out.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro: I'd join if I didn't know I'd win :o

YEAH RIGHT CHICKEN

I agree, Klarth will probably pick the 7 contestants.

Quoted post: YEAH RIGHT CHICKEN

that's it, I'm in :mad:

Posted by Random

Are there going to be multiple seasons? :-P

Posted by Zeta

This is a ****ing awesome idea. I'd try it, but I doubt I could go a maximum of three weeks being isolated from the main boards. Plus, I'm one of the more boring members, and would stir up little to no drama.

Posted by Iris

8 people total seems better. Then we can finish eliminating in exactly 2 weeks.

Posted by Ant

lol main boards are going to be nice and slow.

Posted by Xenos

Seven weeks is WAAAAY too long. Make it two weeks at most.

Posted by brownoystercult

I'm down for however many weeks.

Posted by Linko_16

For a two-week period, I'd be willing to try. What sorts of things will we be asked in this forum, though? Just our opinions on stuff? I'd like to hear all the parameters before I fully volunteer myself.

Posted by Xenos

If anything, make one big forum for discussion about the going-ons, but limit the actually stuff going on into one sub forum.

Posted by Jesse Smith

If they can't view the other boards, any mods in it would have to be de-moded for that time and changed to a new usergroup made just for this.

Of course, if you can't view the other boards, it's a little hard for you to use your moding power on n00bies that you can't see any of there posts. :D:D

Or maybe have a main board that has two sub-boards. One where they post at, and another board where we talk behind there backs, and they can view all the other boards.

Though it would be fun to de-mod Sabredog for a month and let all the n00bies have free-rain again. :D:D:D:D

Posted by Proto Man

Yeah, if mods wanted in on this, they would have to be willing to give up their powers for the duration of the contest. Or we could just do it where mods can't participate. *shrugs*

Posted by Random

I say Mods can join but they must give up there power to the time being to a person of "THEIR CHOOSING." In otherwords Sabredog can choose someone that will suffice for the time being.

Posted by coromoro

Hmm, I dislike that idea. Having members replace the moderators for the sole purpose of this short event seems like too much of a hassle. :o

Posted by Random

Though that is true they'd have to have someone watch the boards correct? And it would seem unfair to the Mods if they couldn't do something like this.

Posted by coromoro

I guess you're right, but perhaps only for some moderators this process would have to be done. For example, with Sabredog, I don't believe this would be necessary, as there are five other Super Moderators who watch over the boards.

Posted by Linkman

Hahaha, I ****ing love this idea. Good one, Klarth. :cool:

Make it so the rest of VGC can't see the board the 8 members are locked in. When it's all done, make it visible to everyone. it'll be fun to see what goes on in it. I say put in 8 people with different personalities, with at least 1 super mod (with no powers). Anyway, I'm game to be contestant. We should have a vote on the people willing to play to see what 8 get in..

Quoting coromoro: Ah, and I suggest that someone (Klarth, perhaps, unless he's planning to participate) is the host for this, and would create a poll at the end of each week to see who gets voted out that particular week. :)

that'd be fun too. At the end of it, Jesse buys a game for the winner. If he wants to, of course. Don't count on it though.

Posted by Raptor

I'd participate, but I'm almost certain to win with my irresistible furry charm. It's an unfair advantage, really.

Posted by Klarth

Alright, so here are the criteria.

- THREE WEEKS. That's 21 days.
- SEVEN PARTICIPANTS. One is kicked every three days.
- CHALLENGES. I'll set all kinds of ridiculously nerdy internet things for the particpants, and I'm willing to take ideas from non-participants.

Two new boards will be added in the off-topic section (not Community subforums - actual boards). One will be the board the participants get, and the other will be a board for discussion of the event.

The participants won't be able to see any other boards at all, nor post in them. This goes for moderators, too - You're de-modded for however long you're spending in there. Someone else will take over your job for the time being.

The observers will be able to view everything you're saying. However, they won't be able to post in the board, AND THEY SHOULDN'T BE VISIBLE AS VIEWING THREADS WHILE THEY'RE IN THERE. Got that, Jessums?

I'll duck in every once in a while and give challenges, etc. I won't actually discuss ****.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Put my name in the Hat. Sounds fun! Is this supposed to be some sort of Roleplay event where you act out a personality? Regardless I really want in this. I could possibly play the "newbie" seeing as I have a low post count
Also, I dont think the winner should be a Supermod for two weeks, thats just crazy. I dont want to be in the way of a power hungry Super mod. I think they should get a vanity thing that shows that they won and is the only person who has one. Of course, if Jesse wants to buy us a game then thats fine too XD.

Posted by Stalolin

I'm still in. De-mod me for the game and entrust it to either Zeta or Phantasma.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Roger S Huxley]Is this supposed to be some sort of Roleplay event where you act out a personality?
Nope. Just be yourself.

Posted by Dog

I'm in!

Posted by Klarth

It's a lottery!

Posted by Arczu

Very interesting idea. If I wasn't getting backlogged recently, I might have said "Sign me up!".

Heh heh... one barrel of monkeys...

Posted by mis0

I'm game. It sounds like fun, although I'll probably get booted pretty quick.

Yes, apply my name liberally to said hat. I'm gonna spray Misho all over Big Brother.

Posted by Klarth

Well, that's the "creepy transvestite" position filled. :)

Posted by Dog

when is it gunna happen?

Posted by Klarth

When the participants are decided. So far we've got:

Stalolin
.hack//
Iris
Sabredog
Lord of Spam
SomebodyRandom
Alastor
Protoman
Roinkz
Linko_16
Misoxeny
Roger S Huxley

...Which is, obviously, far too many. Still open for submissions, though, I wanna mix things up.

So once you ARE kicked out, you can start browsing the boards or are you still going to have to stay in Big Brother and just not be able to post until there is a winner?

Posted by Klarth

Nah, once you're kicked out you turn into a normal member again and you can chat about it with all the rest of the wonderful voyeurs.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seriously, I want in.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, we'll see :cool:

Posted by Linkman

You missed a couple..

Quoting Klarth: Stalolin
.hack//
Iris
Sabredog
Lord of Spam
SomebodyRandom
Alastor
Protoman
Roinkz
Linko_16
Misoxeny
Roger S Huxley
Linkman
Raptor?
Shdig
Arczu

there, fixed.

Posted by Xenos

watever ill go

Posted by sniper

I'd be up for it, if only to in some way cause LoS to lose.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting NES Queen: naive virgin

Count me in k thanks bye. :)

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]Well, just read the 4 pages and I want in.[/color]

Posted by sabre

Quoting Roger S Huxley: Also, I dont think the winner should be a Supermod for two weeks, thats just crazy. I dont want to be in the way of a power hungry Super mod. I think they should get a vanity thing that shows that they won and is the only person who has one. Of course, if Jesse wants to buy us a game then thats fine too XD.

Dude, shut up! You're ruining it for those of us who want to ban everyone!

Quoting Klarth: Alright, so here are the criteria.

- THREE WEEKS. That's 21 days.
- SEVEN PARTICIPANTS. One is kicked every three days.

day 3 = 1 person voted off
day 6 = 2nd person voted off
day 9 = 3rd person voted off
day 12 = 4th person voted off
day 15 = 5th person voted off
day 18 = 6th person voted off
day 21 = 7th person voted off

That would mean there would only be one person left in the house for day 19, 20, and 21. Which wouldn't be very interesting.

DAY NINETEEN

Sabredog
Well, this sure is good. Guess I've won. Inevitable really.

Sabredog
Preeeeetty lonely in here.

Sabredog
*scratches crotch*

Sabredog
Okay, I'm going now.

[Edit: Stickied, btw!]

Posted by Klarth

Oh, ****, I hadn't considered that. It runs for 18 days, then.

[quote=Linkman]
there, fixed.
Arczu said he was too tied up, and I don't think Raptor really wants in (unless he says otherwise). Also, I totally forgotted you. :'( So, that's:

Stalolin
.hack//
Iris
Sabredog
Lord of Spam
SomebodyRandom
Alastor
Protoman
Roinkz
Linko_16
Misoxeny
Roger S Huxley
Linkman
Raptor?
Shdig
Xenos
sniper
Dexter
Phantasma
GameMiestro

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, I'll ask to be in, for the sake of variety.

I'm trying to "apply" myself, okay? :(

Posted by Klarth

ok yes!

Posted by Linkman

Ok, Raptor's post might have been sarcasm, and I don't have a very good eye for sarcasm.

So how or who is going to decide who goes in? I think it'd make the most sense to have a poll with the 20 most likely people to get votes. People would likely vote for members why want to be trapped with. Might make the 7 members who get them most votes more interesting.

Posted by Klarth

I'd rather hand-pick the people - You know, choose people who are on frequently, and throw in chaotic relationships. It'd just be same-old-same-old if the entirity of VGC just voted for the popular members. :(

Posted by Linkman

True. Ok then, but make it interesting. Like pick people with different personalities.

Posted by Random

Although I understand the whole hand pick thing which would make a lot of logic, it's probably best to have it fair to everyone and throw in a lottery anyways. Excluding those who aren't on very often or at all. I mean you have to have common sense, but theres still probably 10 of us who are on quite frequent at least.

When are you going to have the decision by? Are you going to have a deadline where people must no longer sign up?

Posted by Raptor

I was originally interested in participating, but I don't anymore. There are too many other members who want in, so forget it. It has become trendy beyond toleration. ;)

Posted by Klarth

That's my plan, and I already have a rough idea. I'll tell tomorrow :cool:

edit: *shakes fist at VGC's collective furries*

Posted by Random

Heh $10 says if I did get in i'd be the first one off :-P That'd so kick***.

Of course I wouldn't try to be voted off first.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: That's my plan, and I already have a rough idea. I'll tell tomorrow :cool:

edit: *shakes fist at VGC's collective furries*

Can't wait! This is the best idea.

Posted by Iris

I think the members involved should vote people out. It seems much more fair, although a bit less interesting.

Posted by NES Queen

Klarth should compile a list of potential candidates (your idea, you're stuck with it now) into groups and the rest of us choose between them. Meaning that if there were 8 "idiotic retards" wanting to be involved, he could narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices and we pick just 1. Or if there were 8 people with very strong opinionated personalities, he would narrow it down to 2-3 choices for us to ultimately choose only 1. You can't have a group of identical people with similar personalities, there won't be any drama, and that's all we really care about.

And I agree with Iris. The masses vote for the contestants, but once that game begins only the contestants votes count for any elimination. We could have our own little side pot going on the side of who we think they'll toss, but since we're not involved we don't have a say as to who goes or stays.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Raptor: I was originally interested in participating, but I don't anymore. There are too many other members who want in, so forget it. It has become trendy beyond toleration. ;)

Welcome to Ironyville, where the prefered transportation is the anti-bandwagon bandwagon.

You are a moron. Hating something simply because others like it is the surest sign of an imature asshat that there is. Fail.

On another note, I also double as the abrassive ******* of the show:cool:

edit: is there some sort of "prize" for winning?

Posted by Alastor

Coming next season: VGC Survivor - Wacko Board.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Lord of Spam: Welcome to Ironyville, where the prefered transportation is the anti-bandwagon bandwagon.

You are a moron. Hating something simply because others like it is the surest sign of an imature asshat that there is. Fail.I'm pretty sure he was kidding around. Hence the winking face.

[quote=Lord of Spam]edit: is there some sort of "prize" for winning?
You get to be a super mod for two weeks or something was originally put forwards. Gee whillikers, this is going to be swell!

Quoted post: I think the members involved should vote people out. It seems much more fair, although a bit less interesting.

Why not a 60/40 type of thing? That way everyone's involved.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: Why not a 60/40 type of thing? That way everyone's involved.

How about a poll of non-participants is taken just before the contestants vote - the member who tops the poll gets two votes added to their participant-voted tally?

I am not sure I phrased my idea well.

:(

Posted by Iris

How about just 1 point added on from non-participants?

How do we decide on a tie?

Quoted post: How about a poll of non-participants is taken just before the contestants vote - the member who tops the poll gets two votes added to their participant-voted tally?

I am not sure I phrased my idea well.

Pretty much what I meant, but I like yours better. It's basically just a bonus (jut a negative one), right?

Quoted post: How do we decide on a tie?

Mm, what about casting another vote?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: Pretty much what I meant, but I like yours better. It's basically just a bonus (jut a negative one), right?

Yep, just so us outsiders can have some form of influence.

Posted by Iris

2 votes is a lot, actually. Since there's only 7 votes from the participants, and it's unlikely that they'll all vote for one person, those two votes will probably have the biggest influence.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Iris: 2 votes is a lot, actually. Since there's only 7 votes from the participants, and it's unlikely that they'll all vote for one person, those two votes will probably have the biggest influence.

One vote seems best, in hindsight. It just seemed a little insignificant when I thought the idea out...

Posted by Axis

Sign me up. I get out for summer in 2 school days (Mon, Tues). So I'll have plenty of spare time to play.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: I think the members involved should vote people out.

In Survivor, isn't that how it was done??!!!

Posted by Xenos

I have one tiny little request ... can you please start all this after Thursday of next week? I have a lot of finals and I won't be able to play much ... :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

When every one is out of school is the best time to start.

Posted by Dexter

k, then you'll have to wait about 3 more weeks for me. I'm done on the 15th of June. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Upon hearing the precise rules, I'd be happy to give it a go... though I don't fully understand what the challenges are. Is it, like, asking our opinions on stuff, making us play arcade games, et cetera?

I like the idea of non-participants being the voters. We perform for their approval. It'll be like the Gong Show. I mean, in Survivor, they had to work together on stuff and voted off people they found unsupportive or interfering. If we're just performing individual tasks, our votes would just be "k, I don't like you, lawlz."

Oh, and I'm pretty much out of school already.

Quoted post: k, then you'll have to wait about 3 more weeks for me. I'm done on the 15th of June.

It's probably best to do this before interest dies down...

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: k, then you'll have to wait about 3 more weeks for me. I'm done on the 15th of June. :cool:

Ha ha... no fake? Same here. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think that the people in on it should be the ones to vote. Makes it more fun that way, since they can kick the people that arent being amusing out. Otherwise, the people in it could jsut get bored.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: It's probably best to do this before interest dies down...

Yeah before long people will start to lose interest like Vamp said. We should probably do it rather soon.

Posted by Alastor

I'm out June 2, but I've got more free time than I know what to do with. It's probably best to start it relatively soon, anyway.

You guys that are holding everyone up can just wait and play the next time around, it's not like it'll be a one time only thing anyway.

Posted by Random

Yes especially if it's a smash. I figure it could be an on going thing. Maybe not too many times but enough that everyone has fun. And maybe have all the winners go into a special grand daddy of them all championship final one to kill it off down the road. That'd rock.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Iris: I think the members involved should vote people out. It seems much more fair, although a bit less interesting.

That's not how the TV show works, though. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: That's not how the TV show works, though. :(

If this went on for a longer period of time, and there were more participants, nominations would work.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Klarth: That's not how the TV show works, though. :(

I could be we wrong since I only saw a few episodes from the first season before realizing it was poop, and they probably changed it from the UK to US version.... but on the show the actual participants were the ones who voted people off, not the viewers.

If anything, you could have the members involved vote and the 2 people with the highest vote go to a bigger vote on the main board for non-participants to make the ultimate decision as to who goes and stays. So the 7 people choose 2 people to be "nominated" for banishment, but the rest of us have the final say on who stays and who goes. That way everyone feels involved.

Posted by Klarth

The whole thing backing it (as far as I'm concerned) is that the viewers vote off the people playing. I want to keep it simple - One person, one vote. The people playing have no idea who's winning or anything right up until one of them's kicked out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: The whole thing backing it (as far as I'm concerned) is that the viewers vote off the people playing. I want to keep it simple - One person, one vote. The people playing have no idea who's winning or anything right up until one of them's kicked out.

... But knowing who's winning/losing could stir up more drama and competition.

;)

Posted by mis0

I think we should be voted off by the non-participants so that way it's inclusive for everyone, we don't know why we're getting kicked off (element of surprise) and so they can control how entertaining it is.

Quoting Iris: How do we decide on a tie?

Klarth is like the host of the show, so maybe he should decide?

Also, I like the idea of handpicked contestants. It'll make it much more like real reality television if we're chosen specifially for what kind of personality we have, and also how it will affect the program as a whole.

People will just vote in their friends, so if the contestants are chosen by "lottery" it will be fairly boring, and probably much less fun.

We can still use the PM system, right? That could be like our lifeline to try and create drama, I guess. :)

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Misoxeny]
Klarth is like the host of the show, so maybe he should decide?
Either that, or a tiebreaker poll/challenge/y'know.

PMs? I might ask Jesse if he can set the people in the Big Brother usergroup to be limited to two PMs a day.

Also, instant messaging is cheating. :(

I'm picking the people right now. It isn't random - it's engineeeeered.

Posted by mis0

Engineeeeeered with SCIENCE! I'm looking forward to the results. :)

Posted by Klarth

Participants announced!

Sabredog
Iris
Misoxeny
Lord of Spam
sniper
Protoman
SomebodyRandom

Carefully hand-picked by yours truly, this is the lineup for what I hope will become a bi-annual competition. The winner of the May 2006 game will play in the November game, too.

The game itself starts on Monday the 22nd of May, at 2 PM GMT. Work out what that is in your timezome yourself.

The prizes will be announced shortly.

As for the new boards being created...

The House will be where the participants live for 18 days (or however long it takes them to be kicked off). This is where I'll drop in and say hi, set tasks and ****.

The Lobby will be where the non-participants can talk shit over the members playing, and vote one out every three days. To prevent the participants from simply logging out and checking how things are going on, a minimum postcount of 150 will be required for it to be visible.

As for the the tasks - Tasks will be set on May 22nd, 25th, 28th, 31st, and on June 2nd, and 5th. The participants have 24 hours to complete a task. The observers vote over the results in The Lobby the next day and after the voting is finished, the winning member is awarded a prize (I need ideas for these), regardless of whether he or she is the next to be kicked or not.

Voting for kicking will take place on the following dates:

May 24th
May 27th
May 30th
June 1st
June 4th
June 7th

Any questions?

Posted by NES Queen

[QUOTE=Klarth]Participants announced!

Sabredog - Foreigner
Iris - Token Female
Misoxeny - Transgendered Bisexual
Lord of Spam - *geek*
sniper - idk
Protoman -idk
SomebodyRandom - Obnoxious Retard

The Lobby To prevent the participants from simply logging out and checking how things are going on, a minimum postcount of 150 will be required for it to be visible.
I don't get it. Visible to who? Postcount where? Oooh, you mean so guests can't view it. But can't people still cheat and view it logged it and just hope they don't get caught doing so?

[quote]...the winning member is awarded a prize (I need ideas for these), regardless of whether he or she is the next to be kicked or not.
a banner of sorts for their sig? or permission to post in one other board (of your choosing) for the day? or the ability to get assistance in the next round from one outsider for the next task?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=NES Queen]Visible to who?
Normal members with over 150 posts.

[quote]Postcount where?
Under your avatar. :P

[quote]But can't people still cheat and view it logged it and just hope they don't get caught doing so?
No, and I'll show you why. [url=http://vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51]This is a link to the Moderator Board.[/url] You can't see it, but people in the moderator usergroup can. The participants will be in a usergroup where they can only see their board.

[quote]a banner of sorts for their sig? or permission to post in one other board (of your choosing) for the day? or the ability to get assistance in the next round from one outsider for the next task?
First idea is fine, but I don't want the other two to take place. It'd screw things up a little. :X

Posted by Dog

i won't be able to see the winner:(

Posted by Klarth

Er, what? Yes you will.

Posted by Dog

no i mean i wont be able to see the winner because i won't be here. and what happens if they're one of the participants, and when the whole thing starts you don't never log on? do you just get voted out right away?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shdig]and what happens if they're one of the participants, and when the whole thing starts you don't never log on? do you just get voted out right away?
Pretty much.

Would've been awesome to see Fate and Miso in it. Iris will work anyway.

Posted by NES Queen

well, thats kinda why Klarth asked who wanted to do it and then chose the people that said they would be around to participate.

*edit*
[quote=roinkz]Would've been awesome to see Fate and Miso in it. Iris will work anyway.
season 2 can be a big catfight with all the women: Fate, Iris, Kodachi, Trigger.....

Posted by Dog

I would've, but i wouldn't be there for that last one. i probably wouldn't have made it there anyways.

Posted by Klarth

Indeed. Fate never said she wanted in.

Posted by Dog

i can see LoS winning.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Me too, but I see myself winning pretty much everything in my head, and it rarely works like that in real life.:(

Posted by Proto Man

Cool, I'm in! Thanks. So lets see... 2 pm GMT my time is... 10:00 am!

So I won't be joining you guys right away because I have school, but I will be on in the afternoon. Can't wait!

Posted by Dog

Dexter should be in it. He would complete the group.

Posted by Random

Quoting Shdig: Dexter should be in it. He would complete the group.

Are you saying I can't complete the group? :-P :-P

Posted by NES Queen

this will be over before Dex is even out of school. if it's sucessful, he can be in the next round.

Posted by sabre

[quote]Sabredog - Foreignerque?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Sabredog: que?

ie. non-American

i don't know you well enough to label you with a stereotype other than that. cept for Harry Potter impersonater, but i figured you're prefer i didn't.

SPOILERS: LoS wins and causes the other participants to cry due to the sheer awesomness he exudes.

Posted by Iris

I'm up for it, but I hope we don't have to be online 24/7.

Posted by sniper

So when it actually comes time to vote, do we PM our votes to Klarth? Posting it in the open doesn't seem like it would work well.

Posted by KoH

Okay... I've read this thread... understood your idea... but haven't understood 'why?' This is purely my opinion, but I don't really see a point to this idea at all. But this is probably just me.

Quoted post: Okay... I've read this thread... understood your idea... but haven't understood 'why?' This is purely my opinion, but I don't really see a point to this idea at all. But this is probably just me.

It's no different than the purpose of coming here and posting. I mean, why not do it if people are up to the idea?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting sniper: So when it actually comes time to vote, do we PM our votes to Klarth? Posting it in the open doesn't seem like it would work well.

isn't there an option when you make a poll to keep votes anonymous and can't see the results till after you've voted? that would keep it fair.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting sniper: So when it actually comes time to vote, do we PM our votes to Klarth? Posting it in the open doesn't seem like it would work well.

Your votes? What?

The participants don't vote on anything. Read the last detailed post I made.

Posted by Dog

they vote people out, don't they?

Posted by Iris

Not letting the participants vote is silly. :-/

Posted by Klarth

No it isn't - If they did, the observers wouldn't have any influence whatsoever on the participants, and the fact that they're the ones deciding your fate is the entire point.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Plus it lets drama build if two people who hate each other get left in:cookie:

Posted by Klarth

EXACTLY.

Posted by Dexter

Even though I won't be done with school until June 15th, I think I am online enough to play anyway. Also, it would be difficult to play after I'm out of school because that's when I'm taking a 12 day trip, so I have to play in the first round. :(

Posted by Klarth

The second round isn't for a loooong time.

Also, removing someone now would mean I'd have to tweak the entire roster. I put a lot of thought into this. :/

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, don't remove me. I'll be able to play during the last couple weeks of school. How much time do you suppose it takes to participate, anyway? If I don't participate enough, I'll simply lose. Seems appropriate.

Posted by Klarth

Uh... The contestants have already been chosen. Check post 122.

Relax, you'll probably be in the next game. Just be patient, mmkay? :(

Posted by sabre

Quoting NES Queen: ie. non-American

i don't know you well enough to label you with a stereotype other than that. cept for Harry Potter impersonater, but i figured you're prefer i didn't.
"Que" was meant to be a joke. Because it's not an English word. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Left out? Nuts. I hope I get in if we do this again.

Posted by Klarth

Don't worry, we will. :)

Posted by sniper

Quoting Klarth: Your votes? What?

The participants don't vote on anything. Read the last detailed post I made.

Whoops. Read right past that.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Klarth: Don't worry, we will. :)

It's 'cause I'm too nice, isn't it? If I don't have the power to delete a few avatars, I just don't get into any trouble with anyone.

Posted by Klarth

Nah, I just mixed things up for this one to have a lot of friction and contrast. I'll probably take that to the extreme next time and match up people like, say, yourself and Trigger. :)

And me. Toss me in next time.

Posted by Iris

If the votes are completely influenced by non-participants, then the participants could get bored really quickly. :(

Also, there's obviously a lot of favoritism on this site.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Klarth: Participants announced!

Sabredog
Iris
Misoxeny
Lord of Spam
sniper
Protoman
SomebodyRandom

Carefully hand-picked by yours truly, this is the lineup for what I hope will become a bi-annual competition. The winner of the May 2006 game will play in the November game, too.

The game itself starts on Monday the 22nd of May, at 2 PM GMT. Work out what that is in your timezome yourself.

The prizes will be announced shortly.

As for the new boards being created...

The House will be where the participants live for 18 days (or however long it takes them to be kicked off). This is where I'll drop in and say hi, set tasks and ****.

The Lobby will be where the non-participants can talk shit over the members playing, and vote one out every three days. To prevent the participants from simply logging out and checking how things are going on, a minimum postcount of 150 will be required for it to be visible.

As for the the tasks - Tasks will be set on May 22nd, 25th, 28th, 31st, and on June 2nd, and 5th. The participants have 24 hours to complete a task. The observers vote over the results in The Lobby the next day and after the voting is finished, the winning member is awarded a prize (I need ideas for these), regardless of whether he or she is the next to be kicked or not.

Sw33t. This looks like fun, and even though the 22nd is my graduation date and I'm out of town between the 28th and 4th, I bet I can at least survive a few rounds and stir the pot a bit. I'll have access to the intarnets everywhere I go except for Needles, California. Also, considering I dislike about half the contestants, I think there is some major drama grenade potential.

FORSEEN ALLIANCES: Miso, LoS, & Sniper, Sabredog & Iris, Protoman and his hand, SomebodyRandom and Protomans hand.

I'D BET ON: LoS or Iris, ftw.

Quoted post: If the votes are completely influenced by non-participants, then the participants could get bored really quickly.

Seriously, implement the bonus points idea. That way everyone's happy.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: Also, there's obviously a lot of favoritism on this site.

This, if you ask me, is the only major problem with allowing non-participants to vote. Reality shows have a whole country of viewers who've never seen the contestants before in their lives, but we're not so lucky.

No matter what you do, when it comes to such a vote, favouritism will play a big part - whether you're a participant or not.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linko_16: This, if you ask me, is the only major problem with allowing non-participants to vote. Reality shows have a whole country of viewers who've never seen the contestants before in their lives, but we're not so lucky.

Heh, yeah then it's more of on the lines of a popularity poll, which is something that could even be done right now by anyone.

Quoting Vampiro: No matter what you do, when it comes to such a vote, favouritism will play a big part - whether you're a participant or not.

You have a point there.

Posted by mis0

Which is why I think LoS, or Iris, will probably win. I'm far too disliked to take the trophy.

Posted by Fate

This sounds a lot like Big Brother Idol.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: The game itself starts on Monday the 22nd of May, at 2 PM GMT. Work out what that is in your timezome yourself.

Ack!!! I'm a sleep then, 7 AM PST!!!! Between 3:00 PM and 3:00 AM PST Monday-Saturday would work, for kicking them off the island, and Monday afternoon I'll be out of town, and you guys got to figure everything out before it starts!!!! Like figuring out how to get around having it be a popularity poll!!!!

Midnight PST would work best.

Everything is set-up now, except moving them to the usergroup. And those not loged in can't see either one of the boards, so they can't log out to see what every one is saying about them on the other board.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I start a new job Tuesday, but I'll be getting off work at 6, so its not that big of a deal.

also wtf nobody luvs me

Posted by Killer Jordo

Sign me up Jesse! I'm willing to try this.

Didn't read the thread, did you?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Congrats on being a complete retard. The roster has already been chosen you ignorant little twat. Learn to friggn read.

Edit: It may look like I got ninja'd by Vamp, but I actually was refering to him. [spoiler] not really though :'([/spoiler]

I chose to disregard that edit and shake with pure rage.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I DO NOT FEAR YOUR RAGE, GOOD SIR. I AM SAFE IN MY CITADEL OF SUNLIGHT, WHERE A WARRIOR AS FROSTBITTEN AS YOURSELF DARE NOT TREAD. BWA HA HA HA!

Wow, **** you. See you in a month. ****ing dead.

Posted by Lord of Spam

oh shi-[spoiler]<3[/spoiler]

Posted by Random

I can't seem to post in the house Jesse. You said only the participants can, however i'm quite unable to. Did you re-lock it til monday?

I'm so Psyched. Even if i'm first out it's going to rock. It's kind of got me all hyper. I have work tomorrow morning at 9 am and it's 3:30 am here now and I can't F***ing sleep :-D

Posted by Arczu

I think this is the most exciting thing many members ever got over an idea. A rare occurance if you ask me.

We need more lightbulbs for this site.

Posted by sabre

Jesse, remember to give Klarth the power to make announcements in the House board. He'll need to set tasks 'n' sh*t yo, but he shouldn't really be able to interact as such.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I need to be able to post **** in there. I won't actually interact with the members aside from setting tasks and answering ubertechnical questions.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I can't seem to post in the house Jesse. You said only the participants can, however i'm quite unable to. Did you re-lock it til monday?

When the game starts, you'll be moved to a special usergroup thats's allowed to post in there. Right now, nobody can touch it because the usergroup is empty.

Posted by Stalolin

i'm not looking back through this thread.

When is this starting?

Monday or whenever the 22nd is.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Yeah, I need to be able to post **** in there.

I'll try adding you to that usergroup when I do it with them. I'm not sure if you'll be able to see all the other boards, though it won't be your main usergroup.

Posted by Klarth

Oops! I just pm'd you about that.

Psh, just make another new usergroup for me so I can see/post in the mod board, the house and the rest of VGC whilst retaining what reach I have. It should be simple.

Posted by Jesse Smith

You should have access now...I think. Let me know when you guys are ready to start!!! er...who was suppsoed to have access again. er...I'll always be asleep at the currently listed starting time. Midnight PST is more like the time for starting and knocking them off the island (In 21 hours).

Posted by Random

Wait wasnt' the game supposed to start today?

Posted by Jesse Smith

In a little less than five hours. I'm never on at 6:00 AM!!!!! I'm always on at about midnight PST!!! If

Sabredog
Iris
Misoxeny
Lord of Spam
sniper
Protoman
SomebodyRandom

isn't correct, give me the correct names by midnight PST (In four hours and 43 minutes.)

Posted by Random

Glad that this actually happend. I was called into work this morning at 9:30 am, and I had to work til 9:30 pm and i was kind of bummed out I wouldn't be there for the start.

Posted by Stalolin

omfg why did I get left out? =(

Posted by Random

heh idk, honestly though I thought you'd be a perfect candidate.

Posted by Xero

So do we start another round and see if it goes up to the end or do we forget about BB?

Posted by Ant

Delete thread, or just unlock it...yeah.

Posted by Xenos

Unlock? ;o