Interesting article

Posted by Bebop

http://www.xgaming.com/newsletter/Wii%20Dupe.shtml

A guy encounters problems with the conteoller and generally has some more inforamtion I hadn't heard of before. It's generally an interesting article that detials the controller in terms of the sensor bar. It also has some interesting links.

Posted by Dexter

I actually think about my distance from the television and the alterations it causes to the way the controller functions and responds as being enjoyable. It seems as though many of the people playing the Wii at the conference are at different distances, so it doesn’t seem like it matters much.

Posted by TendoAddict

From I read the guy got burned thinking that the Light gun would be as accurate as a mouse.

Its was supposed to handle like a gun not a mouse. Mouses , while on the money, do not reflect real life.

Considering that he was also talking about red steel (a game far from bell of the ball of the Wii) I dont know how much truth from situation can be made.

But he did mention that some things are still underwraps.

All in all nice find but just because one guy isnt happy doest mean a whole lot. He did give some nice tech info but too much is still uncertain and calling what was at E3 solid is a harsh path.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I keep hearing conflicting reports about how it handles - some people seem to 'get' it right away, others have to tinker with the reaction settings for hours...

:(

Posted by Dexter

I imagine I'll understand and get used to it fairly quickly each time I start up a new game, but I can think of numerous people that will have a difficult time with it simply because they are not skilled at such things. There are lots of people who can't even play with the regular controller because there are far too many buttons and they can't seem to be able to coordinate themselves. I'm sure we all know people like that, and we need to keep that under consideration every time we hear the complaints. It should prove to be more difficult to play at times than it would be with a regular controller, but that's mostly because no one is used to it. We'll eventually get used to it, I'm sure of it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I keep hearing conflicting reports about how it handles - some people seem to 'get' it right away, others have to tinker with the reaction settings for hours...

Considering those were all demos, the controls won't be perfect. Not to mention a lot of those people have to learn a completely new way of playing games in about the amount of time it takes for someone to explain it to you... in a setting like E3.

Posted by Dexter

http://atariace.com/nintendo/images/nes_max_controller.jpg

It took me several weeks to get used to this old controller many years ago, but I did indeed get used to it and it was my controller of choice for about 2 years. Then I stopped playing NES for awhile and when I returned, I couldn't use this device at all. I don't know how I did it before. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, there have been many similar experiences reported with Red Steel. It isn't as well optimised as the other gun games. There were no such problems reported with Metroid, for instance.