A shoutbox?

Posted by ~vampire~

K I dunno if has been asked before, but I like shoutboxes. Its fun sometimes to chat when you dont have anything to post.

What do you think guys? Jesse?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, pretty sure this has been asked before. Don't believe it went over too well. Though, I really see no harm in it. I just never really bother to use them.

Posted by Klarth

no

Posted by ~vampire~

ok then. I'll live without it. :) sorry for spamming...sorta...

Posted by Klarth

It was kinda annoying, but it wasn't stupid or pointless. Ergo, not spam. :)

Posted by ~vampire~

K. Thats reasuring :)

Posted by Linkman

I never liked the shoutbox hack, especially on a highly poplated site like this. It'd just be a mess, so no.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Linkman: I never liked the shoutbox hack, especially on a highly poplated site like this. It'd just be a mess, so no.

Yeah maybe there would have been an overflow of shouts...I dint think about that. :(

Posted by Proto Man

My vote is yes.

Posted by Klarth

This isn't Lame Wire. **** off.

Posted by GameMiestro

We already have a "chat room", which you can't actually chat in, but it's still close enough.

[quote=Klarth]This isn't Lame Wire. **** off.

and how many times did you post there?

Posted by Iris

VGC gets way to much traffic for a shoutbox. Shoutboxes are only good on forums with a moderate amount of members, so you can keep up with them.

Posted by Linko_16

I seriously wtf'd for the two seconds I thought this was the Mod Board.

But, yeah, shoutbox wouldn't work too well here.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: This isn't Lame Wire. **** off.

[IMG]http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/issues/Issue.01-26-2006/galleries/Article.art_listings/lead.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xenos

No, no, no, and no. The main reason is because it will drain the activities from the forums. I've seen it done before, and it never works well.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting GameMiestro: We already have a "chat room", which you can't actually chat in, but it's still close enough.

We do? Where?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Main boards, you should see them underneath some of the board titles. Or, on the same bar as UserCP and the like.

Posted by ~vampire~

ah yes I see it. Thanx.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=GameMiestro]
and how many times did you post there?
Not the question you should be asking. It's more like "how many people's accounts did I **** around with before the site turned to shit?"