Posted by Crazy K

Tell us what movie or movies you seen as of lately. and rate it from 1-10

I saw Without a Paddle, it was pretty funny
8/10

Posted by Axis

The Village

ICK

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Started to watch some movie called 'The Door Beneath the Floor', I believe...The first half hour of what I saw was quite pathetic. I'd have to give it a 0.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I downloaded Alone in the Dark and Hide and Seek.

Alone in the Dark just made me laugh the whole way through. it was horrible. 2/10.

Hide and Seek was actually pretty good, until the end anyways. 4/10.

Posted by Ch

well i watched the Godfather Part III yesterday. Can't say it's my favorite of the trilogy 5/10. The ending was nice though.

Posted by Corrupt

I just watched Stephen King's "Rose Red" recently... I was just flipping through the channels until I saw it, and it was just starting, so I didn't see why not. Only thing, though, was that it was four hours long, including an hour of commercials... so it did take up my entire afternoon. It wasn't bad... it was intended to be "the scariest haunted house flick ever made," but even though it didn't live up to that, it was enjoyable. I like haunted house movies myself, so I was entertained... overall I'd give it a 5.5/10, probably. The acting wasn't too good, admittedly, but the setting and a few of the characters [mainly Emery and his mom] were great. The house itself [which was actually modelled after Thornewood Castle in Washington] was really nice, too.

So, yes... it wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

Posted by Prince Redon

White Noise-10/10 I actually liked this movie...The first horror movie I have liked in a long time...

Darkness- 0/10 Great concept and looked great...but really was disappointing...The acting was horrible, and I wouldn't recommend this movie.

Spanglish- 0/10 I usually like a good love story and some romantic movies...but this was torture. I didn't like the concept of it...Now that I think about it, I didn't like anything about it.

Resident Evil 2- 0/10 I hated this movie with a passion. It really made me take a second look at the Resident Evil series...Then I went home and played Resident Evil 2 and went back to wanting Resident Evil 4!

Elektra- 0/10 huge disappointment...I expected way more out of Marvel. It was the same effect as Resident Evil 2.

The Aviator- 8/10 I actually liked this movie. The main character was insane, but it was a good movie.

As you may notice alot of the ratings were low...It is for one simple reason....They don't even try on movies any more. They reached a point to where they don't even care...They just make a movie about a fat man picking his nose for 2 hours, and give it an awesome name, and that is about all they even do...I miss the old days when they actually tried on movies.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah a lot of movies they dont try to make "the Best Film" anymore. I mean most great films were in the 90's and below.

I have to say my opinion on Napoleaon Dynomite. Plain and simple, it really sucked. There was barely any funny parts in this film. I noticed that the actors were not that good, I mean if I wanted to I can act like what they did, its not that hard. The ending was the only great part of the film. There was small funny parts in the film witch only kept the film interesting. I thought it sucked so I give it a 2/10.

Quoted post: White Noise-10/10 I actually liked this movie...The first horror movie I have liked in a long time...

You must be kidding me.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Prince Redon]White Noise-10/10 I actually liked this movie...The first horror movie I have liked in a long time...

From the previews I think it looked cheap. The way they made the so called "Ghosts" look in the prievew was kinda stuid. Who knows maybe I will like it, but no way in hell will it get a 10-10 when it probably diserves like a 6 or a 7. But I have to see it to find out for sure.

Posted by Trigger

The Italian Job (remake) and I suppose that the movie was all right but nothing to get too excited about; I wasn't all that thrilled and I'm not all that compelled to see it again. Once is really enough for me, in this case. 4/10

Posted by Dandelion

Virgin Suicides : 9/10 Creepy but good
Garden State : 10/10 Very very good
Napoleon Dynamite : 5/10 Pointless but good

Posted by boomstick

Meet The Fockers 8/10- Quite good and funny, along with some great acting with the likes of Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman and Ben Stiller leading the way. I really enjoied the story and plot of the movie. I enjoied Meet The Parents more, but I felt this was definately of the same quality.

I, Robot 4/10-Jeez, this movie sucked. It was the recycled plot of robots trying to take over humanity that we've seen through several movies and animes before. It was also presented in a just plain **** dull way. Even the action scenes were a bit on the boring side.

The Ranch 4/10-It was one my friend(male friend, of course) rented and I watched with him. It's basically about a group of prostitutes at a 'whore house' and how they deal with several problems. The excessive sex and nudity are obviously the draw of the movie. The plot is okay, but nothing really special or interesting and the acting isn't terrible, but it's not too good.
It reminded me of Show Girls(R-rated version, not NC-17 version), but of less quality, to most I'd say skip.

Posted by Klarth

The Naked Gun 33 1/3 - The Final Insult.

Absolutely bloody hilarious. The main characters are so incredibly stupid that it's easily one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Crazy K: From the previews I think it looked cheap. The way they made the so called "Ghosts" look in the prievew was kinda stuid. Who knows maybe I will like it, but no way in hell will it get a 10-10 when it probably diserves like a 6 or a 7. But I have to see it to find out for sure.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]It is actually beter than it looks...

It wasn't a 10 in comparison to alot of the old movies such as Halloween ext. but compared to everything else on that list....It really was one of the best.
[/COLOR]

AVP - 8/10

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

White Noise - 8/10

Meet the Fockers - 9/10

Posted by Big Boss

Elektra - It's certainly one of the better comic book movies I've seen, just behind the Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men series. All I knew about Elektra beforehand was from Daredevil graphic novels and comic books, and from that I didn't like her. Add the fact that, unlike almost every guy on Earth, I'm not a fan of Jennifer Garner, and it's surprising that I ended up liking the film. Garner's a great action star, I must say. What's even more surprising, is that it's one of the most negatively received movies in recent times, something I found out just recently at rottentomatoes.com.

7/10

I, robot - 7/10. It actually wasn't too bad. Held my interest enough that I actually stayed and watched it. I didn't see the very beginning, but I saw enough. It's not a movie I'll likely be watching again, but it was fairly good, considering the rot they've been coming out with lately.

Posted by Dexter

Reality Bites. Winona Ryder, Ethan Hawke, Janeane Garofalo, Steve Zahn, Ben Stiller, and Ren

Posted by Cloudstud

Quoting Corrupt: I just watched Stephen King's "Rose Red" recently... I was just flipping through the channels until I saw it, and it was just starting, so I didn't see why not. Only thing, though, was that it was four hours long, including an hour of commercials... so it did take up my entire afternoon. It wasn't bad... it was intended to be "the scariest haunted house flick ever made," but even though it didn't live up to that, it was enjoyable. I like haunted house movies myself, so I was entertained... overall I'd give it a 5.5/10, probably. The acting wasn't too good, admittedly, but the setting and a few of the characters [mainly Emery and his mom] were great. The house itself [which was actually modelled after Thornewood Castle in Washington] was really nice, too.

So, yes... it wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

There is actually a prequal to that movie. Ive seen both, i wasnt all that impressed with either of them but i guess i sat through them. The prequal gave the background on the girl that lived in the house and her relationship with the house keeper and her husband. It kinda shows how the house became haunted. Its pretty interesting if you enjoyed rose red.

Posted by Crazy K

i Watched a litte bit of Cobra today, its a great film. 7/10

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Evil Dead II: 9/10

A classic must-see for anyone who's never heard of it. In fact, due yourself a favor and rent all the movies in the Evil Dead lineup, including Army of Darkness. Evil Dead II is as original as it gets, it's a great mix of horror and comedy like you've never seen before, and Bruce Campbell delivers some of the best acting ever seen in cinema(no kidding, check out the scene of him wrestling with his own demonized hand, it's hillarious). Note that you don't really need to watch the original to understand this movie, but you might want to anyways.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Ray and Vanity Fair were my two most recent viewings. Vanity Fair had some interesting costumes, which was the major reason for me watching it and probably my favorite element of the film. The girl who played Ray

Posted by Dexter

The Grudge.

I am really not interested in these horror films like I somewhat used to be (The Shining was neat). I get dragged into these more often than I would like to be. Maybe I just don't understand them enough, but it seems like the people I watch them with who actually enjoy them don't understand them as much as I do. I should be asking myself why they like films such as this without understanding some simple details about them, but I often don't bother. I suppose they generally like being scared and are comfortable watching such films that are probably made targeting such youthful, simple groups. When I drag some of these teens into, let's say, a Woody Allen film, they feel terribly out of place, as though they shouldn't even be watching such films. Woody Allen certainly isn't teen-oriented, although I have met many teens that enjoy his work. I enjoyed his material as a teenager and still do. I have witnessed several teenagers' watch about 10-15 minutes of Magnolia before turning it off, not wanting to waste their time on such things. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with their attention span. You have to actually listen to dialogue in films such as Adaptation in order to appreciate it fully. In The Grudge, however, you really don't need to listen to much dialogue. It is easy to pick up enough main ideas to get you by without thinking about it much.

K, so did Karen die or what? Sequel’s on the way. :(

Posted by Xero

The latest movie i've seen is The day after Tomorrow. I wanted to see it and I liked it a lot. :devil:

The past week I've been watching:

Alien - Nine out of ten
Aliens - Ten out of ten
Alien 3 - Six out of ten
Alien Resurrection - Four out of ten
AVP Commentary 1 - Eight of ten
AVP Commentary 2 - Nine out of ten.
Predator - Ten out of ten
Predator 2 - Seven out of ten.

Posted by Crazy K

I saw Friday Night Lights. It was a pretty **** good movie. 9/10

Posted by Dexter

The Cooler. The ending was hilarious. It's amusing when I laugh alone.

Posted by misogenie

[SIZE=3]STAR TREK: NEMESIS[/SIZE][COLOR=MediumTurquoise] Scientists can create radiation that can turn flesh into ash under 60 seconds, something that's far worse than a virus infection like AIDS. The new Enterprise battles with the giant eaglelike Scimitar. If I were captain of The Enterprise, I would beam aboard the enemy giant a good ten of those torpedo bombs, instead of DATA taking his own life to save his friends. [/COLOR]

50 First Dates. Eight out of ten. Definitely one of the better romantic comedies.

Posted by boomstick

Alien Vs. Predator 7/10- It was okay, nothing really special, I was never really a fan of either movie series and didn't have that much interest in it. As far as it goes, it was a standard Alien-type action movie.

National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 6/10- It was funny and all, but in the end it wasn't all that good. The acting wasn't too good and the production value overall was pretty low, which surprised me since most Lampoon movies are of much better value then this one.
Also, fans of Lampoon's will be a bit disappointed at the lack of sex and nudity supplied, even in the Unrated version, Sry Guys.

Posted by Fate

I saw Ju-On. Better than that ****ty The Grudge movie. 9/10.

Posted by Crazy K

Cellular 8/10 it was actually a good movie.

Posted by Dexter

Absolute Power. I enjoy Clint Eastwood films. Not just the films he acts in but the ones he directs. I actually enjoy the films he directs more. I think he is getting better at it, too. Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby were terrific films. I should see True Crime next. Maybe I will rent that for tonight. I thought Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was sort of dull, though, even though it had a wonderful cast, which included John Cusack and Kevin Spacey.

Posted by Max Mouse

The Matrix Reloaded - 8/10

Spider Man 2 - 7/10

Ong-Bak - 8.5/10.

Posted by Al Borland

I watched The Fugitive this afternoon. Tommy Lee Jones is one of my favorite actors and so is Harrison Ford so I really enjoyed it.

Posted by Crazy K

Kill Bill VOL. 1 9.5/10 First time seing it and it was ....ing awesome dude

Kill Bill VOL. 2 9/10 Is was pretty good but not better then Vol 1.

Ticker 7/10 it was an ok movie. I had it for a long time on DVD and thought it sucked the first time, so I watched it again and actually liked it a little bit.

Posted by Axis

Boogeyman

The ending sucked.

5/10.

Posted by Dexter

After observing that Ashlee Simpson thread at school earlier today, I felt like dancing, although with all my simple homework and it being Tuesday night, there was really no where to go to dance, so I watched Footloose. This film would make an energetic little stage play if tweaked just a bit.

Posted by Al Borland

A Mighty Wind, for about the 100th time. For those of you who haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

Shark's Tale (sp?) - 6/10
Sky Captain - 8/10
Saw - 8/10 (Though there was a bunch of problems, I still liked it)

Posted by Crazy K

Cat-Women - 8/10

I actually found this movie to be pretty good. Kinda dragged on, and there was not much action but it was still a great film.

*Edit*-

2/18/05

Surviving Christmas - 8.5/10

I actually liked this one. I thought it was going to suck but no way whatsoever. It was pretty funny.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Coach Carter. That movie warmed my heart.

Posted by boomstick

Donnie Darko 3/10-I recently saw a ad for the DVD rerelease of this so I decided to check it, but I was really disappointed, I was able to grasp it, but, in the end, it was just plain boring.

Saw 7/10-I thought this movie was okay, but suffered from several problems, but what disappointed me was it was being advertised as a horror movie when it was a mystery/thriller hybrid, which isn't bad, but I was expecting a horror movie.
Overall I found it a pretty decent movie, but I thought it was fairly predictable to who the killer actually was and I figured it out fairly quick.

Posted by Trigger

I saw, for the second time, Black Hawk Down. It was a good movie and it has become one that I would wish to own on DVD. I have always enjoyed watching it and oddly enough, I take an interest in some war-based movies. I would rate this movie an eight out of ten.

Quoted post: Saw 7/10-I thought this movie was okay, but suffered from several problems, but what disappointed me was it was being advertised as a horror movie when it was a mystery/thriller hybrid, which isn't bad, but I was expecting a horror movie.

By today's standards, it's a horror movie.

Posted by Big Boss

Constantine

Despite the overused source material of God vs. Devil, Constantine manages to hook the viewer from the very beginning with an intense exorcism scene. Keanu plays the role of Constantine, a stubborn a-hole who acts like he always has a stick up his ... (with reason, though). Everything about the movie is just "cool," and I BET it's thanks to the original Vertigo comic book, even though I've never read it. Keanu Reeves continues to own.

9/10

Posted by Killer Jordo

I just got back from FAt Albert NA NA NA GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME yes i love the cartoon and i loved the movie 10000000000/10

Posted by thelaststand

i just saw Constantine today i would say its a pretty decent movie, theres nothing really to get yourself excited about, plus the depictions of Gabriel and hell basically just sucked but thats my opinion, i would say give it a shot

Posted by Crazy K

Saw - 10/10

Even though there was a couple bad actors, the plot was .... good. I loved it, best movie I seen in years.

Quoting BB: Constantine

Despite the overused source material of God vs. Devil, Constantine manages to hook the viewer from the very beginning with an intense exorcism scene. Keanu plays the role of Constantine, a stubborn a-hole who acts like he always has a stick up his ... (with reason, though). Everything about the movie is just "cool," and I BET it's thanks to the original Vertigo comic book, even though I've never read it. Keanu Reeves continues to own.

9/10

Yeah, I just got back from that. You've summed up my feelings pretty well. I thought it was going to be an OK movie, but it turned out to be really awesome. When I came out of it I was actually suprised.

Quoting BB: and I BET it's thanks to the original Vertigo comic book, even though I've never read it.

Eh? I thought Constatine was based off the Hellblazer comics? I've never read them myself, but my friend loves the comics and that's what he said. Though I don't know.

Quoted post: Keanu Reeves continues to own.

I gotta agree. I used to hate him as an actor, but he's really come into his own. I always figured him as an over/under actor. But these past five or so years, he's really proven otherwise. Though I still don't like him, but I love most of his newer movies.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Eh? I thought Constatine was based off the Hellblazer comics? I've never read them myself, but my friend loves the comics and that's what he said. Though I don't know.

Yeah. Hellblazer's from Vertigo.

Posted by Cloudstud

I watched saw last night and although the movie lacked in budget and good acting the idea behind it was genious. Too bad it was riddled with bad acting. But none the less i still thought it was a pretty good movie. How scary would that be????

7/10

Posted by cheese_muncher

Rainman 10/10
Bowling for columbine 8/10
the war of the roses 6/10

Posted by RandomizeR

Anchorman--8/10

Posted by Dexter

A Life Less Ordinary, Sleepwalkers, Hackers, The Notebook, and I Heart Huckabees are a few I have seen recently. The Notebook surprisingly reminded me of a dream. I Heart Huckabees was definitely a clever film. My favorite from this list, by far.

I started to watch The Village, but I couldn't force myself through the majority of it. I found it to be quite dull, and since I didn't watch the entire movie, I won't rate it.

I saw Constantine again last night. It managed to be even better since I missed a few scenes last time. Nine point five.

Posted by Shade

I just got back from Ocean's 12. A very clever film, I must say. Although I was dissapointed that it seemed more like a comedy than a.......whatever the genre is.

Quoting Shade32: I just got back from Ocean's 12. A very clever film, I must say. Although I was dissapointed that it seemed more like a comedy than a.......whatever the genre is.

Comedy/Crime Thriller.

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]Girlfriend let me borrow Zoolander. Funny movie and....bizarre.[/COLOR]

Posted by Night Owl

Hide and seek about a 7

Posted by Dexter

I just watched The Forgotten and Shall We Dance. Both were mediocre. I like dancing and I enjoyed watching the people get sucked into the sky. One of the most terrifying things throughout my life has been the fear of getting sucked up into the sky uncontrollably. I remember a dream I used to have continually through my life where I am going up alone in one of those giant hot air balloons and I can't stop it from going up. It just kept going up and I would just cry not knowing what to do, usually awaking before anything major transpires, warm and shaking. I also would have dreams where I would go up like a regular balloon.

Posted by Crazy K

Sharks Tail 7.8/10

A pretty good movie. I got some laughs out of it.

Posted by thelaststand

blade trinity- pretty good movie, it got straight 2 the pt. there was no messing around, full of action, id suggest going to see it

Posted by boomstick

Exorcist: The Beginning 6/10-I was never really a huge fan of the Exorcist, but this was an okay movie, it wasn't really all that interesting or scary, but overall an enjoyable horror flick, worth a rental.

Garden State 10/10-One of the best movies I've seen in along time, it's almost perfect and beatifully directed with great acting and a great mix of comedy and drama which few movies have ever been able to mix this successfully.
Definately my vote for the most underrated movie of 2004.

Posted by buddha

Spirited Away. a japanise animated movie that had me hooked.It was really creepy in parts and really funny in other parts and was highly original.It was very successful in japan and even though you need to read subtitles it rocked.Im 16 and i really liked it which is making me worry!

Verdict:9/10

Posted by Dexter

Quoting buddha: Im 16 and i really liked it which is making me worry!

I am 21 and I really like it.

I watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days again last night with a girlfriend of mine. Although I don't really care for such films, I do learn many directing and film secrets while observing closely. I think I have seen every Kate Hudson film. Almost Famous is probably my favorite of hers, although I really don't care for her performances.

Posted by PaintItBlack

I saw Constatine recently. Not a bad movie really, not nearly as cheesy as it looked in the commercials. 7/10.

Posted by Kyle Kratzer

I saw i robot, Boggyman, and Identity. Boggyman was kind of confusing though.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Last weekend I saw Hitch. Pretty funny and heart-warming love story. Got some chuckles out of it. 8/10

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Legally Blonde 1 and 2.

Pretty good movies. The best part is the fact that Reese Witherspoon is incredibly hot.

Feion

Posted by Saruman

Just Watched Finding Nemo. 9/10 Brilliant pixar animation movie.

There nothing like watching a fish parent try to find its young.

Posted by Dexter

Raise Your Voice and Catwoman.

Cats are so stylish. Halle Berry did a great job in her furry role. I went into this film comparing her performance to the likes of Lee Meriwether's and Michelle Pfeiffer's performances of Catwoman. I adored how her whip would give the illusion that it was her tail. The lighting was terrific, especially the fashion it placed Halle in. I probably have Kenneth Gimpelson and Charles Rose to thank for that, which was probably the best technical element of the film. From what I have seen (previews), Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow looks to have wonderful lighting methods in it. I will have to see that film sometime. I like films about characters having animal attributes or just a fascination for certain animals, much like Batman. It was enjoyable watching Halle's cat side take her over.

And Raise Your Voice. Hmm. The girl I get these movies from at the video store always giggles when she sees me come in, probably because we always argue over good/bad films (she has horrible taste). I wanted to see Napoleon Dynamite, but she looked for it and it wasn't in her little back-box, so I reached back and grabbed Raise Your Voice. She thought I was j/k with her. I told her I thought Sean McNamara was a funny director, but that just went over her head, like most of the things I say to her does. Well, this was by far Sean McNamara's best film, but that isn't saying much. It started out really good.

Posted by Crazy K

The Excorsist, The Beggining. 8/10

Actually this one was pretty good. There was some great acting and it was pretty good.

Although it was slow, it still was pretty good. It was kinda gory in a way. But still a good film.

Battle Royale. I managed to find a copy, and I must say, it's awesome. 9/10.

Posted by Crazy K

Harold And Kumar go to wight Castle. 7.9/10

this one was actually good, I thought it would suck, but it was quite funny.

Posted by Dexter

Amelie, Heartbreak Ridge, Fighting Temptation, Nemesis, and Shark Tale.

Amelie was amazing. I need to watch some of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's other material. I believe the only other film of his I have seen is Alien: Resurrection.

Posted by Nemesis

I rented Bourne Suprimacy. I watched it and enjoyed it. Mature audiences would really like it.Kind of like a realistic James Bond, if he was being chased by the police.I give it a 10/10

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]I went and saw Be Cool with my girlfriend last night. It was pretty good, there were some really funny parts in it. Just one thing though, dont these people in the movie lock their doors?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Crazy K

I watched Office Space today. 8/10.

Quoted post: I went and saw Be Cool with my girlfriend last night. It was pretty good, there were some really funny parts in it. Just one thing though, dont these people in the movie lock their doors?

That movie had no flow whatsoever. They tried to make it like Pulp Fiction and failed so bad. Nothing ended up making sense. Though the Rock was fantastic.

Napoleon Dynamite. Ugh. Can it get any worse?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Angelwing: Napoleon Dynamite. Ugh. Can it get any worse?

That's exactly my thoughts on that movie, it was so praised and won several Indepedent movie awards, by far, the most overrated movie of 2004 and, possibly, ever.

Posted by Pacifico

Just finished watching "Mars Attacks" it's probably one of the weirdest movies, because it's real lame, but at the same time, it defies greatness.

Posted by Crazy K

Flight Of the Phoenix-7.5/0

It was a pretty good movie. Acting was pretty darn good. I loved it. I heard it sucked so it took me a wile to rent it.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Constantine, which i am about 2/3 of the way done with. So far i give it 9/10

Posted by Jesse Smith

The Wizard, on DVD. If you don't have this movie, you are NOT a true Nintendo fan!!! 10/10

Posted by Dexter

Is it the German version, Jesse? I didn't think America had the DVD version yet? Any bonus material? I only have the video version. When did this happen?

The Big Clock.

It's an alright movie. A few bad actors. Nothing great.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Is it the German version, Jesse? I didn't think America had the DVD version yet? Any bonus material? I only have the video version. When did this happen?

It's a pirated version. No copyright is even listed on the case. I got it on eBay. No legal version has been made for the US.

Posted by William

Quoting Jesse Smith: The Wizard, on DVD. If you don't have this movie, you are NOT a true Nintendo fan!!! 10/10

I have that on VHS. Used to be one of my favorite movies when I was younger. :cool:

Recently...the last five movies I watched were...ordered by most recent first...

1) "Predator" - First time watching it, and I quite enjoyed it. Not as good as some people have made it out to be, but definitely a repeat watcher. 8/10

2) "Dragon Storm" - Last night on the Sci-Fi channel, this came on, and surprisingly...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did notice that the king was played by the same guy who plays Gimli in the Lord of the Rings trilogy...and he looks VERY similar to the professor from Sliders, so I'm thinking it's the same guy. Haha...8/10

3) "Dragon Fighter" - Basically, it was much better than I expected, but I REALLY hated how they kept splitting up the screen. It got annoying, fast. But overall, it was a good movie. Nothing I'd watch more than once though. 6/10

4) "Bloodsport" - I love any of Van ****e's movies, and I had never seen this one before, so I dragged it out from under the cabinet, after searching hours for it, and watched it. Most excellent. 9.5/10

5) "Desert Heat" - Another Van ****e movie - with a few spots of humour in it. This one was is probably one of my favorite Van ****e flicks. 10/10

Posted by boomstick

Hitch 7/10-Pretty average Romantic Comedy with some pretty funny, but nothing really that funny or that original, okay, overall.

Posted by Crazy K

The Incredibles - 9/10
This one was yet funny and cute at the same time. Except I dont like the fact that there was a girl that looked anorexic (not a good influence on kids who watch that stuff). Anyways was a great film for the whole fam.

Ladder 49 - 9.5/10
A great film. It was pretty sad.

Posted by Bubblez

League Of The Extraordinary Gentlemen - 6/10

Nice movie but nothing too special. I like the combination of different hero characters and I also like the effects like Nemo's ship.

Posted by boomstick

The Forgotten 5/10-Always felt like it was building up to something but never really got to the climax, good concept, though.

Mr. 3000 5/10-Didn't care too much for it, wasn't that bad, but I'm not much of a baseball person, so the comedy didn't really appeal to me all that much.

Posted by Crazy K

The Punisher - 9/10.

Marvel did really good on this film. I still think it had quite a bit of action in it. But I was very disapointed when people rated it a low score. (Not at VGC).

The acting was great and the fights scenes were great aswell. Im glad I bought it today because its one of my favorite marvel movies.

Posted by boomstick

Flight Of The Phoenix 7/10- Fairly decent film, had some good actors, but also suffered from some just plain bad ones, as well, worth a rental, but I wouldn't purchase it.

Troy 5/10-Overall, an okay movie, but I could personally never really get into it, it just wasn't interesting to me and it just seem to drag on way too long.

Sin City. Dear lord that movie is amazing in every way. Who knew something so cheesey could kick so much ***. And final, a movie that's actually faithful to the comics. 10/10

Posted by Mystic Hero

I just saw Hostage a few hours ago; I enjoyed it. A little violent, but it still had some good action and drama. Man the main character goes through some pretty rough ****.

Posted by bazariah

over the past few days i've watched all the elm street films, and freddy vs jason

i bought elm streets 1-5, freddys dead and new nightmare in a collection for

Posted by boomstick

Colleteral 6/10- Fairly decent movie, it just moves way too slow, I was barely able to keep up interest in it.

Posted by Project ShadowX

I watched Scary Movie 2 & The House on the Huanted Hill.

Posted by boomstick

The Ring Two 8/10- It was a fairly good movie, personally I found it to be of the same quality of the first.

Posted by Crazy K

I watched Troy for a little bit and it was quite boring. During the middle of the film I turned it off. 1/10 is all that movie gets.

Posted by Dexter

I got Million Dollar Baby yesterday and watched that again. Amazing film. Well worth going through the slight trouble of getting it before it is even released.

Posted by boomstick

Suspect Zero 8/10-Fairly good movie though it was a bit on the weird side.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I just saw Hero. Four words: Best Foreign Film EVER. It was actually something completely different than what I expected. It was a very beautiful movie in almost every way: the music, the fighting, the romance, the settings. Everything. 10/10. If you haven't seen this yet, GO SEE IT NOW OR SUFFER A VERY HORRID DEATH!

Posted by MapMan

Audition 10/10
Very disturbing movie.

Posted by Dexter

Elektra. I enjoyed the scene where Typhoid kissed Elektra. The way it was designed with the leaves and the music was gorgeous. I am still perplexed with the order of the treasures. Was it Typhoid, then Elektra, then Abby?

Posted by Klarth

Dawn of the dead. Absolute trash.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting Majesty: Dawn of the dead. Absolute trash.

Old one or new?

Posted by Crazy K

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind 9.5/10.
It was actually quite a great movie, I usually dont like movies like that but this one was pretty good.

Amittyville Horror (Regular) 5/10
I remember this one quite a bit. I saw it a week ago on a Starz channel and it really was not so great.

Amittyville Horror (Newer film) 6/10
It was very much better then the original but nothing to scary, I thought it could of been better, usually Michael Bay is a much of a better director then that, take Texas Chainsaw Massacre for example, it was such a great film.

Dead Birds 7.5/10
Actually this one was a very good horror flick. Much better then the Amittyville Horror.

Posted by Dexter

Shadow of a Doubt. Such simple tactics put into the making of this film, but it is done so well. The music can be quite distracting and pull you into expecting what is not to come, but it does really add to the intensity of the plot. I have finally found myself enjoying Alfred Hitchcock films. I am going to have to see all his films I never got to see before and try to make time to re-watch some of the ones I haven't seen for a long time, such as Dial M for Murder and Vertigo. It has been about 5 years since I last saw Psycho.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Old one or new?

New. Awful apart from the toplessness at the end.

Posted by Crazy K

House of Flying Dagers - 10/10
By far one of the most beautiful films I ever seen in a wile. Quite a good film with lots of action.

Meet the Fockers - 8.4/10
This one gave me tons of laughs, it was pretty good.

Posted by maian

Meet the Fockers: 6.5/10

It was funny, but they made it way too full of sexual innuendos to the point I stopped laughing.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Baseketball - 8/10

great return to form for David Zucker (who directed Naked Gun), and Trey Parker and Matt Stone fit the parts perfectly.

Back to the future part 2 - 8/10

just bought the dvd trilogy. If you watch it all as a trilogy its easily a 10/10!

Posted by Dexter

I watched Sideways and A Love Song for Bobby Long last night. I enjoyed both films. They were both nicely crafted. They had decent, interesting characters, too. I really do enjoy the more realistic films. I would say I liked Sideways more of the two. Rolfe Kent did an excellent job with the music.

Posted by Axis

The Terminal. It was very interesting and fun to watch. 9/10.

Posted by boomstick

Blade Trinity 5/10-Highly disappointed, personally I thought it was even worse than the second.

Posted by Crazy K

Darkness - 5/10.
This one really disapointed me. I thought it was ok but did not make me jump one bit, And I love being scared.

I watched about half of blade trininty and I thought it was ok besides the fact that that one guy from Van Wilder plays in it. And Triple H aint that great of an Actor aswell. But hopefully I will have my rating for it by tommarow.

Posted by Night Owl

Hostage 8/10

Amitty ville horror( or however u spell it) 9/10 it scared the sh!t outta me

Posted by SuperSoupy

Hitch - 7/10

I dont usually go for rom coms but as they go this wasnt bad. Its not as samey as he usual crap and will smith's always has a good screen presence.

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=Cyan]A Z U M I[/COLOR] She's only 16 or 17 I think and her sword fighting is strong and fast. The ultimate assassin. The only injury she gets in the whole movie is a man's blood splattered on her face. This girl is so superhuman she can survive in the ocean without a lifejacket. 9/10
Her floating in the ocean is why it's not 10/10.

Posted by Dexter

I watched Spanglish and After the Sunset. Neither of them really intrigued me. Spanglish experimented with a few things but I didn't think they worked very well. As for After the Sunset, I find those heist-type films quite dull and repetitive, besides perhaps the genius of the new Ocean films. I want to see Closer. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to do so tonight.

Posted by Project ShadowX

October Sky. I didn't have a choice but to watch it(class film).

Posted by Corrupt

I just finished up watching "Look Who's Talking Now" for the first time in years. Haha, I remember that I loved the entire series of those movies when I was a kid, and this film certainly brought back a lot of memories. Every line in the movie seemed so familiar, and I could almost predict exactly what would happen next... that's because I was in the midst of dusting off the memory I had of watching it when I was little.

Overall, I'd give it about a 7/10. Entertaining, but still not as good as the original "Look Who's Talking" or the second installment in the series, "Look Who's Talking Too."

Posted by SuperSoupy

The hithhilers guide to the galaxy - 7/ 10

Its not QUITE as funny as its all the hype's made it out to be, which is the only thing that holds this back. For a british film the effects are brilliant, easily matching anything Hollywood is throwing out, great casting. And although it's not as funny as I hoped it would be, it's definitely as clever and crazy, which is a mix difficult to pull off.

Great stuff. Roll on 'The Red Dwarf Movie'!!

Posted by Dexter

I watched Closer last night. Terrific cast. Perhaps the best performance I have ever seen from Natalie Portman and Clive Owen had a superb character to play.

Posted by Dandelion

Fever Pitch awhile ago..I give it a 7-10 -- Funny, but not great.

Going to see Hitchhikers Guide tonight ^_^

Hitchhicker's.

My friend was massively confused. Though he didn't read the book, which helps. It was quite good. As could as it could probably get. How can you take Adam's satirical writing style and convert it into a movie. It can't be done, and that's what it lacks. Still good though.

8/10.

Posted by Corrupt

Same here... I just saw Hitchhiker's earlier this evening, and I really liked it. Even though I hadn't even read the books before. (although I plan to very soon!)

It gets an 8.5/10 from me, anyway. Marvin was so cool.

Just finished watching The Incredibles. I had heard that it was pretty good, but I was doubtful. After watching it though, I'd have to say that I love it. I'll definitely be watching this one over again. I may even go out and purchase the DVD. 9.5/10.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Corrupt: Same here... I just saw Hitchhiker's earlier this evening, and I really liked it. Even though I hadn't even read the books before. (although I plan to very soon!)

It gets an 8.5/10 from me, anyway. Marvin was so cool.

Yep, just got back from wathcing it and I must say it was great. My rating is about the same as yours. It was still good though.:cool:

Posted by Crazy K

Blade Trinity - 8/10
It was ok but the second was better but the first was by far better then both.

Bad Boys 2 - 10/10
I can truly watch this film every time it is on. Great film with a lot of action. The same goes for the first film.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Just got home from seeing "King's Ransom".

Pretty good flick, but not worth seeing on the silver screen. I wish I would've just waited to rent it and saved myself $10.

Posted by Trigger

The last few movies I watched, almost one after the other was [url=http://www.clubmoulinrouge.com/]Moulin Rouge[/url] and [url=http://www.meangirlsmovie.com/]Mean Girls[/url].

Posted by Dandelion

Hitcher's Guide - 8.5

It was pretty good, but confusing at times.

Posted by Illyria110

i saw the amityville horror....2/10..for effort

Posted by Sean Fury

Saving Silverman 9/10 for Jack Black.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dandelion]Hitcher's Guide - 8.5

HitchHIKER's Guide. To The Galaxy. Raaaaaaaagh.

And I saw it last night and give it a nine

Posted by Trigger

I watched [url=http://thegreenmile.warnerbros.com/]The Green Mile[/url] last night, for the thousandth time. No matter how many times I see that movie, it always reduces me to tears by the end (and is the only movie to successfully make me cry!). Such an excellent movie.

Posted by sniper

Finally got around to seeing Sin City. GREAT movie. Very worthy of a 9/10.

Posted by Sean Fury

Queen of the Dam.ned: it gets two ratings...
Movie- 8/10 (Alliyah fu.cking sucks)
Movie Based on Book- 3/10, it didn't follow the book AT ALL. It sucked sucked sucked.

But as a movie it was good.

Posted by Dexter

I recently saw Dawn of the Dead and Sahara. Poor Pen

Posted by Sean Fury

the Matrix for the 30843258 time, on DVD. Still a 10/10.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I finally saw Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time.

It was pretty dang good, I must say. I had already seen the episode of South Park that mocks it plenty of times, so I kinda knew what was coming in a lot of it, but it was still awesome.

9/10

Posted by NightmareBassX

Constantine - 8/10 - Pretty cool.
Harry potter 3 - 8/10 - (I read the book when I was younger)

Posted by Sean Fury

The Ninth Gate. 9/10, awesome Johnny Depp movie.

Posted by boomstick

National Treasure 8/10-Pretty good treasure hunt movie, kinda reminded me of Indiana Jones without Nazis and Harrison Ford.

Posted by maian

National Treasure: 8.5/10

This movie featured good acting, a pretty good storyline, and was mixed with humor on a lot of the scenes, while still retaining the feel of the movie.

And yeah, it was Indiana Jones-esque in modern day. :cool:

Posted by Ch

Amittyville 3/10

Just like all these horror movies out today. All very predictable and none of the whiney people get killed.

Posted by Dexter

I watched House of Flying Daggers and Birth last night. House of Flying Daggers was wonderful, but I still prefer Hero, probably because it was the first of the two I saw. House of Flying Daggers was much like it, almost too much, but I suppose I didn't mind. I adored the music. There were times when I wanted to just close my eyes and take it all in. I wouldn't mind observing some of Yimou Zhang's previous films.

Posted by Apathetic

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, 8.
Kung Fu Hustle, 8, it stole a lot from other movies and had random stuff.

Posted by Sean Fury

I just finished Dude Where's My Car? on FX. Such a hilarious movie, and it never gets old, no matter how many times I watch it. 10/10

Yay for stoner comedies!

Posted by Dexter

Earthly Possessions. I watched it last night along with my fine wine. I got this film among several others in a box an acquaintance at school threw in my car. Stephen Dorff and Susan Sarandon just don't mix well, I suppose.

Posted by Sean Fury

Pulp Fiction: 10/10. Quentin Tarantino has got to be one of the best directors...ever.

Posted by Crazy K

sand Lot 2 - 1/10
I loved the first sand lot. I figured the newer film was going to suck. These kids were really bad at acting and it made me sick at how they acted.

Envy- 8/10
I saw it for the first time in my life last night and wow what a great film, quite funny aswell, but not one of the best films.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Kingdom of heaven: 10/10

I thought it was an excellent movie based on the Crusades during the Middle Ages. The battles were excellent. I especialy like the battle where Saladin tries to take down the fortress that leads into the Holy Land. The battle was great. They portrayed what it was likeduring the war well I thought and the action done in it was fantastic in my opinion. I enjoyed it a lot.

Posted by Sean Fury

The Cell: 9/10. The Cell, featuring Jennifer Lopez, is a very good and disturbing (yet awesome) movie. Many people dislike it, and I have no idea why. I loved the Cell, and thought it was terribly interesting how they could just go into people's minds, and they way they portrayed the mind of Carl Stargher (the killer and many other odd characters in the movie, also known as "that cockroach guy" from Men In Black. Ah well, if more people just watched it, they'd love: and it's also one of the very few movies I liked Jennifer Lopez in.

Posted by Crazy K

Garfield The Movie - 7.3/10
It was a great movie for all the kids out there, I got a couple of laughs off of it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

American Pie 2 - Still 10/10

This movie gets funnier every time I watch it. I just notice funny things that I didnt notice the first few times through.

I've seen about 40-50 times (not an exaggeration)

Posted by Bebop

Garden State
------------
It's not really a comedy like the box says. It is lighthearted and there are cmedy moments but I don't classify it as a comedy. It's heart warming and odd and has a romance element to it that develops during the film. You need to pay attention so I recommend just watching it by yourself on a quiet night.

Posted by Sean Fury

Meet the Parents: 9/10, for as funny as it is and as it gets throughout the movie, there's just some dry spots. But points for Deniro and Stiller.

Posted by deftdelivery

American Psycho 8/10

One badass movie.

Posted by Ch

I found my copy of "Office Space" the other night so I watched it. From all these years that movie never ceases to amaze me. It's one of those movies that provides soo many catch phrases. One movie I'll remember for my whole life. Def one of the best comedies out there. 10/10

The Hot Chick: This movie wasn't too great for Rob Schnider. Nothing too memorable. 3/10

National Lampoons Senior Trip: A movie I never got to see the rest of from when I was 6. I finished seeing it and i rate a 9/10. A great comedy.

Posted by Dexter

I saw Kingdom of Heaven after I had an adventure of my own this weekend. Epic films can be so much fun. I can't believe I recognized Edward Norton.

Posted by bazariah

today i watched both the ewoks: caravan of courage and ewoks: the battle for endor

both films brought back powerful childhood memories for me

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Baz! I haven't heard from you in forever!

Well, today, I watched Little Nicky, for probably the second time. It's still pretty dang cool, as are most Sandler flicks.

Posted by Nep0

American History X . 10 for 10 again.
Finally got ahold of it on DVD. Never gets old.

Been wanting to see Garden State for some odd reason, and Sandlot 2 just looks like an insult to my intelligence.

Posted by Dexter

I watched The Impostors last night. Alfred Molina and Steve Buscemi were superb. I would like to get around to watching Joe Gould's Secret sometime.

Posted by Dandelion

Currently watching The Incredibles, again. I've also seen this movie in Spanish. It's cute.
8/10

Posted by Prince Redon

Constantine- My second time to see it and still pretty good.
[8/10]

Kong Fu Hustle: It was a perfect action/comedy mixture, I haven't seen many of those that actually worked out this good.
[10/10]

Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy: This movie rocked my world. It was great, it kept me laughing throughout most of the movie.
[10/10]

Posted by Dexter

I finally watched The Big Kahuna (1999) last night staring Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito. The film was originally for the stage, which usually means it is going to be filled with interesting, enticing dialogue, which it was. Dinner with Friends and Hurlyburly (also with Kevin Spacey) are also really interesting when it comes to dialogue. Furthermore, check out just about any Woody Allen film!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dexter: I saw Kingdom of Heaven after I had an adventure of my own this weekend. Epic films can be so much fun. I can't believe I recognized Edward Norton.

Heh, yeah wasn't that an excellent film? It brought the Crusades to life. That film is one of my favorites right now. Truely well done indeed.:cool:

Posted by boomstick

White Noise 6/10-It started out pretty good, but after he started hearing his wife through the TV it became jumbled and confusing.

Amityville Horror(Remake) 6/10-Once again, started out good, but soon became fairly frantic, espically near the end, almost missed the Reverend's head.
And the ending was completely stupid, made no sense, at all.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Mystic Hero: Heh, yeah wasn't that an excellent film? It brought the Crusades to life. That film is one of my favorites right now. Truely well done indeed.:cool:

I did enjoy it. I was in the midst of writing a paper on Ridley Scott's work in film when I went to see it, so I was really scrutinizing it.

Posted by boomstick

Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason 7/10-Decent romance comedy

Posted by Sean Fury

In Dreams, 8/10; it was a pretty cool movie my girlfriend convinced me to buy, while at eB today, and although you have to pay attention to a lot of the movie to understand it all, it was still good. Thriller, if I'm not mistaken. Robert Downey rocks my socks.

Elf 8/10. Zooey Deschanel is supa hawt.

Posted by Dark

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Forgotten.

Posted by Sean Fury

The Crow, which definately gets a 10/10. One of my favorite movies ever =)

Posted by Nep0

Quoting Sean Fury: The Crow, which definately gets a 10/10. One of my favorite movies ever =)

Fuh-Kin-Aye.

Day After Tomorrow.
...6\10 ? Perhapse it needs a 2nd viewing...

The 13th Warrior. 6/10. It was alright. The cute viking helped matters a tad, otherwise it was a bit boring.

Posted by Crazy K

well I was home sick from school today.

National Treasure-8.7/10
It was a great film. The riddles in the film where quite good and thought out well. Great film for the hole family.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sean Fury: Robert Downey rocks my socks.

He was good in Wonder Boys. Annette Bening is superior, though, if only for her performances in The American President and American Beauty. I still need to see her in Being Julia.

I saw Monster-in-Law (blame the girls!), National Treasure, and The Phantom of the Opera (2004).

Posted by Crazy K

We were Soldiers - 9.5/10
what a great film. The action was great, the acting was well done. A pretty **** good movie. I am allways interested in seing a new war film, they are always gory and well done. I give props to Randal Wallace and Mel Gibson on this film.

Posted by Dexter

I watched Stage Beauty last night. The history behind this film interested me, since I studied it last session. Rupert Everett was most impressive.

Posted by Sean Fury

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith- 10/10

Oh. My. ***. This movie, was fuc.king awesome. The action, the romance, it was even funny! And it was 50 times more epic than even "Return of the King" (the LoTR movie). I'm definately going to have to go see it again, since I saw it at midnight last night and I know, I can pay more attention.

Posted by Dagoth Ur

5/10 Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy, it was good but not great

Quoted post: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith- 10/10

What he said.

Quoted post: 5/10 Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy, it was good but not great

That was so much better than a five.

Posted by Crazy K

White noise - 7/10
It was a great film with some good mystery into it, but it was not the best horror flick I seen, nontheless still a great movie.

The Devils Advocate - 7.5/10
This was an ok film, kinda boring for some time but still a great film.

Posted by Dark

Rambo: First Blood Part II (seems like a redundant title).

Posted by Hannibal King

The village 6/10, that stupid ending ruined it for me

Posted by Sean Fury

I watched Ed Wood today, starring Johnny Depp. Great black and white movie, but Ed Wood was so freaking weird, even with Depp in it, I can't give it above a 7/10.

I also watched a movie called Sixteen Candles; 7/10. It was good, but...I don't know, kinda depressing.

And lastly, I watched Saw (again), since I own it. 10/10 for this movie of course, I loved the major twist at the end, and the way the murderer tried to get his victims to change and stuff...too cool...

Posted by Ch

I just finished seeing Predator. Not for the first time but my first time in years. I give it a 10. That battle roar Arnold cries before he takes on Predator sends chills up my spine everytime I hear it.

Posted by boomstick

Alone In The Dark 3/10-Bad Story, Bad acting and a good video game license name, all the combination for complete crap

Phantom Of The Opera 10/10-Best **** musical ever, from beginning to end, a lovely movie and when the Phantom sung Music Of The Night, ***...breathtaking.

Posted by Dexter

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, The Village, The Life Aquatic, and Team America.

My Fair Lady would probably have to be my favorite musical.

Posted by Ch

I have just finished seeing Full Metal Jacket. I've seen this movie so many times, it's up on my top 10 All Time Favorites. Stanley Kubrick is an amazing director. Too bad he's dead.

Posted by Crazy K

I saw the last half of ***send (You really dont need to see the first half to understand it) - 6.5/10

It was an ok film, not the best but the way it went and the mystery to it was quite great.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Thirteen. Shocked a bit at how a 13 yr old can look like such a slut. If it was real or not didn't matter, I'm pretty sure similar things like that actually happen in real life. Thirteen's about a 13 yr old girl who wants to be "popular" and hangs out with the wrong crowd. At first I thought it was gonna be a regular angry teenage at mother movie, but it was. But it was so detailed at the same time that it was disturbing. I liked it to say the least.

Posted by Ant

Star Wars Episode III. I'm still not sure if it's my favorite...but I think it was after 4 days of reflection.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Dark Bulb 4.1]Thirteen. Shocked a bit at how a 13 yr old can look like such a slut. If it was real or not didn't matter, I'm pretty sure similar things like that actually happen in real life. Thirteen's about a 13 yr old girl who wants to be "popular" and hangs out with the wrong crowd. At first I thought it was gonna be a regular angry teenage at mother movie, but it was. But it was so detailed at the same time that it was disturbing. I liked it to say the least.

*Spoiler alert*

Yeah thats a great movie, it really captures what goes on in a 13 year old girls life. But not all girls will go in that direction (cutting themselves, or hanging out with the wrong crowd.) nontheless its a great film, I believe I rated that one a 9/10.

*END SPOILER*

anyways back on topic.

Are we there yet: 6/10

Just an average kids movie, but still gave me a couple laughs.

Posted by Dexter

I watched The Longest Yard and American Splendor.

Thirteen. I have wanted to watch that one since it came out. I somehow never get around to it. I will certainly have to put that on my list, perhaps for this next Wednesday.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Dexter: I watched The Longest Yard

How was the longest yard? I'm considering seeing it, because I love Adam Sandler... But I haven't heard anything about it yet...

Posted by Morag2

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith... There were two that I wanted to watch but the names elude me.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Fei-on Castor: How was the longest yard? I'm considering seeing it, because I love Adam Sandler... But I haven't heard anything about it yet...

I'm probably not the best to ask, since I am not too pleased by such comedies. If you are into those Adam Sandler films, then you will probably enjoy this. I liked him in Punch-Drunk Love. The group I went to The Longest Yard with enjoyed it immensely. I remember the original; I like it better. American Splendor was superior.

Posted by Crazy K

Up and Out - 6.5/10
*SPOILER ALERT*
Its about A teatcher. One of his students became famous and went to the oscars and won an award, and said that his teacher was gay. Later on this teacher guy (kevin Klien I believe) is going to marry his girlfriend but then turns around and says hes gay.
End Spoiler

Anyways it was a funny comedy. But it was not one of my favorites.

Team America - 9.5/10

Wow did I get tons of laughs out of this one. It was just so hilarious, the sex scene cracked me up so bad I nearly died.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Crazy K: Wow did I get tons of laughs out of this one. It was just so hilarious, the sex scene cracked me up so bad I nearly died.

That opening sequence was the best. The entire film was so wonderfully satirical, like most things from Matt Stone. I giggled at the little things pointed towards Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn, not to mention poor little Matt Damon!!

I watched Luc Besson's Nikita. I didn't find it as superb as [I]L

Posted by boomstick

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith 10/10-The force was strong with this one.

Posted by RandomizeR

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith 10/10
Team America World Police 8/10
National Treasure 8/10

Posted by Chronic

Star wars episode three revenge of the sith 9/10 :It was a really good movie but it would have been better if I diddnt play the game first because I allready knew the end. :(

Posted by Crazy K

Drive - 8/10
this film was quite good. It had a lot of great fighting scenes but there was some bad acting to it. But nonetheless it was still a great film.

Posted by Dexter

Connie and Carla. My Big Fat Greek Wedding was far superior.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Madagascar: 9/10

This was one of the funniest movies I have seen this year. The animation was done great and one of things I liked is how the pinguins tried to get to Antarctica and what they found when they got there. The limers also did some hillarious things. If you like hiallarious movies, check this one out. See what you think.

Posted by Dexter

Thirteen. Great film. These are the films I like; real stories about emotional episodes of life. I'm so glad my own younger sister never went through so much trouble during those years. How heartbreaking that would be. I actually figured out while watching this film that I have trouble caring about people in my life that go through similar things that make me sad and worry. It seems too difficult for me to care and love someone that is breaking my heart so tremendously. It seems like the easiest thing for me to do is neglect them altogether and not worry about their outcomes. Tell myself 'I don't care.' There are good and bad sides to this way of dealing with things. Many females get pulled into other people's problems, probably because they have more of a nurturing nature than males and can't help but care and worry for others....maybe I should be more like them?

Dear me, I could extend this contribution into 1,000 words easily, but I doubt I'll have a willing audience and this isn't really the place to discuss such things, I suppose. Films can strike up some interesting subjects.

I also watched 13 Going On 30. The 13 in each film is coincidence.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Team America - 9/10

Star Wars Ep.3 - 10/10

Mallrats - 10/10

Has anyone seen Clerks? cos I wanna know if its any good before I decide to see it.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting SuperSoupy: Has anyone seen Clerks? cos I wanna know if its any good before I decide to see it.

I have. I actually prefer it over Mallrats. Also, The Passion of the Clerks is on the way, and you should see the original before that comes out, right? Oh, but if you are into Kevin Smith films, don't forget Dogma, which is my favorite of his creations.

Posted by shortwavez

i just saw ocean's eleven. its pretty good. first one was better though. overall it got a few laughs out of me

Posted by Dexter

I watched Roommates last night. William H. Macy was a pleasant surprise and the communist thing was sort of amusing. I pretty much watched it for Julianne Moore and to see how they dealt with the plot of growing old and family legacy. I've seen that plot done better a few times. When it comes to the plot of growing old, Alexander Payne owned it with About Schmidt. Gary David Goldberg had a few moments with his film Dad, but it still felt weak.

Posted by Crazy K

A Bucket Of Blood - 6.5/10

Its an old classic horror flick we watched in school for exams.

SPOILER START

It was about a slow bus boy who accidentally kills a cat then makes the cat into a clay statue, then later on kills people and makes more statues. Its not really a great film. But nontheless it was an ok horror flick. I guess.

SPOILER DONE

Posted by boomstick

Boggeyman 6/10-Decent, but for the most part, I was especting a bit more.

Team America 8/10-Funny stuff, espically the explict sex scene between those two puppets, I laughed liked crazy at that, as well as the songs.

"America, **** Yeah, Time to save the Mother****ing day..."

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting Dexter: Oh, but if you are into Kevin Smith films, don't forget Dogma

Yeah Dogma's my fave Kevin Smith film. Saw some more films:

Alladin - 9/10 (aah the days when disney did 2D animation, and did it well)

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting boomstick:
Team America 8/10-Funny stuff, espically the explict sex scene between those two puppets, I laughed liked crazy at that, as well as the songs.

"America, **** Yeah, Time to save the Mother****ing day..."

All together now 'MAAAAAAAT DAAAMON'

Oh yeah, Boyz N The Hood - 10/10 (i never get tired of this, brilliant filmmaking)

Posted by Killjoy

Puppetmaster 10/10
(i love all the puppetmaster movies)

Posted by Bebop

Sin City
--------
Awesome. Totally impressed. Went in with a negative view but came out with big grin on face.

Posted by Dexter

Charles Shyer's Alfie (sweet scooter!) and Being Julia. I found Alfie more interesting, even though I have seen prior versions to the story, including a really cool version I had the pleasure of watching on stage. Maybe that is why I enjoyed this one, because I had the opportunity to compare.

*excited*

The Machinist comes out today! I've been waiting for that film to arrive. Christian Bale is superb, as well as my favorite actor. I was going to take a little trip tonight but I might just have to postpone it until after I watch this film. Also, Batman Begins should be hitting theaters this coming up weekend, and I'm excited to see Bale in that one, as well. He'll certainly be the best Batman yet.

Posted by Crazy K

Be cool - 7/10
I thought it was going to be better. The beginning I thought was kinda boring, barely made me laugh until the end. Nontheless still a great movie.

The Seed Of Chucky - 8.5/10
This one was quite funny. I laughed quite a bit to this one. I love all the chucky movies quite a bit, and they had some funny parts, but since they pushed this one to be more comedic then horrific, it was great.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Saturday Night Fever - 9/10

My girlfriend loves to make me watch oldies all the time, it's the reason why i've become such a movie buff myself. Anyways, it's the movie about the Brooklyn kid who dons the white tux and becomes king of the dance floor, you all know it. If you haven't seen it, check it out. This movie is cool, and so was disco.

Most memorable line:

"You almost broke my pussy finger!"[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeratul

Army of Darkness, 9/10 a great movie in my opinion. Really funny too.

Posted by Crazy K

Spider-Man 2 - 9/10
By far one of the best Hero movies I seen in a wile. Yet I did see this one before I had to watch it again.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The Longest Yard 10/10

Freaking funny as all hell. Seriously, one of my favorite Sandler flicks. Right up there with Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. Tracy Morgan plays an excellent crossdresser.

Posted by maian

Notting Hill

9/10

I thought it was a funny movie. The characters in general were good, and it had an interesting story. I want that "I LOVE BLOOD" shirt. :cool:

Posted by Crazy K

Assasins - 8.5/10
Its a great action flick with Selvester Stalone, and Antonio Banderas, its actually pretty good.

Set it off - 9.5/10
This is one great drama, that I have enjoyed everytime I seen it. A pretty good film indeed.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I work at a drive-in theatre and got Madagascar/Fever Pitch Wizard of Oz/Napolean Dynomite today. MADAGASCAR WAS PACKED!!!

I saw Madagascar 8/10
and Napolean 9.99/10 (I have seen it several times before ;))

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=Indigo]SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW[/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]8/10[/COLOR]
I rented the DVD movie and noticed the 1930's fashion - clothes, city biuldings, movie theatre and vehicles. Colour of the movie was not true-to-life, sort of colour you would see from a comic book. The mechanical robots are not supposed to look like the robots in [COLOR=Magenta]I ROBOT[/COLOR]. The lady photographer should get rid of her camera, it might get her killed one day - like the scene where she almost gets stomped on by the robot's foot as she reaches for her camera in the drain. A decent scifi action I've seen this week.

Posted by Max Mouse

Spider-Man 2 - 8/10 Yeah, this is my favorite Super Hero.

Posted by Caryatid

Lords of Dogtown-10/10. A great movie, AND they're all hot. Unfreakingbelievably hot.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Sin City - 10/10

Forget Spider-man, forget The Mask, THIS is the best and most faithful comic-book adaptation to date!

Posted by Axis

Cinderella Man. My favorite movie of the year.

9.6/10.

Harry Potter 3

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: Harry Potter 3

You fag.

That was the last movie I saw too :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

PRISONER OF ASSKABAN, JEEZ

Last movies

Team America - 7/10 It was funny, but some things were overdone. And somethings just seemed out of place, that were supposed to be funny, and weren't. Especially the vomit scene. But the speech in the end, was well worth it.

Boogeyman 2/10 By far one of the most hyped movies, and one of the worst. Not only did I expect more, but wanted to be scared. This movie was so boring, and I had to pause so that maybe I would be interested later on. It had a good concept I guess, but holy **** did this movie suck complete ***. I am glad it was just a rental.

Posted by Crazy K

Lady killers - 7.5/10
A really funny movie, I still think its quite funny after wathching it twice. :)

Posted by Mixhael

"The Fly", the 1986 remake with Jeff Goldblum.

Remember when Gina Davis was hot? No, you don't.

Posted by thelaststand

Amytivlle Horror, it was a pretty good horror compared to all the other ones that have been coming out, but thats still not saying a whole lot, 7/10

Posted by Crazy K

Assault on Precint 13 - 8/10
A pretty good action movie about cops hunting down cops. :)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Mixhael: "The Fly", the 1986 remake with Jeff Goldblum.

Remember when Gina Davis was hot? No, you don't.

I thought she was hot in "Earth chicks are easy"

anywho, I just saw Mr and Mrs Smith. It was good.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The Sweetest Thing 9/10

Funny as hell, IMO. I freaking love those kind of movies, y'know, American Pie type movies. With that gross comedy that only a teenage male can enjoy?

Posted by Crazy K

Boogyman - 4.7/10
really disapointing. I wanted to see scary but I saw crappy. Anyways it was I guess sorta good in a way. The end where they showed the boogy man was the best but thats not saying much. :(

Posted by boomstick

Are you there, yet? 5/10-Okay little comedy, but nothing anything special.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Dogma - 8/10

My favorite Kevin Smith comedy, which i must've just seen for the three hundred and seventh time. The irony known as religion takes center stage in this movie about a woman who finds out that she is the ancestor of Jesus, and has been given a duty by G[COLOR=Yellow]o[/COLOR]d to stop a pair of wandering former-angels from entering a church in New Jersey or else it's the end of humanity as we know it, GENIUS! Kevin Smith proves with this film that religion can be hillarious and in some cases downright ridiculous, i mean, why believe scientist's theory of the universe's evolution known as the "Big Bang" if instead you can believe the tale of two naked people and a snake known as Adam and Eve, right?

Most memorable lines:

"Hey, you know, fu** you man. Any moron with a pack of matches can light a fire. Raining down sulfur is like an endurance trial. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in . . . next to soccer."

"They hate me more than you, no doubt. At least you have an excuse. You're Jewish. You don't know any better."
[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The Longest Yard. I liked it.... 8.5/10. I want to go see Land of the Dead now.

Posted by Axis

Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I had some problems with the movie but overall it was pretty good. 8.8/10.

Posted by Crazy K

Anger Managment - 8.9/10

A pretty good comedy that I never get tired watching.

*Edit*

A Dirty Shame - 6.5/10
A comedy with Tracey Ulman and Johnny Knoxville. It was ok but extrememly stupid, and corny.

Hitch - 8/10
A pretty good comedy that I really enjoyed.I probably wont watch it again.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Batman Begins - 9/10

You can't expect every super-hero movie to be great, especially when examples like Spiderman and X-men have already set the standards so high for the rest. Cristopher Nolan didn't set out to outdo the original 2 Batman film which Tim Burton did so well, but he did, by filling in the timeline missing from the original film featuring Bruce Wayne's early life which is arguably the most important to us fans.

Cristopher Bale does a well enough job of portraying Batman for fans to accept him as Bruce's new face. It's hard to say he is the best since Michael Keaton's shoes are hard to fill, but you know what. . . he is. Now, some may say that Ra's Al Ghul and the Scarecrow are strange villain picks for the first Batman film, but if you think about it, it's not hard to see that they are the perfect choices. If you're telling the story of Batman's origins, when he was still green and vulnerable, who else can you cast as villains other than the man who turned Bruce Wayne from coward to hero, and the only villain who has ever exploited Batman's biggest fears.

Baman Begins is everything i hoped for and more, Cristopher Nolan trusts that the audience will be patient with the script by taking his time to narrate the story of Bruce Wayne, and i'm glad he did, along with the theme of fear pasted all over it.

Most memorable line:

"I'm Batman":D[/COLOR]

Posted by hey

Batman Beyond 10/10

Blows the other batman movies out of the water.

Quoted post: Batman Beyond 10/10

Get out you ****ing *** (unless you actually mean the Batman Beyond movie, which sucked.)

Batman Begins. 10/10

Posted by maian

Batman Begins

8.5/10

I liked it. It had good chracter development, and explained a lot, with good acting.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Big Fish - 3/10

Had some interesting characters, and a few funny parts, but I f*cking hate Tim Burton's weird *** imagination. His movies rarely make sense.

Quoted post: Had some interesting characters, and a few funny parts, but I f*cking hate Tim Burton's weird *** imagination. His movies rarely make sense.

The movie made quite a bit of sense actually. As do most...

Posted by Pacifico

Batman Begins- 8.0/10

A good movie in my opinion. It delivered a very good backround on how Batman came to be and I admire how they revised the story in this movie. I still wish Micheal Keaton would have played Batman though , regardless of Christian Bale's (Batman) well done performance.

Posted by Crazy K

A Bronx tale - 9.5/10

*Spoiler*

A great mob type of a movie. Its about a boy who grows up by mod bosses. He then falls in love with a African American girl. His friends hate the Africans and Try to kill them, but they get killed. Anyways a pretty good movie.

Posted by William

Last movies I saw were...

Resident Evil Apocalypse - 7/10
Not that bad of a movie, but it could've been better. I really didn't like the person playing Jill either.

Spiderman 2 - 10/10
Excellent movie, and even better than the first. Before I saw it, I thought it wasn't going to live up to it's hype, but it certainly did. I loved it and cannot wait until Spiderman 3.

Darkness - 7/10
It started out really slow and at first, I was just going to stop watching it, but it did start to get better...and by the end, I was finding myself getting into the movie. Ending was brilliant by the way.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Very Bad Things - 6/10

Dark comedy about a man (Jon Favreou) days away from getting married who is pressured by a friend (Christian Slater) into going to Las Vegas for a bachelor party with their best friends. Things go sour in Vegas when one of the guys accidently kills a hooker, and minutes later another kills a security guard who finds out about the crime they had just committed. At request of Christian Slater's character's request they decide that the only option they have is to bury the bodies and try to forget the horrific ordeal. Needless to say, things only get a lot more complicated from that point on, as mistrust grows upon the group, leading to characters getting killed one by one.

Although this is a comedy, at times the movie takes itself too seriously with long, thoughful conversations followed by quick humorous moments to remind you that you are indeed watching a comedy after all. Jon Favreau, Christian Slater and Cameron Diaz keep the movie interesting long enough to wanna find out what happens in end.

Most Memorable Lines:

"Allow me to be the first to say that what we have done here is not a good thing, it is clearly not a good thing, but given the situation it was the right thing to do."

"She can't be jewish Michael, she's asian, they have no jews in Asia. . . right?"[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

A Dirty Shame 6/10-Pretty funny and perverted comedy from John Waters, though I was surprised a the spmewhat low level of nudity for such a perverted and shameless movie, it was rated NC-17 after all, either way, good rental.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I just got through watching From Hell. I almost watched it once before when my friends and I went to an OTO meeting in Houston and were invited for a movie night of sorts. We thought it was laughable that they had a movie night, so we never went. Anyway, the movie was great and I now understand why they were going to show it. What with the Freemasons and the occult themes. All in all I thought the movie was pretty good and an interesting take on the Jack the Ripper case.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Batman Begins: 9/10.

The acting was good and they made Scarecrow as insane as he was in the cartoon. The new Bat Mobile looked really cool too. The action was great and overall it was done very nicely.

Posted by boomstick

The Machinist 8/10-It was pretty good, good acting and a good mystery type story that unreaveled pretty well at the end.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Batman Begins - 8/10

Ace film, the only superhero movie I know of that is actually realistic. Directing captures the moment, and David Goyer's writing is spot on. Proves to pieces of crud like Spider-man 2 that it's not flashy CGI that make a good film!

Posted by boomstick

The Life 6/10-Much different and educational look at prostitution then usual, but still a pretty average film.

Posted by Pacifico

National Treasure: 7.0/10

This was a good movie. The story is what made it worth watching. It's a shame Disney doesn't come out with movies like this and Pirates of the Caribbean more often.

Posted by Crazy K

The Jacket - 8.5/10

The film was quite good indeed. The acting was top notch and the mystery to the film was quite good aswell. A very good film.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith 9.5/10

It was a very excellent film but it started off slow.

Batman Begins 9/10

It too was a very good film.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Men in Black - 8/10

Still one of my favorite comedies about a secret agency that deals with extraterrestials and the usual giant psychotic alien cockroaches every now and then, while keeping everything under wraps. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones' chemistry is the best part of the movie, i couldn't imagine the cast being anyone but them. If you like Will Smith's humor and you love Tommy Lee Jones' sense of irony, then you'll be laughing from start to finish.

Most Memorable Line:

"This definitely rates about a 9.0 in my weird s[COLOR=Yellow]h[/COLOR]it-o-meter"[/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

Suspect Zero - 7.5/10
Was pretty good. The mistery to the movie is what kept me watching. The movie was not the best but I liked how the movie played out.

Spoiler.........

The movie is about this cop named Thomas Mackelway. Thomas is sent from Dallas To what I believe is New Mexico or Arizona. Thomas is trying to catch a killer known as Suspect Zero. Later on in the movie Thomas finds out that a man named Ben O'ryan is the Suspect Zero, but he does not think he kills good people. O'ryan kills bad people who kill people themselves. Well O'ryan can see a crime before its even done, or wile its being done. Near the end Thomas gets caught by O'ryan. The Killers abduct kids then kills them. O'ryan shows Thomas where this killer is. The Killer drives a black semi. So they go to this killers house.

They see him pull up to his house, he drives away, then they chase him. After the semi and car both tip over, Thomas charges after the killer. Then Thomas's partner shows up. Thomas tells her that the kid is in the Semi's trailer. She saves the kid. Thomas kills the killer, then O'ryan wants Thomas to kill him. Thomas say no and all this bull ****. So O'ryan had to find a way to die, so he pulls his knife out and Thomas's partner kills him. The end.

Posted by boomstick

Cursed 6/10-It was decent and it's amazing to see anything more than mediocre come from Wes Craven and I realized that Christiana Ricci can't really act a character to good unless they're depressed.

Posted by Axis

Batman Begins -- 9.2/10. Very happy with it.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]I just watched 50 First Dates on HBO and it was pretty good, I'd give it a 8/10.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Bewitched 7/10

Steve Carrell was excellent, though. 10/10 for his performance.

Posted by Dark

Mr & Mrs. Smith- 9/10 just because I thought it was funny and there was lots of action.

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]I just watched the Candyman, very strange and disturbing. -9/10[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Hostage 8/10-Good movie with good acting, but there were times when the movie tried to be emotional, but fell flat.

The Pacifier 6/10-Pretty funny, but it's old concept that I've seen done much better before

Posted by Crazy K

Blow - 9.5/10
A pretty good film on George Jung (biggest Drug dealer that the US has ever seen) Sad though he has to live his life in prison until 2015.

The Pacifier - 4/10
Not really to funny for me. I thought Vin Deasel was stupid for doing a Disney movie. But thats just my opinion.

Electra - 6/10
Really disapointing. Action was quite rare in this one.

Posted by Creature

Um.... Lets see her.... The Longest Yard, Batman Begins, Starwars Episode 9 and, Mr. and Ms. Smith maybe tomorro.

Posted by boomstick

War Of The Worlds 9/10-Very good and well done movie, it didn't really take any wrong turns or anything, but I've seen so many Alien take over the world movies even the greatest ones seem to have some of the shine taken out.

Posted by Illyria110

star wars episode III -9/10
mr. and mrs. smith -5/10
batman begins -9.5/10
war of the worlds -8/10

Posted by coromoro

I just watched War of the Worlds, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I particularly liked the ending. 8.5/10 :cool:

Posted by Ant

Quoting Crazy K: The Pacifier - 4/10
Not really to funny for me. I thought Vin Deasel was stupid for doing a Disney movie. But thats just my opinion.

Vin Diesel* would do nothing that would make him look bad. I demand you retrack your statement.

Posted by BurningDemonX

I recently watched Cyber Seduction on TV with my girlfriend, I'd personally give it a 2/10, but she seemed to like it a lot.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting coromoro: I just watched War of the Worlds, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I particularly liked the ending. 8.5/10 :cool:

I hated the ending, it was all like "wow they died and we're not telling you why!11!one"

It was okay, but absolutely underdeveloped in as many ways as possible. I'll give it a 6.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Richaod: I hated the ending, it was all like "wow they died and we're not telling you why!11!one"

Read the book. They died due to Earth's hostile environment.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Richaod: I hated the ending, it was all like "wow they died and we're not telling you why!11!one"

It tells you plainly why they died, did you even bother to listen to the narrator at the end?

Oh fuc[i]k, I just read the ending to War Of The Worlds.

Well, my girlfriend will be pis[i]sed that I know already.

Posted by Crazy K

Hostage - 8.5/10

A pretty good action film. there was quite a bit of Action and all that. But not the best film Bruce Willis has done.

Posted by Ch

I saw The Terminal for the first time earlier this week. I actually think it was one of the best movies I've seen. Tom Hanks is a great actor. 10/10

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]War of the Worlds - 7/10

When you're getting ready to see a Steven Spielberg film, it's hard to go in with a negative mentality, knowing that you won't be at all dissapointed. Even before the movie starts, you begin to think of good things to say about Steven's latest masterpiece. I was sure it would be the same with WotW, but halfway through it i realized i was watching something so cliche and mostly unoriginal, that i had to rethink most of the good things i was going to say about this movie. If you've seen Signs, Independence Day and Mars Attacks, then this movie will show you nothing new.

Tom Cruise's character, who's life is already bad enough as it is(being divorced, having a low paying job, and two kids who hate him), is placed in the middle of an unthinkable situation when aliens piloting gigantic machines known as tripods (which look an awfully lot like the robots from Half-Life 2) decide the take over the world and exterminate the human race. The selling point of the film is the "end of human life" theme, we know that around the globe people are being annhialated, and an intergalactic battle is being fought. But since the movie focuses on Tom Cruise and his 2 kids, you can't help but feel like you're missing out on the best and more exciting parts. Not to say that focusing the story of world domination on a single family and how they cope with the situation psychologically isn't interesting, but i've already seen it done in Signs, which is were this particular alien movie fails.*MINOR SPOILER*I was also very dissapointed with the alien design. Spielberg did a great job heightening the anticipation of seeing what the aliens looked by not showing them during any previews before, i was so eager to see them. And once they made their debut on the screen, i was sad to see that they looked not that different from the ones seen in Independence Day.

On the positive side, the special effects are unbelievable, and everyone in the cast dish out great performances, especially Dakota Fanning who is turning out to be the new Haley Joel Osmont at ther age. The size of these mechanical robots feels scarily realistic and accurate, every step they take is felt as they shake the ground, coupled with the terrifying screech they make right before striking down with their seemingly unstoppable laser beam. The ending is also the best and most probable i've seen from an alien invasion film yet.

A pointless note, but this is the second film i've seen this summer with a main female character named Rachel, who later in the film gets into trouble, causing the main lead character to lose it and yell out RAAACHELLL! in a desperate manner.

Most memorable line:

You know what you're problem is?

No, but i can think of a couple of women who'd be happy to tell ya.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Richaod

Quoting boomstick: It tells you plainly why they died, did you even bother to listen to the narrator at the end?

I recall seeing the bacteria again, and expecting something to be said about them, but all I heard was something about having to earn one's place in the world to live there.

Meh, does it matter? It was a mediocre film at best, not one I'd want to see again.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Richaod: I recall seeing the bacteria again, and expecting something to be said about them, but all I heard was something about having to earn one's place in the world to live there.

[COLOR=Yellow]It means that through millions of years of evolution humans have earned the right to live and call Earth their home, and nobody can take that away. You can't just expect to take over and inhabit a planet you haven't been in a million years. That's the one thing the aliens failed to realize, and in effect foiled their plans[/COLOR]

Posted by FavoJavo

Sharkboy and Lavagirl -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
**** it sucked

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=FavoJavo]Sharkboy and Lavagirl -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
**** it sucked

And you watched it?

Hide and Go Seek - 7.5/10

The movie was pretty good. But the movie dragged on a little bit. But the mistery was I guess okay. But I knew who "charlie" really was.. ... After Spike T.V. showed the sneak preview...

*"SPOILER"* Charlie was Robert Deniro... wows..

Posted by boomstick

Hide And Seek 7/10-Decent suspense movie with good acting, but relied to much on cheap scares and was pretty predictable.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Die Hard - 10/10 - I love these old 80s action movies. The heroes are so cool, and you know, they're good movies!

Die Harder - 9/10 - Excellent picture, but no Alan Rickman. He made the first one as awesome as it was in a lot of ways. Those 80s movies had incredibly cunning villians to boot. They were just slightly less cunning than the hero, which is why they lose.

I'll be watching Die Hard with a Vengence tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

Oh, and that guy from Family Matters is in them. He's cool.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Jackie Brown - 5/10

The least known and least popular movie directed by Quentin Tarantino, and for good reason. For a casual movie watcher, Jackie Brown is an interesting crime flick with plot twists every 5 minutes (no kidding), and will probably miss out on the fact that it is actually an homage to the cult classic "Foxy Brown" and Pam Grier who also stars in JB.

Quentin's style of directing is all over this movie like it was in Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and is later seen in Kill Bill, but what those movies had that this one doesn't is an interesting plot and lacks that certain "something" that keeps you watching. In lame terms it's just boring, and the all star-cast (Samuel Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Michael Keaton, Chris Tucker)do little to carry a movie that doesn't know what direction it wants to go in. For example, Robert DeNiro is in more than 50% of the scenes in the movie, and in 90% of them he is either watching T.V or getting high. The rest of the cast's performances aren't too great either, it's like Quenting's famous friends just showed up to star in his movie and didn't really bother to put much effort into their acting. If it wasn't for Samuel Jackson and Miss. Pam Grier herself i would have fallen asleep halfway through it.

It has it's fair share of great moments though, like every Tarantino film should, and do i even need to mention that it has an awesome soundtrack? Just for those few moments here and there it might be worth watching if you're a fan.

Most Memorable Line:
"My a[COLOR=Yellow]s[/COLOR]s may be dumb, but I ain't no dumbass."[/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

Full Clip - 0.0001/10

My god. Xzibit, and Busta Rhymes, cannot act whatso ever. Very stupid indeed. Its about a guy named Pope (last name) who comes back to inherit money from his father. But many things happen that loop him into bad events. Why cant rappers,pop artists, etc stick to their music. Complete crap.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Crazy K: Full Clip - 0.0001/10

My god. Xzibit, and Busta Rhymes, cannot act whatso ever.

[COLOR=Yellow]No, they can't, but Busta Rhymes was pretty funny in "Shaft" nonetheless.[/COLOR]

Posted by cullenr

Quoting Vampiro: You must be kidding me.
that moi

Posted by boomstick

Million Dollar Baby 10/10-It does nothing wrong, great acting and directing, believeable dialouge and fight scenes, humor here and there, great emotion, everything that makes a good movie great done flawlessly.

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]I just went to the theaters at 2:45 and saw Fantastic Four. Pretty good, though there was an annoying kid who wouldn't shut up. Once I turned around and yelled at him he went real quiet...and went on about 15 minutes later. ...Stupid dumbass kid..-8/10[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Dispite the mediocre reviews for it, I was really a fan of War Of The Worlds. Perhaps it was the company, and just having my girlfriend there, but I thought it was suspenseful at times, but the sotry could have used a lot more. It seemed quite linear. I would consider seeing it again, but I would sooner see Tim Burton's Charlie And The Chocolate factory.

Posted by Illyria110

I just finished watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. One of my all time favorite movies. Definitely a 10/10.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Last movie I watched was....
...The Great Escape, on AMC.

From what I saw, it was an ok movie.

6/10

Posted by Dexter

I saw Bride & Prejudice last night, finally. I remember I was attempting to see it in theaters but never got the opportunity. It was truly a delightful treat. I would like to work with Gurinder Chadha someday. If you liked Bend It Like Beckham, you should certainly check this film out. It was a bright, fun musical. The songs are still stuck in my head.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Dexter: Bride & Prejudice

isn't it supposed to be "P"ride?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting MetalVox~55: isn't it supposed to be "P"ride?

Nah, this is the Bollywood version.

And let's not forget Snide and Prejudice! *oscar*

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

I saw a movie plagued with plotholes. Props go out to whoever guesses what it is.

Hostage: Fun to watch, good action, good acting by Bruce, et cetera. Eight outta ten.

Posted by Stranger

War of The Worlds and MR and Mrs Smith both sucked

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Not terrible, but certainly no where near as good as the original.

Also, they left out the part where they have to burp to sink away from that fan thing. The best part of the movie, in my opinion.

Freaking Tim Burton.

The Jacket

Not bad. Overall a good movie. 7.8.

Posted by boomstick

Toolbox Murders 5.5/10-It was an okay B flick to begin with, but it just got stupider and stupider as it progressed

Posted by Mixhael

Dawn of the Dead (original) & Dawn of the Dead (remake)

Both good enough to recommend, but the original was a lot more creepy for me. I liked the editing for the remake which made it as concise as possible, unlike the original (motorcycle gang plot seemed tacked on). Overall, the original is better, but both movies are good on their own.

Posted by Ch

Wedding Crashers.

It wasn't that great and it wasn't memorable.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I disagree. I just got back from seeing Wedding Crashers, and I thought it was f*cking incredible. Excellent film, by my book.

Meh, what do I know?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fei-on: Also, they left out the part where they have to burp to sink away from that fan thing. The best part of the movie, in my opinion.

Sounds to me like Burton's version pays better attention to the book than the original. I alwyas disliked the burping thing because itw as just randomly thrown in to make up time and seemed so childish.

Posted by Ch

Today I sat myself down and Watched 3 movies.

Swingers: This is one of the best movies I've ever seen.The plot is about a man in his mid 20's who moves to Los Angeles from New York to help him deal with the recent breakup of his girlfriend of 6 years. The guy (Jon Faverou) doesn't know how to cope and get on with his life so his best freinds help him become smooth so he can meet women.

Friday: This is another classic in my book. I didn't know Ice Cube was this good at acting. It's about two freinds who live in South Central Los Angeles and just hang out and watch life happen. They get into trouble with a dope dealer. One of the funniest movies ever.

Anchorman: Eh not to memorable except for one line: "San Diego... it is German for "A Whales Vagina""

Posted by Crazy K

The Notebook - 9/10

I had nothing better to do, so I sat down to watch this movie. It was quite emotional and was quite good.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Masuyo T3h Ninja: I saw a movie plagued with plotholes. Props go out to whoever guesses what it is.

I can think of plenty of films that can easily fall into such a scene.

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wedding Crashers (Rachel McAdams owned), and Unleashed, which was my favorite out of the three. I enjoy a film more when I understand how the creators work and notice their signatures. Luc Besson is the sort of guy who writes about some psychologically messed up individual who is usually a female (Nikita, The Fifth Element, The Messenger), and I figured it out while watching Unleashed. I also watched Smoke Signals again a few days ago. It was definitely worthy of another viewing.

Posted by RUDE DOGG

I SAW THE LONGEST YARD I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY FUNNY I'LL GIVE IT A 10

Posted by Crazy K

Get Down - 9/10

A pretty good movie about a guy stuck in a tree because a gang is trying to kick his ***. It is a pretty good Drama.

EDIT: 7/21/2005

Constatine - 7/10

I thought this one was going to be action packed, but it was average, not the best but ok. There was not that much action in it. Nontheless, it was still a good movie.

EDIT: 7/22/2005

Million Dollar Baby - 10/10

One hell of a good directed drama. Quite sad and very well acted. It did drag on during some parts, but nontheless is was one of the best movies ever and one of my favorites.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Can't Hardly Wait (1998) - 7/10

The teenage comedy of the the 90's, which came out at a time when i was still in high school and for my generation this was our equivalent of Animal House and The Breakfast Club. The lives of many teenage kids are changed forever in a single hillarious night.

The multicharacter cast includes personalities almost everyone could relate to. There's the mild-mannered main character Preston (Ethan Embry) who's decided to finally confess his love to Amanda (Jennifer Love Hewitt), who just happens to be the most popular girl in school. Then you have your typical drunken jock Mike Dexter "I'll kick everyone's a[COLOR=Yellow]s[/COLOR]s in this room!", and the geek with plans to finally get his revenge on Mike. Finally there's the white rapper-wannabe who thinks he's black (Seth Green) who just wants to get laid and dishes out the funniest lines in the movie "Yo, I'm just pausin' while those two hos over there scratch it out over who gets to knock the boots with me! You know what i'm saying?"

I wish there were more movies like this. The last two great high school comedies i've seen were American Pie and Mean Girls, but neither of them captured the high school experience as well as this one did. It's a dumb concept but done in a way we could all identify with.

Most Memorable Line:
"I'm a total loser! I broke up with the hottest girl in school, all my friends sold me out. . . someone out there called me a FAG!"[/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orcid - 8/10

Actually a good movie. I thought this one would suck compared to the first anaconda movie but it was actually pretty good.

Shaun Of The Dead - 9.5/10

By far one of my favorite comedies of all time. Pretty **** funny indeed.

Posted by Ch

I saw Office Space again yesterday. 10/10 This is the best cult comedy ever.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The Island 9/10

A pretty freaking good movie, and Scarlet Johansen is pretty freaking hot. I recommend checking it out.

I got back from ye ol' family reunion a couple of hours ago and watched Thumb Wars.

[url=http://www.vbulletin.com] [/url]

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange] I just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(the new one) Willy Wonka was a bit wierd, but the movie was pretty funny and it turned out to be good. 8/10 -Interesting fact: Johnny Depp says he modeled his character after Michael Jackson.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Pit

Hey, I know what movie I didn't see, and that was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Quoting Pit: Hey, I know what movie I didn't see, and that was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Hey, I heard Sean Fury did, did you ask him?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Hey, I heard Sean Fury did, did you ask him?

I see what you did there.

Quoting Pit: I see what you did there.

[COLOR=BLUE]Ub4r Fantum RAWR:[/COLOR] I dunno
[COLOR=BLUE]Ub4r Fantum RAWR:[/COLOR] it's a hilarious thing to say

I just got done watching Team America: World Police. Lol

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: I just got done watching Team America: World Police. Lol

"There are three types of people in the world...."

I'd post the rest, but I get screwed for being NSFW.

Posted by veritas

I saw the Fantastic Four. It wasn't good. The actions seens were short. And there was only 2 action scenes. Mr. Fantastic looks like a douche. He looks like bob sagat. There is gonna be a sequel. It will be definitley better

Posted by Illyria110

I watched 'The Gift' last night. It was pretty good, the acting was great, but the storyline lacked and it was a bit predictable. 7.5/10

Posted by boomstick

XXX State Of The Union 6/10- It wasn't as bad as I'd heard, but it was still pretty average, at best.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=boomstick]XXX State Of The Union 6/10- It wasn't as bad as I'd heard, but it was still pretty average, at best.

I agree aswell. I just saw it and it aint to bad actually. But I hated the fact that Xzibit was in it, but thank goodness he was not in the hole entire film.

XXX: State of the Union - 6/10

It was a good action film, but the first film was much more better.

Posted by Illyria110

Shakespeare in Love. Wow, all around great flick, I recommend 10/10.

Posted by boomstick

Diary Of A Mad Black Woman 7.5/10-Not what I was expecting by any means, but still pretty good.

Posted by Bebop

Platoon. Awesome 10/10 After seeing that I've taken a new light to Speccy's move to bootcamp

Posted by Crazy K

Shaun Of the Dead - 10/10

I just love this movie. I saw it like 4 times already and I still like the film. Maybe one of these days they will make a sequel to Shaun Of the Dead or something.

BarberShop 2 - 6.5/10

Not the best movie I seen with Ice Cube, it was sorta funny at times, but was still kinda boring.

Collateral - 9/10

Posted by El Capitan

I saw Fantastic 4, I was surprised by how good it was. 8/10

Posted by MetalVox~55

Wedding Crashers. holy ****, it was funny.

Posted by Arczu

Domestic Disturbance

This movie really stayed with me big time. I was convinced that the child's father was going to be killed. This is an original movie.

I'm not sure how far back it begins, but I started watching when the main kid, hiding in the lower-back of the car, sees his stepfather kill someone while in the car, then pulling his corpse out and into a giant furnace. Kid goes to the police as soon as he goes to someone else's house. Nobody believes him but his real father at first, and friction builds between the wife and husband. Then the Stepfather sets up blackmail for the kid. It just gets more intese as you watch.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I saw The Island, for the second time.

Still awesome, but I definitely won't be there for a third. I can tell the third time will not be good because on the second trip, I got remarkably bored during the non-action scenes. Hell, with SWE3:RotS, I've seen it 8 times so far, and it's still not boring (I'll probably see it a 9th and 10th).

At any rate, I encourage you to go see the Island. It's a good movie, and Scarlet Johansen is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, she's got a leg up above Jessica Alba because on top of being beautiful, Johansen can actually act. Unlike Alba. Who can't.

Posted by boomstick

Guess Who? 8/10-Wasn't really expecting anything much, but it was pretty good.

Posted by Borealis

I can't honestly recall what I lastly watched - but I'm going to watch The Lord of The Rings as soon as I install the VCR on my television.

Posted by Crazy K

Free - 6/10

Its about a guy who's girlfriend breaks up with him, and he tries to find another love with the help of his best friend.

Posted by Crazy K

Sin City - 10/10

This one is by far my most favorite Comic book related film. I love the action in this one and the gore aswell.

Four Brothers - 9/10

I just saw this film yesterday and wow what a great film. The movie was quite good and it had quite a bit of action.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Ray - 8/10

Jamie Foxx has really impressed me with his many talents which include but are not limited to stand-up comedy, acting, dancing, singing, and even piano playing (yes, that was actually him playing the piano in the movie). The movie kept up at an interesting pace, especially during scenes depicting where Ray Charles got the inspiration for some of his most popular songs. Sadly it was also dull and boring sometimes but the great acting more than makes up for it. Google "performance of a lifetime" and you'll see a picture of Jamie Foxx in Ray.

Most Memorable Line:

"I don't care what you call me, man, just as long as my name is on the record."[/COLOR]

Posted by maian

XXX: State of the Union ~ 2/10

A horrible attempt at trying to please an audience with some of the most horrid acting I've seen, complete with bad lines and trying to be cool by making Ice Cube a hardcore gangsta thug with a bad attitude!

Posted by Crazy K

I also Saw Ray a few days ago, and wow what a great film. I give it a 9/10

Posted by Bebop

Shawshank Redemption

10/10

Posted by Azusa

Steamboy. *7.5/10*

I got a tad slow at times, but the amount of detail that was put into the artwork kept me entertained. It was interesting, but Akira was better.

Posted by boomstick

Garden State 10/10

Posted by Ch

I saw The 40 Year Old Virgin yesterday night and I was EXTREMELY pleased with it. It's going down as one of my favorite comedy movies ever which is a hard list to make.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Some movie about about conjoined twins. the best part was when the black guy was takin' the siamese twins to the hospital and was like "see here yo, I got dez two brotha's. And dey are all togetha and all. No, see you dun undastand. I mean, dey are TOGETHA!"

Posted by Crazy K

Skipped Parts - 6/10

Its about a boy and a girl who are in the 60's and dont know a thing about sex and they do it and they end up having a baby at the age of 14. Had some funny parts.

Quoted post: Some movie about about conjoined twins. the best part was when the black guy was takin' the siamese twins to the hospital and was like "see here yo, I got dez two brotha's. And dey are all togetha and all. No, see you dun undastand. I mean, dey are TOGETHA!"

Stuck On You?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I decided to watch Lord of the Rings on my DVD player yesterday. I watched the whole triolgy because I had nothig better to do. Yeah overall an excellent movie series. 10/10.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Stuck On You?

it might have been. it was kinda funny though.

Posted by Crazy K

Mean Creek - 8/10

Its about a boy who gets beat up by this over weight guy (george), and he asks his brother and friends to do a joke on him. The joke was to strip him down and make him run home naked (on a boat trip). But after George finds out about the joke he gets all ****ed and starts making fun of all the guys on the boat. And he goes to far with one of the guys on the boat and gets pusshed off the boat, then he drowns.

The Ring 2 - 8/10

I actually thought this one was pretty good. Much better then the first. And It had some good parts to it.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Transporter 2 10/10

This movie had me hooked the moment it started. Pure action through out the whole film none stop. This guy is kind of like a white Jackie Chan with all the crazy stunts he pulls off and the way he would fight a gang of guys off. I loved the scene where he used a fire hose to beat about four or five guys up.

Posted by boomstick

One Hour Photo 7/10-Pretty decent, but I never thought Robin Williams could be so creepy.

Ong-Bak: Quite the amazing movie. I was in awe during some of the fight scenes. 9.5/10

Kung-Fu Hustle: Great movie, and suprising funny. Though, the CG was pretty horrible. 8.8/10

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Kung-Fu Hustle: Great movie, and suprising funny. Though, the CG was pretty horrible. 8.8/10

I think the CG is suppose to add to the Looney Tunes type comedy.

Posted by Ch

I saw Transporter 2 yesterday. I don't like cheesy movies that much. 3/10

Posted by thelaststand

red eye mmm it was decent 5/10

Quoted post: I think the CG is suppose to add to the Looney Tunes type comedy.

In only ONE scene. However, when the two Axe Gang members grab their guns (where Donut rips them out of their hands with a pole), you notice some really bad CG. The gun flips in the guys hand and actually goes through it. Or when the peice of rock flys into the guys door, once again really bad. Both of those parts should have nothing to do with a "looney toons" effect.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: In only ONE scene. However, when the two Axe Gang members grab their guns (where Donut rips them out of their hands with a pole), you notice some really bad CG. The gun flips in the guys hand and actually goes through it. Or when the peice of rock flys into the guys door, once again really bad. Both of those parts should have nothing to do with a "looney toons" effect.

Geez, it was only an observation.

Posted by Random

I got to see The Transporter 2. Sweet *** movie. Worth seeing. Go on.. See it.. of course it has it's Rambo moments which tend to kill a movie, but it's still a really good movie.

Quoted post: Geez, it was only an observation.

Sorry if that came off badly... I didn't actually mean it to sound harsh or anything.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Sorry if that came off badly... I didn't actually mean it to sound harsh or anything.

I know, I was just kidding.:)

Anywho,

Kong Pow: Enter The Fist 8.5/10-Such a funny, funny movie.

Posted by Lord of Spam

family Guy, cuz im a pirate.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Kung-Fu Hustle on DVD, bitch! :P

Best unrealistic fighting movie ever; even better than Matrix.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Quite funny. Definitely worth the trip to the theater.

Quoting Lord of Spam: family Guy, cuz im a pirate.

Old news.

Anyway, I saw Broken Flowers last night, and found that it was pretty good.

Bad ending, somewhat, but still a good movie.

It gets and Eight out of Ten.

Posted by boomstick

Sahara 7.5/10-Pretty decent adventure type movie, reminded me of National Treasure.

5/10 for The Pacifier. I've never liked Vin Diesel that much, and the movie was overall pretty boring. Not enough action and the such.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Old news

How do you figure that a movie which hasn't been released is old news?

Quoted post: How do you figure that a movie which hasn't been released is old news?

the whole "omg i pirated Family Guy" issue is old.

Posted by Klarth

Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last week. Distinctly Tim Burton, distinctly Roald Dahl. I give it a seven due to silly inconsistencies.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Starsky and Hutch: 9/10

This movie had me laughing so many times. I never get tired of watching it.

Posted by boomstick

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy 7.5/10-Pretty good and good humor, but overall not a fantastic film, but still worth a rental(Note: Never read books)

Posted by Xero

The last movie I saw was Monter in Law. With jennifer lopez. It was funny and not too long. I enjoyed it.

Posted by ExoXile

FF VII: AC.

Posted by Xero

Oh yeah! Was it a good movie?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I'm watching "The Terminal" at the moment. I seen it before, but it's just such a great movie.

Posted by Richaod

Just watched Team America on DVD. Had its moments, but it's really, really overrated.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Wicked Sushi: I'm watching "The Terminal" at the moment. I seen it before, but it's just such a great movie.

Yah I love the actor that played in this movie.

Posted by boomstick

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 8/10- I'm not too big a fan of the game, but I was surprised it was a pretty good movie.

Posted by Xero

Was it better than the last FF movie?

My brother watched Shark tales yesterday, and I watched it with him...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Flame ghost: Was it better than the last FF movie?

Hellmuthaf*ck yeah it was:)

I loved FF7, and this movie was freaking sweet, but I'll be spoiling absolutely none of it. This movie is a sure buy for me... Jeez, I wish it was coming out in theaters.

Posted by Xero

I usually dont buy movies. Why? Because you just rent it and thats fine. Like you wont see the movie 15 times, so renting for me is fine.

Posted by Crazy K

The Longest Yard - 9/10

Wow did I crack up to this one. It was funny, but yet not the funniest film by Adam Sandler, but nontheless its still a good film.

Posted by Xero

Longest yard was funny. I like Adam Sandlers.

Posted by Subtle Minority

Just Like Heaven, Max the Magician and the Legend of the Rings, and James and the Giant Peach. Funn stuff ..

Posted by Xero

James and the giant peach...Thats an old movie...

Posted by Caryatid

I saw Corpse Bride last night. It was really good.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Lord Of War, it's my new favourite movie. It was fantastic.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Caryatid: I saw Corpse Bride last night. It was really good.

Yeah I heard it was good. Cant wait to see it.

Posted by Richaod

The Dune miniseries. It was okay - although literally every single character had issues with their age, they were either too old or too young. The fairly low budget was visible. :(

William Hurt wasn't very good either.

Posted by Xero

I saw the oldest james Bond movie once, Dr.NO and I found it pretty fun to watch. Then I saw gold finger the 2nd movie. Has anybody else seen them?

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Caryatid: I saw Corpse Bride last night. It was really good.

Indeed. The movie surpassed my original expectations; I was expecting it to be pretty good, but not really good. I especially loved the grim noir-esque aura that surrounded the movie, as well as the animation. The different personalities of all the characters (whether they played a large role or not) were also very enjoyable.

Overall, it gets a solid 9/10 from me. I would definitely like to see it again.

Posted by Klarth

I want to check Corpse Bride out, simply because I liked the animation in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I saw Advent Children last night. I'm not really an FF7 fan, but it gets a ten.

Posted by Crazy K

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 9.5/10

I just got done watching this one, and oh wow what a great film it was. Made me laugh just a tad bit during some funny parts:), and also made me sad:( during some sad parts.

It is now one of my favorite movies of all time.

Posted by lanzer

very rarely i watch foreign movies but tonight my friend showed me a movie called "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War" it was a sweet movie but sad as well and it wasn't one of those cheap ones either. i don't wanna ruin the plot but basically its about these 2 brothers who get forced into the Korean war and start to become enemies. my opinion if you're bored and want to see a war movie watch this it was just released in the USA now undubbed (thank god!) and with English subs.
http://aznfilms.com/product_info.php/products_id/1406

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - 9.8/10

I lmao'd the whole way through. ****ing hilarious.

Serenity again. Still a Ten out of Ten.

I'm going to see it once more in about an hour.

Posted by boomstick

High Tenson 7/10- Pretty good thriller/slasher flick, but way too many plotholes when the movie concluded.

Posted by FullMetal

[COLOR=darkred]Corpse Brid is all I've seen this week and it was interesting.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#8b0000]Best animater goes too... Tim Burton!![/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

American History X - 9/10

A really great movie about racism and hate.

Posted by Mystic Hero

The Greatest Game Ever Played. 9.5/10

Truely an excellent movie about a kid that wanted to fulfill his his dream of playing golf and just make his father proud of him of what he was trying to accomplish.

A Lot Like Love - I was actually a bit surprised with this one. I remember seeing comercials for it and it had looked terrible. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the adds made it out to be. I guess I'd give it a 7/10.

Posted by Dexter

I didn't care for A Lot Like Love. I thought Fever Pitch was better, but that's not saying much. I might go see Elizabethtown after school today, for I am interested in watching that. Cameron Crowe has his moments and it has been about 4 years since his last film (Vanilla Sky).

I've been watching a few films lately, but one of the ones that I feel is worth recommending is A Simple Plan. Sam Raimi did perhaps his best job and Billy Bob Thornton really surprised me. I also watched Steamboy, but that didn't offer much. It was really disappointing, actually. Metropolis and Akira were better.

Where’s Howl's Moving Castle?

Posted by Shin-Ra

I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show for the hundredth time the other day and I bought Gummo three days ago. Both are good, though there is an obvious lack of Tim Curry in Gummo.

Posted by Crazy K

unleashed - 6.5/10

An overall good film with some action to it, noting to go gaga over but still a good film.

Oldboy - 10/10

Simply awesome...

Posted by Klarth

I'm watching Corpse Bride right now. Current scene: Victor gets his dog back.

Great so far.

SOILER WARNING ****!

Posted by Klarth

Oops.

I hope I didn't soil it for anybody.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Stewie Griffon: The Untold Story. ****ing great. I laughed my *** off at this movie at several parts. 10/10

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Again another funny movie. It's funnier when you watch it high. 9/10

Posted by boomstick

Land Of The Dead 8/10-Gotta love those Unrated Director's Cut to see how the movie should be shown.

gah, I haven't seen the DC version yet, how much extra stuff is shown?

Posted by veritas

The Untold Story of Stewie Griffin. That movie was pretty funny.

Stewie: Hey look. You're gonna miss it, You're gonna miss it.

8/10

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: gah, I haven't seen the DC version yet, how much extra stuff is shown?

Quite a bit or more gore mostly, but it just seems to have more of that Romero-ish feel that way, IMO.

Ah, excellent. I'll definitely have to check it out.

Posted by misogenie

Quoting Crazy K: unleashed - 6.5/10

An overall good film with some action to it, noting to go gaga over but still a good film.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="3"]I saw the words in a TV ad "His best film ever". After reading your comment, I think I would rent the movie on dvd at the video store instead of going to the cinema. If the movie had the Matrix camera spiral tricks of Jet Li's fight with the enemy:eek: , it would definitely be a must-see movie.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

Batman Begins - 10/10 *SPOILER ALERT*

The best batman film to date by far. I was kinda disapointed that the Scare crow did not trully fight Batman, but oh well. I cant wate for the next film. They gave us an easy clue to the end of this film, the Joker card was that clue, so we now know for sure that there will be another Batman film. :)

Quoted post: I was kinda disapointed that the Scare crow did not trully fight Batman, but oh well.

He rarely fights him in the comic or the animated series. That's not his speciality.

Posted by boomstick

Batman Begins 10/10-Whoa, bought the 2-disc Deluxe Edition, great movie, definately worth it, the original Batman 2-disc Special Edition is next on list...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting boomstick: the original Batman 2-disc Special Edition is next on list...

I seriously doubt that.

I watched Saw and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants the other days. Sisterhood was a great film. I enjoy it when they don’t underestimate what kids go through. Thirteen, White Oleander, and Sisterhood are all terrific films that I would recommend.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Gummo - Great movie. You watch it once... and you have to watch it 10,000 more times. The soundtrack has Burzum and Mortician on it too, which is always a plus in my book.

Doom - Eh. I thought it was worth the time, but only the time spent watching it once. I'll never see it again.

Domino - Excellent movie! Highly recommended. I'm buying it on dvd as soon as it comes out.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: I seriously doubt that.

What do you mean, didn't like the first Batman movie?

Posted by Dexter

Matters which one you consider the first Batman film. I was thinking you meant Tim's 1989 version. There are older Batman films. I recently watched the 1966 version again. Amusing. I believe there is a 1943 version, but I've yet to see that one. I don't know much about it, actually. It might be a bunch of little Batman episodes put together in a film form.

Batman Begins needed more Cillian Murphy and less Katie Holmes. I hope Scarecrow returns for the sequel to Batman Begins. I want to see him develop more.

Old TV show Batman isnt Batman. His movies don't count.

Quoted post: Batman Begins needed more Cillian Murphy and less Katie Holmes.

God yes.

Posted by Dexter

I just saw Cillian Murphy in Red Eye. Cillian certainly takes the best villain of 2005 award.

Haven't had a chance to see it, but I've heard he really adds a ton of character to the movie.

Though, if it wasn't for his features and expressions, he would lack what makes him a great villian.

Posted by Crazy K

House Of Wax - 8/10

I thought this one was going to turn out horrible, but I was completly fooled. It was acted well, Except of couse Paris Hilton is no good. This one is a good movie, go out and atleast rent it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: Matters which one you consider the first Batman film. I was thinking you meant Tim's 1989 version. There are older Batman films. I recently watched the 1966 version again. Amusing. I believe there is a 1943 version, but I've yet to see that one. I don't know much about it, actually. It might be a bunch of little Batman episodes put together in a film form.

Batman Begins needed more Cillian Murphy and less Katie Holmes. I hope Scarecrow returns for the sequel to Batman Begins. I want to see him develop more.

Well, I meant Burton's Batman, to most it's considered the first actually adoption, since the 1960s Adam West show was just a spoof show for the most part, but I'd never heard of a 1943 version, so no idea.

I doubt we'll see Scarecrow, I believe Nolan said that either Joker or Two-Face or a combination of the two for the sequel, though it's still a ways off, so it may change.

Posted by Crazy K

Bewitched - 7.5/10

This one was actually pretty **** funny. Both I and my bro laughed like crazy, mainly because of Will Ferrel. Anyways It was kinda boring, but yet very funny.

Posted by Crazy K

Devils Rejects - 6/10

It was an ok movie, but it was quite boring, and it had some horrible acting. And the effects where extremely cheesey. But it was funny, witch is why I kept watching it.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 7/10

It was a ok movie, nothing special. Kinda stupid. And besides all that, the classic wins over this newer one anyday.

Posted by Dexter

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were ridiculous.

I gave Jersey Girl another viewing. I liked it much better this time. Looking forward to The Passion of the Clerks.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Dexter]Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were ridiculous.

Yeah it was quite rediculous. It had no chance of beating the orignal movie.

Longest Yard (Again) - 9/10

I just love this one. This one is one of my favorites mainly because it has many pro wrestlers in it (Stone Cold, Kevin Nash, and Goldberg.) who actually did not do so bad at acting. Although Goldberg and Stone Cold are not really good at acting the movie was still good. Anyways an overall funny movie, that I plan on seing again one of these days in the future.

Posted by Xero

Last movie I saw was harry potter and the goblet of fire.

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Harry Potter and the Gobletof Fire 9/10

A great movie way better than the last. The acting was ok not too great though.

Posted by Crazy K

Skeleton Key - 8/10.

It was an ok movie, nothing entirely special. But I did find it quite good, but I basically guessed the hole movie before it ended.

Bewitched ~ I'm not even going to bother rating this one. I couldn't sit through more than half of it (I'm surprised I watched it for the amount of time I did).

Posted by Crazy K

The Dukes of Hazzards - 7.5/10

This one was well okay, but I lost respect for the creator of this film for putting it in present day, instead of the 70's. But oh well.

The Fantastic Four - 6/10

Not what I was expecting. I thought this film was going to be atleast good, but I got mad at the end because of how they defeated doom. I know they could of done much better.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

chronicles of narnia- 9/10

Posted by Crazy K

40 year old virgin - 8/10

I just loved this movie, it was just hilarious. I was in some ways disapointed by it, but the funny factor made me like this film.

Sling Blade - 9/10

I cant believe I never watched this film before. Billy Bob Thorton is great in this film. At time it was funny, and times it was kinda sad in a way.

Posted by Moogs

King Kong 9/10

This was a great movie... a must see. The only reason it didn't get a perfect ten was because there were a few boring parts.Also, it was a little bit lengthy. Overall excellent movie.

Saw II 8/10

Excellent movie. A lot of gore and blood, of course ;). I do believe this one was better than the first.

Posted by Axis

King Kong -- 7/10. What the hell was this? This sucked.

King Kong

Wasn't as great as I expected. And what the **** was with the begining? So boring. It wasn't until an hour in where things started to get good. Plus, the movie was way to long and Kong was too small. I'd still give it an eight out of ten though.

Posted by Richaod

While in England, I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Chronicles of Narnia. The former, like the other Harry Potter movies, felt a bit rushed and didn't explain things thoroughly enough, but it was still enjoyable.

There were two things I didn't like about Narnia; the fairytale-like storyline (which I don't blame the movie-makers for) and the dodgy action sequences. The movie obviously needed a PG rating, so it wasn't Lord of the Rings-like action, it was "I beat you down with my sword and you suffer invisible wounds"-style stuff. The movie did work though; maybe I'm just too elitist/old.

Posted by Trigger

Whilst in Sydney I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Birdcage, Napoleon Dynamite, Team America: World Police and The Secret Window; I had also watched Fight Club whilst there, but I had seen that before, anyway.

In the past week I have seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (one of my favourite movies), Legally Blonde, Legally Blonde 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life. All of these, except the Harry Potter one, I had seen before.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Richaod:
There were two things I didn't like about Narnia; the fairytale-like storyline (which I don't blame the movie-makers for) and the dodgy action sequences. The movie obviously needed a PG rating, so it wasn't Lord of the Rings-like action, it was "I beat you down with my sword and you suffer invisible wounds"-style stuff. The movie did work though; maybe I'm just too elitist/old.

probably the former. Many adults enjoyed it.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: probably the former. Many adults enjoyed it.

Many were probably annoyed by the action and lack of explanations, but still enjoyed it. Hey, I didn't even complain about the Christian themes.

Posted by Crazy K

The Island - 8/10

I saw part most of the film, and from what I had seen it was okay.

Bad News Bears - 5/10

I absolutly hated this film. It had horrible acting. The movie was somewhat funny but thats all that kept me watching this crappy film.

High Tension - 8/10

I saw this film and loved it, tons of gore and all that, it was very short but it was still a good film.

Posted by Moogs

The 40 Year Old Virgin 8/10

Great Comedy.

The Outsiders 10/10

Great Movie. I have read the book twice and never seen the movie. It was an excellent movie. It stayed true to the book.

Posted by Corrupt

"The Belly of the Beast" - 6.5/10

I was flipping through the channels and came across this movie on USA. I was bored, so I decided to watch it and see where it went. It's pretty much your generic action flick, complete with all the gun/sword fight scenes and martial arts action. There's even the classic "protagonist's sidekick dies at end of movie from sword/gunshot wound oh no" bit. However, it was enough to hold my interest for a couple of hours, and I must say; the Thailand scenery in the movie was beautiful, especially the monastery in which half the movie took place. And the voodoo master at the end was also pretty badass.

Overall, it was all right. I don't think I'd really want to watch it a second time, though.

Posted by Shade

Yours, Mine and Ours
6.5/10

Meh, it had some funny parts, but it wasn't that great. It also seemed really short.

Posted by Crazy K

I almost forgot.....

Cinerella Man - 9.5/10

I actually like this film. It was well acted and the boxing scenes were well done. I still like Million Dollar baby more. :)

Posted by boomstick

Excorism Of Emily Rose 7.5/10- Pretty good, espically liked the way it showed both ways it could've been instead of being one sided, but the acting was pretty bad and overall just didn't seem to suck me in the way I hoped.

I just saw Cinerella Man. It was a great movie. I give it a 9/10 :D

Posted by Moogs

The Skeleton Key 6/10

Disappointing Ending

Cry Wolf 8/10

Good Movie. Yet another disappointing Ending.

Posted by Crazy K

The Wild Ride - 5.5/10

Not really a great movie, Jack Nicholson played in this 1960 movie, that was only 60 min long, and it was kinda boring for me. There was also a lot of horribly bad acted parts.

I saw King Kong last week and I must say, this movie was superb.--- 9.5/10
It was better than what I expected :D. The only problem was the movie was a bit too long. 3 hours and 7 minutes to be exact. But overall it was a great movie ^_^.

Posted by nich

I got some DVDs for christmas, all good, NO! Great.

Batman Begins- Best comic book movie ever. Scarecrow let me down though, I was expecting something along the lines of the 90's television cartoon version, still an interesting take on him. I've never seen Gotham look so dark and so, you know, Gothamy. 9/10

War of the Worlds- I thought it was really well done, it stayed true to the original story, and the acting was really good. Especially Dakota Fanning. Theres a good sense of urgency and panic and even though the ending is a little slow it was clever enough to be appreciated. 9/10

Kung Fu Hustle- whoooo. I effin love this movie. It's obviously a parody of a wuxia movie (Hero) but in a way I liked it better than a true wuxia. The fact that it's not english makes it even better. The special effects were amazing and the sort of comic book style fits so well. 10/10

Posted by Crazy K

Excorcism of Emily rose - 5/10

This movie was just plain dumb, Not at all scary. This movie had very little scary scenes and when they did they were not even scary.

Shaun of the Dead - 9/10

I love this film, I can never get enough of it. Its still hilarious after watching it a few times already, im so glad I bought it.

Posted by Mystic Hero

King Kong 10/10

I must say this was an excellent Kong movie. They really brought out the primal beast in King Kong. The scenes where he fought off the dinosaurs were awesome making him seem like the true king of the jungle. I enjoyed this film a lot.

Posted by Crazy K

Serenity - 9/10

This one started out badly I think the actors sucked in the beggining but somehow they ended up great throughout the rest of the film. I really did think this one was going to suck, but I was wrong.

Cry Wolf - 6.5/10

It had a good plot but I was disapointed in the end. But I did find it somewhat good.

Yet again Shaun of the Dead - 9.5/10

Posted by Stalolin

Kingdom of Heaven

9/10

I started out thinking this movie would be for religion. The main character certainly proved me wrong. He was an awesome guy though, caring more about the people than the will of a God.

Posted by Crazy K

Weading Crashers - 7.5/10

An overall good movie. I did find it quite funny, but some parts I thought were dumb.

The Great Raid - 9/10

Its a great movie in my opinion. Not the best Army movie that I ever seen but its got a lot of action.

Posted by GameMiestro

King Kong 7/10- Many of the same comment's as Mystic Hero. It's better than average, but the characters are not very memorable.

Posted by Axis

Fun With Dick and Jane - 9/10. I want those voice distortion things they had.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

King Kong - Absolutely 10/10. Film of the year, loved it *rants*

Serenity - 6/10... if that. I absolutley HATE how this move is laid out. I'm sure it works for Firefly, but the humour and the seriousness of this plot did not gel with me at all. Sod it - 4.5/10.

DVD:

Sin City - 8/10, very impressive. I especially liked how everything tied together, and Mickey Rourke just is Marv.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I just rented two movies.
Valiant - 8/10
Mr.3000 - 7/10

Posted by NFSMW6

king kong 10/10 gosh that movie is so long
and
rumor has it 7/10

Posted by Xero

Fun with dick and jane, really funny :D

I'll be going to see Brokeback Mountain on Friday, or possibly tomorrow night. Shall post what I think here.

Posted by Xero

My parents went to see it. Apparently its a really good movie. Think you'll be enjoying it. Thought I'd tell you that...

Oh, I'm sure I'll enjoy it - it's been recommended to me by about six people who I all deem to have excellent taste in films, even though one of them was the one who told me to watch Serenity. This should prove whether he redeems himself.

Really, though, I usually like any movie if I get to watch it in peace and quiet. The only two movies that that applies to that I've absolutely HATED in the last few years were Serenity, and Donnie Darko. Everything else, I can like.

Funny, that.

Posted by Xero

Well I'll be the 7th to recommend you this movie then ;)

I like movies that have action and a few blabla scenes. I remember these disney movies...god they were annoying with all the songs and the love all the time...

They're meant for little kids... what do you expect? Gratuitous sex and gore?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: They're meant for little kids... what do you expect? Gratuitous sex and gore?

No but the kid will also get bored if the movie has no...suspence no? Like kids go "yark" when they see kisses on movies and they leave in the middle of the movie when its blabla. My sister always does that.

Posted by Xeal

Shaun of the Dead 9/10

The way the zombies looked = win