RPG Maker 2000

Posted by Jon of iPwn

Is anyone here familar and comfortable with using this program? I downloaded it the other day while awaiting RPG Maker 3 to be delevired to my house, and I'm really liking it. I've been following a popular FAQ on the internet, but it doesn't go into much detail on some things that are over my head...

I head a guy on the net help me with switches...Since I tried to make events that would only happen once but they kept happening infinite times (so you could open the same treasure chest 100 times and keep getting the treasure)...haha

So I was wondering if anyone else could help me or if you know of some good guides, or you can just give me some advice...

The one guy taught me how to use switches but I dont undertand them exactly.. I also don't know how to make story events in the game, like if I wanted to cut to an interaction between two characters somewhere else and then go back....

I'm working on a game I call ShadowQuest which is fun, but I cant do too much since there is so much I dont know about the program...

Thanks!

Oh and I got RPG Maker 3 the other day but dont really like it so far...