Nintendo?

Posted by Jon of iPwn

I assume this board is very Nintendo biased or atleast hardcore Nintendo fans huh?

Just all the pictures above seem to relate to Nintendo, and the 'series' bored features mostly Nintendo games with neglect to other great series' such as Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or say even Halo.

Eh I still like this place, but I'm not too deep into Nintendo stuff.. :P

Posted by Klarth

While Jesse, our admin, was still into gaming, he was a Nintendo fan. The only reason most of the system boards are Nintendo-themed is due to the fact that Nintendo are imaginative enough to give a different name to each system, as opposed to certain other companies with consoles like GenericSys Version Six.

Halo doesn't need a board. Final Fantasy doesn't need a board. And GTA certainly doesn't need a board.

Posted by Jon of iPwn

pfff........Video game systems are tools, like my DVD player...do you know the name of your DVD player? I sure as heck dont...

They could call it the Sony model v87X403.6 for all I care as long as I can play Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and Gran Turismo..

Posted by Lord of Spam

There is a strong undercurrent of Nintendo love here. Overall though, its not that bad. Speedfreak will come off as a fanboy sometimes, but he isnt really. The only person I can peg off the top of my head as a fanboy is Prince Shronsomething. Cant remember his name, but I can remember his biased douchbaggery.:cookie:

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Jon of iPwn]
They could call it the Sony model v87X403.6 for all I care as long as I can play Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and Gran Turismo..
This is why you fail at good taste.

Posted by GameMiestro

Jesse Smith believes Nintendo could not exist without his influence. Ask him, it's true.

Posted by Jesse Smith

All non-Nintendo systems should be banned!!!!! :D Nintendo is what started this site, over at world-of-nintendo.com, back in 1996.

Posted by GameMiestro

In reality, this site has nothing to do with the company, Nintendo Electronics. Jesse Smith actually is [URL="http://wackoseo.com/wacko/index.php?action=profile;u=3"]Nintendo[/URL]- so of course there will be a little bit of bias there. Regarding the "Nintendo related pics", I have seen very few pictures regarding to the admin of the site, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, there are several gaming series here, but any relation to the above mentioned company is completely coincidental.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er who is that 'Nintendo' dude??!!! :confused:

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Jesse Smith]er who is that 'Nintendo' dude??!!! :confused:

Oh wait, that's your identical twin. Sorry.

Posted by Kestryl

Me, I am an equal lover of Nintendo consoles and Play Statiton... well, I was. $600 for a system? You gotta be kidding me.
But I like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. They make me happy inside.

So it's not too bad fan-based. The boards might lean a bit to the Nintendo side, but there are some of us who keep it on line.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The reason there is so much talk of Nintendo here is it's what we all grew up with. I remember spending about eighty percent of my awake time as a child in front of my NES and SNES. Some of us will come off as fan-boys and fan-girls.... but that's to be expected of when you have such fond memories of something. :D

That and Nintendo is still continuing to bust out with some awesome games.

Posted by TendoAddict

You're pritty new here. You just came on the tail end of E3 where nintendo kicked @$$ and Sony failed miserably.

Trust me, if nintendo does stupid sh!t (like they have) we will be there to bash them (like we have).

It's just tilted twards Nintendo right now. Givin there past its quite an uproar, they stole alot of e3's thunder this year considering Wii lines were 6 hours and Sony and X-box's were 5 minutes.

Posted by Zeta

[Insert long 5-hour Nintendo-fanboy rant here]

Posted by Linko_16

Nintendo fans, Sony fans, Microsoft fans, and fans of any combinaiton of the three are in no short supply. One group may outweigh the other, but most of us are understanding enough to talk about a system even if it's not out cup of tea.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I'd say the reason why there are seperate boards for only mostly Nintendo because they bring back alot of memories. People talk about things like Metroid and Mario. People constantly rant that "Nintendo is gay" (well, people at my school), But then when you give them the mario song (Most memorable), they call Mario "gangsta". Things like this I don't understand, but Nintendo has made quit the impact. Jesse just added a Kingdom hearts board because there is a lot of talk. Final fantasy needs no board, each game has no relation. Same with GTA, and... Well people just paticularly hate Halo's story. And what the hell? How can you make a board on Gran turismo?

Edit : I'd also have to say Drewboy64 is quite the Nintendo fanboy.

Posted by Random

Quoting Jon of iPwn: I assume this board is very Nintendo biased or atleast hardcore Nintendo fans huh?

Just all the pictures above seem to relate to Nintendo, and the 'series' bored features mostly Nintendo games with neglect to other great series' such as Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or say even Halo.

Eh I still like this place, but I'm not too deep into Nintendo stuff.. :P

Eh its not as bad as it used to be. You sort of get used to it. I myself personally prefer XBox/XBox360 over Gamecube/PS2 but I do anxiously await the Wii.

And yes there are a lot of Nintendo boards and not so much of the others. Thats why you'll see PS1/PS2/PS3 on the same board, Xbox/Xbox360 on another but yet you'll see N64 has it's own, Gamecube has it's own, and Wii has it's own.

Trust me it's not so bad :-P

Posted by Axis

Quoting Klarth: Halo doesn't need a board. Final Fantasy doesn't need a board. And GTA certainly doesn't need a board.

Just like Animal Crossing doesn't need one?

Posted by Random

Quoting Axis: Just like Animal Crossing doesn't need one?

EXACTLY!