Morph Ball thoughts

Posted by GameMiestro

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]-How does Samus

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=GameMiestro][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]-Where does she store all of those bombs?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]-Isn

Posted by GameMiestro

Perhaps there's two layers to the morphball- a spinning outer layer, and a unmoving inner layer. Samus would be curled up in the center, and would easily be able to control the morphball from there.

Also, about the bombs, it makes a lot more sense that they're some form of energy... but the older games don't look like it. Still, what are Power Bombs made of, and if they're energy too, why can't she use an unlimited amount of them?

The amount of physical impossibilities in Samus's suit is astounding...

Posted by Colonel

Heres a thought. Its a game, but i am sometimes puzzled at her flexability

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=.hack//]Heres a thought its a game

You're wrong... Metroid is real! How else would they get all those pictures of Samus? It's not like they just MAKE THEM UP or something...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting .hack//: Heres a thought. Its a game, but i am sometimes puzzled at her flexability

Discussing fiction is way more interesting than reality.

:)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=The X]Discussing fiction is way more interesting than reality.

What are you hinting at? That we should be talking about something fictional, like Sonic the Hedgehog or North Dakota?

Getting back to the topic at hand, perhaps the SA-X's bombs are made out of a different material than Fusion Samus's, so Samus's armor doesn't protect against them. Still, bombs from Hunters can hurt other Samus's, right? Either Hunters is a load of phooey, or there's some sot of hidden "code" lining each of those bombs that tells them when to do damage or not.

Posted by Zeta

Guys. Guys. There's a logical explanation: She's Samus. She can do anything... except open a pickle jar.

Lousy jars.

Posted by GameMiestro

She can also allow herself to get hit by other people's bombs. Why?

[quote=Zeta]She can do anything... except open a pickle jar.

I SAID NO VERIFIABLE FACTS...

EDIT: Except that Metroid is real. Thats okay.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting The X: Discussing fiction is way more interesting than reality.

Incredibly true my friend.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=.hack//]Incredibly true my friend.

Seriously, if you really want to talk about fictional topics, this isn't the place...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Morph ball probably works by rearranging and compressing her molecules. It's alien technology, I'm sure they could do that will little problems. It's probably not that different from teleportation, which we see quite a bit in Metroid games (most recently in Prime 2).

Quoted post: -What gives her the ability to jump when in morph ball mode?

Bombs. assuming it's just energy from her suit, the resulting explosion would force her upwards.

Or it's all just magic.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

When Samus turns into the Morph Ball, it's assumed and hinted at through the games, that she's actually turned into pure energy and the armor provides a casing of sorts to keep her inside. As for your other questions, I have no idea, but I'd have to go with the whole 'suit's special powers' or like Vampiro said, it's magic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Guys. Guys. There's a logical explanation: She's Samus. She can do anything... except open a pickle jar.

i'm samus, lol.

I like the 'pure energy' idea. In the Prime series, you can quite clearly see a ball of light within the casing...

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, if she's a pure ball of energy, how is she supposed to move at all?

And wouldn't that be incredibly painful?

Quoted post: Well, if she's a pure ball of energy, how is she supposed to move at all?

She's pure energy. How couldn't she move? Plus, she's in a ball. Push against one side, and bam, you're moving. It's not like she has to move a square around.

Quoted post: And wouldn't that be incredibly painful?

Why does it have to be painful?

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, since she no longer is an actual body, how would she 1. be conscious, and 2. how would she "push" the morph ball to actually move anywhere?

I figured it would be painful because she's being smashed into that tiny little space...

... it's a ****ing game. Who the hell knows. Who cares.

Posted by Klarth

WHY ARE THERE ALIENS IN THE GAME BUT NO ALIENS IN REAL LIFE?

THIS IS CONFUSING AND PERPLEXING WHAT DO I DO

MY MOM IS MOTHER BRAIN EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]... it's a ****ing game. Who the hell knows. Who cares.

Obviously, SOMEBODY has to know, I mean, morph balls don't just pop out of thin air... or do they?

And I care... :(

[quote=Klarth]WHY ARE THERE ALIENS IN THE GAME BUT NO ALIENS IN REAL LIFE?

THIS IS CONFUSING AND PERPLEXING WHAT DO I DO

Make another thread about it, and discuss it there.

[quote=Vampiro]MY MOM IS MOTHER BRAIN EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW

PLZ EXPLAIN YOURSELF

Quoted post: And I care...

Me too actually. I just got halfway writing through my post and realised my points had nothing to back them up. So I was all "lol **** this"

Quoted post: PLZ EXPLAIN YOURSELF

Yeah, she lives in a glass tube down in the basement ordering Space Pirates to do the cooking all day.

Posted by GameMiestro

I always wondered how she always seems to lose her upgrades at the most critical of moments, and regain them all in the most obscure of places.

That wouldb be awesome if Kraid or Ridley got the Morph Ball upgrade instead of Samus.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting GameMiestro: Well, since she no longer is an actual body, how would she 1. be conscious, and 2. how would she "push" the morph ball to actually move anywhere?

I figured it would be painful because she's being smashed into that tiny little space...

Pure energy has no feelings, there is no pain, there is no emotion, there is nothing. How do you intend to inflict harm upon a mass of energy? If you can answer that, I'll come up with answers to all your other questions.

This is game-alien-pure energy. There are no answers. Fail, nub.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Pure energy has no feelings, there is no pain, there is no emotion, there is nothing. How do you intend to inflict harm upon a mass of energy? If you can answer that, I'll come up with answers to all your other questions.

You don't. You inflict harm to the suit, which is somehow holding Samus in small ball of energy (note: I never actually said I believed that), so when the suit is destroyed, Samus turns back to normal. Then she gets killed.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: That wouldb be awesome if Kraid or Ridley got the Morph Ball upgrade instead of Samus.

Reminds me of those Space Pirate Logs in Prime.

"Ready to test the Morph Ball?"
"Yes, sir."
CRACK!
"OH *** MY SPINE!"
"...Could someone bring a mop over here?"

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, well, the SP's are a bunch of idiots (except for Weavel, of course) who didn't bother using the real morph ball, and tried to make one of their own. I was thinking more of the Arachnids (you know, the first boss in Fusion) ability, except on a much, much bigger scale.

Posted by Red

the morph ball has bothered me for quite some time. Is there a logical explination at all, because nothing can explain this. and it really ****es me off

Quoted post: the morph ball has bothered me for quite some time. Is there a logical explination at all, because nothing can explain this. and it really ****es me off

Alien ****ing technology. Sci-Fi. Video game.

Posted by Zeta

A WIZARD DID IT

There's your answer.

Posted by GameMiestro

Here is what I feel to be some of the answers-

1. Samus is turned into some form of energy when she transforms into the ball.
2. She isn't physically connected to the ball the way we might think. She isn't actually spinning, the ball is spinning around her.
3. She is able to mentally control the morph ball from inside.
4. Bombs are created from the Power Beam, which has become very thin and surrounds the inside of the morph ball. Power Bombs are created from this in the same way (much like Missles are different than normal shots)
5. She dies when the suit surrounding her is destroyed, not when the energy inside is destroyed.
6. The suit somehow holds her in this energy like form. Hence, when she dies, or when she leaves morph ball form, she turns back to normal.
7. The ball jumps from the same spring mechanisms that power her boots (which has become thinner and surrounds the morph ball, much like the power beam)
8. The bombs cause her to jump because of her much smaller size. This doesn't happen with Power Bombs because of the "vacuum effect" that the power bombs create (esp. seen in Fusion).
9. She can boost from the same material that allows her to use the Speed Booster. See the pattern here?
10. All bombs and power bombs are "coded" so they never damage the user, much like missles and beam shots from the non-Prime games.

There, 10 ideas for you to think about. It explains a lot of the questions, and makes a reasonable amount of sense.

[quote=Vampiro]Alien ****ing technology. Sci-Fi. Video game.

Okay, stop saying that.

Quoted post: Okay, stop saying that.

Alien ****ing technology. Sci-Fi. Video game.

Seriously. It's true.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Documented alien ****ing technology. Scientifically accurate design. Historical video game.

Seriously. It's true.

fixed

Quoted post: Historical video game.

crabs in my japan? no ****ing way

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]crabs in my japan? no ****ing way

Of course it's all covered up. What, do you think the military is going to let the general public know of the massive ongoing war between the bounty hunters and the Space Pirates? Of course not. The evidence of this is all around us- where do you think all of your tax dollars are going? Certainly not on minor matters like roads and schools...

Posted by Red

if what you say is true, about Samus being able to turn into energy to fit INSIDE the Morph ball how exactly does she do it, and if she has the technology to do so, then why not do it more often? I think it could be cool to float around as a little ball of energy. and if you can transform, into a tiny ball, why not be able to transform into somthing more useful like a giant killing machine... ... ...Samus has the techonolgy, why not use it to better ways :(

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Mr.Red]if what you say is true, about Samus being able to turn into energy to fit INSIDE the Morph ball how exactly does she do it, and if she has the technology to do so, then why not do it more often? I think it could be cool to float around as a little ball of energy. and if you can transform, into a tiny ball

She doesn't do it more often because she can only turn into energy inside of the morph ball. The suit somehow holds her in a form between her conscious body and a ball of energy (don't ask me how, it doesn't really matter). Think of it like the core of the earth. The iron is so hot that it should be a liquid, but the incredible pressure from the outside of the earth holds it in solid form. If the rest of the earth were to dissapear, it would almost instantly turn back into a liquid. Also, it appears energy is a lot more compact than her physical body, so she is able to fit into smaller spaces.

[quote]why not be able to transform into somthing more useful like a giant killing machine... ... ...Samus has the techonolgy, why not use it to better ways :(

Why doesn't the military just nuke the heck out of the Zebesian bases? We don't know, but we can figure that this has to do with her stealthy nature- if she somehow did have this technology, she would 1. not be able to fit through small passageways, and 2. bring a lot more attention to herself than she needs. Think about Kraid for instance. Yeah, he's a massive killing machine, but all he does is stand in a very cramped room, waiting for you to kill him... not a very interesting life.

Heh, that's why the minibosses in the original Metroid made a lot more sense than the one's today...

Posted by Zeta

I don't know now whether to lol at this thread, or shake my head in pity.

Both.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]I don't know now whether to lol at this thread, or shake my head in pity.

Dont join the dark side too, Zeta... We need all of the Metroid historians/scientists that we can get! When the Zebesians land on Earth, they'll only bring back a chosen few... you don't want to be left behind, do you?

Posted by Zeta

**** that. I'm going with the Chozo.

Posted by GameMiestro

How can you, when the prophesy clearly states that we must endure 3 years of enlightenment by the Zebesian culture, at which point the Chozo will be revived and bring about the end of humanity? You can't go through the apocalype early... thats just silly.

Only 126 days, 1 hour, and 42 minutes until the end of the world!

EDIT: Now getting back on topic. Why doesn't the Screw attack and Space Jump affect the Morph Ball? I must know...

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Hmmm, good questions. Tough answers. I'm going to go with "Crazy future texnology" for all of them :)

Posted by Pit

Space jump does affect the morph ball. CALLED JUMP BALL.

Posted by Drewboy64

I used to think her gigantanormus shoulder pads were the morphball things.

The chozo's made her quadruple jointed, so she can curl up wihtout feeling uncomfortable in teh morphball.

Posted by Red

I realized while climbing the ceiling wich ever arm u are not using get's turned into the cannon. wich ,eams Samus has 2 beam cannons? if so, I wanna duel weild Beams

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: Space jump does affect the morph ball. CALLED JUMP BALL.

Spring Ball, fag.