getting kind of scared about basic training

Posted by devil slayr

I joined the army in december and I leave July 19. Though I Can't wait to go I have to admit, I am kind of nervous.

Posted by The Judge

Relax, buddy. The Army isn't the toughest of the divisions in terms of the brutal training. I'm sure you'll be fine. And in the end, you'll come out as something much greater. Cheers.

Posted by devil slayr

Thanks man

Posted by Random

Listen when I say this. My friend Dan passed Basic Training and he was a Wimp who is pretty dumb too. He's back from Basic Training and he still can't kick my *** but he passed. Now he's in Germany. Whatever you do.. if your in the Reserves, STAY IN THE RESERVES! Don't let the recruiters talk you into Active Duty or else your *** is immediately theres. I know a few recruiters and they're backstabbers.

You'll do fine, I garuntee it.

Posted by Raptor

Be all you can be, which probably isn't much if you settled for the Army!

Posted by GameMiestro

Be careful at dinner.

You have been warned.

Posted by KoH

Dinner? I was thinking more about the showers.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Raptor: Be all you can be, which probably isn't much if you settled for the Army!

Yeah, pity he didn't become a worthless peace loving animal [COLOR="black"]fu[/COLOR]cking hippie like yourself.

Posted by Xenos

Don't listen to Raptor. ;o If joining the army is truly what you want, good luck and try your best. It can't be that bad unless you are 500 pounds and have the brain of a worm.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting The Judge: Yeah, pity he didn't become a worthless peace loving animal [COLOR="black"]fu[/COLOR]cking hippie like yourself.

Too smart to fight, too smart to kill.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Raptor: Too smart to fight, too smart to kill.

How enlightened and glorious your life must be, Raptor.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Raptor]Too smart to fight, too smart to kill.

Too smart to eat, lol.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting The Judge: How enlightened and glorious your life must be, Raptor.

In many ways, it is very glorious. I would never destroy it by committing to something like the Army. If I was drafted, I would display every behaviour characteristic of a true lunatic necessary to get out of it.*oscar*

Posted by Random

Quoting Raptor: In many ways, it is very glorious. I would never destroy it by committing to something like the Army. If I was drafted, I would display every behaviour characteristic of a true lunatic necessary to get out of it.*oscar*

Eh i'd probably go for the Ride and try to kill as many people (Non Allies) as I possibly can. I'd probably be arrested for it but it'd be fun as hell.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Raptor: In many ways, it is very glorious. I would never destroy it by committing to something like the Army. If I was drafted, I would display every behaviour characteristic of a true lunatic necessary to get out of it.*oscar*

Or you could just say you were gay. That's a sure fire way to be booted.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Raptor's a wolf. That enough should have him kicked out of the army.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting The Judge: Or you could just say you were gay. That's a sure fire way to be booted.

Or I could just have my master walk me in with the leash, and wear my special collar that day. The one fashioned from the intestines of a Swedish street vendor.

Posted by The Judge

I thought you were too smart to kill.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Raptor: If I was drafted, I would display every behaviour characteristic of a true lunatic necessary to get out of it.*oscar*

So in other words you'd just be yourself?

Posted by Linko_16

Spam, you bastard, I was about to make that joke.

I'd never be in the army myself, but props to those who have it in them.

Posted by ExoXile

Getting called in next year, I'm not all that Wiii about it.
But neither am I scared of going.

I'll just do it and be over with it.

(Free training ftw! :D )

Vikings don't war. Vikings rape and pillage.

Posted by ExoXile

Still, it require training! :(

Posted by mis0

Most Scandinavians have manditory military service of some kind, not unlike Israel, right? I know the Finns do something along those lines.

As far as the army goes - personally I don't go for war (mainly because I'm a pacifist) but you ought not to fail yourself now. If you believe it's what your meant to do, do it.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Misoxeny: Most Scandinavians have manditory military service of some kind, not unlike Israel, right? I know the Finns do something along those lines.

It's... Yeah, a few years back you had to go.
Both Finland and Sweden's got manditory military service.

I don't know HOW strict it is now, but if you really don't want to go you'll probably not need to.

Either way, I am.
It's free training, besides, everyone else before me did. :D

Posted by maian

I am a french-canadian black jewish furry homofag, so they would never let me in to the military :o

Posted by Ant

Quoting maian: I am a french-canadian black jewish furry homofag, so they would never let me in to the military :o

Wow, I lmao at that one. Funniest post you've ever made. I didn't know the military had anything against furries though...or jews...or stupid monkey n[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]ggers, interesting.

Posted by juliebriggs

you guys should be thankful that people want to join the army and fight for our freedom. while your sitting here at your computers and infront of your video games, theres people out in the desert dying to protect our rights to be free. be thankful they decieded to walk through hell for you

Posted by Raptor

People are dying in the desert because we have a war-loving incompetent republican for a president and a cabinet fully stocked with morons calling shots. It doesn't have much to do with protecting freedom at all, you generously spoonfed nincompoop. Anyone with a lick of common sense understands that a "war on terror" could only be the brainchild of a remarkably bush-league administration.

Posted by juliebriggs

well why dont u move out there with them. we sure as hell dont need you in this country

Posted by Speedfreak

Explain why you're needed, then, you cocky bastard.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting juliebriggs: well why dont u move out there with them. we sure as hell dont need you in this country

Arms are for hugging, not for fighting. :cool:

Posted by juliebriggs

lol

Posted by Pvt.Sarnate

Hooah! whats your MOS, DevilSlayer? and where will you undergo BCT at? BCT isnt all that bad, its just full of mind games and a bunch of Drill Sergeants who cant do anything but yell, they probably will choke you out a little bit if you are in the High Stress Policy or if the Drill Sergeant is psycho. Really though, we all gotta admit, the War in Iraq is rather pointless, so support the troops, not the government. Oh and I almost forgot, what kind of service did you join in for the Army? Active Duty? National Guard? Reserve? I'm Active Duty, maybe I'll see you sometime.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Raptor: Too smart to fight, too smart to kill.

though smart enough to molest wolves in the woods.

Well, good luck with the army. Speaking of which, didn't we have some other guy (specops?) join the army, or was that the marines?

Posted by The Judge

Marines. He'd go ballistic if he heard the two confused.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting juliebriggs: well why dont u move out there with them. we sure as hell dont need you in this country

Wow, it's people like you who almost make me ashamed to be American. Then it's people like me that make me not care one way or the other. :)

Seriously, when was the last time in our lifetime our freedom was threatened? Jesus Christ, they really got you, didn't they?

Posted by Pit

LAWL FREEDUM OF SPESH

Posted by Slade

Pvt.Sarnate's got it right- support our troops, not our government. Sometimes I think of the Air Force or the Marines as a career option because it's more exciting than a lot of other jobs. Plus, you get training, and would be physically fit.

Posted by Raptor

And why, pray tell, should I support the troops and not the government they have chosen to receive orders from?

Posted by Random

Quoting Slade: Pvt.Sarnate's got it right- support our troops, not our government. Sometimes I think of the Air Force or the Marines as a career option because it's more exciting than a lot of other jobs. Plus, you get training, and would be physically fit.

I support both our troops and government. Do we have a perfect government? Nah but we could be way worse off. At least we have the right idea's even if they fail. Am I saying I agree with everything our Gov't does? No and I never will no matter what. I'm sure if I ran the country I'd find mistakes or things I would have done differently.

Quoted post: Nah but we could be way worse off.

What the **** kind of view is that? Obviously we (you) could be worse off, but we can, and should have a better government.

Posted by Linko_16

I understand the sort of SR's trying to say. We do have to be somewhat forgiving, given that it's virtually impossible to please everyone in the country. However, I find myself on Vamp's side, such that our government's behavior with this war is far from forgivable.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Here is the simple truth. Are president is a dumbass and the troops are awesome. If you dont support them **** you, go out there and try to do ****. You cant.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Raptor

...idiot.

This whole "support the troops" thing is and has always been incredibly stupid.

I support the janitors who clean **** off of toilets and the laborers who break their backs picking fruit all day for minimum wage. They deserve more respect in my eyes, and actually work towards a worthy cause. Millions of citizens get up day after day to do detestable jobs they loathe, and it often takes a great deal of perseverance and willpower for each individual to maintain his roles in keeping society running. They are the ones that deserve far more credit. Why should troops receive any special support? They're just doing a job that doesn't need to be done in a country they don't belong in.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, man, who needs troops when talking works so well. I mean, look at how it worked with hitler, we asked him to chill, gave him some land, and then BAM years later he stopped.

moron

Posted by Hero'sCrest

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Okay take the troops back dumbass and see if our "laborers and workers" can do ****.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Edit: Might I add that Hitler did not 'chill' after we gave him so land. Get some knowledge in your head before you talk idiot. He commited suicide after years of European warfare.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Ant

Is sarcasm really that hard to detect nowadays?

Posted by Lord of Spam

oh. my. ***. Dude, dont ever lecture me about anything ever. I ****ing know that hitler didnt give up. He killed himself in a bunker with his girlfriend watching. He gave up after his foray into russia failed and D Day began the push into germany. It was ****ing sarcasm, so why dont YOU learn to ****ing THINK before you tell me to get some knowledge. Chances are that I've forgotten more thanks to alcohol than you ever knew.

fukken zing!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Lord of Spam: Yeah, man, who needs troops when talking works so well. I mean, look at how it worked with hitler, we asked him to chill, gave him some land, and then BAM years later he stopped.

moron

So tell me, what job are the troops doing over there that I should think needs to be done, and why should I support them more than the lady who cuts my hair or the gentleman who parks my car? Quite frankly, I'm not thankful for anything the troops do, and I think they should all come back home and do something useful- maybe show those buffoons at Quizno's how to run a sandwich shop. Though, maybe you can change my mind.