Will you play the new Zelda using the Wiimote?

Posted by Bebop

I don't think I will. I'll propbably stick to the GC controller. I mean you can't use the Wiimote to swing the sword! It's restricted to buttons. Hmmph. Plus its sounds easier to do on a standard controller.

Then again my opinion may change if I try out both.

Posted by Zeta

I've been pondering this ever since I heard the news. I think I'll use the GCN controller, since I've grown too accustomed to using it when playing 3D Zelda games.

Posted by Hyper

Uhm, there will be some sword actions controlled by the movement of the controller. I'll be playing it with the Wii-mote most likely because I don't want to use my wired Gamecube controller.

Posted by coromoro

I will buy both versions but play the Game Cube one first. :cool:

Posted by Dexter

I will most likely only buy the Wii version of Zelda and will definitely play it with the Wii controller. I'm looking forward to the game much more now that I know it is going to be released on the Wii.

And it isn't restricted to simple button pushing, either. Didn't you see/hear about the fishing aspect of the game? Also, you have to aim your bow. Who knows what other surprises the Wii controller will bring to the game. It would be difficult to resists it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Buying both. First time through using the GC, subsequent play-throughs on the Wii.

Posted by Random

Now can you use a different styled controller for TP if you play it on the Wii? Because I don't think I could use the Wii Remote to play TP.

Posted by Tails

Hell ya I'm getting both versions! I've got to get my Zelda collection as complete as can be...

Posted by Klarth

Both. Gamecube first though.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Hyper: Uhm, there will be some sword actions controlled by the movement of the controller.

Watch the press conference again. The only sowrd control is the downward jab on fallen enimies. The rest is left to the b button.

Posted by Speedfreak

There's also the sheild parry and the spin attack.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]I think I'll buy the Wii version, seems more interesting.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

I'm getting the Wii version. LOOKS MORE FUN!

Posted by Burrito

I just don't know. I'll have to wait and see what reviews each version of the game gets.

Posted by Last Fog

They should make the Wii version come with an option to use a gamecube controller. Most people wanna do both and you have to buy both?

I just wanna play it on gamecube. The remote seems awkward for a Zelda game and that fairy is always on the screen to show the cursor. Seems annoying. Plus I dont even know if I'm getting a Wii. Theres a few things I'm not sure of yet so I gotta wait and see.

Posted by GameMiestro

Wii version, because if I'm going to play a brand new game, I might as well use brand new technology!

Posted by Drewboy64

Ill probably use the Wii.

Posted by TendoAddict

The Wii look's easy to use for Twilight. I'll probably use Wii, looked easy and fun. If **** role down hill Ill just buy the normal verson.

Posted by inequity

Of course I'll try both controllers first, but fighting on a horse with the Wii remote is gonna be awsome.

Posted by Colonel

The Wii version of course instead of controlling Link you get to BE Link.

Posted by Dexter

It would be difficult to play the game with the regular Game Cube controller when I have the option to use the Wii controller.

And I thought the Wii allowed users to use the old Game Cube controllers?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I want to play it through with both, but I wish to try out the new Wii style first. :D

Quoted post: And I thought the Wii allowed users to use the old Game Cube controllers?

If the game allows the player to use the GC pad.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: If the game allows the player to use the GC pad.

Thats why maybe you should buy the Wii version first, to see if it DOES let you do that. If it doesn't, buy the GC version a day after. =D

Quoted post: Thats why maybe you should buy the Wii version first, to see if it DOES let you do that. If it doesn't, buy the GC version a day after. =D

I'll buy them both anyways since I'm a whore for Zelda.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: I'll buy them both anyways since I'm a whore for Zelda.

I expected you to say that... Link?

Quoted post: I expected you to say that... Link?

Link's included in the package. Luckily he's quite feminine.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Bashing someone in the face with the shield sells the Wii version for me.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Wings: Bashing someone in the face with the shield sells the Wii version for me.

Didn't know you could do that... :D

As far as I remember from the conference, you can. You just jab the nunchuck attachment forward and its a bash.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Wings: As far as I remember from the conference, you can. You just jab the nunchuck attachment forward and its a bash.
Strange that they included that small feature yet the remote doesnt even swing your sword. Thats the one thing everyone was hoping for.

Quoted post: Strange that they included that small feature yet the remote doesnt even swing your sword. Thats the one thing everyone was hoping for.

Your arm would be dead in fifteen minutes. And I actually think you CAN do that... if you want to. But I can't recall too well.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: Your arm would be dead in fifteen minutes. And I actually think you CAN do that... if you want to. But I can't recall too well.
Honestly I think just holding the remote in the air would be tiring as it is. When I use a controller I rest my arms on my lap, but holding that remote in the air so long seems tiresome and uncomfortable. Every now and then you can rest it for a few seconds, but still its work. Maybe its not as bad as it seems once you actually use it.

Posted by s0ul

Oh, come on, I play tennis with a heavy-*** racquet for two hours a day and my arm hasn't gotten tired once, suck it up.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting s0ul: Oh, come on, I play tennis with a heavy-*** racquet for two hours a day and my arm hasn't gotten tired once, suck it up.
Thats different. You're not holding it out it front of you the whole time and all the while trying to keep it steady. A game like Wii sports doesnt seem any trouble at all, you relax in between swings, but the aiming in Zelda or a first person shooter seems really fatiguing. Try holding something in your hand, straight out, and make little motions back and forth for 2 hours straight, thats a lot of stress.

Quoted post: Honestly I think just holding the remote in the air would be tiring as it is. When I use a controller I rest my arms on my lap, but holding that remote in the air so long seems tiresome and uncomfortable. Every now and then you can rest it for a few seconds, but still its work. Maybe its not as bad as it seems once you actually use it.

So, why can't you do the same with the Wiimote? Chances are, all you have to do is make little movements, so resting your arm on your knee should be fine.

Quoted post: Oh, come on, I play tennis with a heavy-*** racquet for two hours a day and my arm hasn't gotten tired once, suck it up.

No :( Plus, it's a video game.

Hah, awesome I've just had a mental image of me and three friends playing Wii Sports Tennis, and my mum coming in, seeing us all flailing about like morons, hearing the sound of the tennis ball hitting the racquets coming from the controllers, and just thinking 'wtf?'

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: Hah, awesome I've just had a mental image of me and three friends playing Wii Sports Tennis, and my mum coming in, seeing us all flailing about like morons, hearing the sound of the tennis ball hitting the racquets coming from the controllers, and just thinking 'wtf?'

Isn't that Nintendo's strategy?

To get non-gamers interested?

:cool:

Oh, yeah. I just thought it was a bizarre image, is all.

So I'd just like to point out that those of you using the reason that 'all you do is press a button to swing the sword on the Wii version' to get the GameCube version are idiots. Guess what you do on that version, too.

Get a better reason. I'm sure you have one.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Last Fog: Thats different. You're not holding it out it front of you the whole time and all the while trying to keep it steady. A game like Wii sports doesnt seem any trouble at all, you relax in between swings, but the aiming in Zelda or a first person shooter seems really fatiguing. Try holding something in your hand, straight out, and make little motions back and forth for 2 hours straight, thats a lot of stress.

Actually, you are holding the racquet straight out in front of you, with both hands no less, if you don't suck. But yeah, like Vampiro said, I can't fathom that you won't be able to rest your elbows on your knees like you usually would and just move your wrists.

Posted by Speedfreak

I used to do karate for an hour. The hardest exercise was not punching and kicking for half an hour, but holding out arms out completely straight for 5 minutes. Your comparison is a pretty poor one.

Irrelevent anyway, it's not what you have to do with Wii.

Posted by s0ul

Well, I was ultimately going for the "don't be a pussy" message and the "you're not holding your arms out the whole time anyway" message, both of which got across!

Posted by Speedfreak

And I got across the "holding your arms out HURTS" message, what's your point?

Posted by Drewboy64

I would do this stance in karate where you essentially sit on nothing for a minute. Yup. I can do some karate too.

Anyway, are you guys saying Zelda/Wii will be tiring? I think lots of developers are considering that, and it's not like you move the remote alot in Zelda Twiilight Princess.

Posted by Dog

i tink i will.

Quoting Drewboy64: I would do this stance in karate where you essentially sit on nothing for a minute.

I do that for parkour. Does wonders for yuour balances and strength.

Although I would say that anyone who can't hold their arms out straight for five minutes is seriously out of shape.

Posted by Pit

or a pussy

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]I do that for parkour. Does wonders for yuour balances and strength.

Although I would say that anyone who can't hold their arms out straight for five minutes is seriously out of shape.

Perfectly straight and making tiny circles, actually.

Reminds me of highschool PE. Good times, unfortunately that was one of the easier warm-ups. Either way, there's no way you're going to be forced to hold up your arm for five minutes straight while playing a Wii game.

Posted by Noir

Yeah...I'm really torn in between getting the GC or Wii version. I mean, I want to play it the old-fashioned, traditional way, but at the same time, I'm a little curious, too. Plus, I want to get a Wii for Resident Evil 5 and, of course, Super Smash Bros Brawl.
I dont know about getting both of the versions...money's limited around the holiday season, which is when the sonofa***** is coming out.

Why not just play the GC version and rent the Wii game? You can still play it on the Wii if you want to, and it should be quite possible to beat it again with a single rent since you'll know what to do.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Vampiro: Why not just play the GC version and rent the Wii game? You can still play it on the Wii if you want to, and it should be quite possible to beat it again with a single rent since you'll know what to do.

Yes, I suppose you're right, but Zelda's such a long game...eh.
I'll see, or mooch off of someone who has the Wii version.

Posted by protomanv4

Wii-mote because I never got the GC and cuz I made a dumb mistake of not getting it and getting the N64 instead:(

Posted by Bebop

I saw a video of a person using the controller for fishing. Truth be told it didnt see that responsive. I mean it cast and using the nunchuck like a reel it came in but a tad later than when he actually did the motion. Perhpas this is what is supposed to happen. I mean like real fishing an entire string is being pulled and the end of the string is the last thing to react. I hope its this anyway.

Still thought using the bow seemed cool but I'm going to try out both, provided they come on the same disc.

Posted by Fadedblood

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: Buying both. First time through using the GC, subsequent play-throughs on the Wii.

Same

Posted by gamerz

Quoting Bebop: I don't think I will. I'll propbably stick to the GC controller. I mean you can't use the Wiimote to swing the sword! It's restricted to buttons. Hmmph. Plus its sounds easier to do on a standard controller.

Then again my opinion may change if I try out both.

I imagine I'd try all ways and make my mind up once I have. What is the point of even thinking about this now? Are you gonna make your mind up now and then once you get the thing not even bother to try the other way.

Posted by maian

I'll definitely buy the Cube version first. I feel like I have to honor Gamecube's last game or something. :color:

I'll then get Metroid Prime 3, and when I get enough money, I'll get TP for Wii and play through it again.

Posted by Cruxis

well, I will be first to say; "I'm a Zelda Whore".
knowing me, I will probably go down to my local game store to buy a copy of zelda:tp for the Gamecube and end up picking up two extra copies (one to play and one to collect) of the wii version aswell. Then I will probably ignore every single responsibility in my life for at least a week while I learn to play The wii verson. Afterwards I will probably then play both the NGC and Wii versions on two seperate televisions side by side. Boy, do I love zelda.

That reminds me of an experiment I still haven't done - playing a game through on two separate GameCubes with the same WaveBird. Obviously it would have to be the right type of game without too many random elements - Wind Waker would probably work for this - but the idea of trying to keep track of two different enemies/bosses while them still being the same one really appeals to me.

Posted by Drewboy64

There are a few new pics of art at IGN, just fyi.
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748589/imgs_1.html

Posted by Apathetic

Probably not unless a pile of money drops on my lap, while were at it why not some drinks and a few friends :o. Then we all can play Zelda haha :D :D :D. Ill probably play it on GCN first cause Im so cheap.

Is that a Skulltula? And am I really late with that realisation?

Posted by The_Extremist

I'll be using the Wiimote to the MAX

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Wings: That reminds me of an experiment I still haven't done - playing a game through on two separate GameCubes with the same WaveBird. Obviously it would have to be the right type of game without too many random elements - Wind Waker would probably work for this - but the idea of trying to keep track of two different enemies/bosses while them still being the same one really appeals to me.
Hmm... I never thought of that. Thats a crazy idea! But would it work? I suppose it would since its the same frequency and all.

Imagine doing that and having to keep track of two screens so you don't die, then when you go back to just one screen you'll be dead nasty. :link:

Posted by Nick Kang

thats crazy its would be way to hard for u to aim and do other things its better with the gc controler.