NES games that you want, but just can't seem to bag?

Posted by Landon

The "grown up" titles aside (Bubble Bath Babes, Hot Slots and Peek-A-Boo Poker), I really, really want Tombs and Treasures but I always seem to miss it on ebay. This game is far rarer than it's "A-" rarity would suggest, as there are a great number of other "A-" games that can be had with a point and a click all day long, but this one is really, really tough and doesn't always come up for sale.

Anyway, that's a glaring hole i've been meaning to fill.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Too bad Landon, for such a rare title. I've seen this game in quantities of atleast 3 at my local E/B. I'd buy it and ship, that is, if I had the initiative to barter online, and if I was to be paid handsomely for the deed.

Posted by inequity

CluClu land, I want that so bad :mad:

Posted by Roth

Well, it used to be Ninja GaiDen III: The Ancient Ship of Doom. Now that I have that game (yay!), I have trouble finding Mega Man 4. Part 3 is at a store near my place, but they want $15 for it!

Posted by Tyler Durden

That's pretty decent, considering E/B want's $39.99 for Mega Man VI. Now, that's communism at work. I concur, I want Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom, aswell as Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Just want to finalize the classic 'trilogies'.

A few honorable mentions: RoboCop 2 & 3.

Posted by Dexter

Mega Man 4 and 6 are missing from my collection, as well as Castlevania 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3. Rescue Rangers 2 and Ducktails 2 are also a few others I would like to obtain. I am also looking forward to finding that Joshua game. I remember playing it in the Christian Book Store way back when it first came out. The Bible games are excellent.

I have Robocop 3, which I hear is the rarest of them. I should try to beat that game again sometime. I remember I was nearly towards the end of the game before I died and since been distracted from the game and never returned.

Posted by Tyler Durden

My local E/B has Joshua, going for just $3.99.

[quote=Dexter]I am also looking forward to finding that Joshua game. I remember playing it in the Christian Book Store way back when it first came out.

Posted by Dexter

I used to see it often, but I would always neglect it for other titles. Now, however, if I ever see it again, I will be sure to seize it. I have many of the Bible adventure games and I feel I need that one in my collection......

Wait, how stupid of me. I can't believe I got the titles mixed up! I have Joshua. The one I want is Spiritual Warfare.

Posted by -Shadow-

Dragon Warrior II-IV

And I really don't feel like shelling $100+ for a nes game.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I used to see it often, but I would always neglect it for other titles. Now, however, if I ever see it again, I will be sure to seize it. I have many of the Bible adventure games and I feel I need that one in my collection......

Wait, how stupid of me. I can't believe I got the titles mixed up! I have Joshua. The one I want is Spiritual Warfare.

I actually have that game! It's the rarest one that I have in my collection.

Now what I really want is Metroid. I never played the game, and want to sometime. I believe EB has it, but they charge way too much IMO. I also want to get the Tengen version of Tetris, I heard it was better, but I have never seen it anywhere. Oh, one more, the Lone Ranger, that one I have never seen anywhere either.

Posted by Tyler Durden

**** I am such an idiot. E/B had The Lone Ranger for only $3.99, aswell as Gunsmoke, hanging right beside it. Now why didn't I bag those.. They're both a B-

Posted by Landon

OK, I just lucked into the best NES score i've ever had.
A woman was selling some common NES carts on ebay and had in her listing "Email me for other titles, as I don't feel like listing them all..."
She wasn't into NES carts and was a yard saler who resold stuff on ebay.

Anyway, I won't count my chickens before the package arrives, but I bought them all... 39 to be exact.
Ninja Gaiden 3, Ghengis Khan, Bubble Bobble 2, Megaman I-IV - and others which I won't even mention lest I get too excited and alter the karmic wheel and they get lost in shipping or some BS like that.

Anyway, paid $2 each :us:

Posted by Tyler Durden

Did you atleast request visible proof of the merchandise being mentioned? Nevermind that. It's easy to dupe someone online into thinking you are who you say you are. Or that, that's really you in the picture holding 'Dizzy the Adventurer'.

Posted by Landon

Yeah, she sent a pic.
Tracking indicates that they will arrive tommorow.

To be honest, I am the least paranoid person I know when it comes to online dealings, and I have only been screwed once- and that was by a company who took payment and went out of biz.
But that aside, i'd say I have probably 1000 online deals of various flavors- running the gamut from NES carts to real estate- and all have gone well.

Posted by Slade

My church had an NES for the longest time, and just last week I realized that it was gone. I remember seeing about 4 games from the Christian game series there, as well as Lone Ranger. I also used to own an NES, but then the cords broke, and I was too dumb/young to realize that it was worth keeping. A game I always look for just because I loved it so much is RiverCity Ransom. Can someone tell me a good site to check the ratings of NES games on?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoting Landon: Yeah, she sent a pic.
Tracking indicates that they will arrive tommorow.

"I'm waiting.."

Posted by Jarulara

Deja-Vu I just can't find it anywhere. No malls or video stores. Some people were even like we don't sell nintendo games. Sucks. I love that game. I wish I had it.

Posted by Landon

Got a few more on ebay last night.

FIRE N ICE
DONKEY KONG JR MATH
CRASH N THE BOYS
DUCKTALES 2
RESCUE RANGERS 2
RC PRO AM 2

Posted by starsavior

umm... What ive done on alot of the games ive been trying to get especially nes games. If you have a gamecrazy around where you live i suggest giving them a try if they dont have it they can special order it for you for like 6 bucks and what it does is it checks all there stores in the usa for it. It usually takes about 2 weeks not bad for 6 bucks

Posted by Ultimos

Don't have and can't seem to find (aside from ebay of course...)

Megaman 5
Dragon Warrior 2
Dragon Warrior 3
Bubble Bobble 2

Posted by posem_diest

haha Ultimos, Bubble Bobble 2 is the only game on your list that I don't have.

Both Dragon Warriors are out of the question, of course, but I might be willing to part with Megaman 5. Depends on how much you're willing to offer, and considering your current state of affairs, I can't see that being VERY MUCH.

I don't think I own River City Ransom. Look at that, an NES game that I don't own. Who would have imagined.

Posted by punkonjunk1024

Dragon Warrior 4 but, unlikely I'll ever get it but, who knows.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting posem_diest: haha Ultimos, Bubble Bobble 2 is the only game on your list that I don't have.

Both Dragon Warriors are out of the question, of course, but I might be willing to part with Megaman 5. Depends on how much you're willing to offer, and considering your current state of affairs, I can't see that being VERY MUCH.

I don't think I own River City Ransom. Look at that, an NES game that I don't own. Who would have imagined.

how many nes games do you own/ and would you show us a picture?

how much do you want for your mm5? is it boxed and again can you post a picture?

it suprises me that you have some of the rarer games but river city ransom isnt realy that rare, i have it and it never come out over here, i also have the english version called street gangs

Posted by tommyc

I recently picked up some nes games at the goodwill. I believe they are worth something. The games are as follows:
Dragon warrior, Dragon Warrior II, Dragon Warrior III, & Dragon Warrior IV.
Wild Gunman
Mario, Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 2, Mario 3, and Mario/Duck Hunt/track and field
Metroid
Dig Dug II
Donkey Kong classics
Legend of Zelda & Link
Tetris & Tetris II

I did not buy the seasome street cartridges. If you can share any info about value(or whatever), it would be appreciated. All cartridges were $2.99 each.