Mythbusters

Posted by shep

now that they have been showing the marathon,which myth is your favorite? and which episode is your favorite?.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Dude, I love when they tried smashin' the two semi's into the compact XD

Posted by Xenos

Hm ... I liked a lot of them. I guess the one that comes up to mind is the one about the swing.

Posted by Colonel

I like the one Myth were they made a crash test dummy out of red ballistics gel and covert that with a white latex and threw the dummy into glass to see if it would cut the white latex and go into the gel. lol stupid dummy got a shard right in the neck:D

Posted by NES Queen

the exploding jawbreaker. after they cracked it, super mega hot liquified jawbreaker goo flew all over and actually burned one of the girls.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I remember that episode. I lol'd pretty hard.

Personally I like the one where they were testing the "scuba tank explosion" thing from Jaws. They ended up at one point only knicking the tank, so to make sure it didnt have an unexpected detonation, they straped c4 to it.

Yummy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The one where they used panties to creating static electricity.

****ing hawt.

Though, more recently, I enjoy the Civil War Rocket. Even more so when they attempted to use salami as a fuel.

Posted by Burn

Ghosthunters>Mythbusters!

Posted by muffla

i liked the one where they had that japinis or chinese man with the rockets under his chair

and the one with the decapiting fans were they eventually uses sharpned blades run by a lawn mower engin perty cook

Posted by Arczu

I watched when they were doing a test to see if you can fire a gun submerged in water. Safe to say you can, but look what happened when the shotgun was fired... wow.

The bullets fired got stuck inside the balistics material and they had to cut it up in order to get them.

You only get one shot too. the round get stuck trying to reload. It was still great. There selecting a bullet to fire...

"This one kills you, and this one kills you and everyone around too!"

Quoted post: You only get one shot too. the round get stuck trying to reload. It was still great. There selecting a bullet to fire...

"This one kills you, and this one kills you and everyone around too!"

Two different episodes.

Posted by Arczu

What? I could have sworn...

The one where they fired a bullet from the air into water and the one they shoot with the gun already underwater were different.

The one I'm talking about was in the same episode with the sausage fueled rocket.

Posted by Dexter

Did they ever do that experiment to show if falling into jello would hurt less than falling into water? :confused:

Quoted post: What? I could have sworn...

The one where they fired a bullet from the air into water and the one they shoot with the gun already underwater were different.

The one I'm talking about was in the same episode with the sausage fueled rocket.

Last week's episode was a revisit. The salami rocket and submerged bullet were on the same episode which were revisits to the Civil War/Confederate rocket and air to water bullet myth. The quote you used was from the air to water myth.

Quoted post:
Did they ever do that experiment to show if falling into jello would hurt less than falling into water?

Pretty sure I've seen them all, and I haven't see that... since when the **** is that ever going to happen?

Posted by Dexter

I guess there is a myth about falling into jello being less painful then falling into water. I've only seen about 3 episodes and I didn't know they only tested myths that have a bigger possibility of happening.

Posted by NES Queen

falling into jello isnt all that fun. its cold. and mushy. and if you fall from a decent height it doesn't offer much support or cushioning.

last summer i had the bruises to prove it. :/

*myth busted*

Quoted post: I guess there is a myth about falling into jello being less painful then falling into water. I've only seen about 3 episodes and I didn't know they only tested myths that have a bigger possibility of happening.

Well no, they've tested some pretty improbable things before, but it's usually a well known myth, or something that has supposedly happened.

Posted by Dexter

The jello myth is huge in the states.

And Queen, when I get to New York, I want to fall into jello. I must experience it, no matter what bruises it may bring my way.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, myth busters is awesome.

Quoting NES Queen: falling into jello isnt all that fun. its cold. and mushy. and if you fall from a decent height it doesn't offer much support or cushioning.

last summer i had the bruises to prove it. :/

*myth busted*

Where did you get jello big enough??

Posted by NES Queen

[URL="http://www.classicfoodspecialties.com/30.html"]More Jell-O than you could ever want[/URL] If you're ever gonna do it, you need the no-chill variety.

After shipping it came out to around $60 for 18 gallons worth. The first kiddie pool I had was way too big, so we turned it into the rinse off pool and went to get a smaller one. Even with the smaller pool, 18 gallons only came up to around mid-calf deep. We certainly weren't knee deep and able to drown each other in it, but it was good enough for my needs so I could cross one more thing off my list of things to do before I die.

and Dex.... I still have the pools. So if you ever do make it out this way be sure to let me know. I still need to try out the raspberry variety ;)

Posted by Draxamus

I WANNA BANG KARI BYRON

(Stop deleting my posts, LOSERS)