VoiP

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

So - Wii Connect24 and a speaker in the controller. Does anyone else see VoiP being very possible with Wii? Even if you didn't have it connected to a TV it would still work through the controller. All we need is a tiny mic attachment and we're done.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, I'd rather not have to talk into the Wiimote while swinging it everywhere. Nor hold it up to my ear to listen. Headset would be preferable.

...well yes. But I'm not talking about in-game. The speaker on the conrtroller means you can hear the ringer when you're watching TV, for example. Then you pop your headset on and press A.

"Hello?"

Heh, that's actually a pretty interesting idea. Also a better one. Though of course, anything is better than talking into a controller tha you're required to swing around =P

Posted by Bebop

Whats VOIP? I dont undersatnd :c

VoIP is Voice over Internet Protocol. Phone over the 'net. Talking over internets. Free chat.

Posted by TendoAddict

It would be a nice idea. But knowing how competitive some people get you would have to watch the rating of some games.

If they had internet Multiplayer for SM:G I know some 12 year old would get scared for life if a 21 year old cussed him out for winning a match.

Quoted post:
In they had internet Multiplayer for SM:G I know some 12 year old would get scared for life if a 21 year old cussed him out for winning a match.

It's usually the twelve year-old that cusses out the other players. Usually.

1: It would only be allowed between Friends. You don't give your phone number out to random people, do you?
2: I don't think that in-game, it's that much of a good idea. Maybe for co-ordinating attacks or whatever in an RTS, but otherwise, it's not necessary ecept to ****-talk.

Quoted post: You don't give your phone number out to random people, do you?

All the time.

THAT'S NOT EASY, FREE AND SAFE NOW, IS IT

Posted by Zeta

Vamps frostbitten. It's the best kind of protection you can get.

[Insert my opinion of VoiP]

Quoted post: THAT'S NOT EASY, FREE AND SAFE NOW, IS IT

It's all three of those. I don't pay the bills, it's just a number, and who's going to track me down and rape me?

Who I ask.

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]It's usually the twelve year-old that cusses out the other players. Usually.
Indeed , but The Parents could sue nintendo for having there son subjected to such harsh Language (wich wouldnt be too suprizing ¬_¬) . But a 21 year cannot sue a 12 year old.

[quote]You don't give your phone number out to random people, do you?
Yeah I do.
And people always call me up asking me what's my favorite scary movie. You're point?

Quoting Vampiro: It's all three of those. I don't pay the bills, it's just a number, and who's going to track me down and rape me?

Who I ask.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting TendoAddict: Indeed , but The Parents could sue nintendo for having there son subjected to such harsh Language.

Doesn't that 'Game experience may change during online play' warning pretty much make Nintendo immune to that?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Zeta: Doesn't that 'Game experience may change during online play' warning pretty much make Nintendo immune to that?

Oh yeah it does.

But Do the parents care that they let a kid younger 18 play GTA and turn violent stop stupid parents from sueing even though it says its not for kids under 18 in the first place?

Does it stop the fattys that sue McDonalds for them not telling them that there food wasnt healthy even though they knew they were eating fat filled burgers and greasy @$$ fries?

The cases wouldnt go far. Im just saying the bad pr isnt good for nintendo.

Posted by Drewboy64

Xbox live asnt sued before i dont think

Quoted post: Oh yeah it does.

But Do the parents care that they let a kid younger 18 play GTA and turn violent stop stupid parents from sueing even though it says its not for kids under 18 in the first place?

Does it stop the fattys that sue McDonalds for them not telling them that there food wasnt healthy even though they knew they were eating fat filled burgers and greasy @$$ fries?

The cases wouldnt go far. Im just saying the bad pr isnt good for nintendo.

Point is, hasn't happened yet. Probably never will. The kids shouldn't be playing the games in the first place, and even if they do, the ESRB rating warns them every time they turn on a console. As for bad PR, it'll probably be dismissed before anything negative could happen.