Open challenge

Posted by Kiyoshi

It's been too long my friends. Too long. I need a good battle to get me going again. So who wants to be my first opponent? I don't care who it is, or if your a noob or what. Just give me a good battle and I'll be satisfied. You get arena. Just jump in!

Siggies are a no-no here. -- Crono

Posted by Strike

Yellowstone National Park, and Strike sat peacefully upon a wooden bench perched along a hiking trail in the forest. The forest was relatively empty of tourists today; the park was closed, though such legal frailties had never impeded Strike from enjoying something he felt like he ought to; in this case, the peaceful serenity of a nearby running stream, trees rustling gently in the wind, and small birds and animals going about daily errands.

He folded his arms behind his head, allowing the pretty white noise of it all to penetrate his weiried skull; finally a sanctuary from the bustle of life. A place to find rest from it all, to allow recovery.

Or so he thought.

His eyes fluttered closed, not wanting to reopen, and he began to doze.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Jochebel watched her prey from up in a nearby tree. It seemed her query had fallen asleep. If she had learned nothing at the monestary, she had learned never to attack an unaware person. She waited patiently crouched up in the branches. Finally she couldn't stand the wait any longer, and whistled shrilly.

Strike woke with a start at the sound. Jochebel smiled, and threw one of her kunai, and hit Strike in the shoulder, to let him know that he wasn't alone. Strike pulled out the knife surprised. But he was even more surprised when the knife flew out of his hand and up into a tree.

Jochebel jumped down in front of Strike. She stared calmly at him and said, "Hello, I'm Jochebel and I'll be your assasin today."

Posted by Strike

[COLOR="lightgreen"][COLOR="navy"]“Oh?” [/COLOR]said Strike, shaking out his arm whose shoulder had been so rudely stabbed, [COLOR="navy"]“Fascinating...”[/COLOR]

Strike stretched and stood up, casually. He stood nonchalantly, both hands on his hips. Jochebel hurled two more kunai in his direction, which he casually side-stepped. The angelic warrior unfurled two furious blows to her side, taking advantage of his opening. He finished the painful combo with a spinning roundhouse which caught her unpleasantly at the back of her head, sending her tumbling to the ground.

The force of the blow might have killed another, but not Jochebel. Only slightly dazed with the pain she had hardened against with experience, she got to her feet rather quickly. Strike came at her fast, leaping over a sweeping kick and flipping wildly in the air. He landed hard on his would-be assassin, smashing both legs against her skull in a double-booted kick that had her crumpling like an old accordion.

Strike flipped backward, using the kick’s momentum to throw himself into the air. He landed lightly before Jochebel, taking advantage of her dazed and painful state to cast her into the air with a vicious uppercut which caught her stomach, protruding beneath her ribs and driving all breath from her lungs. Suspended in mid-air, Jochebel was practically helpless to avoid what happened next. Strike leapt, rebounded off a tree, kicking from it with both powerful legs. He shot forward like an arrow, smashing his opponent’s chest with both fists.

Like a stone from a fully drawn sling she plummeted backward, crashing against a large fir with agonizing potency. The tree cracked and split, hitting the forest floor with a deafening crash. The tree, however, was in better condition than Jochebel by the simple fact that it was in one piece - very unlike the assasin, who was broken and torn down to the bone.

Strike got swiftly to his feet, awaiting the inevitable retaliation, but confident all the same.[/COLOR]

Posted by Kiyoshi

Jochebel lay still catching her breath. She wished that her employers would tell her more about her target's power. Jochebel rose slowly to her feet. She was glad that being half demon made her more resilient to such attacks. She called her kunai, which promptly flew into her hands.

Jochebel brushed away her hair from her face. Jochebel smiled at Strike as she said, "You're better than I thought you'd be. My employer said nothing of your strength."

'And just who is your employer?" Inquired Strike. He was very curious, and wanted to know more of the girl who stood before him.

"Sorry, i never give out such information." Jochebel said. She braced up ready to attack just as viciously as Strike had attacked her. Jochebel was through playing games. She threw her kunai with deadly spead and accuracy. She flung one after the other. Both peirced Strike in the stomach. Jochebel rushed up with super-human speed and kicked the two kunai deeper into Strike's stomach.

Strike gasped with pain and doubled over, but Jochebel wasn't through yet. She hit him with the side of her hand just below the nape of his neck, causing him to fall foward. Before he hit the ground, Jochebel kicked his chest, sending Strike flying back through several trees before he finally hit the ground.

Jochebel walked along the path she had just kicked Strike's body through. She didn't feel like waiting around for him to come back to her. She walked over to him and saw him lying on the ground, a few feet in front of her.