Blog Proposal

Posted by The Judge

I believe this has been proposed before, but I'm proposing a Guilty Gear blog. ALLOW ME TO STATE MY REASONS!

1. The game is getting increasingly popular amoungst those who play it, which is a fair amount of people here.
2. Making a thread about it in the Fighting Board would make the conversations become cluttered. A game with so much to talk about (for those of you who don't play it, there's a lot) can't be restricted to one thread.
3. On a note of gameplay, I believe that by learning the personal tactics and tricks of other players would help everyone who frequented the blog to become better players.
4. Maple Story got its own blog, for Christ's sake.
5. For those of you who play the game, you'll agree a game like this deserves its own blog.
6. The activity of the blog would be relatively high, as it's my experience that the people here all seem to enjoy getting into long discussions about it.
7. On a note of conversational matter, the game is probably one of the more in-depth fighting games out there, and conversations about different tactics, uses for certain moves, combos, and so on, would be rather lengthy.
8. Due to how much the people who play it enjoy the game, conversations would be on topic and very serious. It wouldn't become another DA.
9. Like 4, there have been many other blogs about more vague, obscure, or less cared-about topics created in the past, and they're still kept. My friends have been playing this game for over a year and we're still just as interested in it, if not more, as when we started.
10. On a personal note, it would reduce the amount of actual subjects that go off topic in DA (lol paradox) with relation to it.

Proposed Moderators: Klarth, Vampiro, Myself, and/or Stalolin. I would say Darksong X, but he never moderates as it is, and Ant already has main boards to moderate. I can already assure you we'd be very diligent with keeping the subject matter serious and on-topic. Seriously guys, give it a chance. You've given crappier things a chance. [spoiler]Stinger: Competitive Pokemon Battling.[/spoiler]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yes! I second this cause!

An entire Blog given to us ranting about the greatness of Anji, Bridget, Faust, Slayer, and Zappa. :D

But seriously, it'd be awesome. Learning off of other players would help me not get my *** kicked online so much.

Please, please let this blog be!

Posted by The Judge

Actually, we'd be discussing how badass Venom, Testament, Jam, Axl, Robo-Ky, and Eddie are.

Posted by Alastor

So long as it's kept on topic. The MapleStory blog didn't even do that for too long.

Sure, go for it.

Posted by shep

Quoting The Judge: Actually, we'd be discussing how badass Venom, Testament, Jam, Axl, Robo-Ky, and Eddie are.

Why do you have to bring that up? testament is great,and eddie is the man.. I think people would be saying "oh I can't wait for the new guilty gear to come,oh,oh, it was so great at E3"( I might be mistakin are we talking about the same game that everyone ripped and raved aboot at E3?) rather than talking about anything else.
but do as you please. I'v never personally played the game but it looks cool, and while we are on the note I think there should be a GTA blog to.

Posted by Stalolin

I proposed this in the Mod Board awhile ago.

They crushed it. =(

Which is why I'm all for this one.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, The Judge, wern't you once a mod!! You should know how to get a blog!! *cough* Mod poll. *cough*

er then again, you might have to have this thread to get some support so the mods vote yes...if this is such a bad idea that odds are they would vote no if this thread didn't exist!!! :D:D

Posted by Zeta

I support this, as I am trying to get my uncle to put Guilty Gear X2 #Reload on my XBox harddrive as soon as possible.

Posted by brownoystercult

Me and Lolin came up with the idea.

So I'm all for it.

Posted by shep

GTA blog?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

*** yes. This game should get the respect it deserves. Though, just because your proposed it, Judge, I don't see it happening.

These are the reasons I foresee:
"lol the Judge?"
"Won't neva stay on topic"
"No one likes Guilty Gear"
"wtf is guilty gear?"

Posted by Klarth

Actually, the poll in the mod board won. Jesse didn't give it the go-ahead because he's a cock.

I want.

Posted by t-kid

hi ya

Posted by GameMiestro

You could just post in the Fighting Games board...

And half of those blogs could exist in other main boards. That's not the point.

Posted by Dreadnought

T-kid: not the best place to introduce yourself. Make a post in the introduction board and try again.

Posted by shep

Quoting shep: Why do you have to bring that up? testament is great,and eddie is the man.. I think people would be saying "oh I can't wait for the new guilty gear to come,oh,oh, it was so great at E3"( I might be mistakin are we talking about the same game that everyone ripped and raved aboot at E3?) rather than talking about anything else.
but do as you please. I'v never personally played the game but it looks cool, and while we are on the note I think there should be a GTA blog to.

sorry people, I guess I was talking about gears of war,my apologies, but I still protest for a GTA blog or board.

Quoted post: orry people, I guess I was talking about gears of war,my apologies,

That's becaue you're dumb.

Posted by shep

your stupid..derrrrrrr

Point proven, thanks.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting GameMiestro: You could just post in the Fighting Games board...

See reason #2.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, but there isn't one thread relating to Guilty Gear in the Fighting Board. You need something to show that it's actually popular with many of the people on the site, not just a core group of veteran members.

Posted by The Judge

Blogs appeal to specific groups of people, so it doesn't matter if everyone likes it, because it's well known that the people on this site who do play it greatly enjoy it. There's far too much to speak about to contain it in one thread and expect it to stay on topic. Really, did you even consider the points I made?

Posted by GameMiestro

I smell post changing. Yeah, there's really no reason not to have this, but the fact that THIS gets a blog and other games DONT makes it a little unfair. So really, the question becomes "why is Guilty Gear better than all of the other games?"

The other result is that we get a huge influx of blogs. :)

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: I smell post changing.

*Points at lack of 'Editted by The Judge at ##:## AM/PM' message in the first post*

Posted by The Judge

Quoting GameMiestro: I smell post changing. Yeah, there's really no reason not to have this, but the fact that THIS gets a blog and other games DONT makes it a little unfair. So really, the question becomes "why is Guilty Gear better than all of the other games?"

The other result is that we get a huge influx of blogs. :)

Or the entire world could drop the concept of universal fairness. Life isn't fair, and I'm sick of hearing that excuse. This game has a fanbase, others don't. The only other one I can think of that people actively talk about nowadays is Smash bros, which has its own section in the main boards anyways. This game gets active discussions very frequently. It's not unfair to give it the respect it deserves.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I'm all for it! Life isn't fair so let's make it a bit more unfair.

Posted by GameMiestro

Fine, fine, we should get the blog...

Posted by Iris

Sure, when you learn how to properly ask for a blog. :cool:

Posted by The Judge

Being as I don't have access to the mod board, wanted to make the proposal, and no mods were present to do it for me, this is the best I could do.

BUT IF YOU'D LIKE TO TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE MOD BOARD, THEN BY ALL MEANS.

Posted by Iris

...that's not how you do it.

You're supposed to ask through private messaging. :(

Posted by The Judge

Well slap me silly. I've never formally asked for one before anyways.

Consider this to be a public version of a private message to you, my lovely Iris. Please grant my wish and make me a blog.

Posted by GameMiestro

Try PM'ing a super mod. I don't think Iris can make blogs...

Posted by Iris

Neither can super-mods, but oh well. Good enough.

Posted by The Judge

I have faith in her.

Posted by Xenos

The process is to PM Jesse or a S-Mod/Mod and they make a poll in the board. When Jesse feels as if there are enough votes to say, "Yes." he'll make it.

Posted by The Judge

*copies and pastes post*

Posted by Stalolin

i am getting in on this mod action, rite?

Posted by The Judge

You, Me, Vampiro, and Klarth

Posted by Stalolin

Awesome, now I need to go get some kind of camera and tape me beating **** up with Millia.

Posted by The Judge

You don't need to prove yourself o_O

Yes he does. I don't think he's ever even played the game before. Prove you have, and you got the spot, *****.

Oh, and to GM: Look at the blogs, if this doesn't deserve it, none of them do.

Posted by Stalolin

rapidshare! [URL="http://rapidshare.de/files/20491652/millia2.wmv.html"]http://rapidshare.de/files/20491652/millia2.wmv.html[/URL]

You can't really see much with this video seeing as how the program I'm using has a hard time with Guilty Gear. I'll tinker with it tomorrow and try it though.

Oh shi, you actually did it? I'll have to watch it later. Badass.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Xenos: The process is to PM Jesse or a S-Mod/Mod and they make a poll in the board. When Jesse feels as if there are enough votes to say, "Yes." he'll make it.

Unless it's a n00bie/wacko blog, I'm the last person to ask. You ask a mod that you know will say yes and make a poll!!! Bad Judge, BAD!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro]Oh shi, you actually did it? I'll have to watch it later. Badass.

Yeah, but at this point the video is crappy quality. You'll watch like five seconds and be like "wtf lolin? more frames per second plz."

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The Judge: You, Me, Vampiro, and Klarth

ACTUALLY, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. LINKMAN SAYS I SHOULD STOP LISTENING TO DEATH METAL AND FORCING PEOPLE TO MOD ME TO THEIR BLOGS.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Klarth]ACTUALLY, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. LINKMAN SAYS I SHOULD STOP LISTENING TO DEATH METAL AND FORCING PEOPLE TO MOD ME TO THEIR BLOGS.

I'm in an image mood today.