Mother's Day

Posted by Xenos

I wanted to get my mom some roses, but it looks like I won't get the chance since no one seems to be willing to take me. Maybe I'll try to get someone to take me to the mall [shivers] to get her something.

So ... for those of you who have mother's day in May, what are you going to be doing?

Posted by Klarth

Phoning my mother and asking her for money.

Eh, I'll probably tell her she's a wonderful person etc etc. She deserves it.

Posted by The Judge

[bad son]I got my mother the first and second seasons of Seinfeld and the fourth season of Married With Children because I just don't care enough to find out what she actually likes, and my step mom X&Y by Cold Play because she asked for it.

On Mother's day, I'll probably call my mom and apologize for missing her birthday.[/bad son]

Posted by mis0

I don't know. I ought to think of something soon, though.

...****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: Phoning my mother and asking her for money.

It's only Mother's Day in America!

amirite. :cool:

Posted by Raptor

I'm not buying my mother anything for Mother's Day, especially after all the advertisements I've seen that insinuate that the best way to make your mother happy is to purchase her something. I'm spending the day with her and will probably take her to the beach. If she's too busy, I'll probably just go to the beach myself and bring her back some nice seashells.

Though, I also graduated today, so she probably thinks of that as a fairly nice gift in itself.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm still trying to think of what card I'm going to make this year.

Posted by coromoro

I will take my mother out for a wonderful brunch and I will give her a nice picture that I drew for her. :)

Posted by Fate

Quoting Klarth: Phoning my mother and asking her for money.

...You should be more appreciative, dear. Just...

Posted by Zeta

You need to do more than give someone birth and raise them for many years to gain their appreciation.

Posted by Fate

You'll miss her when she's gone. :(

Posted by Zeta

Only time will tell.

I'm not the grieving type. I'm the slightly optimistic 'she's in a better place' thinker when it comes to death.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Her gift is the fact that I was ever born.

Oh, and I'm probably taking her out to dinner if I don't accidentally fall asleep.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: It's only Mother's Day in America!

amirite. :cool:

SHE'S IN URUGUAY, GO FIGURE.

[quote=Fate]
...You should be more appreciative, dear. Just...
Well aware of that... She's been put through a lot, and I'm sure I wasn't really helping for the first year or so. She hates the holiday, and she's on the other side of the planet anyway, so I'm not entirely sure what to do.

It was her fiftieth recently, too, and I have something special planned for when I see her in a few weeks. I hope she appreciates it.

Is it rape? I bet it's rape.

Posted by Klarth

...Yeah, close enough. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm giving my mom macaroni artwork that is to be hung from the refrigerator with pride. I actually bought her one of those miniature waterfall things that looks like three wicker baskets stacked ontop of each other, and some bath soap/ general smell good stuff.

I feel like an ass though, as I'm not going to be around the house much today, so I'm spending the morning with her. I'm auditioning for a band today, seeing a good friend from high school who moved a while back, and then I have to get everything ready for my Spring Mini Session that starts tomorrow.

Posted by Sable Wind

I'm drawing a picture for her. I feel awful that I can't drive out and get her something. I know exactly what she wants too--how I wish I could drive! Especially since there's not much I can do other than buy her something, which is a bit pathetic. I've never felt right about giving pictures as gifts to people, dunno why. I'd love a picture as a gift, but I've never wanted to give anyone one.

She didn't have a great night last night. And last Mother's Day, her main gift was getting her gall bladder removed since she got awfully sick that day. Surely this one has to be better than that, but all she got was a pen and some notebook thing. What kind of gifts are those? How thoughtful.

I'd feel wholly unappreciated. I don't want her to feel the same. :(

Posted by Killer Jordo

I got my mom the Blade trilogy, and the next 8 books in her series.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Killer Jordo]I got my mom the Blade trilogy
So you could watch them yourself, yeah?

So she could choke and die on the terribleness, thus him inheriting whatever money she has.

Posted by Iris

I got my mom a mini-refrigerator. Now I don't have to see her ever leave her room. :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

I bought my mom a nice flat screen TV for her bedroom. I figured she could use a nicer one than that crappy old piece of junk she calls a TV she used before.

Posted by Pit

I got her a rabbit. Stimulate the clitoris and penetrates at the same time. I mean at my dads age I know he cant do anything