Assassin's Creed Running on 360s?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://digg.com/gaming/PS3_exclusive_Assassins_Creed_was_running_on_360_at_E3

Yeah, that's the only link I could find that hasn't been taken down yet. It was supposedly on IGN until they were threatened to remove it. It was also reported on G4.

This is what the IGN article said:

Quoted post:
PS3 demos actually running on XBOX 360.

From IGN (now taken down because of ubisoft threat): http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/708/708431p1.html

A third-person action game in the vein of Prince of Persia, Ubisoft Montreal's newest title shows off the next generation with fantastic texture work, early but promising animations, and newly envisioned levels of Prince/Spider-Men climbing/traversing. But the game, officially, is strictly exclusive to PlayStation 3. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

We'll have more soon.
The news was also on G4 where addam sassler confirmed it. make sure to watch the next rerun of xplay to watch it.

Basically, people were tipped off due to the fact that this is the only PS3 game that used the generic third-party PS2 controller, and the only game to not visibly display the PS3 - instead, it's believe that a 360 is hidden behind the sheet that conceals it.

Anywho, this is interesting news because it's basically the best looking game at E3. And, let's face it, Sony's been having a rough week. Knowing that Sony's best game isn't even running on their console just makes matters worse.

But it also means we might actually get to see the game on the 360 :)

Posted by Bebop

I think it's just a rumour. I mean why do it on a 360 and hide it?

Quoted post: I think it's just a rumour. I mean why do it on a 360 and hide it?

Supposedly it was meant as a 360 game and developed as one. So, they could bring it over fast enough and knowing it's a pretty huge game, they decided to show it anyways.

That's the story at least.

Posted by Axis

I'm pretty sure that this game will be coming to the 360. Project Assassin by Ubisoft was announced back at X05, so it's no suprise to me that it's running on a 360.

Posted by Random

They ran Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360 but theres no plans as of yet to put it on the 360. They may make a MGS 4 Substance version of some sort a year later or so but I somewhat doubt it.

This doesn't really suprise me.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: They ran Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360 but theres no plans as of yet to put it on the 360. They may make a MGS 4 Substance version of some sort a year later or so but I somewhat doubt it.

This doesn't really suprise me.

They never ran MGS4 on the 360, Kojima said from what he knew of the hardware they could.

Posted by Winky

why would they adapt it over to the 360 if they aren't planning on releasing it to 360? no one would waste money like that

EDIT: I read the thread over (instead of my usual skimming) and decided this is just a bunch of rumour crap. B.S. it was developed for 360 first due to it being one of ps3's platform buyer games.
so yea, these rumours suck.

Posted by Last Fog

I dont get it... Why was it running on a 360 if the game was originally developed for ps3?

At any rate, this game looks amazing and it really caught my attention more than anything else.

Quoted post: I dont get it... Why was it running on a 360 if the game was originally developed for ps3?

Quoted post: why would they adapt it over to the 360 if they aren't iplanning on releasing it to 360? no one would waste money like that

At any rate, this game looks amazing and it really caught my attention more than anything else.

Quoted post: Project Assassin by Ubisoft was announced back at X05, so it's no suprise to me that it's running on a 360.

Read the thread, nubs.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Quoting eclipseCDN from digg: This game actually got first mention at X05 (an Xbox event). If Ubi was working on the 360 version at first (as the final dev kit was in their hands for long when X05 was in session) and then planning to re-work their code for the PS3 and do a simultanious release on both platforms, but then bussiness kicked in an the PS3 version became time-exclusive, yet the X360 version was running better and far more stable it would make sence to demo it on a 360. Bear in mind that the two consoles performance wise aren't all that far appart and rumor has it that the 360 *might* be a bit easier to develop for.

I dunno, it makes sence. It doesn't really take anything away from the PS3 either, it just means that as of right now, the 360 version is probably further along. This makes sence if the time-exclusive deal was signed within the last month or two.

I sifted around all the Sony haters and found a level headed response. People are just looking for anything that would bring Sony down. Most of them made posts that didnt really help the discussion, just making cheap shots at Sony.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Roger S Huxley: I sifted around all the Sony haters and found a level headed response. People are just looking for anything that would bring Sony down. Most of them made posts that didnt really help the discussion, just making cheap shots at Sony.

Sony is already down, stealing other people's ideas and whatnot.