Smash Brawl director takes suggestions for characters...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6819

Here's the list that I sent to Sakurai-san:

Sonic the Hedgehog
NiGHTS
Simon Belmont
MegaMan
Leon S. Kennedy
Captain N
Captain Harlock (Hey, who says only video game characters can be in it? Besides, he has to have been in a game or 3.)
Adol Christin

Posted by Zeta

King Dedede
Ridley
Mike (From Startropics)
Soma Cruz
Geno
MegaMan
Sonic the Hedgehog
Fang the Sniper
Pac-Man
Kefka

lol. Kefka in Brawl.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Little Mac from Punch-Out!

... Only one I could think of.

:(

Posted by GameMiestro

Needs Fawful and Jimmy (the disco guy from WarioWare)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Prince Peasley from Superstar Saga! Isaac from Golden Sun! Max from Advance Wars!

The possibilites are endless.

:cool:

Posted by Screenname

King DeeDee
Sonic
Megaman
Hell even Crash Bandacoot

The 64 game is the reason I came here.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Jimmy Neutron
A pack of fries

Posted by Tails

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
A Moogle!
Pac-Man
Megaman
Fawful (SO! MUCH! FURY!!!)
And King Hippo! You CAN'T forget King Hippo!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I can imagine the guy completely regretting this.

Posted by Ant

Actually, Viewtiful Joe would be a good character. What with all his crazy WACKY moves.

Posted by Pit

Parappa the Rapper
DDR Dance Pad
Sandbag
A rug

Posted by Dog

Sonic
Crash Bandicoot
Cloud (maybe)
Megaman and/or/ Zero
Pac-Man

i'll keep adding to the list as i think of more good characters.

Posted by Klarth

Adolf Hitler.

Posted by Zeta

Hitlers been confirmed. ******* Churchills confirmed also.

EDIT: WTF Winston is censored?

Posted by Dog

shit i can't believe i didn't think of that one.

Quoted post: EDIT: WTF ******* is censored?

Jesse's a stupid baby. He lives there.

Posted by Klarth

Does Hitler have an oven attack?

He'd better.

Quoted post: Does Hitler have an oven attack?

He's better.

Gas Chamber Genocide GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Posted by brownoystercult

Paper Mario
Guy from Baiten Kaos
and a character from Animal Crossing

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]Crono![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]that is all...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000](You know its good..)[/COLOR]

Posted by Xaldin

Kratos (Tales Of Symphonia),
Megaman,
Pacman,
Master Cheif (lol),
FPS Doug (Pure Pwnage, double lol),
Sonic,
Tails,
Guy From Picmin (Picmin, My friend told me to put this)
Waluigi,
A custom Robo (Custom Robo)
Jesus... seriously

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Omar
Birdo
Bomberman
Tom Nook (down B would be 1,000 Bells attack :D)
Baby Bowser
Baby Mario
Ash/Gary/ Random Pokemon Master
Isaac
Billy and Jimmy Lee

Posted by Red

Quoting Pit: Parappa the Rapper
DDR Dance Pad
Sandbag
A rug

parapa rappa the rapper was on Nintendo ?

Ryu Hayabusa.

Quoted post: parapa rappa the rapper was on Nintendo ?

Third parties are open to send their characters over to SSBB.

Posted by Fate

Paper Mario better be in it. I'm fixing for Isaac, too. More females, plz.

Leon has a bullet gun. That won't work.
:(

Posted by Zeta

The Merchant would make a much better character than Leon. :)

The Merchant would suck, seeing as how he was pretty weak... and I coundn't possibly imagine what his move-set would be.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro: The Merchant would suck, seeing as how he was pretty weak... and I coundn't possibly imagine what his move-set would be.

I'm pretty sure that was meant to be a joke.

...his grab better be, "Hahahaha!", and his throw better be, "Thank you!"

Quoted post: I'm pretty sure that was meant to be a joke.

... uh, yeah, no kidding.

Posted by Xaldin

OMG...Optimus Prime
he would totally pwn everyone...and he could use some kingd of car move to run over everyone kinda like yoshi's move when he turns into an egg...

Maybe a Marvel or DC comics hero should be in it somewhere... Iron Man? Hulk? Wolverine? Batman?

Also what about like Diddy Kong or Conker? -Diddy Kong Racing/ Donkey Kong Country/ Conkers Bad Fur Day...

Quoted post: Maybe a Marvel or DC comics hero should be in it somewhere... Iron Man? Hulk? Wolverine? Batman?

Batman. Throw **** tons of money in the players face to stun them. Much like metwo's down+b

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Xaldin: OMG...Optimus Prime
he would totally pwn everyone...and he could use some kingd of car move to run over everyone kinda like yoshi's move when he turns into an egg...

Maybe a Marvel or DC comics hero should be in it somewhere... Iron Man? Hulk? Wolverine? Batman?

Also what about like Diddy Kong or Conker? -Diddy Kong Racing/ Donkey Kong Country/ Conkers Bad Fur Day...

Dude, they'll never put third-party characters in the game. Are you stupid or something? Man, come on, you're such an idiot. Come on, man.

Posted by Xaldin

Quoting Klarth: Dude, they'll never put third-party characters in the game. Are you stupid or something? Man, come on, you're such an idiot. Come on, man.

k... I dont like to be called an idiot for one... second with the information given by nintendo and through nintendo's history you're right but considering the fact that they put two characters (Snake, MetaKnight) which may not have any relation to games (Metaknight) or any relation to Nintendo (snake) then maybe other characters that you obviously are so sure about not being in the game will... Most likely they will not but I only put in that suggestion as a comment to show the fun of the characters or type of characters stated, being in the game... to actually believe that I really think that optimus prime or a marvel character would be in the game and to call me an idiot for saying it in a discussion about *possible* characters, shows your ignorance, stupidity, and/ or maturity...

BTW: I believe in equivalence and think an insult toward you should be returned, but I also belive in maturity something you obviously have none of...

*Maybe that was my insult*

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Xaldin: k... I dont like to be called an idiot for one... second with the information given by nintendo and through nintendo's history you're right but considering the fact that they put two characters (Snake, MetaKnight) which may not have any relation to games (Metaknight) or any relation to Nintendo (snake) then maybe other characters that you obviously are so sure about not being in the game will... Most likely they will not but I only put in that suggestion as a comment to show the fun of the characters or type of characters stated, being in the game... to actually believe that I really think that optimus prime or a marvel character would be in the game and to call me an idiot for saying it in a discussion about *possible* characters, shows your ignorance, stupidity, and/ or maturity...

BTW: I believe in equivalence and think an insult toward you should be returned, but I also belive in maturity something you obviously have none of...

First of all, he was joking.

Second of all, Metaknight does have relations to games. He was from the Kirby games.

Quoted post: Second of all, Metaknight does have relations to games. He was from the Kirby games.

Hal created Kirby, Hal created Smash, Hal is first party.

Quoted post: or any relation to Nintendo (snake)

Started out on a Nintendo platform, came back with Twin Snakes, Kojima apparently loves Nintendo.
[COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="1"]some of that may be wrong, i dont care to double check[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Rockman (( Original Rockman))
SearchmanEXE ((Rockman.EXE))
Blues ((Original Rockman series))
Black Mage ((Final Fantasy))
Meryl (( Metal Gear Solid))
Cyborg Ninja ((Metal Gear Solid))
Ike ((Fire Emblem))
Boyd ((Fire Emblem))
Black Knight ((Fire Emblem))
Greil ((Fire Emblem))
Birdo ((Super Mario))
Sonic ((Sonic))
Tails ((Sonic))
Geno ((Super Mario RPG))
Mallow ((Super Mario RPG))
Axem Rangers Red, Green, Black, Yellow, and Pink ((Super Mario RPG))
Paper Mario ((Paper Mario))

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]I suggested:
Megaman and DJango, the gundelsol guy from Boktai. (If that is his name.)[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Xaldin: k... I dont like to be called an idiot for one... second with the information given by nintendo and through nintendo's history you're right but considering the fact that they put two characters (Snake, MetaKnight) which may not have any relation to games (Metaknight) or any relation to Nintendo (snake) then maybe other characters that you obviously are so sure about not being in the game will... Most likely they will not but I only put in that suggestion as a comment to show the fun of the characters or type of characters stated, being in the game... to actually believe that I really think that optimus prime or a marvel character would be in the game and to call me an idiot for saying it in a discussion about *possible* characters, shows your ignorance, stupidity, and/ or maturity...

Alright, I was kidding, but now I'm actually convinced that you're retarded. Ever hear of Kirby Super Star, son? Of course not! You were born in 1996.

Posted by Xigbar

Dude thats so funny... Xaldin came to my house and was all ****ed because he thinks he knows more about games than everyone...lmao

Well to make this relevant... how about a Goomba or a Koopa as a playable character... maybe even Waluigi... hes pretty cool

Viewtiful Joe Rocks... even though i only played like 2 minutes of the game, he could work...

Just a suggestion...

Posted by Arcadios

paper mario
paper luigi
paper peach
paper bowser
Toadsworth lol
Waluigi
Daisy(not just an outfit like in melee)
Bowser jr
all the kooplings
baby mario
baby luigi
all the suits from SMB 3 and SMW
koopa
parakoopa
goomba
paragoomba
hammer bros.
megaman
protoman
roll
bass
megaman x
zero
sonic
tails
knuckles
ammy
pacman
ms pacman
ghosts
jin from tekken
kazuya
law
paul
bryan
devil
devil jin
heihachi
and wind waker link
some of these are unrealistical but if snake is in there that opens the doors of hell and anyone can manage to show up on brawl.

Posted by Winky

Dante From Devil May cry (ps2)
Kid-Yang from legend of the mystical ninja (snes)

Posted by coromoro

All I want is Isaac! :(

Posted by lanzer

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/no6.html

yo question what the hell is this?

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting lanzer: http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/no6.html

yo question what the hell is this?

A page in moon language.

I think it's all the suggestions so far, from what I can tell some of them seem to be suggesting characters and items, while others explain how much they will enjoy seeing certain new characters and how much they love Nintendo, etc. etc.

Posted by Stalolin

I really wanna see Ghaleon from the Lunar series. Which would probably work out considering that Working Designs is dead.

Posted by maian

I love how half the characters you guys suggest are COMPLETELY third party, from games that are completely obscure, or characters that just wouldn't work.

...Some people are just being too imaginitive. =/

Quoted post: I love how half the characters you guys suggest are COMPLETELY third party, from games that are completely obscure, or characters that just wouldn't work.

Any character could fit into the SSB world. I mean, just look at Captain Falcon.

Posted by Pit

Quoting maian: I love how half the characters you guys suggest are COMPLETELY third party, from games that are completely obscure, or characters that just wouldn't work.

Yeah cause like Solid Snake isn't third party, has only been on Gamecube. Not on PS2 or XBox at all, yup.

Quoted post: Yeah cause like Solid Snake isn't third party, has only been on Gamecube. Not on PS2 or XBox at all, yup.

and NES :)

Posted by maian

That's not what I was implying. :(

I know Solid Snake has been on several Nintendo platforms, so it's okay to have him. But because of this, people are suggesting people that have never even been on Nintendo. It's like trying to get Master Chief onto SSBB.

Anyhow, my list would be this. With more to come.

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (Take your pick)
Toad
Boo
Wind Waker Link
Medli

All I really want to see is some more original characters. I mean, sure, a bunch of Mario copies are fine (Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, and now Wario who'll be like a slow, but strong Mario) and don't get me started on Captain Falcon and Ganondorf having the exact same move set either.

Personally, I want to see some changes made to the previous characters before expanding them.

Quoted post: I know Solid Snake has been on several Nintendo platforms, so it's okay to have him. But because of this, people are suggesting people that have never even been on Nintendo. It's like trying to get Master Chief onto SSBB.

Ryu hayabusa has been on a nintendo system :(

Quoted post:
All I really want to see is some more original characters. I mean, sure, a bunch of Mario copies are fine (Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, and now Wario who'll be like a slow, but strong Mario) and don't get me started on Captain Falcon and Ganondorf having the exact same move set either.

Dr. Mario and Ganon were clones... of course they have similar movesets. Though that should obviously be done away with in Brawl. But I don't know how you think Luigi and Mario are clones, they play very differently.

Posted by maian

I agree with Sean with Ganondorf. Some of the clones need to go. Actually, I'd like them to have more movesets. They could've done tons of things with Ganondorf, but they didn't. And, they teased us with his swords. :( I wonder if Ganon will be in his mysterious TP image? And Zelda?

Posted by Arcadios

I really think that Sonic and Tails will be on it since EGM pulled the prank and alot of gamers were disapointed.

Quoted post: I wonder if Ganon will be in his mysterious TP image?

We haven't seen Ganon in TP yet. You must be thinking of Zelda... she's under that cloak. Oh, and ALL clones need to be completely revamped, not just some.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro]We haven't seen Ganon in TP yet. You must be thinking of Zelda... she's under that cloak. Oh, and ALL clones need to be completely revamped, not just some.

Actually, all but Pichu. We'll just kick him out.

And who's copying who with the Marth/Roy thing?

Quoting Stalolin: Actually, all but Pichu. We'll just kick him out.

And who's copying who with the Marth/Roy thing?

Marth and Roy are really similar, but they do have pretty diffrent movesets.

No wait, no they don't, never mind. Marth copied Roy and failed.

Quoted post: And who's copying who with the Marth/Roy thing?

Roy, he's on the outside.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Stalolin: And who's copying who with the Marth/Roy thing?

Don't you unlock Marth first?

Posted by maian

Vamp: Yeah, I worded that wrong. I mean, I wonder if Ganondorf will go by his TP look, since no one even knows what it is yet. =P

...Course, I don't understand why he wouldn't.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: I really think that Sonic and Tails will be on it since EGM pulled the prank and alot of gamers were disapointed.

Unless you weren't incredibly gullible and could tell it was a poorly-done hoax, then there wasn't really much to be disappointed about.

btw, Roy is Marth's clone.

Posted by Fullflamealchemist

Roy is his clone well I think.

Yes, that was decided a month ago. Thanks.

Posted by Psi_Agent_X

fox
falco
krystal
haunted masion luigi
sunshine mario
wind waker link
sonic
tails

all i can think of for now.

Posted by Bebop

Charmillionaire*

*[spoiler]They see me rollin...[/spoiler]

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]For the love of G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d people, if there's any justice in this world you'll all vote Geno in.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Fusajiro Yamauchi should also be in there, come to think of it. :mad:

Posted by Ch

Geno
Goemon
Yae
Grey Fox

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]-Geno
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong
-King DeDeDe
-King K.Rool
-Wolf O'Donnel
-Little Mac
-Mallow
[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

I haven't actually seriously replied to this yet. Oops!

- Geno (mario rpg)
- Cel-shaded Link (wind waker)
- Ridley (metroid)
- Lord Cyber (f-zero mv)
- Samurai Goroh (f-zero)
- Phoenix (f-zero gx)
- Wolf o'Donnel (star fox)
- Miyu (star fox 2)

Third-party characters (Geno should probably go here but what the hell):

- Setzer (ffvi)
- Liquid Snake (mgs)
- Sonic (sonic, obviously)
- Silver (sonic)

Posted by Bebop

I think Diddy is a given. It seems Diddy has been tagging along in all Mario all star games now.

Geno would be great. Mario RPG is one of the best RPGS I've played. But I really want to see Olimar and some Animal Crossing people. More F-Zero people too. The original 4 would do nicely.

As for thirs party: Sonic, Pac Man, Leon S Kennedy, Viewtiful Joe perhaps and maybe those monkies from the Super Ball series.

Posted by Cruxis

well, They already put Solid snake it it so I'm happy.

But...

I actually would like to see-

THE *** OF WAR
Inyuasha (Inyuasha Gamecube Game)
Prince (Prince of Persia 3)
DANTE (DMC 3)
Master Cheif (Halo 3)
Leon Kennedy (RE2, RE4)
Chris Redfield (RE5)
Veggita & Goku (Budokia Tenkachi)
Cloud & Sepiroth (KHI)
and any of the Ninja Gadian Characters, in The next Smash bros. Game.

Posted by Pit

You know, if you put master chief, we know he's from halo series, not just halo 3, sam as dante, prince, chris redfield is from re 1 too you know, and cloud and sephiroth though made apparenances in KH I and II they're from Final Fantasy VII YOU ****ING NOOB *** IVE NEVER BEEN SO ****ED OFF IN M Y LIFE.

Posted by maian

for some reason I gave him positive rep. I did lol though.

Dragon Ball Z = No.

FFVII/Kingdom Hearts = No. :)

Posted by CS Ryan

Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails (like Ice Climbers)
MegaMan (Battle Network one)
Bass (Battle Network one)
anyone from Golden Sun

Posted by Arwon

I'm still hoping for Alex Roivas....

Posted by lanzer

anybody see this:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/super-smash-bros-brawl/new-super-smash-bros-brawl-character-unveil-coming-211395.php

Posted by Klarth

Yes. Check the Wii board.

Posted by Ch

I would be so happy if Grey Fox made it in the roster :) :) :)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

It's a good thing half of the suggestions on this thread aren't actually going to make it into the game. Of course, Grey Fox would be cool. And it actually would make sense to be in the game.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

The directions the site gave me didn't work.

But, seeing as how as a pet project I had already worked out a Smash Bros concept with approximately 175 new character concepts, complete with moves, stats and music concepts.

NINTENDO BASED

Young Link (Not the SSBM kind, this one can transform into the 4 diferent masks from Majora's Mask. Deku, Goron, Zora and Oni. Oni's tough, but lacks a recovery move. Deku's weak but can recover great distances.)

Wind Waker Link (A lighter, faster Link with unique twists on the style)
Baby Bros (Baby Mario & Luigi as a tag team)
Diddy & Dixie (Tag team, their Taunt switches the leader)
Ridley
Issac
Felix
Jenna
Blaziken
Ash (One move is Master Ball which snares a foe much like Yoshi's turning opponents into eggs, except it's projectile)
Mach Rider
Dr Wright
Ray 01
Swift (From Custom Robo)
Ganon (The pigish style with the Trident and Firebats from ALTTP)
Hammer Bro (I have an amazing system for him, but it takes to long to describe)
Paper Mario (Fights completely different than Mario)
Geno
Daisy (Using sports related attacks involving timing and precision)

CHRONO TRIGGER / CROSS

Crono
Magus
Ayla (Up B move being Triple Kick, working like Pikachu's Quick Attack)
Frog
Glenn
Serge
Kid
Lynx

FINAL FANTASY (ALL)

Kain
Cecil (Paladin and or Dark Knight forms)
Edge
Golbez
Terra (Can transform into Esper form like Zelda into Shiek)
Celes
General Leo
Shadow (With Interceptor as a support, like Ice Climbers)
Mog
Edgar
Cloud
Sepheroth
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Squall
Siefer
Auron
Tidus
Paine
Vaan
Fran
Benjamin (The main character from Mystic Quest)
Chocobo
Tonberry

SEGA

HUmar (Phantasy Star Online)
Sonic & Tails (Tails as a support)
Knuckles
Shinobi
Vyse
Aika
Guilder

CAPCOM

Touch on ALL the MegaMan franchises, at least the original. Cut Man would be very functional.
Ryu
Chun Li
Ryu (Breath of Fire II: Hit attacks are strong but slow as he needs to quickly transform to attack and than revert)
Katt
Jill Valentine
Leon Kenedy
Firebrand
Arthur (Ghouls & Ghosts)

KONAMI

Alucard
Richter Belmont

MISC

Bomberman
The Avatar (Main Character) from Soul Blazer
Lara Croft
Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)
Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
Q-Bert (3D Rendered)
Chef (3D rendered)
B.O.B
Sheriff (3D Render of the main character from the first Nintendo Game of the same name)
Brian (From Quest 64)

As completely left field idea, with absolutely no practical hope to be in a Smash bros: Darth Maul, Master Chief and Tony Hawk... yes... Tony Hawk. I'm sure he'd love the idea though.:D

PS: Don't get me started on my music, stages, game modes, bonus features, new items and mini games.

Posted by Litbut

OH! Marx, Waddle Doo, Waddle Dee, Smirror, Gym, Knuckle Joe. Geno would be nice. Koopa Troopa, DK Jr. too. Ridley if I didn't mention him, Kraid, Draygon, Mother Brain second form too.

Posted by Cyphus

HOLY ****, look at my signature info, lmao....WOW..whats it been...2 years?!? haha

ya'll do know of smashboards.com, yes? =)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

shut the **** up

hi Cyphus :)

If they were to go to smashboards.com, *** knows everyone here might like, become decent at the game, so don't tell them to go to smashboards.com. ***

Sup 8)

Posted by Degeneration

SMRPG's Geno is the obvious first choice. Almost everyone wants him in it. Felix/Isaac would also be great.

It'd be pretty easy to include a Custom Robo fighter. They'd have so many moves to choose from. Ray-01 even has a dash attack like Fox does in SSBM.

Oh, yeah. Less Pichu, more Blaziken. I'm also hoping that the rumor is true about WW Link replacing Young Link. Heck, I wouldn't mind if there was only one Link this time.

Roy is one of my two best characters, but he isn't very significant. Ike could replace him.

Outside of that... Megaman, Bomberman, Sonic, or somebody from a popular old Square RPG. "Or", not "and". I've had it with these mother****ing non-exclusive characters on this mother****ing plane.

Posted by Bebop

Alex Kidd. :)

Posted by Colonel

Leon Kennedy :cookie2:

Posted by muffla

N64 kid

Posted by Creedence

MegaMan, or even better yet, X and Zero.

I never new this and I'm probably an idiot, but Res. Evil 2 was also for the N64, so Leon might actually have a shot in the future.

Posted by inequity

Zack from Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Posted by TwilightPhoenix0402

[COLOR=red]I hope they put Oni Link, Zora Link, Goron Link, and (I can't believe I'm saying this ) Deku Link. I want to see Oni Link or Zora Link more, though.[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

good ideas..... but i wanna get you started angarion the brave

so what are your ideas of stages, items, mini games , and anything else you got....????

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: good ideas..... but i wanna get you started angarion the brave

so what are your ideas of stages, items, mini games , and anything else you got....????

You know he made that post seven months ago, right?

Posted by O.T.L

no I didnt, i just looked at it a few minutes ago ...