Finally, a game based on a crime film I actually care about!

Posted by Big Boss

Not counting The Matrix trilogy, Heat is my favorite film ever. Of course, knowing the bad history of movie-based games, especially with the overflow of classic movie-to-game sequels/conversions we're getting as of late, it's easy to lose hope with this particular license.

Then again, The G[color=yellowgreen]o
dfather has been getting solid reviews, and Heat's director, Michael Mann, is on board to oversee the project.

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6150948.html"]Here's the GameStop article.[/url]

Hopefully it won't be just about shooting mindlessly, but actually about planning robberies and executing them accordingly; or just play the cop and figure out a heist before it happens and plan ahead to catch them in the act. Since it'll be a sequel or prequel, we'll likely play new characters other than the main stars.

Wishful thinking, but who knows...[/color]

Posted by s0ul

Dude, Heat was the worst movie ever, and it had Al Pacino and Robert Deniro. You have to try pretty **** hard to mess up a movie with those two.

Edit: Ah, yes, forgot Val Kilmer. No wonder.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Big Boss]odfather has been getting solid reviews.[/color]

I've watched my friends play that game, and it looks to me pretty much like "Look, guys! It's GTA... except, it's G[color=indigo]odfather, too!" Not necessarily a bad thing, if you were a GTA fan.[/color]

Posted by Unite

Quoting Linko_16: I've watched my friends play that game, and it looks to me pretty much like "Look, guys! It's GTA... except, it's G[color=indigo]odfather, too!" Not necessarily a bad thing, if you were a GTA fan.[/color]

then why are you making it sound like a bad thing?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]then why are you making it sound like a bad thing?

Wow, reading comprehension FTL.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Unite: then why are you making it sound like a bad thing?

Because, all-in-all, game cloning should be avoided most of the time. Yeah, I know Nintendo does it too, so don't try to pull that card.