PSP PS1 EMULATER??????

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i just finished watching the sony conference and he played ps1 ridge racer does anyone know more about this because i love ps1 and me wanty:-D

Posted by Klarth

Yeah he was. A PS1 emulator for PSP with paid download services was confirmed a long time ago.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

BOO YEAH!!!!! LEGENDS FOR LIFE YO!!!!!!

Posted by Red

Legends was indeed a great game, I suddenly feel the urge to do a data dance.

Posted by Steve Urkel

That is swell! I would play the old spyros and crash bandicoots.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Wonder how sony is gonna do this. We've had kernel access forever and even the best of the homebrew crowd can't get anything working solid.

Posted by Klarth

Sony has an official SDK and the firmware source, silly :)

Posted by juliebriggs

parasite eve on psp would be nice :)

Posted by Last Fog

RIIIDGE RAACEEEEERRRR!!!!!!

I hear the psp is just used a rear view mirror or some dumb ****.

Posted by juliebriggs

thats with the ps3 ridge racer game, if u connect the psp to the ps3, it acts as a rear view. useless.. i know

Posted by Steve Urkel

Quoting juliebriggs: thats with the ps3 ridge racer game, if u connect the psp to the ps3, it acts as a rear view. useless.. i know

I think that feature is swell! But now your off topic. The point is about playing PS1 games on PSP.

I think it makes PSP a bit better, cause now it has more games. Kinda like gameboy with it's backlog.

Posted by Last Fog

You know you're pretty stupid and dense for a nerd.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Hows...that's not possible...but...the PSP can't even play N64 roms, how will it play PS1 games????

Posted by Steve Urkel

[quote=Lost Fog]You know you're pretty stupid and dense for a nerd.

and you are stupid for making off comment post.

Quoting PWND_U_IN_MK: Hows...that's not possible...but...the PSP can't even play N64 roms, how will it play PS1 games????

doesn't it have something to do with PS1 is sony and N64 is nintendo? Or it could be the fact PS1 is 32 bit and N64 is 64 bit. thos are my thoughts. either way, the whole thing is swell.

Posted by juliebriggs

not with the current firmware. the older firmware 1.5 is pretty much open source. some of the games run a lil slow, but snes games do run on it

Posted by Klarth

1.50 is anything BUT open-source. The homebrew SDK which allows people to create software for it is, however, and the exploits are fully known.

Most SNES games are fullspeed on firmware 1.50, and 2.00+ is steadily catching up. GBA is nowhere near that because nobody's really paid attention to developing a fullspeed GBA emulator.

[quote=PWND_U_IN_MK]
Hows...that's not possible...but...the PSP can't even play N64 roms, how will it play PS1 games????
There are two N64 emulators for PSP right now. Also, the reason it can play PS1 games fullspeed and not N64 games is down to the fact that Sony have full access to the source code of the PSP's various firmwares - Not only do they have access to this, but they also have access to the source for the PS1 BIOS - Ergo they can port one to the other.

Posted by juliebriggs

1.5 is close enough to open as your gonna get without making your own operating system. i love my 1.5, play alot of super mario world on it lol

Posted by GameMiestro

Maybe you should consider getting the actual games. Just a thought.

Posted by juliebriggs

i have the actual games, i like having a portable version too

Yeah, well whatever.

Remember..

This?

Yeah, that was fake at the time. Know why? I FU[COLOR=WHITE]CKING[/COLOR] MADE IT. So if you saw it on other sites, that's pretty sad. That's the carpeting in my office, and one of my PSPs. All I did was Photoshop some screenshots to be native PSP resolution. However with the advent of this PSP browser, it's gonna be pretty leet.

Posted by Klarth

YOU EVIL MAN.

I won't deny it