Nacho Libre?

Posted by Burn

anybody else seen the previews for this? I saw the trailer a while back and then Jack Black was talking about it when School of Rock was on the other night....I'm not a huge fan of JB, but this looks pretty **** funny....

Posted by Killer Jordo

I'm a fan of Jack Black, and this movie looks quite funny. I swear I thought he was gonna be crappy in King Kong. But he played seriously! I was shocked :eek:

Posted by GameMiestro

naCHO libre...

Sounds like an interesting movie, though.

Posted by Burn

the nun in the trailer reminds me of penelope cruz too....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/nacholibre/

Posted by Poco

Am I the only one who thought this movie looked a pile of ****?

Posted by Burn

you mean from the trailer? I thought it looks pretty funny. Every picture I've seen makes me laugh too. If you liked Napoloeon Dynamite, chances are you will like this even more since it's by the same director and has an even funnier lead guy in it.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Poco: Am I the only one who thought this movie looked a pile of ****?

No.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Poco]Am I the only one who thought this movie looked a pile of ****?

I truly don't think its going to be to great, but I think its going to be much better then Napolean Dynomite.

Posted by Burn

At first I wasn't as stoked about it as i am now....I guess I just think that if you put 1) chubby Jack Black 2) in a freaking Mexican wrestling uniform and 3) with the writer from Napoleon Dynamite, you're gonna have a funny movie.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Isn't it called "Macho Libre"?

Posted by Sean the Wicked

How can someone possibly make a movie, put Jack Black in it and have it suck?

Oh wait...

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Burn]with the writer from Napoleon Dynamite, you're gonna have a funny movie.

Napolean Dynomite was not at all that funny. I laughed 3 times through the whole film. It takes me a lot to laugh and this movie did not make me laugh that much. This movie got to much love and I thought it sucked. But ill watch Nacho Libre just because of Jack Black, if it had anything to do with John Heder I think ill pass.

Posted by maian

Eh, I'll see it one of these days. Probably not in theatres, though. Looking at the pictures, I thought it looked hilarious, but the trailer didn't impress me much.

It looks....okay, I suppose.

Posted by Colonel

Ill probly end up watching this movie somehow, like at a friends house, or on a coach bus, whatever.

Posted by Burn

Quoting Crazy K: But ill watch Nacho Libre just because of Jack Black, if it had anything to do with John Heder I think ill pass.

CrazyK, Jon Heder isn't in this one....It's Jack Black in the main role and an amazingly hot nun (looks like penelope cruz from the trailer and pics) and a few other actors that aren't very famous. . . .I thought Napoleon Dynamite was very funny in the way deadpan humor is funny. That being said, JB brings a lot more physical comedy to the table. He's like John Belushi in that sense. Actually, he reminds me a lot of John Belushi, you know the guy in Animal House/Blues Brothers?

Posted by brownoystercult

all i know is that this will be successful.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Burn]CrazyK, Jon Heder isn't in this one....It's Jack Black in the main role and an amazingly hot nun (looks like penelope cruz from the trailer and pics) and a few other actors that aren't very famous. . . .I thought Napoleon Dynamite was very funny in the way deadpan humor is funny. That being said, JB brings a lot more physical comedy to the table. He's like John Belushi in that sense. Actually, he reminds me a lot of John Belushi, you know the guy in Animal House/Blues Brothers?

I was not saying that, I was saying that if it did have anything to do with John Heder I will have more disgust for it since he is such a horrible actor. Jack Black is no were near the likes of John Belushi. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack black but John Belushi was one of the best.

[Quote=Roinkz]all i know is that this will be successful.

Yeah it probably will be, especially since Napoleon Dynamite did so good. I'm sure it will do much better.

Posted by Roxas23857

Is this suppose to be a good movie because it looks really dumb to me.
But I'm still going to see it though with some friends so maybe i'll change my mind.

Posted by Burrito

Jack Black is awesome, but I really can't tell if this movie is going to be good. It could go either way.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It'll be a success, but I doubt it'll deserve it.

Posted by Burn

CrazyK, I wasn't putting them in the same category of comedic genius, I was just saying that both do physical comedy well....And physical comedy is definitely something you need in a movie about Mexican wrestling....Also, it's funny, but I keep hearing more and more about this movie. My friends are like, "have you heard about that new Jack Black movie, it looks awesome." And Im like "yes, indeed, and it does."

that being said, i have a feeling it might do really well in movie theaters.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Burn]CrazyK, I wasn't putting them in the same category of comedic genius, I was just saying that both do physical comedy well....And physical comedy is definitely something you need in a movie about Mexican wrestling....Also, it's funny, but I keep hearing more and more about this movie. My friends are like, "have you heard about that new Jack Black movie, it looks awesome." And Im like "yes, indeed, and it does."

that being said, i have a feeling it might do really well in movie theaters.

I was just stating who I liked better.

And I do agree that it will be a success in theaters mainly because of Napoleon Dynamite, but other then that I highly doubt its going to be comedy gold, or silver for that matter.