Longest wait for a PS2 game

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I know some REALLY stupid people that camp out in front of stores to get the first copy of a game (which I find idiotic for many reasons) and they claim they have been waiting for this game forever. So, I decided to ask this question: What's the longest time you waited for a PS2 game to come out? My answer to this question is Devil May Cry 3. Hurry up and be out already!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I've never stood outside of a store, awaiting the opening of the doors. The only game that I remember really looking forward to was FFX. But for the most part, I don't really go seraching for information on new games. I'm content with what I have already boughten, or to go to the store and pick up a title that I haven't tried yet, whether it be relatively new or not. Pretty much the only time that I anticipating a title is if I greatly enjoyed the prequel.

Posted by Burn

The only game I actually waited in a line for on release day was Madden 2005, what a let down that was. But I never understood camping outside for a game. Pre-order if your that crazy.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I pre-order many of the games i want to play the first day they come out. But the only occasion where i had to stand in line was when i picked up San Andreas, where i waited for about 20 minutes.[/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

I never pre-order games, because I've never, ever had an issue where a new game is hard to find. However, I will pre-order a game if it comes with a few goodies, like a T-shirt, demo disc, soundtrack, etc.

Final Fantasy IX comes to mind as a game I waited a long time for. Too bad it didn't live up to its name like FFVII and VIII did before it.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I've only pre-ordered one game, and I'll never do it again. Lesson learned.

Posted by Nizmo

I can understand waiting outside a store for the release of a console, but doing that for a game is absolutely ridiculous. If a 'big' game was to be released, retailers would be sure to stock up on quite a lot before releasing them. So there'd be no need to worry about whether or not they'd be sold out; although, I've heard of a few cases. Consoles are limited in supplies, if they're gone, then it'll be frustrating to wait for the next stock of them to come, while people who have got the console boast about it in your face. I've never pre-ordered, because I've never found the need to. Not even for all those double reward points offers ;]

The game I've waited longest for, though, would be GT4. I still haven't got it, but that'll change by the end of next week.

Posted by boomstick

I usually just preorder games, so I won't have to go through the whole waiting for stores to restock or whatever, I just fell it's easier in the long run.

Probably, *** Of War, ever since I first heard of it I've eagerly waited it's release, just a few more days till March 22nd.

Posted by ARC

Talk about weird! I think its a little crazy to camp out side just to get a stink'in game!
If youre really that desperate to get a game than go and order it online,buy it from a friend,or figure out a way to get it. Beleive me, im sure one of those things would work out if you were to be that desperate!