Gun shell revealed

Posted by Klarth

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707077p1.html

****ing FANTASTIC. Duck Hunt 2. Now.

Posted by Bebop

Cool. Would make playing FPS games cooler.

Posted by Klarth

I'd feel more comfortable with the nunchuk in my left hand.

Posted by Bebop

Same. I hope using the stick on the gun is an option. I'd rather have one arm at my side controlling movemtn while my other hand frantically moves independantly.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Myself, I'll probably be using the gun attatchment more than the nunchaku. I think it will be more fun.

Posted by Last Fog

Thats pretty sweet. the two separate devices seem kind of clunky for FPS after watching them play the demo of red steel.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I like it. Very much. Though I wish the nunchaku attachment could be integrated in there somehow - I can't imagine myself being able to co-ordinate movement, aim and firing with only half my fingers.

Now we just need the sword attachment.

:cool:

Posted by Axis

Looks awesome, I'll definitely pick it up when it's released.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'd rather use nunchaku for FPS's, but this or something like it would be great for a game like Resident Evil.

Posted by nich

OK, now I'm getting concerned. This is turning into the vgcats comic situation. I'm really not into shelling out money for an add-on for every genre.

Posted by Dexter

Although I don't like guns, I could easily see myself having an enjoyable time with this device. It looks so smooth and would make the experience of FPS games far superior. Although I can't imagine it being easy to play games like Goldeneye and TimeSplitters using this device because there are so many other buttons to use, such as the C buttons to move sideways or simply move faster. It's difficult to imagine a new Duck Hunt game, too. I'm interested in seeing how it works out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting nich: OK, now I'm getting concerned. This is turning into the vgcats comic situation. I'm really not into shelling out money for an add-on for every genre.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was entirely optional, or if these were packaged with the games - after all, Wii development will be far cheaper than X360 and PS3, amirite?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: OK, now I'm getting concerned. This is turning into the vgcats comic situation. I'm really not into shelling out money for an add-on for every genre.

They aren't going to charge much, I'm sure. Seeing as how Nintendo wants this to be an affordable console, it would be counter-intuitive. Plus, it's not like you HAVE to use these things. The Wiimote all ready covers most of everything. These are just for people who want them.

Anywho, IGN should sue Nintendo. I lol'd at how similar the two are, but I'm also glad. I remember seeing the mock-up and thinking how cool it was, so it's good to know Nintendo decided to use it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Think we'll be able to dual-wield them?

:cool: