Wii gets Resi Evil

Posted by Bebop

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150075

Discuss.

I'm happy. I loved Resident Evil 4. Whether or not Wii will receive the action driven Resi 5 or a slower, darker Resi like the orignals I'm sure the controller will complment it well.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I wonder who's directing/producing the game, since Shinji Mikami chopped his head off.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I wonder who's directing/producing the game, since Shinji Mikami chopped his head off.
Lol I think he went back on his promise...

I bet they're referring to RE5. It's possible, but I dont think they'd develop a seperate new game for wii in the same series when RE5 is already gonna be multiplatform.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Either way, this makes me happy. I can't wait to see if it's new, or just RE5. :D

Posted by Last Fog

Personally I would like to see a game like the old ones, but I dont think thats the case. I'm not a big fan of RE4, I like it, but it strays too far from the series' roots.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought that. It was a very good game indeed. I missed all the zombie-isms and the old gameplay. I hope RE5 will go back to the example the earlier games in the series had set.

Posted by ExoXile

RE4 was basically a spin-off.
So the RE for Wii might be a 'RE4-2'~?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting ExoXile: RE4 was basically a spin-off.
So the RE for Wii might be a 'RE4-2'~?
Not really... RE4 is part of the main series and the first to demonstrate the new type of gameplay.

Posted by ExoXile

Other than that Umbrella was mentioned a few times, and that Leon was the main character.

RE4 didn't really have much to do with RE.
Or, I see it like that, anyway.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706951p1.html: Publisher Capcom today announced that it is underway with a new Resident Evil game developed [highlight]exclusively[/highlight] for Nintendo's Wii console. The game will take advantage of the system's unique controller for a new take on the atmospheric franchise.

It says it's exclusive, so I assume that it's not RE5. I would like it to have the same style of gameplay, though. I really liked RE4.

Posted by Dexter

As long as I get to use the controller as a flashlight like in the videos, then I'll be excited. :)

Posted by ExoXile

You'll probably use the remote as the flashlight, and the nunchuck~ as the weapon.

I must say, I am higly looking forward to that! :P

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've always hated the RE series. 4 didnt seemed like it would be fun, but I hated the controls. Maybe this will be the first RE I can actually get into.

Posted by ExoXile

LoS's too scared to play them RE games. :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Glad they're making a new game for the Wii, rather than RE5. It wouldn't have been a good idea, what with it looking a lot worse and probably ported poorly.

Here's hoping for tons of atomsphere and cool Wii controls.