Idiots Think Wii Is Awesome Too

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210370,00.html

A write-up in the Sun already. I love how Zelda's graphics are 'jaw-droppingly beautiful'. And they're on par with the GameCube.

Actually, come to that - has the Wii version got a graphic upgrade? I don't remember seeing anything that said they were that different...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It looked like it was running at a higher framerate, at the very least.

Posted by ExoXile

MP3?
Looked quite awesome.

And RedSteel didn't look all that bad, either.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]It looked like it was running at a higher framerate, at the very least.

Don't know how the hell you'd notice that, Zelda always ran at 60FPS anyway.

Posted by cas

Wii is 2-3 times more powerful than Gamecube from what I read. Basically all that is upgraded to next gen status is the controls/player input device. They believe this gimmick is enough to sell units, and they are probably right. You know they can count on the "graphics dont mean anything" crowd to back them up 100%.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Graphics don't mean everything.

Posted by ExoXile

Nope, and Wii srsly have enough grapical power.
IMHO.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I think having a remote for a controller is kind of dumb. But the counsole itself looks pretty cool. I think it's funny how sony is copying the motion-sensing. I can't wait to tell my friend Mark that. He won't believe it.

Posted by Axis

I would say that Zelda looked really cool....can't say the same about Red Steel, that was a little dissappointing.

Posted by Klarth

I thought that Red Steel looks amazing. Seriously, it's not THAT far behind the 360.

Posted by Dog

UuUuUuUuUuUu fIsHiNg FoR zElDa!!! that's gunna be fun.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]Wii is unlikely to beat the big two in the UK sales stakes but if it's priced cheap enough, will surely become the second console in every home.

:( I've always been annoyed at people who identify Nintendo as a "discount console maker".

Posted by Drewboy64

They updated the Wii version's graphics, but it's probably hard to tell watching a video of it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I thought that Red Steel looks amazing. Seriously, it's not THAT far behind the 360.

I agree with Axis. It was disappointing. Oh, and play GRAW, or the even the demo of Lost Planet, it's REALLY far behind. The spilling water, explosions, hand and gun models all looks pretty bad. There's a fairly large difference.