Soulmates

Posted by Arczu

You know, the case where two people that were basically MEANT to be. They never fight or get mad at each other, they agree with each other just about everywhere: Symmetrical couple. I have only heard of a few rare cases happening, but I wonder why.

I Never had a girlfriend, but nor do I plan on doing so. It's mostly because I really have no interest in that area, and because I don't really care whether I do or do not. In the TV world, I have seen way too many cases where boy likes girl, then that boy cheats on girl. Girl like boy, and she ends up with someone else's baby for chrissake etc... (maybe I was watching too much Maury).

But the soul mates, how come only a few couples in the world find their soul mate- the one who they could never break up with or argue with? Is it because everyone else is unworthy? Is it because the don't know how to find it, or is it that maybe in a strange twisted way, many couples have found them, yet they just don't know it?

Posted by Last Fog

I think the concept of a soulmate is rediculous. How can it be that someone's soulmate just happens to live in close proximity with them, out of about 6 billion people? Unless you believe they placed closely on purpose so that they can find each other. Even then, it's still silly.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Last Fog: I think the concept of a soulmate is rediculous. How can it be that someone's soulmate just happens to live in close proximity with them, out of about 6 billion people? Unless you believe they placed closely on purpose so that they can find each other. Even then, it's still silly.
how can it be that in 3billion pairs of soulmates, no two of them ever meet up?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Sabredog]

Posted by Firedixi

Why is it that we sometimes have soulmates?

Posted by wallstreetstrangler

no two people will honestly agree with each other all the time. if that appears to be the case on the surface, then one or both is being passive and just appeasing the other partner. it's healthier to be able to disagree civilly than to run from disagreement.

Posted by Dr._31337

The concept of soulmates is utterly rediculous. There is no way that any two people are meant for each other. Personalities can either match or not, but there is no such thing as soul mates.

Posted by Aesthetic

I'd like to think so :(

[quote=billards]Me and my GF both believe in "soulmates", but we believe that there is more than one person. I can't believe out of all these people that just one is the perfect one for you. I belive there is more than one, but you just never meet up with that person.

That's pretty much what I believe. Then again, I mainly believe it more for the people that have partners who die - are they just supposed to live the rest of their lives out alone, assuming that they've already met their soulmate? Of course not; so in that case, I believe that there is more than one person. My belief is still a bit undecided, though.

Still, I do strongly believe in fate; so I'm pretty much in favor of the possibility of everyone having a soulmate. It's just the circumstances you put yourself in.. and hey, karma could play it in as well. I'm rambling; disregard the majority of my spoken thoughts.

Posted by NES Queen

i believe in soulmates because i found one. i agree with Billiards though that there isn't just one person for you. if you havn't yet found one, you'll know when it happens. my ex-bf and i had a very unique connection which cant exactly be explained in words. within 5min of meeting each other, we just "clicked". it felt like we had known each other for years and were completely comfortable around the other person. as if there was some spiritual connection previously there that we didn't know about.

things eventually didnt work out with us because we were heading in two different directions with our lives. but we're still friends and i still feel as though we understand each other better than anyone else probably ever will. the whole concept of a soulmate is simply that there are certain people out there who you are destined to meet up with and will have some kind of profound impact on your life. you'll share a deep spiritual connection with each other that no one else will probably understand. it doesn't have to be romantic or sexual, just a connecting of the souls.

if you don't believe in a spirit or soul or an afterlife, i suppose its a hard concept to understand.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Arczu]

Posted by Poison

Quoting Sabredog]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]Too many people get with someone who is not their soulmate because they are desperate. They are stuck with this person and end up missing out on their soulmate.

As for soulmates, I found mine ^_^

Posted by Klarth

[quote=///Phantom]As for soulmates, I found mine ^_^
Does she have four wheel drive?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Where is my soulmate. :mad:

Posted by Raptor

If a couple in a relationship never fight or get mad at each other, then it's most likely not an honest relationship, and therefore, not a healthy one. The truth hurts, and so should a relationship on occasion if it is built on a foundation of truth. Those who are truly compatible may experience these negative emotions toward one another at times, but ultimately always manage to reconcile their differences and resolve disagreements.

I don't believe there is one true soulmate for you out there in the world, or that it may or may not be your destiny to meet him or her. Only in fantasy could a relationship be perfect and problem-free, so no one should ever expect such a thing out of reality. I would personally feel very uncomfortable being involved in a relationship where arguments did not arise now and then, because it would mean I am most likely living a lie.

Posted by The Judge

Soulmates is a nice thought, but due to the astronomical odds of actually meeting the one person who completes your other half, the chance of it happening would be extremely low.

Posted by Xenos

y0

Posted by Klarth

sup dawg?

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Raptor]Only in fantasy could a relationship be perfect and problem-free, so no one should ever expect such a thing out of reality.

I don't believe that, having met your soulmate, your relationship will forever be "perfect and problem-free." It's just the one person who completes you; arguments and all.

[quote=The Judge]Soulmates is a nice thought, but due to the astronomical odds of actually meeting the one person who completes your other half, the chance of it happening would be extremely low.

That's where fate steps in, hon.

I do believe in soulmates. Although I was undecided before, I've come to the conclusion that there truly is someone out there who has what the other lacks; someone who fills the gaps, both teaches and learns, and who is the main motivation for the other to be a better person. I don't think that everyone meets their soulmate, as some settle for somebody who gives them "enough" affection and attention. Still, I believe that if you look long and hard, you'll eventually find your mate.

lol back on topic

Posted by Lord of Spam

lol fate sets people up? I should talk to her lol PUN

Seriously, though, I dont believe in fate (the concept).

Posted by Aesthetic

To each their own, I suppose. Usually, it's the people who believe in God (or at least some type of higher power) who believe in a thing such as fate. Logic tends to get in the way for most people, but maybe I'm just too much of a romantic (with a bit of faith, too).