Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Posted by Arczu

I recently got back into playing this game. While people can argue for eaons on how much better the original tactics is better than this, I actually enjoyed this game. 40+ hours and I'm still not close to getting everything (in fact, maybe you need to link up just to get the mythril stuff.

I still haven't beaten it, but I think I should. Mostly missing a lot of key weapons, but I just stole half of the abilities from the clans I run into.

Posted by Zeta

I've nearly completed the game perfectly... if I only had a ****ing Mace of Zeus. >_< And I really have no problem with judges; I don't see why people always whine about them.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I, too, have nearly finished the game. The Judges are only annoying when I forget what the laws for the day are. Otherwise, it's and all around really fun game that was worth all the time I put into it. "Kupo!"

Posted by GameMiestro

I went absolutely nuts with this game (250+ hours), and figured that it's age was past... Zeta, I really doubt you've completed the game "almost perfectly", NOBODY has completed it close to perfectly. I did every mission, got every secret character, even discovered the hidden ending ... Plus, there's a bazillion jobs types to find and extra missions to do. If Mace of Zeus is the only weapon you don't have, thats an accomplishment in itself. Excalibur2 is teh uber weapon.

Posted by Tails

Wow... I'm almost done with the game. o.o

I've unlocked all the secret characters, did all the missions, almost all of my characters know all of their moves (Vera's have learned every single move possible for them in every class). I even managed to get my Blue Mage to learn every move!

All that's left for me is 2 Ultima Moves... one for the moogles, and one for the Bangaas.

Posted by Black_Wolf

[COLOR="Black"]See, all this talk of secret characters and what not, all these items, but I don't think I got any of them. I basically did the main quest stuff and that's about it. Using the items on certain missions, dispatching everyone, all that sucked IMO. And really, the Judges were the biggest hindrance ever. They should've at least had a small dialogue box at the bottom of each battle stating what the rules were instead of having to check that ****ty menu. Yeah, I'm one of the "Original is way better" kind of people. Mostly b/c the story is way better and I'm not playing as children.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

A friend of mine bought me this game for Christmas and tried to get me into it, but I wasn't too thrilled. It's an okay game, but that sort of super in-depth strategy stuff is more work to me than fun.

Posted by xXSquadXx

lol u using more than 40 hours to finish the game ?
well.. my bro used like 80+ or so, but anyway :D isnt it kinda time wasting ??
i mean.. like its just a single player game isnt it?

Posted by Arczu

It's single-player but you have a chance to link up with someone else and do a mission with them. Everytime you do this, you can buy some more items at that one city you helped the guy... I forget the name but you can buy items and randomly get one you don't have (i.e. Mythi-friggin'-ril weapons).

I Have YET to get all those mythril weapons. I have no trouble learning abilities, it's just the darn weapons. I'm NOT getting them. I don't get to link-up so I have to get lucky at the end of battles. Yesterday I got a Mythyril Saber after an all monster encouter so I must be getting there.

And sh**. I always look at the laws. Just once at the beginning then I repeat the rules for myself every turn. Hell, I change commands of the character before putting them in the battle. But I am running into that stupid problem where you run into monsters with the Dmg2:Monsters card in play. Which is just lame. I'm not going to rely on Counter to win those either because it takes too long or they stay away from you. So Anti-law cards for those ones. You can press select before the encouter begins to see the laws. There is a reason why it says "Be sure to check the laws". It took me with Montblanc about 6 yellow and 2 red cards to figure it out. (At the 9th card, it was Weapon Attack Down 47 points... screw that)

The Nu Mou Illusionist I have makes the battles go fast when Skills are NOT forbidden (or Target All).

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Arczu][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]It's single-player but you have a chance to link up with someone else and do a mission with them. Everytime you do this, you can buy some more items at that one city you helped the guy... I forget the name but you can buy items and randomly get one you don't have (i.e. Mythi-friggin'-ril weapons).

I Have YET to get all those mythril weapons. I have no trouble learning abilities, it's just the darn weapons. I'm NOT getting them. I don't get to link-up so I have to get lucky at the end of battles. Yesterday I got a Mythyril Saber after an all monster encouter so I must be getting there.

And sh**. I always look at the laws. Just once at the beginning then I repeat the rules for myself every turn. Hell, I change commands of the character before putting them in the battle. But I am running into that stupid problem where you run into monsters with the Dmg2:Monsters card in play. Which is just lame. I'm not going to rely on Counter to win those either because it takes too long or they stay away from you. So Anti-law cards for those ones. You can press select before the encouter begins to see the laws. There is a reason why it says "Be sure to check the laws". It took me with Montblanc about 6 yellow and 2 red cards to figure it out. (At the 9th card, it was Weapon Attack Down 47 points... screw that)

The Nu Mou Illusionist I have makes the battles go fast when Skills are NOT forbidden (or Target All).[/SIZE][/FONT]

Use level based cards. Law specific cards are for chumps :). Plus, people like me use that crazy Cid ability that freezes the judge, making following laws even more unnessesary.

I'd reccomend getting all of those mythril weapons. The combo's are more than worth it (you did 999 damage on Llednar! You win the match!).

[quote]Wow... I'm almost done with the game. o.o

I've unlocked all the secret characters, did all the missions, almost all of my characters know all of their moves (Vera's have learned every single move possible for them in every class). I even managed to get my Blue Mage to learn every move!

All that's left for me is 2 Ultima Moves... one for the moogles, and one for the Bangaas.

That would be nice if it was possible to do with a single game pack... (you've been trading much, haven't you?)

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Zeta, I really doubt you've completed the game "almost perfectly", NOBODY has completed it close to perfectly..

This is what I consider to be a perfect game.
-All missions completed.
-All secret characters.
-Full clan, with as equal an amount of each race that I can get.
-Every unit knows every single ability they can learn.

Would have all these completed... if I just had a ****ing Mace of Zeus.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]This is what I consider to be a perfect game.
-All missions completed.
-All secret characters.
-Full clan, with as equal an amount of each race that I can get.
-Every unit knows every single ability they can learn.

Would have all these completed... if I just had a ****ing Mace of Zeus.

Oh... well, from that point of view, you could be right. Still, if EVERY unit knew EVERY ability they could get, you would have had to have started training them extrememly early on. Imagine how hard it would get to coordinate 5+ human players to have every Blue Mage ability! If you really want it to be perfect, though, get your Sequence's attack to 100. :D

Posted by Arczu

Well that sounds like fun but I haven't gotten all the missions completed yet. Because they haven't shown me the darn mission that will give me the blood apple (then when I get that, I can get Item B needed for mission B, then C for C).

Oh yeah, one thing I wanted to know. I went to the final boss without many problems, but on it's first turn it used an attack that did 300+ damage to my ENTIRE party-- knocking them out, but one person's auto-life kicks in. WTH was that? I recover people, and everytime it uses attacks like that again, they only do around 60...

Posted by Arczu

Stupis L33tstone... where the hell is it?