E3 Twilight Princess/PH News.

Posted by maian

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/532/2/

[quote]Nintendo held it's annual E3 conference today. Look inside to see what they reported about the Wii, the DS, and any Zelda news they released.

Nintendo released a brand new trailer showing off the capabilities of the Wii, headed by NOA VP Reggie Fils-Aime. In the trailer they showed off the wonders of the controller, along with everything it will be able to do. They showed off conducting, golfing, playing tennis, playing baseball to swordplay, shooting guns. They showed gameplay from games like Mario, Metroid, and even Zelda.

The new section of the trailer that showed off Zelda gameplay on the Wii, they showed off using the hookshot, sword, and even fishing. When the trailer becomes available online, we will post it online.

Reggie then talked a lot about the Wii, including why it was named such, when it will be available, and even how much it will be. They announced the Wii would be available in Q4 2006 and it would be considerably cheap. Reggie went on to reiterate why it was named Wii. Just as it sounds, Wii are the gamers and Wii are the ones to play.

After a second trailer of games expected to release, they finally talked about Zelda. Zelda will launch next to Wii, but Reggie didn't talk exactly the date. Two NOA staff members started to show off gameplay of the game on the Wii. They showed off a few battles and using the bow. They also unveiled a secret about the controller, the built in speaker on the controller, giving sound depth to games. When you fire an arrow, the "thwip" of the bow will leave your controller and "travel" to the TV. They also showed off the Iron Boots and their ability to let you fly to a magnet. They also told the audience that this will be the "best Zelda game ever."

Finally, they announced which system Zelda will be on. The game will launch on BOTH systems. When it is released, it will be released for both systems at the same time.

George Harrison, a Nintendo exec, also breifly talked about Phantom Hourglass. He talked about the gameplay, including sailing and boomerang control with the touch screen. He also talked about Phantom Hourglass picking up where the Wind Waker left off, therefore opening up the timeline debates once again.

Wow....wow. I love it. Although the concept of TP being released on GC AND Wii is interesting, it's also great, since that will mean the Wii version will be that much better. I look foward to the gameplay video.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I was very impressed - especially with the iron boots.

I notice the Master Sword is back.

:cool:

Posted by Klarth

I will buy the Wii version first, and probably pick up the GCN version at a later date.

Unless the Wii version is compatible with the classic controller. What can I say? I want both experiences.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I will buy the Wii version first, and probably pick up the GCN version at a later date.

Unless the Wii version is compatible with the classic controller. What can I say? I want both experiences.

Doubt it. You'll probably have to buy both, which is what I'll be doing most likely.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting The X: I notice the Master Sword is back

Whats this? I wonder how link gets it back?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting .hack//: Whats this? I wonder how link gets it back?

More to the point, which Link is this? I think OOT Link has already been discounted, and it can't be the Wind Waker's protagonist...

Posted by maian

Well, it's set in between OOT and WW, so it's probably the Link in between. That means the Master Sword should be, well, more easily attainable then it was in WW. Chances are, it'll probably still be sitting in the Temple of Time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: More to the point, which Link is this? I think OOT Link has already been discounted, and it can't be the Wind Waker's protagonist...

Few decades after OoT/MM. And since Ganadorf makes an appearence... well, you can figure the rest out I'm sure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

New Phantom Hourglass information.

[URL="http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?event=e32006&sid=6150069&pid=932377"]here![/URL]

Posted by coromoro

I will most likely buy them both on the release day, and play through the GameCube version first. :)