Final Fantasy XIII

Posted by Klarth

[quote]They've saved another biggie for last. Rounding out the next-gen trio is Final Fantasy XIII. Not just Final Fantasy XIII. Three titles sharing that name. Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3. Final Fantasy Agito XIII for Mobile.

A heroine is shown in the trailer for FFXIII with a sword and gun going through a futuristic world. The director will be Motomu Toriyama. FFXIII Versus, an action-focused game, will be directed by the people who made Kingdom Hearts and FFVII: Advent Children. FFXIII Agito will feature adhoc multiplayer.
From qj.net's press conference summary.

Interesting.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I came alittle bit just now.

Then I realized that they were all for ps3 and felt like a dirty, used whore.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They ****ing FINALLY used a chick as a main character after years of using a feminine male. Took them long enough.

But it sucks **** until I can actually play it or see more. Because right now it just looks like your average futuristic action game - not some really cool FF game.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/FFXIIIMainCharacter.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

First FF with a leading woman since VI if I recall. Although, I suppose XII does have a female lead too, if a ****ing slutty one.

Posted by Slade

Wtf? Is XII out yet? I knew that XIII was going to be revealed before XII was out, but you're talking like XII is already out and you've played it.

...Unless, by 'slutty' you mean 'wearing very short shorts n' stuff.'

I'm wondering because I pre-ordered it eons ago and haven't checked at any game stores lately.

Quoted post: First FF with a leading woman since VI if I recall. Although, I suppose XII does have a female lead too, if a ****ing slutty one.

Oh yeah, I forgot about XII. I hear so little about it...

Quoted post: Wtf? Is XII out yet? I knew that XIII was going to be revealed before XII was out, but you're talking like XII is already out and you've played it.

...Unless, by 'slutty' you mean 'wearing very short shorts n' stuff.'

I'm wondering because I pre-ordered it eons ago and haven't checked at any game stores lately.

http://www.playphoria.com/features/spice/wallpaper/images/ffxii-12x9.jpg

Pretty slutty for an adventurer. And no, it doesn't come out until after the summer some time.

Posted by GameMiestro

I was confuse as to if you meant Final Fantasy 10 part 3, Final Fantasy 11 part 2, or just Final Fantasy 13. Romans fail at numbers... :(

Quoted post: I was confuse as to if you meant Final Fantasy 10 part 3, Final Fantasy 11 part 2, or just Final Fantasy 13. Romans fail at numbers...

You fail at not knowing your Roman Numerals.

X is ten. X-2 is ten part 2. XI is eleven. XII is twelve. XIII is thirteen.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, I know, I'm just making fun of the fact that Final Fantasy games only use Roman numerals in their titles.

Problem being?

Posted by Klarth

Wouldn't doubt that that's pre-rendered with the menus stuck on. Though, I wouldn't doubt the game will look really similar to that screen.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting GameMiestro: Yeah, I know, I'm just making fun of the fact that Final Fantasy games only use Roman numerals in their titles.

It'd be even harder to name FFX2 if they'd been using modern numbers.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/2625/

So, Final Fantasy XIII is... F-Zero?!

Posted by Acheron

Quoting GameMiestro: Yeah, I know, I'm just making fun of the fact that Final Fantasy games only use Roman numerals in their titles.

Hahahahahahaha. Oh man, that's stinging satire. You're killing me here, Miestro.

Posted by Cloudstud

Ya its hard to tell whether that trailer had some pre rendered stuff with the menus stuck on there. Some of the battling looked too fast and out of control for somone to actually be controling it. Wouldnt suprise me if you issue a command then the game takes over, otherwise i dont know how anyone could possibly keep up with that kind of battling.

No one was controlling it. It was most likely in-engine.

Posted by Linko_16

Know what the funniest part is? Being familiar with FF's feminine heros, I'd have guessed that the character in that first picture was a guy anyway.

I do approve of a female hero, though. It ought to be a big difference.

Posted by Black_Wolf

[COLOR="Black"]I wasn't impressed w/ the FFXIII announcement at all. I think it's the fact that it's supposed to be 3 separate games, one of which is a cell phone game....C'mon, wtf is that about? Who actually plays cell phone games, especially an FF cell phone game? Sounds more like a money-making scheme (though I don't know where the money will come from besides rapid FF fans...we'll, never mind, that answers that then).

What I'd really like is something new and/or decent from SquareEnix. DQVIII was a breath of fresh air, but that about the only good thing they've produced since the merger. Anyone else remember the good old days of Square on the PSone when they couldn't make a bad game? SquareEnix should have enough resources to make a great game every 6 months. And they should be able to make a decent Drakengard game b/c it's a great game idea. Anyway, yeah, I'll get excited about FFXIII when it's not 3 years away.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Who actually plays cell phone games, especially an FF cell phone game?

A lot of people. It's actually a pretty decent market with a lot of great games.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Black_Wolf: [COLOR="Black"]one of which is a cell phone game[/COLOR]

Seriously? Crap, I don't even have (nor do I want) a cell phone.