Star Fox DS!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Awesomeness! They just announced it on the press conferrence.

Posted by GameMiestro

source?

Posted by Grom

Dang, just crapped my pants i was so excited, man at school to.:(

Quoting GameMiestro: source?

They just announced it live, dude. No one has it on their sites yet.

Posted by GameMiestro

I was hoping you would have some more information... Starfox DS could be either a very good thing or a very bad thing, depending on what game style they use.

From the small snippets of info they showed and the brief video, it looks like all cockpit action, all the time.

Posted by Klarth

Just from looking at the gameplay footage, it's a good thing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It looks pretty much exactly like SF64... and that's a VERY good thing. So ****ing badass, I can't wait. Brilliant ****.

Posted by Ant

I remember them saying something about Stylus control...so I'm not sure how that's going to work out yet, perhaps something like MP:H...we'll find out more in the coming days.

Quoted post: I remember them saying something about Stylus control...so I'm not sure how that's going to work out yet, perhaps something like MP:H...we'll find out more in the coming days.

Probably exactly like MPH. At least something that resembles analogue control anyways.

Nintendo.com's got a video! It's longer than the one they showed during the conferrence, and it looks phenomenal! It looks like you'll be able to pilot tons of different spacecraft in battle!

Posted by Ant

Quoting http://e3.nintendo.com/games/ds/star_fox_ds/: Players can blow their friends out of the sky as they dogfight with up to eight players over a local wireless connection or take on up to four players from around the world on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Wi-fi :D Sounds great!

Eight players? ****ing badass.

Posted by Klarth

Taking you down, vamp :cool:

Posted by Zeta

If this has voice chat I'm going to scream 'Do a barrel roll!' every chance I get.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]If this has voice chat I'm going to scream 'Do a barrel roll!' every chance I get.

Not likely, as Hunters has shown they are still targeting games at 12 year olds...

Quoted post: Not likely, as Hunters has shown they are still targeting games at 12 year olds...

VoIP is the obvious next step in Wifi. They aren't going to abandon it.

Posted by ExoXile

That's what they said. :D

Posted by s0ul

I actually hopped a bit in my chair and wiggled my arms when I read this. I would rape and murder anyone who saw me do this. :cool:

Posted by Arczu

I wonder about the control. I remember that when you fly in the cockpit in StarFox 64, doing a barrel roll causes your view to roll as well. I wonder if they can do it like they do in the old star fox with indicatiors showing the ship roll with your view straight.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: VoIP is the obvious next step in Wifi. They aren't going to abandon it.

During the conference, they actually mentioned that Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam will have voice chat during matches. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw it again in Starfox.

Zeta stole my idea.

Posted by GameMiestro

Getting rid of pre-assigned matches is the next step in Wi-Fi... if you can't host and join games, it's little better than fighting a computer.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Eventually, bots will be utterly unnecessary because WiFi will be connected all the time.

Quoted post: Eventually, bots will be utterly unnecessary because WiFi will be connected all the time.

Huh? Don't people usually play with Bots to practice?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Explain to me why it's better to practice with bots than actual humans? That's like saying "I'm awesome against a baseball pitching machine, therefore I'm awesome at baseball!"

Quoted post: Explain to me why it's better to practice with bots than actual humans? That's like saying "I'm awesome against a baseball pitching machine, therefore I'm awesome at baseball!"

Because some people don't want to **** up their records, and playing against humans will do that. Some also don't feel good enough to jump straight into online, and bots will give them confidence to do that. Then there's the ability to test out different strategies without getting killed almost instantly by a pro.

Believe it or not, people like the addition of bots and find them really useful.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]Explain to me why it's better to practice with bots than actual humans? That's like saying "I'm awesome against a baseball pitching machine, therefore I'm awesome at baseball!"

Because bots do the meaningless, boring tasks that designed for the entertainment of the player. Take "defense" maps in Starcraft for example. Who would want to be a runner? And if they did, they probably wouldn't even bother running, they would just destroy the players defenses as fast as they could.

Plus, it's a long time until wi-fi access is universal.

Posted by Drewboy64

Starfox has been officially named Starfox Command.

Also, you can use different ships; I could see differnt things being controlled in the trailer.