Which would you join?

Posted by Majician

If you were to ACTUALLY join one of these, which one would you choose?
Not if they're the coolest, strongest, smartest, or whatever. I mean if you went to the recreuiting office RIGHT NOW, which do you think you would like the best and be qualified for and whatnot.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Try saying what THESE are, next time. Idiot.

It seems like you're talking about American Armed forces though. In which case, I chose Coast Guard. Its service, but it lets me stay WAY the **** away from any fighting.:cool:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Lord of Spam: Try saying what THESE are, next time. Idiot.

It seems like you're talking about American Armed forces though. In which case, I chose Coast Guard. Its service, but it lets me stay WAY the **** away from any fighting.:cool:

I'm with you.

:)

Posted by Lord of Spam

I bet he wasnt even planning on putting Coast Guard on there.:cool:

But yeah, I'd be a terrible soldier. If someone shot my bud, I'd murder everyone and everything that looked hostile in a 10 mile radius. For some reason, that seems to be frowned on.:(

Posted by Majician

Quoting Lord of Spam: Try saying what THESE are, next time. Idiot.

"THESE"?

There's a poll. Read it. Idiotx2

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I, too, am going to have to agree with LoS.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Majician: "THESE"?

There's a poll. Read it. Idiotx2

Which wasnt there when I first posted. Also, you put this in the wrong board.

Who is the idiot now?:cookie:

Posted by Majician

Your computer is slow.

*cough* WAR board *cough*

Posted by Sapphire Rose

*cough*Polls*cough*

Posted by NES Queen

its a poll, therefore it belongs in the poll board.

if it were possibly a touchy subject that could spark a debate/argument (i honestly was expecting the choices to be Black Panthers, KKK, Al Qaeda, Neo Natzis..... things of that controversial nature) then war board is fine. otherwise, no.

Posted by Majician

Should I start another poll just to see if I'm right? jk

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, because you obviously arent.

Posted by Majician

w/e

Posted by GameMiestro

Technically it has to do with war... just not war between vgchat members :cookie:

I'd choose coast guard, best chance of survival, and it is possible to get out of it fairly quickly.

Posted by Majician

Thank you.

And you can get out of any of them, just say you're gay, and they'll kick you out. And you can die on coast guard, they go out on the cold wavy waters just like the NAVY does. But it would get kind of boring if you got stuck on base. (I live on one)

Posted by Grom

Air force, for airvac so i could evac the wounded, that would be job and i think it under air force i not sure. I know my grandfather did it though.
LoS=chicken, pfh not wanting to die, ... baby!

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting GameMiestro: Technically it has to do with war... just not war between vgchat members :cookie:

if board names were meant to be taken litterally than the flame board only consist of threads discussing barbecuing. mmmmhhhhh, flame broiled goodness.

grom: not wanting to die does not make someone a baby. i certainly wouldn't want to risk death by fighting for a cause i didn't believe in. since afterall, you don't have a choice and your freedom goes bye-bye when you join the military. they control your every thought and every move. you can't just say, "nah, i'll wait this war out and participate in the next one."

Posted by GameMiestro

The military is really Big Brother? I knew it!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Grom: LoS=chicken, pfh not wanting to die, ... baby!

Try reading next time, moron. I'm more then capable of facing death in the right circumstances. What I said was that I'd make a ****ty soldier because I'd kill too much. That, and I'm terrible at taking orders and generally try to subvert authority. Also, I tend not to respect people that I think are less intelligent than me, which could cause problems if my c.o. isnt up to par.

Posted by Pvt.Sarnate

Joining any military branch is a good decision, it all depends in which way you want to serve your country, they all have their benefits and will put you through a great transformation. Then again, when you think about it, each branch has mulitple MOSs. I accidently voted for Coast Guard while I meant to vote for the Army because I'm already in it. My MOS is 31 Bravo, which is the Military Police Corp. I'm serving 5 years for the Army, Active Duty. Majician, you are in the navy right? what's your MOS?

Posted by Raptor

I'm not interested in "serving my country." I'd rather be a steward for Mother Earth. I suppose the military is no place for me, then. LET'S KILL THINGS THAT AREN'T LIKE US.

Quoting NES Queen: they control your every thought and every move.

How exactly do they go about controlling your every thought? Did they start implementing the use of slave crowns without my knowing it?

Posted by mis0

Airforce would be my first choice, assuming I had to do it. But that's never going to happen. Anyway, I have a very high aptitude for technical things and this is why I've been told I'd be an excellent pilot, even though that was related to the operation of commercial aircraft rather than those of a military sort.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Raptor: How exactly do they go about controlling your every thought? Did they start implementing the use of slave crowns without my knowing it?

If you don't believe that our military brainwashes people then you're retarded. It's not normal or natural to run around killing people. They have to be taught that and have their "killer instinct" developed. Why do you think so many people came back from Vietnam all ****ed up? We force feed "kill kill kill" into people then dump them back home without any de-programming of sorts. They turn people into robots where they're incapable of thinking for themself, they just react based on the new instincts that were taught to them.

Posted by mis0

That's the purpose of the training they undergo. It's to make them think exactly the way they need to so they can complete their mission. This involves making them obidient and subordinate.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting NES Queen: If you don't believe that our military brainwashes people then you're retarded. It's not normal or natural to run around killing people. They have to be taught that and have their "killer instinct" developed. Why do you think so many people came back from Vietnam all ****ed up? We force feed "kill kill kill" into people then dump them back home without any de-programming of sorts. They turn people into robots where they're incapable of thinking for themself, they just react based on the new instincts that were taught to them.

They are capable of intense brainwashing, but it's still impossible for them to "control your every thought and move." Are you insinuating that one who has been brainwashed by the military can no longer make a single decision for himself in any situation, and therefore acts entirely upon instinct, like animals? If you actually believe that, you're retarded. If that were the case, ex-soldiers would not be able to co-exist with the rest of society unless they were all confined in padded cells.

Posted by specopssv44

I obviously voted For the Marine Corps, seeing as I am an active duty Marine....ummm....please STFU with the retarded brainwashing bullsh it.... It doesnt happen in the military because our military is comprised entirely of voulenteers.....anyone who thinks the military brainwashes people is probably just an ignorant fatass that spends too much time watching the sci fi channel.....
...Anyways I choose the Marine Corps because they have a reputation for getting shi t done, and for being highly motivated....not to mention we are 100 times tougher than any other branch of service ;)

Quoted post: That's the purpose of the training they undergo. It's to make them think exactly the way they need to so they can complete their mission. This involves making them obidient and subordinate.

You couldnt be more wrong, while instant obidiance and willingness to orders is a part of any highly discplined fighting force (the USMC for example), command and control is highly decentralized, and even the lowest ranking Marines are encouraged and even rewarded for taking initiative and additional responsibilies...THe key to affective warriors is not to turn them into machines, its to turn them into warriors that can think on the fly, improvise, addapt, overcome and make critical choices in combat without the aid of higher ranking Marines. This is why the Marine Corps has the most impressive combat record of any fighting force. every Marine is more than capable of continuing the mission without supervision....
...on the other hand we are trained to respond a specific way, to specific situations. This is called an "immediate action" (IA) drill. For example if we get attacked by snipers or an IED goes off, we instantly react in accordance with the IA procedures. For security reasons im not supposed to go into detals as far as what specificaly we do in terms of immidiate action during say an IED attack so the concept may be difficult for you to understand.

...NESqueen, please stop acting like you know anything about the military, How we are "programmed" or how we are outprocessed from the military, you dont know a **** thing. In fact I doubt youve met many former Marines. The training ive undergone has taught me not only teamwork and how to follow orders, but how to take initiative, how to accomplish goals, how to set them, how to be a leader, and how to manage my life in an effective and responsible manner...you watch too much TV and your rambling on about how we return to the civilian world as mindless and confused killers that cant think for ourselves is frankly quite offensive and very ignorant, so once more please stop talking out of your a ss because you obviously dont know a **** thing about the subject manner.

Posted by NES Queen

welcome back :rolleyes:
For the record, yes, I do know people in the marines. Quite a few actually. And unfortunately, I no longer speak with any of them because of how drastically they have changed. No, they weren't bumbling idiots before and I miss their Gomer Pyle anticts, they have no emotions. It's like they're just a soul-less shell spewing out rhetoric. So i'm not speaking out my @ss, I'm speaking based on my own experience with friends who have gone in and are no longer the same person.
[QUOTE=specopssv44]It doesnt happen in the military because our military is comprised entirely of voulenteers..... ...on the other hand we are trained to respond a specific way, to specific situations. This is called an "immediate action" (IA) drill. For example if we get attacked by snipers or an IED goes off, we instantly react in accordance with the IA procedures.
Whether you've volunteered or are drafted in doesn't change the training protocol they use. You yourself say there's some degree of conditioning training to change instinctual reactions of the soldiers. So which is it, they either do or don't?

And the lack of proper "deprogramming" I was referring to was in reference to many years back (Vietnam era). Clearly things have changed (I would hope so at least), but I don't think it's as easy as switching a little on/off switch in people's minds that you've moved from front line combat in Iraq to having a pool party and BBQ with your family. All I'm saying is that you can't go from Mr. Rogers, to Rambo, back to Mr. Rogers without a lot of guidance.

Mentally, being a soldier and having the possibility that you will have to end someone else's life is not an easy thing to do. The one compliment I could ever possibly give you is that you're much stronger mentally/emotionally than I am, since there's no possible way I could bring myself to do such a thing like that.

and if anything, it would be the History channel, not Sci-Fi.....

Posted by Speedfreak

Uh, Air Force? Duh? Flying? Mach speed?

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: welcome back
For the record, yes, I do know people in the marines. Quite a few actually. And unfortunately, I no longer speak with any of them because of how drastically they have changed. No, they weren't bumbling idiots before and I miss their Gomer Pyle anticts, they have no emotions. It's like they're just a soul-less shell spewing out rhetoric. So i'm not speaking out my @ss, I'm speaking based on my own experience with friends who have gone in and are no longer the same person.

I never said the Corps doesnt change you.... Thats one of the reasons I joined.. You see "soul less killers", I see calm and collected professionals.

Quoted post: Whether you've volunteered or are drafted in doesn't change the training protocol they use. You yourself say there's some degree of conditioning training to change instinctual reactions of the soldiers. So which is it, they either do or don't?

OK, let me put it this way, if something blows up right next to you, your natural reaction is to run away, and escape the danger that is precieved, this results in chaos, chaos (when not controlled) results in death. We are trained to remain calm and take certain actions to protect ourselves, so instead of running away, we might create a smoke screen to mask our movements and provide us concealment from enemy fire/observation.

Quoted post: And the lack of proper "deprogramming" I was referring to was in reference to many years back (Vietnam era). Clearly things have changed (I would hope so at least), but I don't think it's as easy as switching a little on/off switch in people's minds that you've moved from front line combat in Iraq to having a pool party and BBQ with your family. All I'm saying is that you can't go from Mr. Rogers, to Rambo, back to Mr. Rogers without a lot of guidance.

Yeah the vietnam guys had it rought, PTSD was not really officially recognized. There is therapy provided to Marines, and it is often manditory to attend after a combat deployment.....FYI Mr. Rogers was a Marine Scout Sniper in vietnam, and he has more than his share of confirmed kills (didnt know if you knew that or not)

Posted by Kanashuri

MArines : Better chance of you getting to shoot someone. I dont care if I die as long as I tak someone with me to hell