E3 2006: MGS4 Trailer

Posted by Big Boss

For those who didn't see the Sony E3 Press Conference...

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149517&pid=926596

The biggest shocks to me are what Raiden looks like and, obviously, the last scene.

This is the best trailer ever, because I'm truly sad for the story that will play out in the game. It's just a trailer, and I'm already sad. I can't wait to play it, but in the meantime I'll go back to all the other MG games. This one will be big...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No one made this thread all ready? Gah, that's odd.

Anywho, the trailer was really, really great. A little surprising to say the least... what with Raiden being, er, different, and the whole suicide thing. I must say, this might just be one of the most compelling Metal Gear stories ever, which is saying a lot. The themes of war, technology, age, and suicide are all quite interesting, and combined with a great cast of characters to play them out... well, I can't help but feel very excited for this game.

Though, I think any fan of MGS is feeling that way right about now. But being a HUEG fan, well, it's amplified quite a lot. I'm just hoping to *** this doesn't come out too soon. I need a bit of time to get a PS3 after the launch, but I also really want to play the game the day it comes out. So... yeah, tough ****, but oh well.

Posted by Ant

You may or may not have known this, but war has changed.

Posted by Slade

That was an amazing video. I'm looking forward to learning the characters secrets, and understanding what has happened since MGS2.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706622p1.html

15 minute long trailer. Now, all someone has to do is find it on the net!

Posted by Fate

I'm going to die just waiting for this game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It was a great trailer, but I didn't like Raiden. I know most people hated his whiney-whateverness, but I thought he was a good character. I don't know if he always had a gruff voice in the Japanese incarnations, but I really liked him in Sons of Liberty.

And, Meryl? On every site I've visited, she's being labelled as 'hot' - wtf? She looks like she needs a haircut.

I might just spend $599.99 to play this.

:(

Quoted post: It was a great trailer, but I didn't like Raiden. I know most people hated his whiney-whateverness, but I thought he was a good character. I don't know if he always had a gruff voice in the Japanese incarnations, but I really liked him in Sons of Liberty.

I liked Raiden before too, but now I think he looks WAY better. Also pretty awesome. I mean, I'd actually not give a **** if I had to play him as a character the entire game.

http://files.filefront.com/mgs4_e3_2006_engwmv/;5054292;;/fileinfo.html

There's the fifteen minute trailer. Have fun.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I take back what I said about Raiden. After seeing him take on those Metal Gears, I'm satisfied. He'll probably be a bit-part character, anyway.

:)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I can't wait. I was previously looking forward to owning a house and raising a family, now this game has completely rearranged my plans.[/COLOR]:mad: