Chapter 10-Vecks

Posted by Wally The Weird

Hey alls. Sorry I have not gotten around to reading the other stories yet, I have been very bussy. Oh well :-D
Here you all are, for your viewing pleasure, my side of chapter 10!
Enjoy! Sadly it is too long, so I shall have to cut it into two halves.

Chapter 10-Assension
"Aurie." The small boy remarked. After an entier year, he was going back to the place he lost her. Why, was a mtter of intuition he supposed.
He took her death very hard at first. Shortly after, he decided he needed to get away, and soon. Gathering munny and supplies, he built a small gummi ship, and wandered the roads of infinity. No heartless would strike him, for he felt nothing for over two months. Those days, he can no longer remember, lost to him for all time now.
One day, he awoke. He felt as though he had been sleeping for months. He had landed on a planatoid of some kind. There was no life, so he set down, and formed his gummi ship into a small shelter. There, he began to read. Conjuring books from across worlds, he read and read, and read some more. However, one day, he began to meditate. Seperating from his body, he became an ethereal entity, an ebdoiment of a dream almost. He began to walk, and search, and wondered the many cross roads of the great beyond.
Then, one day, around 4 months after the ordeal, he came across, a great void. There was nothing, nothing at all, it was all blank. Then, there was something, and then another something, and then someone, and another someone. A sudden flood of people came, and they began to talk and socialize, parying no heed to Vecks. They too were ethereal, and ghosty. One came up to him, and began to talk however.
"HI! My name's Grace! Whats yours? What is your feild?" She began to ask him. She was short, like him, with red hair, and brilliant green eyes. She was dressed in green robes, and her legs disapeared half way down, appearing as a ghost like tail. She had a silver staff on her back, and a small horn on her head.
"Are, are you talking to me? But, how?" Vecks asked. He was meditating, there wasn't supposed to be anyone else when you meditate. How was he talking to someone, let alone such a pretty girl.
"Oh I get it, you're new here to the forum! Here, let me explain! See, magic users, like us, we often meditate and dedicate our lives to magic and such. Well, one day, one of us decided to meet others, and created his own channel in the dream world frequencey! This is really cool, here I'll go take you to him!" Grabbing Vecks by the hand, she hurried him along, and the two whisked away to a small little hut with a chimney, and went inside.
Upon entering the small little hut, they found that on the inside, it was a huge castle! Fully furnished and everything! Wizzing through it faster then a thunder spell, they soon arrived infront of a large thrown. There, at the top, was a man in black. Similar to the wizard who defeated Ryth, but not quite.
"Hey Arnold! I found someone! He must have wondered in all by himself! Awww, isn't he cute? Can I keep? Huh huh huh! Can I keep him can I keep him?!" She asked like a child askign to keep a cat. Both her and the man in black, Arnold apparently, laughed at this.
"Oh, very good there Sally. Let me have a look at him." Poofing away in a sudden wisp of smoke, the man vanished and reappeared infront of both Sally and Vecks. Going around them in a full circle, he finally stopped, and lowered his hood, then let out a big smile.
"WELCOME! This my freind, is the magical forum! Here is a place where magic users of all kinds and vareities can come. I, am Sir Arnold Wetfoot. Feel free to make fun of my name, as I made it up myself. I am the founder of the forums, and you may be our newest member if you wish!" He said in a loud booming voice. He wasn't fat, but somewhere in between average and fat, and he was very tall. He had big round glasses, and long black hair. He had a cigar in his mouth, and seemed to be the kind of guy you cannot help but like.
"Well, uhh, sure I guess. What is this place exactly, and what did Sally mean by feild?" Vecks asked, a little unsure of what was happening. The two other mages, Sally and Arnold, stopped, looked at each other, and laughed heartily.
"Oh my goodness I completley forgot! Here, let me explain. Long ago, about 567 years ago to be precise, I began to meditate. While I was meditating, I came to the conclusion that while it can be enlightening, it can also be EXTREAMLEY boring. Thats when I decided to build, this! This is a sub section of cross roads on the road between the realities of our normal exsistnce, and the realm of dreams. As such, we can practice magic that we have learned, share are knowlage, eat, and sleep, and do whatever we want here. All the while, our bodies remain fine so long as we eat and sleep. We our a thriving comunity, some of us stay here so extencivley, that we only go onto our normal bodies to check our mail! HAH! Now then, a feild is referring to what feild of magic you practice, if any specific at all. I would be a Sorcerer, as I have no specific feild. Sally here is one of, if not our best summoner, who also practices both black and white magic. Sally summons uniquley. She calls forth GF's and creatures and deities, but prefers to call them into her body, causing her to lycan that form in a way. It is really quite amazing. This is also why she has the horn on her head." Arnold explained, Vecks was following his every word.
"Why don't you show him your Ifrit form Sally?" Arnold asked sally. Sally smiled broadley and agreed. Clasping her hands to her chest, she began to chant, the small white horn on her forehead began to glow red.
FWOOSH! A sudden wave of fire enveloped her, and she reappeared. Her horn had lengthened and curved, starting at her forehead, and going down over head, she was coated in red fur, and she was taller with claws as hands, and fangs for teeth. An aura of fire coated her, and her staff had reshaped into a sabre. Then, she smiled again, and another wave of fire enveloped her, and she returned to her originol form.
"WOW! Sally that was truley amazing! I bet you have access to even some fire spells that I can;t even use! You have to teach me that technique sometime!" Vecks was truley amazed and in awe of what he had beheld. Sally grinned.
"Sorry Vecks, but it's an innate talent, I am not even entierley sure how I do it. Although, I might be able to teach you a few summons. Hey, hold on a sec, what feild are you, you never answered me!" She asked again, still smiling.
"Oh, sorry. I happen to be a blackmage! I even invent my own spells. Like you, I too have my own innate ability, except mine is for twisting dimensions." He told her at long last to her question she had asked.
"Twist dimensions you say?" Arnold asked, genuinley interested. "I dare say, could you even call forth oblivion into the normal realm of exsistance?" Arnold asked.
"Well, yeah. Infact i did it not too long ago to-" He stopped. Memories of Aurie came flodding back to him, and he was at a loss of words again. Auries memory, and her death, still haunted him.
"What, whats wrong?" Sally asked.
"Oh, it's just that. Well, the last time I called forth oblivion, it was to destroy, nay, annihalate, the man who, killed my girlfreind." He responded, a look of sorrow came across his face. No tears were shed though. He could only wonder why. The room was filled with an akward silence, until Sally spoke again.
"Hey it's ok! She was a mage right?" Vecks nodded. "Well, mages follow different rules of death. The prevailing idea is that when you die, you begin to wander the roads of infinity, where all knowlage and everything that was or ever shall be is recorded. For all we know, she could be wondering at the wonders that is our universe." When she said it, it seemed comfornting to Vecks.
Thus began his stay in the forums. He would littteraly stay there for days, weeks at a time, and slowly, he bagn to forget his life, and build a new one. Free from hatred, anguish, and every thing that is bad about our universe, and slowly, he forgot everything.
Maybe even Aurie.
About 8 months after her death, Vecks had forgotten his life completley. Sally and the other magi were all he cared about now. There was Cid, the sorcerer, Wally the Weird, wondering Wizard, there was even Grace the whitemage. All of these people, thousands of magi, sorcerers, wizards and warlocks and witches and all the like, they became his new family. He gained knowlage beyond what he had even first thought possible.
One day, he attended a lecture.
"Ultima, is one of the most powerful spells. By focusing ones will and magical energy into a single point, no larger then an atom, a rip in space-time is formed, causing an enormous amount of eneryg to be rushed through. While the power of this spell varies with each user, it is said to be strong enough to rival the destructive force of the dragon slave!" Arnold was talking to a group of young wizards.
"However, there is a stronger spell, in myth of course." Vecks interupted him. Arnold was at first surprised by his guest, and then delighted, the young wizards were amazed by the way Vecks had managed to conceal himself. A trick he learned in the forums.
"Ah, welcom freind. Class, this is Vecks, a black mage. He is our resident dimensional twister. Vecks, would oyu care to share with the class?" Arnold asked with a broad grin on his face. Vecks smiled, and gladly excepted.
"My pleasure Arnold. You see, while spells like the dragon slave and Ultima are indeed powerful, the fact is, there are stronger spells. You just have to look for them." Vecks began, as he made his way to the front of the class, eating an apple. "One such spell, that I have witnessed performed twice in one encounter when in a battle with a demon, is the legendary spell, Ultimaga. Ultimaga, in theory, works by applying the same concept of Ultima, but instead, on a much larger scale. Instead of one atom, you take billions of atoms, the size of a baseball collectivley. When you do this, you open a rip to two realms, light and dark. When the two relams clash, they create an infinite energy in a small ball of light the size of a baseball. The power of this spell could easily level half a planet." Vecks said with a captivating voice.
"Excelent indeed Vecks! Can you name me, say, two more spells with power greater then that of Ultima?" Arnold asked, as though he were in a game of trivial pursuit almost.
"Well, there is always the lost spell Blue." A voice said. Vecks was interupted before he began, by his new freind Sally. Sally strolled into the room, and began talking. "Blue, in theory anyway, calls forth magical energy into the body, and allows it to act as a conduit between whatever realm you cast it in, and the realm of dreams. While this is an imperfect conduit, it allows infinite magical energy, immortality, and access to every spell that is known by those around you locally for the duration of the spell. I cannot personaly recall every seeing it." Sally said, strolling in and leaning on Vecks.
"Vey good Sally. Class, this is Sally, she is or best summoner ever. Now, can either of you name an even more powerful spell then Ultima that was not listed yet?" Arnold asked like a teacher.
"I know one. It works in the same way Blue does. However, instead of the realm of dreams, it connects you to realm of nothingness and infinite void. Personally, I have never witnessed this spell, but I have heard it before, the legendary lost spell, Nothings Call. When performed, the body is filled with magical energy, however, the magical energy is converted within the heart to light and dark in a perfect balance. This balance, should destroy the heart with so much of it, but instead, opens a rift withing the heart to nothingness. This rift allows the caster to selectivley destroy anything without any matter left behinde. One could litteraly shave using this spell, though not the wisest choice, or, it could be used to cast a world into nothingness, causing it to vanish completley and forver." Vecks told his tale. This was indeed a spell above spells.
"Very good."
Shortly after, Sally told Vecks the truth. She was in love with him, and he in love with her. With Sally at his side, Vecks was hapyp again, and every thing of his past life was gone from his memories. For almost four months they were together, until one day. Vecks had to leave for a day or two, he had been accidentaly poisoned in an experiment. When he came back to his body, he still remembered nothing, and slept for two days straight.
When he signed back onto the forum,
There was nothing.

And the rest!

The buildings were gone, the people were gone, all that was left, was a vast wasteland of infinite blankness. In the center of this purgatory, stood a solitary figure. He was a tall man, dressed in a white robe, with a white wizards hat, and a white staff. His skin was pale, and his hair was long and white. Had he not been bleeding off an aura of darkness, Vecks would have overlooked him completley.
"Who are you? Where is everyone, and whats going on?!" Vecks asked frantically when he approached him. The man had an old look and a smile on his face.
"Ah Vecks, it seems I missed you."
"How do you know my name?! Where are Arnold and Sally and Walyl and Cid?" He asked. The man smiled with an evil grin. Vecks got the feeling that this man was not his freind.
"Allow me to explain. You see, some time ago, I was an ordinary wizard. One day, I decided I wnated to be the most powerful, but quickley found I could not be so. Then, I began to scheme. I built the forums, and with them, I began to attract many people. However, I quickley found people were not keen on me, so I needed a freind, thats when Arnold came along. I tricked and used him to gather people by the masses, and when I felt the time had come, I sruck. Using the vast magical energies I possesed, I activated my trap. Now, all your freinds and the magi and sorceres and wizards and warlocks and witches and the like, are within me. Their knowlage and power are my own. I am indeed, more powerful then any other magi in this or any other universe!" He stated in the traditonal evil badguy monlogue style.
"NO! Give them back!" Vecks charged at the man, and struck at him with his staff, but was blown away by a strong wind.
"You wish to battle me? How amusing, I accept, but not here, somewhere, else." Raising his staff into the air, the wizard wisked himself and Vecks away to somewhere else, a world, crafted by the wizards will, in the shape of a Colloseum from anceint rome.
"Here we are. We still are in the universe we just were, but things are a bit more interesting. I have called our bodies into this relam, so rest assured, you can, and will, die here my mage of denim. Now then, I shall allow you the first sh-" However, the man was interupted.
"Nega-arrow!" Crafted during his time in the forums, the nega-arrow calsl forth an arrow of void and shoots it a short distance at high speeds. The arrow is composed of no-matter, so any matter that touches it ceases to be.
Surprised by this arrow at first, the wizard only raised his hand in defence, and forced magical energy into his palm. The result, was a magic attracting spot that protected the wizard. The arrow was drawn to the wizards palm,
And went right through it.
Flinching, the wizard only sustained a hole through the hand, not life threatening. Blood spilled from his hand where a a hole now replaced the spot where his left palm should be, he quickley began to heal it.
"Interesting, I should have used the memoories to forsee this, but I was arrogant. Hmmm, it seems your arrow has managed to slow the healing process to the point where not even a curaga would suffice. No matter, I have healed it now, and you shall fall." The wiard spoke. At first, his healing magic had no effect, but as the magic of creation cancealed out the magic of nothing, the wound was healed.
"Now then. Come forth, mighty Buhumat!" A small horn appeared on the wizards forehead. Raising his hand into the air, a mighty and powerful dragon appeared, and roared with beatial ferocity so immense it shook Vecks' very bones.
"Go! Mega Flare!" The mighty dragon breathed in, and a blue ball of fire began to form, however, Vecks did nothing, and instead, looked down to the gorund. The mighty flare was released, and sped for Vecks, only to tunr at the last second, and head for the wizard.
"Ahhh, so YOU are the space bender! Very well no more of these games!" Snapping his fingers, the dragon, and the flare, disappeared. The wizard began to chant something, as did Vecks. When they had both finished, the two looked to each other, and unleashed their spells.
"Dragon Slave!" Vecks recited. The dragon slave is said to be one of the most powerful spells imaginable. Capable of destroying a small mountain, Vecks does not use this spell lightly, if ever, for fear of causing mass destruction. A crimson beam of light shot from Vecks' hands, and sped for the wizard in white, it coiled and curved, and struck the wizard dead on.
Then nothing happend.
"I was not chanting, young mage." The wizard began, the awe struck vecks utterly speachless. The wizard laughed as he continued. "You see, thanks to the knowlage and enrgy from your freinds, I do not need to chant even the strongest of spells! Here, behold my power, as I give you a mighty spell indeed. I beleive you mentioned it before, Infinity Break!" A sudden wave of black flashed, and then, Vecks fell to the ground, the very life sucked out of him.
-------------------Vecks' death---------------------
There was an infinte blackness, and Vecks was formless, but he could see. There, infront of him, or rather, his vision, was again, the wizard in black, illuminated to stand out from the darkness. Next to him, was someone else. Tall, and dressed in a white shirt, dark blue silk pants, and a blue cloak and hood that conealed his face. The wizard in black held in his hand the staff he gave Vecks, the wizard in blue held in his hand a staff of long white oak with a blue gem at the top.
"You see now, why I chose him don;t you?" The wizard in black spoke to the wizard in blue. The wizard in blue turned, and responded to him, his voice was young and captivating.
"Yes, I can see. Even in death he refuses to give up or concede. He has power greater then mine, but his knowlage is not as great, nor his confidence. However, he has the potential, and I am proud to say what I am to him. This was a very good choice. Is it time then for his first assencion?"
"Indeed it is." The wizard in black replied to the wizard in blue. "The vessel of the master shall have three assencions. First with the horn, then with the blue, and then, one day later, with the infinite. The Space Bender shall become the Caller, then the Learner, and then, the Master." The wizard in black said.
"Yes, this is true. What of the Wizard in White? Even if he assends, he cannot hope to best such a man." The wizard in blue asked. The two were paying not attention to Vecks, as though he were invisible, despite the fact that they knew he was there.
"Yes, I have considered and solved this. The wizard shall serve to grant the assension, just not willingly. The Staff that shall be the key shall be one here. Remember, it has the powers I gave it." The Wizard in Black explained.
"Very good, then I shall explain." Both men turned to Vecks' vision. "Vecks, you are the chosen mage. You are not meant to die this day, and indeed, you shant. This is the cross roads between life and death for magi. Because you were killed by the infity break, we can send you back. When you go, use the staff! Call on the life force, plunge it into the WIzard in White's heart, and all shall be revealed."
The two wizards turned, there work finished, and began to walk down a road of white.
Then there was life again.
---------------Assension-----------------------
Vecks stood up.
The Wizard was shocked. How could this be? Mere moments ago, this boy had fallen in death, and now he rose again? It is true there are spells to raise the dead in some ways, but non to raise themself. Wizards from anceint days were said to be able to assend and come back to life, but this was no longer possible!
How could this be?
"Vecks! You do not know when to quit! You have been lucky enough to be granted a leace on life, but you shall have it taken away again! Now, burn in hell you fool! Infinity break!" The wizard tried again to slay Vecks. This time however, Vecks drew his staff. There was a sudden flash of black, and then, nothing happened.
"You are the fool White Wizard! This staff is my key! It serves as a token of the earth power of four elements! Fire, Earth, Wind and Water! Together, they form life force, and with it, I cannot be slain so long as I have faith in it. Not by such spells as the Infinity Break anyway!" He spoke with a voice of truth.
"Now, wizard, I free the souls of the dead, and your life, I end!" Charging at the Wizard with incredible speed, Vecks was met with a flurry of Fireballs and Cold spells. Lightning and demonic magics alike, but to no avail, Vecks dodged them all, filled with the life force of the very earth it's self.
He reached the wizard, and just as he had been told, plunged the bottom of the staff into the heart of the wizard. The wizard grabbed at the staff, shocked by this tunr of events. Then, a light began and grew at the end. There was a wave, a flood of souls, as the dead freed themselves from the fate that had befallen them.
The wizard died. Vecks pulled his staff out, and turned.
There, before him, were the souls of the many freinds he had made, though not all of them. Some had managed to live, dodge the bullet, and escape their cruel fate. The souls of his freinds all bowed and left for their after life. However, two remained behinde.
"Vecks. Thank you, you saved us from a fate worse then death its self. I am sorry our love could not last long enough for you and I to become one with each other." Sally, or her soul, began to speak. "Know that I will always love you."
"As head magi Vecks, I give you a gift. When you can, go to my laboratory, on the world known as Omega. Do not be frightened byt he name of the world, for that is all it is. Within my lad there is a chest. Everything within the lab is to be donated to magical research, but what is in that chest is for you. Now, I shall await for you to finsh. Good bye, Vecks the Space Bender." Arnold, Sir Arnold, thanked Vecks, and then fadded away. Sally remained.
"I, I can;t live without you. You are the only one I can remember any more! You are my life Sally." Vecks told Sally. Sally smiled, and with a soft, fading voice, she explained.
"Vecks, when I died, I was told what was to come, and what has been. You shall understand in a moment after this. I shall be with you forever Vecks, and not just in memory. There is something I must do for you, something I was destined to do. I am to serve as many things, but perhaps most importantly, as a reminder. Vecks, remember, I love you." Sally said. For a moment, she seemed to gain her color back. Floating down to Vecks, she kissed him.
A sudden, intense light enveloped the two, and they were wisked away back to the very spot where Vecks had been meditating. Sally looked into Vecks' eyes, and he could feel a great power grow within him. He understood now. Sally faded away, she had give him her power, her skill, her heart. Her soul passed on at last. Then, he remembered.
"Thank you Sally. Thanks to you, I can now remember." His hair was now blonde, but every alternate lock of hair was red as well. In addition, he now has a small white horn on his forehead. He now possesed stronger magics, low level white magic, and the ability to summon and even Call.
Before she left, Sally said something. "Go to where she last was."
"Aurie." Vecks mutterted under his breath, as he quickley converted his shelter back into a ship, and sped off for the city of light.
He remembered again.

Real quick, here is what he gained.
Some new black magic spells, from being in the forum.
Some new custum spells, including Nega Arrow (Short range)
White magic-Extremley low level. Cura on one person, Cure on multiple is the best he can do.
Summonings-While he has yet to learn how to merge with them, he has gained the summonings Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh. When using these, the summonings displace Vecks from reality so they can enter, perform an attack or two, then leave.
More confidence! WOOOO!

Also, gained the ability to use Life Force from his staff. This can be used to drastically enhance Fire/Water/Wind/Earth based attacks, super charge Vecks' physical body for enhanced agility and strength, and also be used to restore life. It can only restore life when it has been lossed by means like the Infinity Break. So, if you get shot in the head, your S.O.L. This is set on auto for Vecks, giving him immunity to such spells.

He is a bit more outgowing and livley because of Sally's heart, and his face looks slightly different, but one can tell it is him if they know him. Although the hair might throw them off :-D
----------------------------------
Sorry, I'll read everyone elses stories tomorow. I personaly do not count this as double posting, based on how much freaking stuff I wrote :)

Posted by keyartist

You got your self a book.good job.

Posted by Arcadios

I think the story is great but for me their was TOO many mages but it is your story after all and you might think that their weren't enought mages. lol
None the less I give this side of chapter 10 a 7/7 and 4 thumbs up.

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

*claps* great job Wally i liked it but im gonna have to agree with my boy Mr.Nintendo and say yea there were a lot of Mages and i felt like i was in Final Fantasy you know that gameboy one for advanced i cant think of the name sorry but yea either way great i thought it was really cool now Kairi has to hurry up from amp and read our side of the stories so we can get this moving again!

Well, there was a pretty obvious reason why there were so many mages.
He was in a magical realm, simple as that.

Also, keep in mind, this was not only NOT all of the mages in our universe, but a lot came from other universes. The forum was sort of like a point of least resistance where they could meet.

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

yea i kinda figured but i got a little confused but then i realized so i meant it in no offense but yea still really good job!

Posted by Sak

YOU GAVE HIM HER HORN?!? lol. I'm editing that part out. I just have to, but otherwise GREAT STORY! It was a LITTLE too long though.

NO!
The horn stays! it Stays I say!
It is a small horn on the forehead, very small.
--------------------------------------------
The horn wors as a universal translater, as well as allowing him to summon and speak to summonings that he can now do. Remember, just SHiva Ifrit and Ramuh, and when one is summoned, Vecks disappears.
IT STAYS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meh, I have written longer

Posted by Sak

**** U! lol. Oh, I've got something shocking planned for Chapter 11. I'm not teling what it is.

Regardless, the horn stays!
IT will disappear later when Vecks goes through another transformation, but will reappear when being used (Except the universal translator part, it stays gone when doing that, only appears when summoning) however, for now it stays!
*raves*
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, just to be sure, Sean is dead and done right? Cause oblivion is an instant kill on ANY thing, even nobodies who are nothing themselves because it causes them to revert to nothing.

Posted by Arcadios

hey can we give ya suggestions for chapte 11, kairi?

Ok, I went a little Raid happy, so I have to sign off to let the my room air it's self out :eek:

I shall return later!

Posted by Arcadios

Raid happy???

Posted by Sak

NO SEAN ISN'T DEAD YET! Or is he? I haven't decided yet. Same with the really shocking thing that Vecks or Aurie might do in Chapter 11. Undecided.