Nintendo's Press Conference

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I just wanted to get this in there before anyone else, really.

Less than twelve hours left before this one. I'm most interested in seeing what's left to be revealed for Wii, and Reggie's rebuttal to the PS3 motion sensitivity.

Oh, and Wii gameplay footage. But you knew that. :)

Posted by Ant

Hopefully wii'll(lol) see some of the core games. Link, Mario, and Samus all need to make an apperance. Heh, I would like to hear something about what Sony did as well...

Posted by lanzer

lets hope we can expect more from nintendo and its rev-wii this year im really hoping to hear more on MP3 and SSB rev-wii.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

5pm GMT, right?

Let the fapping commence.

:cool:

Posted by Prince Shondronai

"Accept no imitations."

That's my prediction.

Either that, or Reggie will pull a couple of assault rifles out of his afro and start shooting up the sony camp.

Posted by brownoystercult

Why are there two A buttons on the Wiimote?

Posted by Klarth

I'm pretty sure A and B are still A and B, but they changed a and b to X and Y. Makes more sense.

One's a secondary A button. It's like calling them A1 and A2 (or L1 and L2, if you're having trouble seeing the comparison).

They're also used for NES games, if you turn the controller on its side, for example. I've also seen them referred to as X and Y, though, and I'm not sure if we've seen a final design.

EDIT: lol klarth you NINJA BOY

Gametrailers is going to have the conference in lovely live high-resolution for free!

http://www.gametrailers.com/nintendoconference.php

Awesome. Bye bye Gamespot.

One hour to go, kids.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd be extremely hyped, if it wasn't for the fact like twenty members of my family are round to specifically see me.

:(

The Gamespot feed is now up. It's a 'coming soon' page thing, but it's available.

Family comes and goes, X. Nintendo is forever!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL="http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/event_popup/index.php?event=e3_2006"]Just for anyone who missed it.[/URL]

It's a NINTENDO test card right now, with 'Sunshine Fever' in the background.

Expect it to change in the next 10 minutes.

:cool:

A seperate version of Zelda
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Excite Truck (thought it was a new Cruisn' game at first)
Disaster Day of Crisis
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Not a bad 1st-party lineup. I'm sure Exite Truck and Project HAMMER will go through some changes before release, though. They didn't seem like quite complete games.

EDIT: Crap! I forgot about Smash Brothers! It had better be the finale!

Posted by Klarth

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (the leaked screenshot was REAL)
No Smash Bros... yet :)
Controller speaker
Red Steel looks amazing
Hyper Sonic
27 launch titles AT LEAST.

Best launch ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
No Smash Bros... yet :)
Controller speaker
Red Steel looks amazing
Hyper Sonic
27 launch titles AT LEAST.

Best launch ever.

OMG

Thanks for sharing the biggest moment of my life, Jackbby.

:o

Sony are so f[COLOR="Silver"]udge[/COLOR]d.

N...No Smashy?...No Smash Brothers?...Wait, Reggie! Wait! Playing is believing, but I still want to see Smash Brothers! Please?!

*Breaks down and cries*

Ah well. It was better than some press conferrences I could mention. It was nice to see some company guys who could enjoy their own games.

Posted by Klarth

Disaster: Day of Crisis orwhateveritwascalled has some of the best graphics I've ever seen - ALL the games shown look on par with 360.

And then it exploded all over my keyboard.

There's gotta be smash sometime soon osidjfoisdjfsdfs

Posted by Big Boss

The best part was the end of it. I need to get a bigger place...

I was disappointed with the fact that Twilight Princess will have two different versions, rather than just one version that can be played on both. Doesn't that completely kill the GameCube now?

And we could tell the system won't be a competitor in the graphics department. The best looking game they had was Ubisoft's title, and it didn't even look that great. Nintendo's really banking on gameplay innovation alone, so I hope the consumers will see through that.

Disaster looks awesome. And the graphics really are good enough to compete. They're not like DOA or anything, but they're good enough.

While I was watching it, it was like OMFGWTFBBQSPOOGE, but afterwards, I kinda thought - eh? They told us maybe two new things, and they didn't even make a big deal about it. Starfox DS and the speaker in the remote is what springs to mind (as well as the new franchises).

So, SSBW? Where?

Posted by Ant

I was extremely impressed thruout the entire presentation. All of the games I saw looked fantastic IMO. And as far as Smash goes, I totaly forgot about it until you guys made mention of it. I suppose they couldn't get a good enough version out in time for e3, so maybe it won't be a launch title afterall?

I don't see what the deal is with SSB. The only thing that really takes the time is the character balancing.

Posted by Klarth

We still have a week of E3, guys.

Quoting Vampiro: Pre-rendered, plz?

Ffs. I KNOW. The two sentences were completely unrelated.

Red Steel, for example, all I could think while watching it was 'fuck your kiddy image in the ASS.' As I said, it looks good enough to compete. Not as awesome as the other two, but good enough.

Posted by Bebop

I see no problem with the graphics. Lots of shiny effects on the oil in Mario. Then again it amazes me hows quickly I forget about graphics when playing a game.

I noticed Nintendo are making alot more 'adult' games what with Project Hammer and Disaster. Hmm...

Posted by Klarth

I love the fact that Nintendo's "kiddy" image has all but disappeared now. They're anything but - Seriously, they might as well be the most mature first party ever right now, considering everyone can enjoy their games without the need for excessive blood and gore.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Klarth: Disaster: Day of Crisis orwhateveritwascalled has some of the best graphics I've ever seen - ALL the games shown look on par with 360.

And then it exploded all over my keyboard.

There's gotta be smash sometime soon osidjfoisdjfsdfs

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Please tell me you're joking.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm completely happy with the graphics. They're definately more than an overclocked Gamecube and I won't be spending £500 either. The system also has some truly awesome AI and animation capabilities, and it has some pretty decent physics. The controller pretty much completes the whole immersion deal. The only reason we ever wanted better graphics was for immersion purposes, and the controller achieves more than could ever be done with fancy shader effects.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Big Boss]Truthbetold, I'll probably get it for both. I really want to play one more Zelda game OoT style before switching to the remote.

I wish I had time to check out the links for E3 details, but I don't right now. Later.

Posted by ExoXile

I orgasm'd, trice, while watching Nintendo's Press Conference.
I almost fell asleep with sony's.
And I won't even bother with Microsoft's.

And saying that Wii's grapics aren't great? (Just, MP3: Curruption. I mean, COME ON! :) )
LOL.
Just, LOL.

Grapics are secondary! :o

Posted by ExoXile

They're great, they're just not "Superb".

Posted by TendoAddict

Oh *** Im wet.

thats all I have to say
---------------------------------

Well not really, the graphics are an issue.

The serious things (not like the tennis demo) were good. And those were DEMO'S. Im impressed. Nintendo wanted the games t olook good, but wanted them to play better.

And besides thats what its only the begining. Ill bet quality will get better.

(p.s Project Hammer FTW, HULK SMASH!)

Posted by Burrito

I really need to see Smash Bros. Wii. Why did they forget to put it on this list?: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706630p1.html

Posted by ExoXile

I'm srsly looking forward to FF:CC. :P

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I really need to see Smash Bros. Wii. Why did they forget to put it on this list?:

Probably because it's not at the show.

Posted by Burrito

So, the list includes everything at the show?*sigh* I really wish they would just show something for Smash Bros. Anything would make me happy.

On a brighter note. According to that list there is going to be a Resident Evil Wii game. Could it be Resident Evil 5, a completely original Resident Evil game, or just a remake? I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Posted by ExoXile

'Resident Evil Series' The heck?

Hey, if they can fit Resident Evil 1 on a DS cart with new features, they can have it available for the Virtual Console.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: They aren't great though.

Playing = Believing.

:)

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Axis: I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Please tell me you're joking.

Never mind, I've since found out that it wasn't in-engine.

HEY, AT LEAST NINTENDO ADMIT THAT SORT OF THING.

Posted by ExoXile

I'm still saying the grapics are great, not superb, but great.
And that's more than enough.

I mean, RE4 had quite GREAT grapics.
And something x2, or even x3 the GCN, would indeed look, superb.

(Besides, all we saw was low-res. There's no way for us to tell how it really looks.)

Posted by Drewboy64

The graphics are amazing. mario, when he was fighting that boss. The lighting affects were amazing.

There're too many things that I want to read about in such little life-span on IGN.

Quoted post: Playing = Believing.

Taken out of context? It means you need to play the games to believe how well the control. I can see how awful most of the games look without needing to play them.

Posted by ExoXile

But not how they FEEL. :D

Quoting Vampiro:

Gametrailers has HD. And it doesn't look any better.

Oh, K.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ExoXile: (Besides, all we saw was low-res. There's no way for us to tell how it really looks.)

Also, the huge screen they had at the nintendo press conference made the games look worse. From watching the off-screen videos at E3, the graphics look pretty awesome, especially Super Mario Galaxy and Red Steel.

Quoted post: But not how they FEEL.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the look.

Quoted post: (Besides, all we saw was low-res. There's no way for us to tell how it really looks.)

Gametrailers has HD. And it doesn't look any better.

Posted by ExoXile

Until we play the games ourselfs', we really have no way to know for certain.

Quoted post: Until we play the games ourselfs', we really have no way to know for certain.

Well, the games will be touched up by that time. But not by much I'm sure. It won't anywhere near as good as a Gears of War or a GRAW, that's obvious. And it probably won't look as good as a TP either.

Quoting ExoXile: ourselfs'

Nice try. :cookie:

Posted by ExoXile

-:(-

Posted by saw

when can i pre-order the wii

Whenever you want, I think. I put my name down for one two or three days ago.

My work doesn't allow it until a solid date is announced. So it might depend.

Well, the way it works with this store is that you put your name down and register interest. Then when the date is released, they ring you up and say 'are you still interested? would you like us to make it a proper preorder?' and then you go down and put your deposit down.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way it used to be here. And then a few people complained when they found out something was in fact coming out a lot later than they first expected. Of coruse we can't give back a deposit, because it's a deposit. So now we just don't bother until we know that, yeah, this is the day it's coming out, this is the day you can pick it up.

I've never understood the reason for deposits on games consoles. It's not like the company isn't going to be able to sell them.

But you only put a deposit down once there's a solid date. You can order one before then, though.

Also, FOUR THOUSAND POSTS GET IN THERE

Yeah... we're not going to write a person's name down unless they give us five bucks (or fifty if it's a console).

And the reason for a deposit is in the definition. It's a secruity measure guaranteeing your place on the list. Why would I give you the chance to be one of the twenty people who get the new MGS game when you're not giving me any collateral? It can become a real hassle when you can only sell twenty games to twenty people, yet, fifty others want it at the same time. It's even worse when you turn down ten other people and then a month later, fifteen of the twenty decide they want to go to walmart instead. Not only do you lose the business of that fifteen, you lose the business of those other ten poeople you turned down.

It's just a way to ensure EB keeps the costumer and the customer gets the game, basically.

Posted by Klarth

I've just been reminded that I had the 64DD preordered when I lived in the US.

I never got my $30 deposit back. :(

See, that's weird. Because the store I'm talking about owns EB in Britain. :)

Quoted post: See, that's weird. Because the store I'm talking about owns EB in Britain.

... and?

Well, you'd think that the policies were universal.

Not from what I can tell. There's three EBs where I live, and they all differ a bit in certain policies.