PS3 OFFICAL price $499.99 for 20GB or $599.99 for 60GB package

Posted by boomstick

If you want sources I'm sure you can go pretty much anywhere and get the news, anyway, discuss.

Personnally I don't think it's too bad at all, espically glad it's nowhere near the analysts predictions.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who didn't expect five-hundred bucks? I all ready have the money saved up, but chances are I'm only going to pre-order it to then quickly sell it. Then, with that money, I can buy the six-hundred dollar one, as I'd rather have 60 gigs than 20.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I will preorder it. I will then sell my preorder slip and buy a Wii. I AM TEH AWESOME.

Posted by Xqars

So I'm new to this system where you pre-order a console and then sell the console on release. About how much do you profit?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

More than sony will, that's for sure!

Posted by Random

wow... They are going to take a $400 hit. That kind of sucks for them. Don't you think thats a little much? Can they really afford that?

God, I hope not.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Prince Shondronai: More than sony will, that's for sure!

Lol. I don't think I'll be getting one for quite awhile actually. :( And the reason being is because of the price point. But I'm sure a bunch of spoiled children will get it first day from their rich parents :D

Quoted post: But I'm sure a bunch of spoiled children will get it first day from their rich parents

Like me :) But I'll have to use my own money :(

Posted by Unite

i will be getting one for 600.

wonder if speed still going to be buying 2

Posted by Random

ok wait ok wait.. They have two systems right..? $499.99 and $599.99...

Not only would that hurt Sony because they'd be losing a good bit of money per console but... Wouldn't that take away a lot of customers? I mean I work in retail and I can tell you right now that price is a HUGE factor. People buy Used consoles over new because it's cheaper. We had people buying GC's because they're cheaper. Price is a factor...

It worked fine of MS. Both the Core and Premium sold like hotcakes. It doesn't matter as long as they're in short supply.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

And Sony like limiting the supply, we know.

Posted by Random

Those sold well because they're new and popular and people figured that'd be the price range for all consoles. Sony will be new and popular but it'll be way too expensive. Especially if Sony keeps losing a lot of party support to other companies and taking away exclusiveness.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Wings: And Sony like limiting the supply, we know.

And stealing ideas lol! LETS DO WHAT MICROSOFT DID AND COME OUT WITH A CORE SYSTEM AND THEN A BETTER ONE FOR $100 MORE.

It just doesn't stop.

Posted by Random

Sony steals childrens souls.. :(

I was wondering why my psychic went berserk when I told her I'd got a PS2.

To be fair, though, she should have known in advance.

EDIT: lol ant doesn't get the joke

Quoted post: Those sold well because they're new and popular and people figured that'd be the price range for all consoles. Sony will be new and popular but it'll be way too expensive. Especially if Sony keeps losing a lot of party support to other companies and taking away exclusiveness.

people bought the PS2 for 2,000 dollars. People bought the 360 for 1,000 dollars. People will buy the PS3 for 10,000 dollars.

Posted by lanzer

this is just too insane of a price didnt anyone learn what happend to 3DO?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO

It's not insane.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Vampiro: It's not insane.

the only people who can buy it now is rich hardcore fans and people who been saving up since it was first heard. makes it truly hard for normal people to get it now.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Prince Shondronai: More than sony will, that's for sure!

Read that as "Sony Wii". And it sticks.

Posted by keyartist

that is a bit pricey, it's time to pull out the old wig and hit the streets.

Quoted post: the only people who can buy it now is rich hardcore fans and people who been saving up since it was first heard. makes it truly hard for normal people to get it now.

They've been saying it since the day it was announced - it's made for people who can afford it, and those that want to work extra hours to save up for it.

Still though, it's releasing around Christmas. People will pay anything for the new "it" item.

Posted by higbvuyb

Hopefully, it will be just in the range where it is too expensive for the average person/Sony fan, but just too cheap for Sony to lose less than a few hundred million, even including game sales. Hopefully, only the more hardcore Sony fanboys will buy it, and they lose LOTS of market share to Microsoft and Nintendo. These losses make Sony unable to increase its Playstation 3 production infrastructure, so the price of the PS3 remains as high as it is now for several years. Then, it is superseded by the next generation of consoles, two years later, the Sony one boasting only better graphics, and a design that looks like a lamp shade, and stupid features like an underwear drawer.

Then, Blu-ray just fails, making Sony lose even more customers, because HD-DVD is just so much more superior for both the customer and the manufacturer.

Hmm, it will probably sell at about $850 Australian. Hopefully nobody's going to buy one, and will get the $200 less Xbox 360 package instead.

I fail to see how that's a 'hopeful' scenario.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12694724/

lol results?

Posted by Ant

Wow, that's a lot higher then I expected. :$

Hah.

Posted by Linko_16

I had the luxury of not caring much about the X-Box 360 and its high prices when it was released, even though everyone else seemed bonkers for it, but this is bad news for me. I'd really like one, but that's a lot of money for me to spend at once.

Quoting Klarth: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12694724/

lol results?

Didn't see that coming.

I'll get a PS3 eventually. Admittedly, I haven't heard of anything from it that really has me interested yet, so I doubt I'll mind waiting. If those poll results hold true, then hopefully, price drops will come sooner and lower than usual.

Quoted post: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12694724/

lol results?

Ouch. 61% isn't looking to good. But that could change over time.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]If you want sources I'm sure you can go pretty much anywhere and get the news, anyway, discuss.

Personnally I don't think it's too bad at all, espically glad it's nowhere near the analysts predictions.

What planet are you from? This is EXACTLY what they predicted. All the 700-800 predictions were the MANUFACTURING costs of the system. 500-600 were their retail estimates, which are right on the money.

They stated on G4 last night that the cell chip and blu-ray player in the ps3 alone cost $900 to make. I thought that was funny.

Lol, just found this.

Posted by Grom

About the 3DO thing, they also had sucky games kinda like the X-Box 360:),
i dont know what will happen but i am going to buy it first thing like the Wii.
I am saving for my car now to but, with the 40 a week i get at the peak of the summer i dont think i will have too much of a problem.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, this is somewhat disheartening... I bet the stuff they include in the package will make up for some of the cost, though. No matter what, it's still going to sell.

Posted by shep

this thing is going to be another neo-geo re sell.

Didn't the NeoGeo cost a hundred more?

Good times.

Posted by Fate

This just makes it easier to save.

Posted by TendoAddict

Looks like the $600 one is the best way to go.

The $500 one is missing some key things people want.

Just hope your bank interest pays for the extra $100;)

Posted by Random

$600 is just too expensive. You've got to be crazy to spend that much for a Gaming console. Perhaps a new Laptop or Desktop PC that won't be outdated for years to come that you can upgrade but not a gaming console. I thought $400 for the 360 was just but $600 is pushing it.

Maybe when it's $400 i'll pick one up.

Quoted post: You've got to be crazy to spend that much for a Gaming console.

Or do what everyone's doing. Pre-order, sell to whoever wants it for the most money you can get. That way you'll have enough for a PS3 with a bit left over.

Posted by Fate

It's not just a gaming console. If that's the price, so be it.

I'd rather have a cheap gaming console than a SUPA MEDIA MACHINE that costs half a grand.

Posted by Fate

I don't have anything that resembles a DVD player, music player, or anything else that the PS3 is coming with. So it works for me. Sounds like everyone else will just have to swallow the losses. :D

I have three DVD players, a computer that can hold a lot of music, a stereo, Xbox 360, and eventually a Wii.

So, it's really offering nothing I don't all ready have. But lawd knows I'm probably going to buy one anyways.

Posted by Xqars

I looked at a picture of the 20 GB and the 60 GB. I saw one difference, a little thing that I think was called a HTMI. I have no idea what that is. What's it used for?

Press it, and the Hyper-Text Midget Idiot pops out of one of the ports to smack you in the face for buying sony's latest system for $600 when you knew full well that you should have waited until the price dropped and more games came out for it.

Hah, win.

It's for HD support.

Posted by The_Arbiter

Quoting Xqars: So I'm new to this system where you pre-order a console and then sell the console on release. About how much do you profit?

yeah i mean look at how much 360s sold on ebay i mean 1000 dollars for one imgaine how much you will get for one cause its probly going to be like the 360 going to sell quick and fast

Posted by Random

They're not even pre ordering PS3's here because of the 360 problem. They suspect that Sony won't be able to produce PS3's any faster than Microsoft could 360's. They suspect a mess. So that means if you want one to sell on ebay you may have to end up standing outside in a line in November for 12 hours :)

Worth it..? Maybe thats yet to be determined.

Posted by Crazy K

It is very expensive, but what are ya gonna do, you can't really change it.

I know I will be getting a WII but its hard to say if I will be getting a PS3. Maybe if I can get some money ill buy it then sell it over eBay for double the price.

[Quote=SomebodyRandom]So that means if you want one to sell on eBay you may have to end up standing outside in a line in November for 12 hours

Worth it..? Maybe thats yet to be determined.

I think id be able to wait in line for so long, I have a lot of patience when it comes to waiting for something.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: I don't have anything that resembles a DVD player, music player, or anything else that the PS3 is coming with. So it works for me. Sounds like everyone else will just have to swallow the losses. :D

Doesn't your PS2 have a DVD player and doesn't your computer, the one that you're currently using, you know to type this message, play music?

Posted by Fate

It's my boyfriend's. I don't own anything of the sort. so stfu relevance being i'm moving out

Posted by Bebop

You dont own a DVD player is this day and age? They give them away free in cereal for crying out loud! Surely buying a PS3 for yourself now would be like giving a caveman an electric car.

And like taking all his money...

Posted by Pit

and his *** virginity

Posted by Arczu

I have to say that is steep. Though, I wonder if stores here would even stock em.

Even with that, you are going to see a curving lines outside stores. All the money those people will be carrying could probably buy up food for a few years.