Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 Bound!

Posted by Big Boss

SquareEnix has just announced FFXIII for the PS3 at their E3 Press Conference!

Also, a FFXIII spinoff!? Also for the PS3 and directed by Tetsuya Nomura of KH fame. Apparently, Square is planning for a FFVII-type success with XIII. Awesome.

Posted by Random

Has it been announced exclusive? i'll have to look on that. I love Final Fantasy but I don't feel like paying a huge amount for a PS3 (til after some price drops) right away.

**Edit**

D*** it says no 360. I hope that changes.

Still I look forward to more information on it.

Posted by boomstick

I was a little surprised about this, I mean, I knew it was happening, but I expected they would stick with FFXII alone for the show, but this does sound quite interesting.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Looks like ****. Maybe I need to see more, but right now it looks like your typical future action game with guns and swords. Lame.

Posted by Unite

nice , i seen the trailer few times nice stuff

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've pretty much lost any excitement over the FF franchise. AND, to top it off, its on a system that I cant afford (and would probably pass on if I could).

Posted by Klarth

I'll wait 25 years so I can get it on emulator.

Posted by Random

Quoting Klarth: I'll wait 25 years so I can get it on emulator.

lol probably more like 15 :-P

Posted by Klarth

Hardware power exponentially increases. It took two or three years to get perfect SNES emulation, but closer to 10 to get perfect N64 emulation.

Whatever, it's irrelevant and I probably won't have any passing interest until Final Fantasy MCXLVI is out.

You know, this game probably wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to blanket the series. No one needs three XIII games. It would probably just be better if they combined them into one excellent game.

Posted by keyartist

Right three diffrent games is weird just sell it all together. Don't pull a .hack and have to buy the sequel after each short game.

Posted by Kestryl

I know I will not be getting it. I can't justify that much money for a PS3 when I could get a Wii and 360 for probably the same price.
But having FF XIII exclusively on the PS3 would force FF fans to buy the PS3.
Curse you, Sony!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Although it sounds neat, I can hardly excite myself over the series anymore. Besides, I won't be playing the game until the PS3 price drops a few times.

Quoted post: Besides, I won't be playing the game until the PS3 price drops a few times.

And by then it'll still be 400 dollars.

Posted by GameMiestro

In the words of Adam Sessler: "It's looks good. A little too good."

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Vampiro: And by then it'll still be 400 dollars.

* Until it drops to $200, maybe $250. In other words, until the PS5 comes out.

Posted by Xenos

Wow - this looks amazing. I congratulate Square Enix for sucessfully creating a Caucasian character that looks caucasian.